PDA

View Full Version : Not ready to give up on The Big Hurt

antitwins13
11-23-2005, 08:05 PM
My first reaction to hearing the Thome deal was where will Frank play? Maybe my mind is clouded with nostalgia, but Thome better get used to playing first again and Walnuts should be looking for a house in the OC.

Madvora
11-23-2005, 08:09 PM
If its between Frank and Paulie, it has to be Paulie. As much as I want Frank back, it just doesn't make any sense.

I want him to just retire because I couldn't stand seeing him in another uniform. However, I was super upset once he got hurt that second time this year. I really wanted to see more of that explosion he was giving us.

veeter
11-23-2005, 08:12 PM
From what I've been hearing, PK will be back. I think Kenny is hoping nobody goes after Frank. I think he's hoping somehow, some way, he can work Frank into this thing. But he can't sacrifice losing PK for Frank. No way.

row18
11-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Man this sucks, please sign Frank and have a platoon of PK, Frank and Thome.

Banix12
11-23-2005, 08:18 PM
I just can't see him coming back. Unfortunately this happens where a player gets old and moves on to another team in his declining years. Unitas to San Diego, Willie Mays to the Mets, etc.

It's just impossible to trust frank to stay healthy for a full season. The only chance of him coming back is PK leaving but I would much rather have PK/Thome in the middle of the lineup right now instead of Thome/Frank.

Deadguy
11-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Frank's gone.

He will sign a Minor League Contract with one of 9 AL teams. The only teams that aren't options are Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, and now the White Sox.

There's really only two established DHs in the league, and they are Ortiz and Hafner. Kansas City is ruled out, unless they move Sweeney, and Detroit isn't an option since Dmitiri Young takes up a lot of PAs as a DH.

Don't count out the Yanks, as he could replace Tino and/or Ruben Sierra as a bench player. Historically, they have gone after aging sluggers like Canseco, Mcgriff, Strawberry, and Fielder to take on the same kind of role Thomas could fill. It really depends on whether they are going to retain Bernie Williams to take on that role.

nccwsfan
11-23-2005, 08:21 PM
My first reaction to hearing the Thome deal was where will Frank play? Maybe my mind is clouded with nostalgia, but Thome better get used to playing first again and Walnuts should be looking for a house in the OC.

Your head is clouded with nostalgia. Great move by getting Thome's bat here- now they need to get PK signed. Unfortunately that means the greatest hitter in White Sox history would be elsewhere in 2006. No matter what happens or where he goes, he'll always remain an integral part of White Sox history, and you know that Jerry will find a place for him in the organization once his career is through.

It's hard to say, but it's for the best. Big Hurt will always be an all time favorite, but Thome and PK are better for the White Sox in 2006 and beyond...

SaltyPretzel
11-23-2005, 08:23 PM
The fact that he has a World Series ring with the Sox takes some of the sting out of it.

Hagan
11-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Frank is going to sign with a different team. A team will give him a better contract than a minor league contract. The white sox would give him a better contract than a minor league contract. He will get money from a team becasue he is still going to be a good hitter that someone will take a chance on. There isnt room on the white sox for the money he will want.

munchman33
11-23-2005, 08:24 PM
The Thome trade represents a huge piece of leverage for the Sox in negotiations with Konerko. Because now they're not as desperate for a big bat, and unwilling to overpay by so much.

Whether its Frank or Konerko next year will depend on Konerko. If he's willing to accept only four years, and only around $12 million, he'll be back. If not, it'll probably be Frank. Unless Frank isn't healthy enough for a contract by Dec. 7th. In which case it'll probably be another trade, either for Aubrey Huff or Lyle Overbay.

Banix12
11-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Frank's gone.

He will sign a Minor League Contract with one of 9 AL teams. The only teams that aren't options are Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, and now the White Sox.

There's really only two established DHs in the league, and they are Ortiz and Hafner. Kansas City is ruled out, unless they move Sweeney, and Detroit isn't an option since Dmitiri Young takes up a lot of PAs as a DH.

Don't count out the Yanks, as he could replace Tino and/or Ruben Sierra as a bench player. Historically, they have gone after aging sluggers like Canseco, Mcgriff, Strawberry, and Fielder to take on the same kind of role Thomas could fill. It really depends on whether they are going to retain Bernie Williams to take on that role.

He'll get more than a minor league contract, I'm pretty sure both the Oakland A's and Minnesota Twins would give him a major league deal. Yankees might take him as a bench player. Baltimore might take him if only because he has been so anit-steroid and they need a PR reprieve after last season.

Ol' No. 2
11-23-2005, 09:20 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't see any other team making Frank an offer better than what he'd get with the Sox. No one is going to sign him as their primary DH, so he'd be sharing time wherever he goes. Frank Thomas, even as a spare DH, still brings more to the team than whoever their 25th man is. We'll see how this plays out, but I wouldn't rule out Frank returning next year.

Brian26
11-23-2005, 09:26 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't see any other team making Frank an offer better than what he'd get with the Sox. No one is going to sign him as their primary DH, so he'd be sharing time wherever he goes. Frank Thomas, even as a spare DH, still brings more to the team than whoever their 25th man is. We'll see how this plays out, but I wouldn't rule out Frank returning next year.

Knowing, however, the way Ozzie likes to structure his roster, I have a hard time believing they would carry Frank on the bench when he can only play one position defensively, and he is extremely limited in being able to even do that. I believe Frank's career with the Sox is over.

Deadguy
11-23-2005, 09:28 PM
No one is going to sign him as their primary DH, so he'd be sharing time wherever he goes. Frank Thomas, even as a spare DH, still brings more to the team than whoever their 25th man is. We'll see how this plays out, but I wouldn't rule out Frank returning next year.

The DH itself is a pretty weak position, and outside of the Red Sox and the Indians, who has a permanent DH? There are 9 teams in the AL who could realistically take a chance on Frank at a minimal cost.

Frank isn't going to return as a 25th man, and the White Sox are going to want more versatlity out of a role player than what Frank could offer. If we were an NL team, maybe, but certainly not as an AL team. The writing is on the wall and Thomas's tenure is over. At least it ended on a positive note, unlike the way it could have ended in 2002.

ShoelessJoeS
11-23-2005, 09:59 PM
The fact that he has a World Series ring with the Sox takes some of the sting out of it.
You sir, hit the nail right on the head, although, this pill is going to be hard to swallow. It's like I want Kenny to resign Paulie, but that pretty much guarantees that Frank will not be with the team next year. IMO, however, I think we will see the Big Hurt once again in a Sox uniform.....as our hitting coach.

DumpJerry
11-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Frank will be back. There are not even rumors about rumors of other teams talking to him. Frank will sign a low dollar/high incentive contract and go on the 60 day DL to continue his recovery. JR is very loyal to him and he is loyal to the White Sox. He also owns a home here in Lakeview (moved from Vegas in the past year) and either just got married or is about to get married.

This time we probably won't see him until August or September to make sure he is not being rushed like last year. I think Ozzie would have too much fun with him, Thome and Paulie on the roster. Imagine the knot in the stomach of a pitcher who finds out he's facing all three in one game?

We gave him a ring, any team that wants to sign him that is not the Sox is not in a position to give him a ring.

lths06
11-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Where does that leave Frank? Would that mean he definetly would not be on the team next year?
:hawk

"Where you gonna put him?"

Bobby Thigpen
11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Unless he's willing to play for very little base salary, a very diminished role in playing time, and an incentive laden contract, then yes, he would be gone.

NeverForget42
11-23-2005, 10:50 PM
as much as it hurts all of us, the big hurt will soon find a place in all of our profiles under 'favorite past players'

Flight #24
11-23-2005, 10:54 PM

Ummm....very different to tell him he's battling the likes of Lew Ford, Ben Broussard, or Scott Hatteberg for ABs and a Jim Thome. Frank will have far better options for PT than Chicago. It's going to come down to how badly he wants the 500 HRs and more PT v. how badly he wants to only ever be a White Sox and take a shot at another ring.

Ol' No. 2
11-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Ummm....very different to tell him he's battling the likes of Lew Ford, Ben Broussard, or Scott Hatteberg for ABs and a Jim Thome. Frank will have far better options for PT than Chicago. It's going to come down to how badly he wants the 500 HRs and more PT v. how badly he wants to only ever be a White Sox and take a shot at another ring.While he might get more AB with another team, none of those parks are nearly as HR-friendly. He needs 52 more HR to reach 500. If he hits 1 HR every 16 AB it will take him 832 AB. If he cuts that to 1 HR every 12 AB, he needs only 624.

Besides, I can't believe that winning a World Series with the Sox wasn't a little bit hollow for him. How much value would he place on playing in a World Series? And how much more would that mean to HOF voters than passing some arbitrary 500 HR threshold?

gowhitesox
11-23-2005, 11:43 PM
I can't picture the Big Hurt wearing the uniform of another major league team. It would break my heart to see him playing for the lovable losers. I do think the Sox will offer him a lesser contract.

mike squires
11-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Whatever happens, I hope there are no bitter feelings between the two. (Frank and management) I don't want to be talking years from now that Frank was upset in how they treated him in the end, ala Fisk, Guillen, Mike Cameron and probably others I can't think of at the moment. I hope Frank understands it's business if in fact he is gone.

Fake Chet Lemon
11-23-2005, 11:48 PM
No one is going to sign him as their primary DH, .

The Twins will.

Frank is gone, that really sucks. But I understand, Paulie and Thome could be our version of Ramirez and Ortiz.

Flight #24
11-23-2005, 11:49 PM
While he might get more AB with another team, none of those parks are nearly as HR-friendly. He needs 52 more HR to reach 500. If he hits 1 HR every 16 AB it will take him 832 AB. If he cuts that to 1 HR every 12 AB, he needs only 624.

Besides, I can't believe that winning a World Series with the Sox wasn't a little bit hollow for him. How much value would he place on playing in a World Series? And how much more would that mean to HOF voters than passing some arbitrary 500 HR threshold?

Little to no chance he gets anywhere close to 600 ABs even in 2 years battling with Thome/Konerko. Not unless one of them gets hurt. If he wants that, he'll have to go elsewhere. Minnesota, Cleveland - there are other places he can hit the HRs.

And the PT factors into the WS as well. Sure he'd have the best chance of winning another ring here. But does he want to do it as a backup DH or would that seem almost as hollow as this year?

nccwsfan
11-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Whatever happens, I hope there are no bitter feelings between the two. (Frank and management) I don't want to be talking years from now that Frank was upset in how they treated him in the end, ala Fisk, Guillen, Mike Cameron and probably others I can't think of at the moment. I hope Frank understands it's business if in fact he is gone.

No matter what happens this offseason I envision Hurt working with the CWS in some capacity. Jerry will take care of him, if not this year then some year down the road. He's an important part of White Sox lore.

Ol' No. 2
11-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Little to no chance he gets anywhere close to 600 ABs even in 2 years battling with Thome/Konerko. Not unless one of them gets hurt. If he wants that, he'll have to go elsewhere. Minnesota, Cleveland - there are other places he can hit the HRs.

And the PT factors into the WS as well. Sure he'd have the best chance of winning another ring here. But does he want to do it as a backup DH or would that seem almost as hollow as this year?But the point is that if he goes somewhere less HR-friendly, he won't get 800 AB in two years there, either. His ankle just won't take it. So if he's going to be limited by his ankle anyway, wouldn't he rather play somewhere that he can make those AB count?

None of us knows what Frank's priorities are. We're just going to have to wait and see. I just don't think it's necessarily a foregone conclusion that he won't be back. They managed to have enough roster room for Thomas, Everett and Konerko last year, so I don't see why they couldn't do it this year, too. We're probably not going to know for sure until Dec. 8.

filmnews
11-24-2005, 01:32 AM
If the White Sox sign Konerko, then Frank has to be gone. There would be no place for him on the team. I think that this sucks, because Frank is my favorite player. Also, if Frank can get healthy, I believe he will be a dominant force once again. I just hopes he does not go to the Yankees.

paciorek1983
11-24-2005, 02:20 AM
With the signing of Thome and the hopeful signing of Konerko, yes this COULD be the end of the Frank Thomas era. But, let's say Frank's foot has not healed, and noone signs him to a contract. Is it possible that he could be a mid-season pick-up and remain a White Sox?

antitwins13
11-24-2005, 02:32 AM
:hawkWhy would we sign you mid season? I mean where would you play?:hurt

MERPER
11-24-2005, 03:23 AM
As soon as the trade was made for Thome, I immediately contacted my sources at WGN and ESPN 1000... both told me they feel as though Frank will be retiring... saying the ankle/foot is still hurt and he is at the end of the road...

Take that for what it's worth....

If Frank does retire, I will be sad to see the greatest hitter ever to wear the black and white be finished... but it's better than the thought of seeing him with another team

If this is the end of Frank, I feel honored and privileged to have seen his entire career... should be a first ballot HOFer

:gulp:

cubkilla#1soxfan
11-24-2005, 05:56 AM
if frank thomas could be resigned it could be as a power guy off the bench or better yet maybe the sox should sign and trade konerko so they could get the prospects to get barry zito and move el duque to the bullpen and maybe if that all happened and is Thomas's foot is healed, he could be a great #5 hitter for the next two or three years barring any injury. Even if none of this happens, and he retires, Thomas is still a first ballot hall of famer in my book who has hit 448 career natural home runs with a world series ring.

Frater Perdurabo
11-24-2005, 08:35 AM
For the 10th time, if Konerko returns, Thome replaces CARL EVERETT: a left-handed DH. Thome is superior to Everett, though, because he is a better hitter and he can play first base. Also, if Konerko returns, Thome's ability to play 1B makes Ross Glaod expendable. Do you really think that if Frank is healthy, the Sox would keep Gload instead of Frank?

:kukoo:

Last year, when Frank was healthy, there were enough ABs for Konerko, Everett and Frank. In fact, that's when the Sox increased their lead in the AL Central by nine games (6 to 15). It's no coincidence that the Sox played their best baseball when all three were contributing. If Konerko, Thome and Frank are on the roster and healthy in 2006, Ozzie will find a way to get them enough ABs. If Konerko leaves, Thome plays first and Frank comes back as a DH/PH.

Frank wants to be back. Reinsdorf wants Frank back. If Frank is healthy, or if the doctors think he can contribute in 2006, he will be back.

:cool:

Deadguy
11-24-2005, 02:45 PM
As soon as the trade was made for Thome, I immediately contacted my sources at WGN and ESPN 1000... both told me they feel as though Frank will be retiring... saying the ankle/foot is still hurt and he is at the end of the road...

Frank doesn't even talk to the media duing the off season, so that really doesn't mean much. I don't know who your sources are, but I doubt they have much insight on the situation.

Rowand and Frank and good friends, and Rowand mentioned Thomas and how he was coming along on Monday night:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051123&content_id=1271944&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Thome's presence does indicate that Thomas no longer is an option for the White Sox. Rowand mentioned Monday night, while he was in town for the White Sox World Series DVD premiere, that he had recently talked to Thomas and that he thought the powerful designated hitter was showing improvement with his left ankle judging by his request to play golf.

Rowand isn't his agent, just a friend, so he gains nothing by saying that about Frank.

If Frank had regressed, and had to have surgery, he might retire. If not, I see no reason why he doesn't try and hang on a little longer. This injury isn't as serious as the one that put him on the shelf in 2004, and he could be out of a cast by December. Where that puts him as far as his availability in 2006, I don't know, but he'll see some action in 2006, with another team.

Frank's power is still there, and he hasn't lost his batter's eye. He has basically turned into a Harmon Killebrew type of hitter, which isn't a bad thing at all, and he has already expressed a desire to keep playing for 3 more years.

Taliesinrk
11-24-2005, 03:02 PM
From what I've been hearing, PK will be back. I think Kenny is hoping nobody goes after Frank. I think he's hoping somehow, some way, he can work Frank into this thing. But he can't sacrifice losing PK for Frank. No way.

I disagree.. (This is very hopeful talk mind you).. If PK walks, I think KW signs Frank.. Then, we have a ton more money to work with to sign a high-priced FA (i.e. Giles). This would allow us to get a player who can play another position (hopefully OF) and still remain insurance for an injury to Thome/Thomas with Anderson/Young backing him up...
Therefore, I not longer feel as if signing Konerko is a must, as long as the Sox can get another power hitter.

DoItForDanPasqua
11-24-2005, 03:13 PM
If Frank Thomas is to go to another team it would be very sad, but the White Sox should promise him a spot in the organization upon his retirement. I don't want him leaving with any resentment towards the World Champions. I'm thinking third base coach, anybody would be better than Joey Cora. That way they can retire #35 then bring it back out for Thomas just like #3 for Harold Baines.

skobabe8
11-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Doesnt it seem a little easier to part with a guy like Frank Thomas since winning the World Series? Think about it....up to this point, we hung our hats on Frank Thomas, the greatest player in Chicago White Sox history. We loved him and wanted him to be around until he decided to hang it up. Now, having won a title, letting Frank go is a little (and I mean very little) easier for me because he's not the biggest thing around anymore. The trophy is.

antitwins13
11-24-2005, 06:29 PM
I disagree.. (This is very hopeful talk mind you).. If PK walks, I think KW signs Frank.. Then, we have a ton more money to work with to sign a high-priced FA (i.e. Giles). This would allow us to get a player who can play another position (hopefully OF) and still remain insurance for an injury to Thome/Thomas with Anderson/Young backing him up...
Therefore, I not longer feel as if signing Konerko is a must, as long as the Sox can get another power hitter.

I agree. I say let PK walk. Frank at DH, Thome at 1st, then sign Giles or trade for Pierre.

getonbckthr
11-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Frank Thomas cannot return to the White Sox next year. Why? Simple. It is not fair to the Big Hurt and its not fair to the White Sox. Frank should not have to sit on the bench during the time he should be persuing 500 hrs. As far as the White Sox i'm assuming they will resign Paulie, therefor we have no where for Frank to play. I could see Frank going to Seattle or Anaheim or even Oakland as their DH because its near his home in Vegas.

Nellie_Fox
11-25-2005, 01:35 AM
Last year, when Frank was healthy, there were enough ABs for Konerko, Everett and Frank.No, there weren't. Everett was not happy, and he's not anywhere near the hitter Konerko, Frank or Thome is.
In fact, that's when the Sox increased their lead in the AL Central by nine games (6 to 15). It's no coincidence that the Sox played their best baseball when all three were contributing. But it wasn't all three of them. Carl wasn't getting much playing time at all. There are not enough at-bats to keep Frank, Paulie and Thome happy if they're all healthy.

I'll feel much better about this whole thing if it turns out that Frank has informed the Sox that he's seriously considering hanging it up and we just don't know it. However, I'd be surprised if that's the case.

Jjav829
11-25-2005, 01:44 AM
Last year, when Frank was healthy, there were enough ABs for Konerko, Everett and Frank. In fact, that's when the Sox increased their lead in the AL Central by nine games (6 to 15). It's no coincidence that the Sox played their best baseball when all three were contributing. If Konerko, Thome and Frank are on the roster and healthy in 2006, Ozzie will find a way to get them enough ABs. If Konerko leaves, Thome plays first and Frank comes back as a DH/PH.

There is a huge difference between Konerko, Everett and Frank and Thome, Konerko and Frank. Everett could play the outfield. Ozzie found ways to get all Everett and Frank at-bats because he had the ability to DH Frank and give Everett time in left field and right field. Thome is completely different. He plays 1B and DH. It's impossible to get all three in the lineup.

If Konerko re-signs, he is playing everyday. Period. You can try to reason it however you want to but the Sox are not going to pay Konerko $14 million over 5 years (or whatever it takes) to have him sit on the bench once a week. He will play 150+ games. If Thome is healthy, he's playing every day as well. There will be no place for Frank unless he is content with starting maybe 20 games during the year and being a pinch hitter in the rest. I think it's safe to say that Frank is not content with becoming a bench player.

Jerome
11-25-2005, 02:13 AM
:fobbgod:

"Hello, operator, can I have the number of Frank Thomas' Agent please?"

Haha can you imagine what would happen around here if that happend?
Seriously though, what teams have good DHs that are better than Big Frank? He would be a great addition to pretty much any AL team besides Boston and maybe the Yanks.

Nellie_Fox
11-25-2005, 02:25 AM
Jjav nailed it better than I did. Frank, Paulie and Thome are all firstbaseman/DH types. Carl was an OF/DH, and even with that Carl wasn't getting enough AB's to keep him happy.

Frater Perdurabo
11-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Nellie and Jjav,

With all due respect, if Konerko returns, there are ways to keep Frank happy while getting Thome and PK their at-bats.

Konerko can play, say, 130 games at first base, sitting out only those games started by opposing pitchers against whom he has struggled (Assuming 4.5 plate appearances per game, that's about 585 PAs). Thome plays the remaining 32 at first, plus 100 games at DH (594 total PAs). Frank starts at DH for 62 games, and is the first pinch hitter off the bench. Frank will get about 300 PAs that way, which at his rate of hitting homers when he played in 2005, should equate to about 20 homers. If he plays three seasons (which he previously has said he'd like to do) and gets 300 PAs each year, he will reach 500 career homers.

If Frank, Konerko and Thome continue being the genuine good guys that they have been, and if Ozzie is as good of a manager as he has proven to be, this will not be a problem for any of them. Moreover, the Sox will be protected in case of injury to any one of the three.

To cite Everett's alleged unhappiness in June 2005 as evidence that this arrangement would not work is to equate Thomas with Everett. Everett has been a discontented sourpuss for years. OTOH, Frank has had years of experience dealing with anything Ozzie throws his way, knowing that Ozzie knows what's best for the team. And what's best for the Sox is what's best for Frank, since his best chance to get World Series at-bats is with the defending World Series champs. Frank is mature enough to know that his legacy is best served if he retires with 500 homers, having spent his entire career in a White Sox uniform.

Canadian_SoxFan
11-25-2005, 11:27 AM
If Frank Thomas is to go to another team it would be very sad, but the White Sox should promise him a spot in the organization upon his retirement. I don't want him leaving with any resentment towards the World Champions. I'm thinking third base coach, anybody would be better than Joey Cora. That way they can retire #35 then bring it back out for Thomas just like #3 for Harold Baines.With all due respect, I believe Cora did a fine job there this year. He was very agressive, which led to some runs we may normally wouldn't have had. Did he cost us some? Yes, Ozzie likes his agressiveness and remember Ozzie was a 3rd base coach for Flordia.

Jjav829
11-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Nellie and Jjav,

With all due respect, if Konerko returns, there are ways to keep Frank happy while getting Thome and PK their at-bats.

Konerko can play, say, 130 games at first base, sitting out only those games started by opposing pitchers against whom he has struggled (Assuming 4.5 plate appearances per game, that's about 585 PAs). Thome plays the remaining 32 at first, plus 100 games at DH (594 total PAs). Frank starts at DH for 62 games, and is the first pinch hitter off the bench. Frank will get about 300 PAs that way, which at his rate of hitting homers when he played in 2005, should equate to about 20 homers. If he plays three seasons (which he previously has said he'd like to do) and gets 300 PAs each year, he will reach 500 career homers.

If Frank, Konerko and Thome continue being the genuine good guys that they have been, and if Ozzie is as good of a manager as he has proven to be, this will not be a problem for any of them. Moreover, the Sox will be protected in case of injury to any one of the three.

Nice thought. It's not happening though. Like I said, if Konerko is back here he is playing 150+ games. That's it. It's not even debatable. You don't sign a guy to a huge deal like the one Konerko will get and then sit him once a week. And if Ozzie is serious about naming Konerko captain, you can guarantee that Konerko will play 150+ games if he is healthy. Thome was brought here to be an everyday player and give the Sox a much needed left-handed middle of the order bat. He's not here to be a platoon player. As long as Thome stays healthy, he'll play his usual 145+ games. That's just how it's going to work.

CallMeNuts
11-25-2005, 01:21 PM
The thread title is:

"Not ready to give up on The Big Hurt (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62646)"

Unfortunately, it's KW's job to be ready. While it is everybody's wish that Frank come back from injury and end his career with three solid seasons as the Sox DH, KW really cannot count on it. If Kenny doesn't keep the Sox ready, he isn't doing his job. And there are a lot of times that doing the right thing hurts.