PDA

View Full Version : Sox Still Interested in Ichiro Suzuki?

Madvora
11-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Mark Shenowski on Comcast (I didn't even know he was on Comcast) was covering the Thome/Rowand trade and said that the Sox are going after Ichiro Suzuki.

Now, is this guy just 2 weeks late on the info that we covered here at WSI already? Or has some new information come out about this?
I'm assuming that he's really late, but who knows.

EDIT - by the way the title is meant to say Sox instead of "So"

JermaineDye05
11-23-2005, 07:48 PM
no he's just really delusional, CSN has a lot of morons working for them god member that cleveland game garland vs. elarton, ugh that was brutal

SoxSpeed22
11-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Has Icihro ever played center field before?

antitwins13
11-23-2005, 07:54 PM
I would love to see Ichiro come to the Sox. If he does come they would have to move Pods to center, Dye to left and keep Ichiro in right to take advantage of the strongest arm in the AL. Anybody who would try to move Ichiro to center knows nothing about baseball. The best arm always goes in right.

Madvora
11-23-2005, 08:05 PM
I think this is the reason that I make WSI my main news source. Time after time these networks are repeating stuff on a delay that I already heard on this site. If nothing is new here, then this is one of the longest rumor delays that I have ever seen.

As for Suzuki, of course he would be great on this team. No question about it and no need to discuss it further as it has already been covered plenty.
I'll keep my eyes on WSI and once anything new heats up, then my ears will perk up.

Soxfanspcu11
11-23-2005, 08:09 PM
I think this is the reason that I make WSI my main news source.

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more! There are more baseball educated minds on this site then are baseball "reporters", "beatwriters" and "experts" in this country COMBINED!

That being said, of course Ichiro would look good in a Sox uniform. But the price has to be right! This is one of the positives in having a guy like KW as your manager, you know he will make the right call.

dickallen15
11-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Actually it was reported somewhere that the White Sox did inquire about Ichiro, but were told he is unavailable.

getonbckthr
11-23-2005, 08:29 PM
To get Ichiro I would imagine it would have to be a package like: BMac, Anderson, sweeney and like Ragowski. Which in my opinion would be a little to much to give up.

Optipessimism
11-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Actually if PK doesn't resign Dye could slide to 1B with Ichiro moving to RF and Anderson going to CF, but then we lose a lot of power. If Konerko does resign, then that would mean Dye would be gone IMO. I don't see the Sox downgrading defense in CF in any way. Then again, I also don't see us getting Ichiro. If we did it would be awesome though.

oeo
11-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Actually if PK doesn't resign Dye could slide to 1B with Ichiro moving to RF and Anderson going to CF, but then we lose a lot of power. If Konerko does resign, then that would mean Dye would be gone IMO. I don't see the Sox downgrading defense in CF in any way. Then again, I also don't see us getting Ichiro. If we did it would be awesome though.

First of all, he would be "re-signing", not "resigning"...they're two totally different things. Second of all, Dye is not moving to first base. If we lose Konerko, Thome is are man...won't these "Dye moving to first base" discussions ever end?

MadetoOrta
11-23-2005, 09:25 PM
How 'bout this line-up

1. Pods CF
2. Ichiro RF
3. Thome DH
4. Paulie 1B
5. Dye RF
6. Iguchi 2B
7. Piezynski C
8. Crede 3B
9. Uribe SS

Anderson as 4th outfielder and Mueller as utility infielder? Does that work for you? It works for me.

MadetoOrta
11-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Dye in left field.

Jjav829
11-23-2005, 09:33 PM
From today's Trib:

Also, sources said the White Sox inquired about the availability of outfielder Ichiro Suzuki, who has said he is unhappy in Seattle.

However, the Mariners have decided they cannot trade their most visible player.

Not surprising. Trading Ichiro would be a PR nightmare for the Mariners.

ilsox7
11-23-2005, 09:40 PM
First of all, he would be "re-signing", not "resigning"...they're two totally different things. Second of all, Dye is not moving to first base. If we lose Konerko, Thome is are man...won't these "Dye moving to first base" discussions ever end?

I mean this in a light-hearted manner, but if you're going to rip on someone for improper word usage, I would make sure you use proper wording in your post. :smile:

CanBuehrleWait
11-23-2005, 09:48 PM
I mean this in a light-hearted manner, but if you're going to rip on someone for improper word usage, I would make sure you use proper wording in your post. :smile:

Light-hearted as well but OEO:
http://www.japan-touch.com/images/you%20got%20served..jpg

TheVulture
11-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Anybody who would try to move Ichiro to center knows nothing about baseball. The best arm always goes in right.

Then I guess Alvin Dark and Joe McCarthy didn't know anything about baseball.

chisoxmike
11-23-2005, 11:14 PM
How 'bout this line-up

1. Pods CF
2. Ichiro RF
3. Thome DH
4. Paulie 1B
5. Dye RF
6. Iguchi 2B
7. Piezynski C
8. Crede 3B
9. Uribe SS

That brought tears to my eyes. But it ain't happening.

MadetoOrta
11-23-2005, 11:49 PM

I know .... but it felt good. Oh well, I'll just go back to dreaming that someday in my lifetime the Sox will win the World Series .................................................. ......... HOLY S%&# WE WON! That bird's gonna taste good tomorrow with my White Sox family!

antitwins13
11-24-2005, 02:27 AM
Then I guess Alvin Dark and Joe McCarthy didn't know anything about baseball.

I guess not. (no teal)

PushnThaEscalade
11-24-2005, 08:01 AM
As far as trading for him i would give up Borchard, Sweeney and Tracey to the M's for Ichiro with the M's taking on 5M a year. Once here i would Move Dye to LF, and Ichiro stays at RF with Pods taking CF

Podsednik CF
Ichiro RF
Dye LF
Konerko 1B
Thome DH
Iguchi 2B
Pierzynski C
Crede 3B
Uribe SS

Mohoney
11-24-2005, 10:11 AM
As far as trading for him i would give up Borchard, Sweeney and Tracey to the M's for Ichiro with the M's taking on 5M a year.

You would also get Bavasi fired, because that is a ludicrous offer for him to accept.

Optipessimism
11-24-2005, 10:13 AM

What's the topic of ths thread? Ichiro, right? How would you expect to keep Dye in RF over Ichiro? Either way it's not happening, but please re-read and perhaps even re-consider your re-sponse because it just might come out as something re-tarded. I'm no English major by the way.

doublem23
11-24-2005, 10:17 AM
I would love to see Ichiro come to the Sox. If he does come they would have to move Pods to center, Dye to left and keep Ichiro in right to take advantage of the strongest arm in the AL. Anybody who would try to move Ichiro to center knows nothing about baseball. The best arm always goes in right.

You're telling people they don't know anything about baseball and then sticking Scott Podsednik in center field?

Yuck.

The Deacon
11-24-2005, 10:20 AM
From today's Trib:

Agreed. No way Seattle trades Ichiro. All of the foreign advertising, foreign TV revenue, and PR he gets essentially pays for his salary.

Optipessimism
11-24-2005, 10:20 AM
I would guess Seattle will be asking the moon for Ichiro if he ever does become available, but I doubt he would unless Seattle gets something they just can't pass up. The Mariners are trying to avoid the rebuilding process as long as they can from what I can gather, especially after just trading for Torrealba a few months ago. Now he will be gone and Jojhima will be the starter. It kind of makes me wonder if they will even hang on to Reed and Betancourt.

The Deacon
11-24-2005, 10:23 AM

It would be sweet, but not a chance it's happening. Maybe I'll try to draft it as my fantasy team.... :D:

sircaffey1
11-24-2005, 12:40 PM

First of all, it's Thome would be "our" man, not "are"...they're two totally different things.

sircaffey1
11-24-2005, 12:42 PM
As far as trading for him i would give up Borchard, Sweeney and Tracey to the M's for Ichiro with the M's taking on 5M a year. Once here i would Move Dye to LF, and Ichiro stays at RF with Pods taking CF

Podsednik CF
Ichiro RF
Dye LF
Konerko 1B
Thome DH
Iguchi 2B
Pierzynski C
Crede 3B
Uribe SS

Any deal for Ichiro would involve Chris Young and most likely Garland. If the M's were to trade Ichiro, I doubt they could justify it by dumping him without getting quality major league talent. That package you proposed wouldn't even get your foot in the door.

The Dude
11-24-2005, 01:05 PM

Yeah, pods at center field is a great idea! That stong arm of his will do wonders for us!! We should promote you to WSI baseball expert!

SOXSINCE'70
11-24-2005, 01:30 PM
From today's Trib:

Agreed.I'd love to have him on the team,but I don't see this happening.

Dan Mega
11-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Light-hearted as well but OEO:
http://www.japan-touch.com/images/you%20got%20served..jpg

LOL!! :tongue:

Taliesinrk
11-24-2005, 02:48 PM

Ahh.. yes.. follower of the sig.. I like it.. Fortunately, however, this won't happen no PK = signing Big Hurt. Dye won't touch that bag unless both of our first basemen break their legs and Gload runs away.

antitwins13
11-24-2005, 06:18 PM
You're telling people they don't know anything about baseball and then sticking Scott Podsednik in center field?

Yuck.

Where else would Pods play? Not left because that's where Dye would have to play. Ichiro is a right fielder hands down, that's where he plays and no where else. Talking about this is pointless though because he's never going to come here.

Chips
11-24-2005, 09:33 PM

Are you kidding me? Pods has a weak arm, there is no way he could play center for us.

Maybe you don't know anything about baseball.

Domeshot17
11-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Pods played Center for The Brewers, and you could deal with his arm in center with the arms OF Ichiro and Dye.

Pods is the prodotypical cf anyway, Very fast, a lot of range, high average, no power, and no arm.