PDA

View Full Version : division question

chaerulez
11-23-2005, 06:47 PM
With the talk of a possible realignment if the Marlins move to the west coast, why is it that MLB has a 4 and 6 team division?

Jjav829
11-23-2005, 06:51 PM
With the talk of a possible realignment if the Marlins move to the west coast, why is it that MLB has a 4 and 6 team division?

Because it would be impossible to have six 5-team divisions. For that to happen there would have to be 15 teams in each league, meaning there would always have to be one interleague series being played.

BRDSR
11-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Because it would be impossible to have six 5-team divisions. For that to happen there would have to be 15 teams in each league, meaning there would always have to be one interleague series being played.

That actually doesn't sound so bad to me. They could market it as the featured interleague series, all the time. I mean, teams in the NL Central are really getting the shaft when teams in the AL West only have to beat 3 to see the postseason.

Ol' No. 2
11-23-2005, 09:39 PM
That actually doesn't sound so bad to me. They could market it as the featured interleague series, all the time. I mean, teams in the NL Central are really getting the shaft when teams in the AL West only have to beat 3 to see the postseason.The objection that's always been raised is that it would be difficult to schedule. Gee, if only we had some kind of high-speed computing device that could work out these kind of complex problems.

ilsox7
11-23-2005, 09:41 PM
I say they keep the 16/14 proportion and do away with interleague play.

PKalltheway
11-23-2005, 10:40 PM

Wow, I never knew that!:redneck