PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Hernandez

getonbckthr
11-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Do you guys think Kenny could pull off an El Duque for Ryan Freel deal. That increase our speed, give us a number 2 hitter, and he reminds me of Chone Figgins only better.

SoxFan76
11-23-2005, 06:30 PM
What's the score?

Jjav829
11-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Do you guys think Kenny could pull off an El Duque for Ryan Freel deal. That increase our speed, give us a number 2 hitter, and he reminds me of Chone Figgins only better.

Not a chance.

gowhitesox
11-23-2005, 06:33 PM

I don't think we could get Ryan Freel for El Duque mainly because of El Dugue's age.

Actually I would like to the Sox keep El Duque if they could, as he showed in the post season that he can still pitch.

Chisox003
11-23-2005, 06:35 PM
:roflmao:

Please.....

:bong:

antitwins13
11-23-2005, 07:58 PM
No chance in hell.:chunks

veeter
11-23-2005, 08:01 PM
I don't know, the Reds suck bad. And because of, either their extreme need for pitching or plain incompetance, I could see this. But I want El Duke.

mjmcend
11-23-2005, 08:08 PM

Right after he turns water into wine, and then as an encore he will raise the dead.

BRDSR
11-23-2005, 08:09 PM
I don't know, the Reds suck bad. And because of, either their extreme need for pitching or plain incompetance, I could see this. But I want El Duke.

No chance. I've seen the Reds this past season. Their lineup is gonna give people fits down the line. They do need to solve some pitching problems, but thats not done with an expensive 40yearold who didn't pitch well down the stretch. Love Ryan Freel though.

getonbckthr
11-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Smart ass comments not needed. Simple question only needed simple answer. The reason I ask is because they don't really have a spot for him. They have Olmedo at 2B, Lopez at SS, and Encarnacion at 3B. That is most likely their future infield. As far as the OF they have Dunn in LF, Griffey in CF and Kearns in RF. Not to mention Wily Mo most likely eventually replacing Griffey when the time comes. Freel is also 29 years old and basically in a spot where the time is now to play everyday and I don't see that oppertunity in Cincinnati. As far as El Duque goes I think, if the Sox would be willing to pick up some of his salary, would be a good guy for the reds to have for a year until they get a minor leaguer up and ready for the majors.

Ol' No. 2
11-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Smart ass comments not needed. Simple question only needed simple answer. The reason I ask is because they don't really have a spot for him. They have Olmedo at 2B, Lopez at SS, and Encarnacion at 3B. That is most likely their future infield. As far as the OF they have Dunn in LF, Griffey in CF and Kearns in RF. Not to mention Wily Mo most likely eventually replacing Griffey when the time comes. Freel is also 29 years old and basically in a spot where the time is now to play everyday and I don't see that oppertunity in Cincinnati. As far as El Duque goes I think, if the Sox would be willing to pick up some of his salary, would be a good guy for the reds to have for a year until they get a minor leaguer up and ready for the majors.Even if they were to trade Freel, I'm pretty sure they could do a hell of a lot better than Orlando Hernandez.

Tragg
11-23-2005, 11:43 PM
Smart ass comments not needed. Simple question only needed simple answer. .
Don't take it personally.
Freel can play multiple positions and has some speed. And in contrast to a lot of speed guys, he also walks a bit; and for players with no power, walks are really important.
Seems he's in a utility role in Cincy. He'd be a good player to get. We need to improve our bench from Timo/Harris.