PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rowand Appreciation Thread

AaronRowandFan33
11-23-2005, 06:12 PM
fitting enough that I would I would start this thread...

I just wanted to say that Aaron was been my favorite player on the White Sox the past 2 seasons, and I wish him the best in Philedelphia.

Aaron, you will be missed on the Southside for your Grinder Ball mentality, your ability to run down any ball hit in the same area code as center field, your intensity on the field, your smiling good natured team first attidude in the dugout, your ability to knock in runs in key situations, and your excitement and dedication to the organization. I'm sure Philly fans will see you a week early in spring training like we did last March. You are a man who has been running through walls for this team for the past 3 years, you are appreciated, and you will be greatly missed!

I really hope the Soldier Field crowd give Aaron a standing ovation on Dec 4th, when he is scheduled to be an honorary captain as the Bears play the Packers, as a sign of how much he has meant to a team that changed the face of an entire city of sports fans.

Please send some love Aaron's way, as I'm sure leaving this town won't be the easiest thing he's ever done. Who knows, maybe he'll even end up reading it.

ShoelessJoeS
11-23-2005, 06:14 PM
Here's to Crash, the real 2005 CF Gold Glove winner!!!! Thanks for the memories Aaron!!!

:cheers:

It's Time
11-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Good luck, Aaron. I would not have made the deal but what's done is done.

MarySwiss
11-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Good luck, Aaron. I would not have made the deal but what's done is done.

FWIW Aaron, neither would I. All the best to you, and thank you so much.

RallyBowl
11-23-2005, 06:22 PM
His game winner in Petco was one of the top highlights of the season. And who will forget Aaron on Broadway? We will miss you Crash. I hope you are an All Star for many years to come. Thanks for the memories, and we will try to get you a Super Bowl Ring to go with your World Series Ring.

CaptainBallz
11-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks for everything, AROW! You were a huge and memorable part of a huge and memorable season for us Sox fans and we ALL appreciate it. Best of luck in Philly.:cheers:

LongLiveFisk
11-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Thank you, Aaron....you helped make a longtime dream of mine come true: a White Sox World Championship. And nothing can ever take that accomplishment away. :gulp:

All the best to you and I wish you could stay.

HITMEN OF 77
11-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks A Row. I wish you all the best in the future and hope someday you come back to play on the South Side. You will be missed as a great player and great person.

doublem23
11-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Thank you, Aaron Rowand, for always going out there and playing hard. In a day when sports stars are whiny babies who think that they owe nothing to any fan or the game, you came out and gave it your all every time I saw you play. In a perfect world, you'd be in Chicago the rest of your career, winning World Series after World Series, but it's a business. Good luck in Philadelphia. You'll be missed, but you'll always hold a special place in White Sox history, our starting center fielder on our 1st champ in 88 years.

flo-B-flo
11-23-2005, 06:36 PM
I'll never forget your role in the championship. Great luck next season. We are gonna miss your antics. That look you had on your face when Podsednick was just getting to home after his walkoff is forever burned in my memory. Big love troop, and THANKS:whiner:

Taliesinrk
11-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Thank you, Aaron Rowand, for always going out there and playing hard. In a day when sports stars are whiny babies who think that they owe nothing to any fan or the game, you came out and gave it your all every time I saw you play. In a perfect world, you'd be in Chicago the rest of your career, winning World Series after World Series, but it's a business. Good luck in Philadelphia. You'll be missed, but you'll always hold a special place in White Sox history, our starting center fielder on our 1st champ in 88 years.

Couldn't have put it better Crash.. Thanks for making every Sox ticket I bought worth the money I paid for it. Thanks for never leaving me in my seat, at home or at the game, wondering "could he have gotten there?" or "did he really go all out?". The way you play the game is why baseball is beautiful. It's too bad you're the last of a dying breed. Here's to you and your all-star appearances and gold-gloves to come. :gulp:
Most of all.. thanks for bringing home the Championship.. I never thought I'd see the day..

Mots09
11-23-2005, 06:38 PM
This is to Aro :gulp:

the guy that was kind enough to drink some beers w/ us at Soxfest and tell us how much he appreciated the Sox fans that stuck w/ him through good and bad.

You are the man ARo

MERPER
11-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Aaron was high on my list of favorite players... He was clearly a guy who was limited by pure baseball talent, but made up for it with hard work...

He was the center of the grinderball rules approach and would always run things grounders out... or full speed into walls for that matter

He will be missed, but never forgotten... no one on the 2005 white sox will ever be forgotten!

Best of luck in Philadelphia, unless we meet in the fall classic!

Vernam
11-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, and I hope Aaron sees it at some point, because he'll be in the hearts of Sox fans forever. I was unhappy when speculation was that they'd trade him at mid-season for Ken Griffey, which shows how much I think of Rowand. Tough as he'll be to replace in CF, I'm more worried about losing him in the clubhouse. It's obvious what a stand-up guy he is, and I think he deserves some credit for how Joe Crede eventually settled in -- those guys are obviously tight, and it's also obvious that Rowand's reckless, carefree attitude at some point started to rub off on Crede.

So thanks, Aaron, for the amazing catches and clutch hits. I was in the LF bleachers when he robbed Sexson with the bases loaded in the 8th inning to preserve a win against Seattle. Looking into the sun, I was sure that ball had gone over the fence and will never forget the sight of Rowand picking himself up off the warning track, ball in hand.

I'll also never forget his comments this week about how much being with the Sox has meant to him -- something we haven't heard often over the years from other players. The franchise has really turned a corner thanks to the 2005 team. I hope he puts up big numbers next year for the 2006 NL champ Phillies.

Vernam

Jjav829
11-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks Aaron. We'll never forget your contributions to the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox. Enjoy Philadelphia and don't let their dumbass fans get to you.

To Aaron... :gulp:

rowand33
11-23-2005, 06:50 PM
we'll miss ya rowand.

(what am I gonna do with my screen name now?)

JermaineDye05
11-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Good luck to Aaron, had to have been my favorite player the past 2 seasons but now he's gone hope he can do well in philly and stick it to the cubs any chance he gets, and perhaps next season he'll see former mate Carlos Lee in the outfield at the allstar game, thank god I got tickets to sox fest last season and was fortunate enough to run into A-Row there and get him to sign my bat, I don't care what anyone says about his bad baserunning, he may have lost us some runs with his baserunning but he sure as hell saved us a ****load of runs with that gold glove defense in center, hopefully his face will be on the left field wall sometime in the future, cause he sure as hell deserves it.

SoxSpeed22
11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
He was my favorite player since 2004 and a poster boy of what grinderball was supposed to be. He would do anything to win and that's the mentality of this team. And it started with him and Ozzie.
Best of luck wherever you end up, Crash Man. :cheers:
:worship::worship::rowand

Frankly Missing
11-23-2005, 06:55 PM
You can't replace a guy like Rowand. It's rare to find a player who feels an obligation to his team and fans. Few and far between as they say.

You just accept it and move on.

Ironic we trade him for a player who dissed his team for more $$.

Canadian_SoxFan
11-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Aaron was a huge part of his team. I thought he could rebound from his off-year offensively and become an all-star. I still believe that, just now in a different league. Thanks Aaron for how you played the game, and your true love for this team. Good luck next year, and heres to you winning the gold glove, and becoming the all-star I knew you could be in Chicago.:gulp:

mdep524
11-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Aaron, we're going to miss you, guy. You personified the '05 Sox: a gritty, blue collar grinder making the best of what you have. Your defense was a sight to behold, and you came through a number of times in the clutch throughout the season (who could forget the game-tying single vs. the Dodgers with 2 outs in the 9th?).

Thanks for all the hustle, thanks for being a great Sox, thanks for Jim Thome, and best of luck in Philly.

DickAllen72
11-23-2005, 07:05 PM
Aaron is the epitome of a "grinder". He was the poster boy of the Sox' "Grinder Rules" campaign.

Thanks for giving the Sox your all, Aaron. You leave us as a World Champion, and you will be remembered as such.

Soxmissy
11-23-2005, 07:06 PM
Aaron, this is truly a sad day for me and a lot of other Sox Fans who have
enjoyed watching you play. I personally wish this trade would not have been
made but what's done is done! Good Luck to You! Maybe someday You can
return to the Southside and thrill us all again with your great defense! You
have been a joy to watch!:(:

MarySwiss
11-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Couldn't have put it better Crash.. Thanks for making every Sox ticket I bought worth the money I paid for it. Thanks for never leaving me in my seat, at home or at the game, wondering "could he have gotten there?" or "did he really go all out?". The way you play the game is why baseball is beautiful. It's too bad you're the last of a dying breed. Here's to you and your all-star appearances and gold-gloves to come. :gulp:
Most of all.. thanks for bringing home the Championship.. I never thought I'd see the day..

Well said! :whiner:

TomParrish79
11-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Gonna miss Aaron Rowand's guts and no fear style in the outfield

Thanks for the memories Aaron and good luck in Philly

mrs. hendu
11-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks A. Row. You were appreciated and will be missed. :(:

To you: :gulp:

TheDarkGundam
11-23-2005, 07:40 PM
I posted this in the original trade thread, but I think i'll repost it here since it's more appropriate...
Take it Billie Joe!

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So, make the best of this test and don't ask why
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time
It's something unpredictable but, in the end, is right
I hope you had the time of your life

So, take the photographs and still-frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth, it was worth all the while
It's something unpredictable but, in the end, is right
I hope you had the time of your life

I'm gonna miss you man!

JohnBasedowYoda
11-23-2005, 07:42 PM
He's a class act and I hope he doesn't become a eagles fan:o:

Palehose13
11-23-2005, 07:47 PM
I honestly shed a few tears when I read it and I have never gotten emotional about a player leaving before.

Aaron-
Thank you. You left everything on the field after every game and that is what made you my favorite player on the White Sox these past few years. Thank you for hanging in there when the Sox kept bringing in a CFer and for your dedication to rehab after your dirtbike accident. You will never be forgotten by this Sox fan, and I will continue to wear your jersey with pride. Good luck in Philadelphia. From what I have heard about that city, your work ethic and dedication will be appreciated by their fans. I will now watch Phillies games in the absence of a Sox game. You still have fans in this city.

Palehose13
11-23-2005, 07:48 PM
He's a class act and I hope he doesn't become a eagles fan:o:

Doubtful. He was a Bears fan as a kid.

antitwins13
11-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks for living, playing, having a near death experience, coming back to life, and helping us win the World Series.

y2j2785
11-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the memories Aaron. You'll be missed here.

:whiner: :rowand:whiner:

robiwho
11-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Best of luck Aaron. You'll always have a fan base on the South Side.

John Barrett
11-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Sorry 'bout the business thing Aaron....should'nt happen to good guys like you. may all the rest of your dream come true...and the way things go maybe you will come back some day .... take care dude! and Thanks

row18
11-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks Aaron for helping the Sox win the World Series. You were fun to watch, and your approach to the game was second to none, good luck.

nccwsfan
11-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Aaron,
Thank you for your contribution to the team and for the wonderful memories you've given us as White Sox fans. Years from now we'll be talking with wide eyes about some of the great defensive plays you've made in CF. I'll always remember your reaction to Pods' HR in Game 2 of the World Series- you've appreciated the game, the city, and the White Sox fans. You will be missed, but take comfort that no matter where you go you'll end up being a fan favorite. This is Philadelphia's gain...

Good luck.

MyLifePeakedAt21
11-23-2005, 08:27 PM
A hard-nosed class act.

Cheers buddy. We'll be seein' you.

mjmcend
11-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks A-Row, I have enjoyed your time here on my beloved White Sox and I hope you did as well. You will always have the ring and I will always have the memories. Thanks and good luck in Philly.

Fuller_Schettman
11-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Aaron, it's not you, it's me...

getonbckthr
11-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Look at it this way Crash you were dealt for a future hall of famer and one of the best left handed power hitters in the history of the game. That alone speaks a ton about you.

Optipessimism
11-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Aaron, it's not you, it's me...

LMAO.

Banix12
11-23-2005, 08:52 PM
We've covered his on field play and attitude but I just want to say that quite possibly no player represented this team better than Aaron Rowand did during his tenure. It was a rocky tenure with a lot of ups and downs on the field but you always seemed to stay positive. Just about every single time I hear on the news about the White Sox helping out with charities I would turn around and you would be on the news talking about helping somebody.

You are a class act, never change. I hope when your career ends a decade or so from now we get to see you at Soxfest 2016. In between your stints as Chicago Bears radio analyst of course.

shoelessjoe90
11-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Good Luck in Philly Aaron!

kevin57
11-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Aaron, you're listed as my favorite player, and for good reasons. :hug:

There are others on the White Sox and in MLB with higher batting averages and more native skills, but you gave it 110% all the time.

More than effort, you gave us and your teammates your heart. It is not too hard to justify the trade for you based on stats, but what you did for the chemistry of the 2005 World Champs cannot be described or appreciated too much. I don't know you personally, but you seem to be a primo type of person. That is all too lacking in sports in general these days.

Best of luck in Philly. I lived in that area for four years. Nothin' like Chicago.

:hug:

gobears1987
11-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the memories ARow. I'm glad he got his ring here. Good luck and go Bears

MadetoOrta
11-23-2005, 09:10 PM
A-Ro :whiner: ,,,,, ok I've gathered my senses .... love ya brother and good luck in Philly. The look on your face when Pods went deep is an all-time chicago sports classic. You will always be part of chicago sports history. Best of luck in Philly.

gobears1987
11-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks for living, playing, having a near death experience, coming back to life, and helping us win the World Series.Don't remind me of that commercial. "ROWAND!!! YOU'RE MINE!!!!"

Ol' No. 2
11-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Aaron is a player that it's impossible not to like. Even his detractors have to admit he plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. That attitude is infectious, and I'm sure it's a big part of the team's success. But nothing is forever, and trades are a part of baseball.

Best of luck, Aaron. Thanks for everything.

Banix12
11-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Don't remind me of that commercial. "ROWAND!!! YOU'RE MINE!!!!"

Even though that does recall that commercial, I'm pretty sure he was talking about his offroad accident a couple of years ago that did nearly kill him.

Viva Medias B's
11-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks, Aaron! Go Bears!

DaveIsHere
11-23-2005, 09:26 PM
I screamed and moaned for Aaron to get a chance even back when we traded for Lofton, all I have to say is thank you for the memories and he will still be my favorite played in MLB

Aaron thanks for signing my jersey in Cleveland...it meant a lot!!

DieTrying79
11-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Aaron, your work ethic made you the posterboy for our team during it's greatest season ever. You embodied what this team is about, and that says alot. I always enjoyed watching you play, and will feel a sense of pride when I see you hauling in highlight reel catches in Philly.

Thank you for your hard work and spectacular outfield play...you will certainly be missed, my friend!

Here's to #33!:gulp:

buehrle4cy05
11-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Aaron Rowand was a very good player. You could always count on him to play great defense in center. While he had his struggles at the plate, he has the ability to hit .300 with that great swing of his.

Best of luck, 33. We loved having you here. Now go out there and have a great career.

MeteorsSox4367
11-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Aaron: Thanks for your efforts on the South Side. You fit in because you played with a great love of the game and an affinity for running into outfield fences. It also helped that you're a huge Bears fan.

Shorten your swing, lay off the breaking stuff down and away and I hope you kick the Cubs' ass next season with the Phils.

Thanks, Aaron.

bafiarocks03
11-23-2005, 10:20 PM
I LOVE YOU A-ROW! you know what else is sad..poor aaron has to leave the bears! :(

alohafri
11-23-2005, 10:31 PM
My father called me yesterday afternoon from the Mirage in Vegas to ask me where Aaron lived. I told him that he lives out there. He said, "Damn, I knew it was him when I saw him in the Bears hat! I should have said something."

Today, I had to call him back to tell him that he may have been the last White Sox fan to see him as a member of the World Champs. He was bummed. We agreed that Rowand and Crede were our two favorite players on last year's team.

Aaron played the game the way it was meant to be played and I believed him when he said that he wanted to finish his career in Chicago. Who knows, maybe he still will.

NeverForget42
11-23-2005, 10:38 PM
i'm gunna definatley miss aaron

the original grinder

you can bet i'll be tuning in to watch him continue his cubbie-killings

awesomefan
11-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Aaron....I use your picture on this message board & 1 other one.

This should let you know that I'm one of your biggest fans.:cool:

Everytime you came to bat I said "A-Row My Hero"

Thanks for all the awesome plays in centerfield & helping the White Sox win their first World Series title in 88 years. I love your batting stance too.

It was the greatest watching you play & I'll try to catch you on TV with the Phillys whenever they play the Cubs or Cardinals.

I'll miss you so much:whiner:....I LOVE AARON ROWAND:redface:

FedEx227
11-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Thank you Aaron Rowand, good luck in Philly hopefully they don't boo ya too bad :rolleyes:. I'll still remember buying your jersey two years ago, I had a choice of Carlos Lee, Maggs, Thomas, Konerko, and Rowand. I went with Rowand because of the type of guy I am, I'm not about flash or dominance or anything, I'm about being a grinder, getting it done day in and day out, while you might not make the SportsCenter highlights (even though you should), you, your teamates, and your fans know that you are truly a great baseball player. You'll be missed, good luck.

jerry myers
11-23-2005, 10:51 PM
i hate to see you go! hope to see you in the world series.

Damer
11-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Aaron-

You had me at hello. You were my favorite player on this Sox team, because you constantly reminded fans that it was the Sox "team" that mattered.

I'll be honest: it won't be the same without you. At least in my mind it won't. But here's to a great career that I know you'll have, and maybe you can come back to the South Side some day.

spongyfungy
11-23-2005, 11:15 PM
What an emotional interview Jesse Rogers is conducting right now with Aaron. :whiner::whiner::whiner:

zach074
11-23-2005, 11:15 PM
A trade has never hit me this hard before maybe its because I'm emotionally attached because of the world series win or maybe its because Aaron played the game the right way. Not many other players have grinder ball rules about them. You will be greatly missed Good luck in Philly.

soxjim
11-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Good luck Aaron. Thanks for playing the game the way it is supposed to be played.

veeter
11-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks for all your hard work. Since the time you came up, you were the type of player Sox fans wanted. You'll forever be a champion. I know we'll all be seeing you again.

Coolpapa
11-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Thank you Aaron, now go forth and be a cub killer.............

TDog
11-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Aaron is all class. Last year he participated in the Sox fantasy camp in Tucson and hung out with the campers, even playing in some games. He confirmed before the trade that he would be returning to to the camp in 2006, even though his life situation has changed -- one less month of off-season, a $300,000 bonus. Guys joked that he would have a great year and blow the camp off, but he insisted, "I'm not that guy."

He drove in the only run on opening day, scored from second -- on an infield single -- the go-ahead run in the game that won the Sox the AL championship and nearly ran through walls to win games. Statistics don't do his game justice.

I will miss Aaron Rowand.

adidas773
11-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Row, no one will ever fill your shoes brother. We all heard the rumors but I truly ignored the speculation trades. You played fundamental baseball the way it should be played and exceeded to a gold glove caliber CF. We all know you got robbed for the award, but we Sox fans know how rightfully you deserved the award. There have been countless times when you came up for us in key situations; clutch hits, taking out the 2B to kill the DP; diving OF plays; crashing into walls and saving a run(s); being the great guy on the field and off the field. I will continue to watch you play and wish you the best of luck in Philly. You will always have a place here in Chicago and maybe one day play for us again.

Thank you for the fond memories, you will be missed...:(:

Fake Chet Lemon
11-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Congratulating you in advance for helping the Phillies into the playoffs by winning the Wild Card and edging the Cubs out of Wild Card spot in the last week of the 2006 season!

I hope the Sox drop the Grinder campaign next year, it will just be a painful reminder of your departure. Thanks for playing the game the right way.

Flight #24
11-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Aaron - thanks for your attitude, your hustle, and the obvious joy with which you played. More than anyone on the team, I thought you epitomized the spirit of this championship Sox team. You will be sorely missed, you'll always be dearly remembered and welcome on the south side, and hopefully this isn't the last time we see you in a Sox uni.

Best of luck - show them National Leaguers what grinder baseball is all about! We'll see you at the All-Star Game in 2006!

Fuller_Schettman
11-24-2005, 12:04 AM
With apologies to John Denver:

Aaron's Song
You run through my fences
Like a night in Lake Forest
Like the Twinkies in springtime
Like Mark in the rain
Like a spring in the desert
Like a creepy blue cubfan
Come drill them again

Come let me trade you
Let me give the Phils to you
Let me drown in your defense
Let me die on third base
Let me lay down a bunt, oooh
Let the Yankees desire you
Come let me trade you
Come play Philly then

Like a night in Park Forest
Like the Red Sox in Prime Time
Like Tigers in pain
Like an Angel in Autumn
Like a sleepy blue cubfan
Come drill them again

ChiSoxGirl
11-24-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm in tears as I write this. I have only ever shed tears over one other Sox player leaving- Robin Ventura (and I was 18 at the time)- so these tears streaming down my face right now speak volumes as to how I'm feeling right now.

I just wanted to share a Rowand moment I had at SoxFest 2004. I was in the Skyline Bar with some friends and the usual players were down there. I got to talking to Rowand and told him how cool I thought it was that he comes down to the bar to hang out & drink with the fans, etc. He responded to that by saying, "it's the least I can do for the fans. You guys come out and support us all season long- rain or shine, cold or hot- so the least I can do is come down and hang out with you guys. You're dedicated, die hard fans and I appreciate that and your enthusiasm so much." With that, we toasted to a great season.

Someone else said it in their tribute post about Rowand and I have similar feelings. I don't know if it's because of the World Series Championship that's still so fresh in all our minds and hearts that this hurts so bad or what, but I'm truly saddened by this whole situation. I guess I'm also thinking of Crede with this trade because he & Rowand are best friends, and I really believe it was Rowand who brought Crede further out of his shell this season and helped mold him into the JOE...CREDE we know now.

Corey McPherrin talked to Rowand from his Vegas home and had a quote from him on the news tonight. It read something like, "I have always thought of Chicago as home. It's so hard to leave my teammates, and I'm so grateful to the Sox fans of Chicago for all of the love & support that was given to me in the 8 years I've spent in this organization. Please tell everyone in Chicago thanks for everything." I cried.

Aaron, thank you SO MUCH for everything you've contributed to not only the team, but to your love and appreciation for fans like us. You recognized the fans and embraced them, and showed your appreciation by going out on the field every day and playing your heart out. Sox fans will never forget the defensive clinic you put on in New York in August, nor will we forget the fact that you were part of "The Three Stooges" who brought Journey's Don't Stop Believin' back to life. I'll always remember your hard work, dedication, and love for the Sox and the game of baseball. The next time I'm in Philadelphia visiting one of my friends, I'll go out to Citizen's Bank Park and give you a standing ovation. Much love to ya, Aaron!

Crede_Fan
11-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Thanks for all you did Aaron! We'll see you in the 2006 World Series!:gulp:

If I wasn't already sad enough about losing Aaron, reading all of the post in this thread really brought tears to me eyes. :whiner:

ChiSoxGirl
11-24-2005, 12:51 AM
If you find yourself feeling rather sentimental about the Rowand trade, take a look at this (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051123&content_id=1272092&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws) article that I ran across on whitesox.com. It's really a great read and tugs at the emotions. I especially like the picture on the side- it epitomizes Rowand's personality, and sadly, it's his last picture as a Sox player. :whiner: But really... what a way to go out! We'll miss you, Aaron!

SoxFan78
11-24-2005, 01:01 AM
Aaron,

Out of all the guys on the Sox squad, you were the one that represented all of the "grinder" rules. Baseball is a business, but I wish it didnt have to take youi off of the Sox. Maybe some day you can come back and take your spot in CF crashing into walls, hopefully. But play your best in Philly and make us proud. You will always hear cheers when you play against the Cubs in Wrigley.

Thome, you have pretty big shoes to fill.

I'll miss you Aaron. This couldnt of happened to a better guy...

JB98
11-24-2005, 01:17 AM
Aaron did a nice job for us and will always be remembered for his role in bringing us a championship. He has some shortcomings as a player, but his work ethic and positive attitude are second to none. I think Aaron the person will be missed more than Aaron the player. He is well-liked by his teammates and the fans of Chicago, and rightfully so. I wish Aaron well in Philadelphia. His contributions won't be forgotten.

batmanZoSo
11-24-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm in favor of any trade that makes the team better, or in my eyes at least. But I'll miss Aaron. He busted his ass from day one and made himself into a quality center fielder. I wish him good luck.

It's Time
11-24-2005, 01:34 AM
I like the trade even less now after reading that.

SoxFan76
11-24-2005, 01:37 AM
:whiner:

It's just starting to hit me now that Aaron Rowand will be playing in those gaudy Philly uniforms next season......wow.

But surprisingly, I was in worse shape when Olivo was traded. :?:

Jerome
11-24-2005, 01:37 AM
A-Row, I loved you back in early 2004 when a lot of others were bashing you. You had an excellent 2003 before Crazy Carl came to the Sox and your 2004 was phenominal.

Just because I am am a huge supporter of the Thome trade doesn't mean I don't like Rowand. My thread from early 04 praising A-Row (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37304)

LuvSox
11-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Ah geez, why do they put out stories like that? Now I miss him in CF already. :(:

filmnews
11-24-2005, 01:40 AM
He will have a great career. I was more upset when we lost Carlo Lee.:whiner:

ChiSoxGirl
11-24-2005, 01:42 AM

It's just starting to hit me now that Aaron Rowand will be playing in those gaudy Philly uniforms next season......wow.

I was shocked about the trade when I heard about it, and immediately turned on ESPN 1000 to listen to what the hosts and callers had to say about the trade. It REALLY hit me when I watched the sports reports on the news tonight, particularly Corey McPherrin's. He said he talked to Rowand from Las Vegas and the quote he read from Rowand made me cry and I've been sad ever since! :whiner:

"...I've always thought of Chicago as home. It's so hard to leave my teammates, and I'm so grateful to the Sox fans of Chicago for all of the love & support that was given to me in the 8 years I've spent in this organization. Please thank everyone in this town for everything for me." ~Aaron Rowand

WCCMIKE
11-24-2005, 02:10 AM
I was shocked about the trade when I heard about it, and immediately turned on ESPN 1000 to listen to what the hosts and callers had to say about the trade. It REALLY hit me when I watched the sports reports on the news tonight, particularly Corey McPherrin's. He said he talked to Rowand from Las Vegas and the quote he read from Rowand made me cry and I've been sad ever since! :whiner:

"...I've always thought of Chicago as home. It's so hard to leave my teammates, and I'm so grateful to the Sox fans of Chicago for all of the love & support that was given to me in the 8 years I've spent in this organization. Please thank everyone in this town for everything for me." ~Aaron RowandI'm gonna miss Rowand:whiner:

Evman5
11-24-2005, 02:14 AM

Maybe it was because Miguel was crying when Kenny Williams told him he was getting traded. But I agree with you too, I was sadder when Olivo left.

Uncle_Patrick
11-24-2005, 02:22 AM
I knew deep down inside that Aaron was expendable because of all the outfield prospects the Sox have, and I like Thome, but this is tough. This guy played his heart out for the Sox. I always loved that about him. Even when times were really tough for him, especially at the plate, he gave it his all. I hope that Philly works out for Aaron. I hope Thome works out in Chicago. Aaron, I'll miss you in centerfield. My wife will really miss you. Good luck.

ChiSox Fan 68
11-24-2005, 02:34 AM
I'm trying to separate emotion from what is best for the Sox. It is really hard to do right now. I am mourning the loss of a a wonderful part of this team - someone we love and consider a big part of the chemistry that is the 2005 World Champion White Sox. In Kenny We Trust - yes, these are the words that will help me accept this trade, and realize that, perhaps, this is for the best.

Coolpapa
11-24-2005, 02:42 AM
He will have a great career. I was more upset when we lost Carlo Lee.:whiner:
Christ, I was glad when Lee left, Lazy ass. The trade that made me mad was Baines to Texas for a prospect.

eurotrash35
11-24-2005, 02:43 AM
For anybody feeling too bad, I heard he kicks puppies for fun and is mean to his mother. Hope that makes you feel better about the trade. :redface:

Coolpapa
11-24-2005, 02:45 AM
For anybody feeling too bad, I heard he kicks puppies for fun and is mean to his mother. Hope that makes you feel better about the trade. :redface:

He would fit right in with Philly fans.:redface:

eurotrash35
11-24-2005, 02:55 AM
We'd better get out of here before somebody calls the teal police.

antitwins13
11-24-2005, 03:03 AM
I'm happy for Philly fans. Those fans need a hard working blue collar player to rally around after the T.O. soapopera.

TheOldRoman
11-24-2005, 03:42 AM
I want to thank Aaron Rowand for giving it his all. He didn't have the most talent, but he busted his ass. This is a great trade. However, I was a little sad when I first heard the news. Rowand is one of my favorite players. I felt sorry for him because he was on top of the world. He won a world championship. He made some lifelong friends on the team. He was in the city that he loved and wanted to spend the rest of his career in. Also, he was a Bears fan, and he will now miss their improbably run to the Superbowl championship.

However, I remember a quote from Terrell Davis. In an interview, he was asked about people feeling sorry for him. He had all the talent in the world, had won two superbowls, and could have eventually become the greatest runner of all time. Davis said something along the lines of "Why would anybody feel sorry for me? I am doing what I love; what I dreamed of since I was a little kid. I have made millions of dollars, and will be able to provide for my family for the rest of my life. I won two Superbowls. Don't feel sorry for me."
Aaron Rowand is still doing what he loves, what he dreamed of doing since he was a kid. Yes, he is traded from the city and team that he loves, but he will still play baseball. He will play on a very good team, and make millions of dollars to do so. Aaron is a lucky man. I don't feel sorry for him.

Godspeed Aaron Rowand. I will miss you more for your heart than anything else. Good luck in Philly. Hope to see you next October.

RedHeadPaleHoser
11-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Aaron - you set the standard on how center field should be played. You were an integral part of the WS victory. I hope you kick ass and take names in the National League - specifically, the Cubs'. I will be at the Cubs Phillies game wearing a Rowand jersey. Great team player, great guy.

All the best, Aaron. I look forward to seeing your career flourish. Thank you for everything.

John

starboy0
11-24-2005, 09:08 AM
I bought and wore your jersey with pride. You will always be what the World Champion White Sox are about.

wassagstdu
11-24-2005, 09:38 AM
When we think of the 2005 team we will always think of Aaron Rowand as the personification of what made it a winner. I feel very sad as a Sox fan, but now I have a good reason to go see the Phillies, my new favorite NL team. I'll be the one in the Sox hat.

Greg1983
11-24-2005, 09:46 AM
I can't help but feel like this is a mistake, although Kenny and Ozzie should have convinced me to keep my mouth shut last year. It seems like they're trading away speed and defense for a plodding home run hitter, which I thought was the opposite of what we're trying to do.

I'll trust that they know what they're doing, but this is a sad day for me.

Thanks, Aaron, for driving in 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th against the Dodgers, setting up that awesome AJ home run. Thanks for throwing your body all over center field in Yankee Stadium. Thanks for shaking your head and saying "No way" when Pods hit the homer in Game 2.

Thank you for being the ultimate grinder, and one of the best center fielders in the league. I will not forget you.

Greg1983

jdieter
11-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Really hurts to see you go, I was hoping to keep the heart of the team intact. You, Crede, A.J. Konerko. So you get swapped to secure some power in the middle of the lineup, I know it makes baseball sense and I hope the deal works great for you. Thanks for an unbelievable year, and you'll be there in my memories with Rivera, Lemon, Johnston, Cameron.

Steelrod
11-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Aaron is all class. Last year he participated in the Sox fantasy camp in Tucson and hung out with the campers, even playing in some games. He confirmed before the trade that he would be returning to to the camp in 2006, even though his life situation has changed -- one less month of off-season, a $300,000 bonus. Guys joked that he would have a great year and blow the camp off, but he insisted, "I'm not that guy."

He drove in the only run on opening day, scored from second -- on an infield single -- the go-ahead run in the game that won the Sox the AL championship and nearly ran through walls to win games. Statistics don't do his game justice.

I will miss Aaron Rowand.

Was right there with you, Aaron's the best!
Aaron, I wish you nothing but the best. Make sure they add a little extra padding in the walls at Philly, you'll need it. Keep doing what you do. I look forward to you wearing a White Sox uniform once again, even if it's only in camp. and don't forget to bring your megaphone to root on us slow guys!

palehozenychicty
11-24-2005, 11:56 AM
it is very difficult to see rowand go. after the nasty bike accident, i remember feeling down, as if his career could be shot a.k.a. jay williams. but he came back and really came into his own in '04. regressed at the plate this year, but i went to a couple of those yankee games in august here in new york, and you were unreal. everybody asked me, "who IS that guy?" and that's what always struck me about rowand. not the most talented, but clutch plays. he also had a huge love for chicity, the franchise, and the fans. thank you aaron.

Madvora
11-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Aaron, I can't wait until you make your eventual return to Comiskey. With rotating interleague play, who knows when that will be, but as soon as you come back, you will be sure to recieve a huge ovation from everyone who is thankful of what you have done for us.
We'll miss you.

Palehose Pete
11-24-2005, 12:43 PM
Aaron - You played the game flat-out and always put your teammates first. You will be missed greatly and we wish you the best of luck. Keep showing everyone how to play the game, no matter what uniform you're in next year! Good luck, Aaron!

SOXSINCE'70
11-24-2005, 01:05 PM
The catch you made on what looked like a sure 2 run double off the
bat of Richie Sexson on a hot Sunday afternoon last August was amazing.
Then,you turned around and made 5 or 6 spectacular catches in Yankmee
Stadium.I'll never forget those.But your bat spoke volumes,too.
The best birthday present I recieved this year was your 3 run HR
off Trevor Hoffman in San Diego.Then,6 days later,you single home
Willie Harris with the tying run in a game the Sox win 5-3 on Pierzynski's
2 run HR.The next night,on a national game the Eastern Seaboard Putz
Nework televised,your 2 run single is the difference in a 4-3 win over the
Dodgers.Thanks for it all,Aaron.I'll cheer you on,wherever you may go.

rookie
11-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Aaron,

Thanks for the magic that was this season. You are an awesome player and person. I hope the the Phillies appreciate what they are getting. Sad to see you go. :( Come back and visit Chicago anytime!

SouthSideSlayer
11-24-2005, 01:35 PM
I hope Crash lands back on the South Side some day!!! He will be missed. The "Ghost of Crash" will forever roam center field of Sox Park.

ElevenUp
11-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Good luck in Philly. See you at the Bears playoff game sthis year!

TDog
11-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Christ, I was glad when Lee left, Lazy ass. The trade that made me mad was Baines to Texas for a prospect.

And the 'roids didn't make it to Chicago with the prospect until the prospect was already on the North Side, complaining that playing with the Sox was like "being in prison." It's too bad that sometimes the Sox have to trade away players who don't feel that way.

The Rowand trade wasn't about business, but about maintaining a winning team. The problem is that when you have players that care so much about the team and the fans, trading those guys hurts.

pissonthecubs
11-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Aaron, thanks for all the memories! Watching you make play after play in Yankee Stadium this year was awesome! I never saw you come up with alagator arms when you were going full blast into the left centerfield wall, and I appreciate that as a Sox fan! Best of luck in Philly and many Gold Gloves!:cheers:

Randar68
11-24-2005, 02:15 PM
A lot of people have misinterpreted my criticisms of Aaron Rowand as "hatred", but you cannot help but root for a guy who plays 110% every day, works his tail off, and is a great teammate.

Will I miss Aaron Rowand? Probably not, but he gave everything he had to this team, and I hope he is successful in the NL and that he wears his Bears jersey with pride in Philly.

Paulwny
11-24-2005, 02:29 PM
A lot of people have misinterpreted my criticisms of Aaron Rowand as "hatred", but you cannot help but root for a guy who plays 110% every day, works his tail off, and is a great teammate.

Will I miss Aaron Rowand? Probably not, but he gave everything he had to this team, and I hope he is successful in the NL and that he wears his Bears jersey with pride in Philly.

Nicely worded Randar, these are also my feelings, except for the Bears reference.

HOBOKEN-ILLINI13
11-24-2005, 02:38 PM
goodbye aaron,

you gave everything you had to this team, we'll always have Paris,er, the 2005 world series i mean!

TimoPerez
11-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Thank You Aaron!

Good luck!

skobabe8
11-24-2005, 04:11 PM
I cant describe how much I've appreciated Aaron Rowand these last few years. Thank you, and I hgope you have a HUGE year!

TRL
11-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks ARo for the great effort each season. There isn't a play that embodied the "Grinder Ball" style of play better than Rowand. I wish you all the best in Philly.

KruseControl04
11-24-2005, 05:00 PM
It's sad to see A Row go. He was one of the guys who really personified the "Win or Die trying" and "Grinder ball" themes in '05. Aaron Rowand is one of the White Sox I appreciate most, along with Joe Crede. You'll be missed Crash.

soxinthecity
11-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks Aaron!

Just like a jigsaw puzzle it cannot be completed without all the pieces, so I believe all the pieces were in place for the historical season which we are all grateful for, and your part (piece) of the 2005 White Sox Puzzle.

Thanks again Aaron!!!!!!
and good luck to you and your family!

clean
11-24-2005, 07:57 PM
The trade finally hit me today. I will miss watching aaron make a catch in centerfield to end the game. Good luck in Philly. :whiner:

Palehose13
11-24-2005, 08:09 PM
If anyone doesn't want to go to Wrigley to see Aaron:
May 16 - 18, Phillies at Brewers.

I plan on going. As the date gets closer I'll see if anyone else wants to go and get some tickets together so Aaron can have a fan club.

soxfan26
11-24-2005, 08:11 PM
The Phillies are one lucky ball club. Thanks for the memories and good luck to you Aaron.

SoxPark1
11-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Man am I going to miss Aaron. I just watched the WS DVD on comcast. Just seeing and hearing #33 micked made me realize how much I really miss him just a day removed from the trade. The funny thing is: Thome could fail is physical. Honestly, nothing against Thome, but I hope he fails it so Kenny can get a second chance of not disrupting the chemistry of one of the greatest teams I can remeber. I love you Aaron. Always think of us when you become a free agent. Thanks for proving to everyone that effort can outweigh ability. Thank you so much!

RowanDye
11-24-2005, 10:36 PM
You'll always have a special place in the hearts of White Sox fans Aaron. Thanks for exemplifying the grinder-ball mentality and for being so cool when I met you briefly at ESPN Zone after a tough loss against Anaheim in late August.

ajismyhero
11-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks for so many wonderful seasons Aro. Don't forget your Journey CD or work ethic in Chicago and make sure you show those Phillies how to play ball and have a good time.

You'll be missed.

StockdaleForVeep
11-25-2005, 01:19 AM
Anyone know how\when rowand will get his ring? When the phillies play the cubs?

StillMissOzzie
11-25-2005, 01:20 AM

Sure you're not a hater, Randar, that's why it took you 7+ pages before you added anything positive to this thread.

Rowand more than made up for any shortcomings he had in natural ability with his attitude, heart, and effort. Many members here thought of Rowand first when Two by Four, the Sox new ad agency, was asking about what they thought the definition of a "grinder" should be. Aaron, thanks for the great plays that helped make the 2005 a season we will never forget. You'll be missed. Good luck in Philly, and become a Cubkilla we can be proud of!

SMO
:gulp:

Realist
11-25-2005, 09:55 AM
I am very proud of the fact that a player with the guts and character of Aaron Rowand will forever be remembered as a key member of the 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox. It really hurts to see him go.

Thank you, Aaron.

MVP
11-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Aaron,
We'll never forget you, man. Thank you for running into walls for us. Thank you for your hustle and intensity on the field and for helping the Sox bring a championship to Chicago. We wish you nothing but the best in your career and hopefully one day maybe you can return to the Sox. We're rooting for you. Best of luck in Philly.

Martin

ChiSoxPatF
11-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Aaron Rowand - Fans loved him, walls feared him.

ChicagoHoosier
11-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Aaron once threw me a ball during BP at Wrigley and I would have caught it if a yahoo Cubs fan hasn't stuck his hand in the way and knocked it out of reach. But Aaron's always been one of my favorites and I'm sad to see him go. While I agree this is a good trade for the White Sox, it hurts to see a great guy like this who embraced our city, loved the fans, and got along so well iin the clubhouse go. We'll miss you Aaron - best of luck in Philly.

Dolly
11-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Aaron, thanks for giving me full confidence that any ball hit in the vicinity of center field was going to be caught. Thanks for putting your heart and soul into this team, and helping us win it all! Thanks for being so cool those few times that I met you-- in Boston in 2001, at Jimbo's last year, and in the bullpen bar, where you even provided your own Sharpie to sign my hat. I'm going to miss you!

Shafe72
11-25-2005, 01:57 PM
ARow, thanks for being such a great competitor and a great teammate. Your heroics will never be forgotten, nor will your humility. It was cool seeing you, AJ and Crede at Daisy Buchanan's in Boston in August 05. You took the time to talk about the Bears' upcoming season (this was the day after Rex Grossman got hurt!) and about how much fun you guys were having this year.

In spite of the fact that the Red Sox had just won the Friday and Saturday games, the few White Sox fans at the bar started a "Let's go White Sox" chant as you three left, much to the amusement of the Red Sox fans who then asked, "Do you guys really think you'll do ANYTHING this post-season?"

You guys could not have answered that question any better, and it was an amazing thing to see.

Best of luck in Philly and thanks for the memories,

Shafe

hawkjt
11-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks Aaron, you will not be forgotten. We will always have Houston in October,2005.

Beauty35thStreet
11-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Thank you for just playing hard. Thank you even more for being a wonderful player to watch and someone the team enjoyed playing with. You'll always be very special to Sox fans.

11-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks AROW!! I hope you can see this Website and know there are many many fans who are going t miss you...thanks for all the effort and harwork

sommerled
11-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks Aaron,MET YOU LAST SUMMER IN BALTIMORE,you signed my Comiskey seat-I WILL CHEER YOU ON NEXT SUMMER AT WASHINGTON-THANKS FOR BEING A BIG PART OF MY WHITE SOX,I WILL NEVER FORGET-GOD BLESS!!

Chisox003
11-25-2005, 10:11 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051126/capt.pxs10211260002.phillies_white_sox_trade_pxs10 2.jpg

How weird does that look? :(:

Damn...Helluva player, seems like a helluva guy...

You'll be missed Crash...Wear that ring proudly

THANK YOU! :gulp:

JorgeFabregas
11-25-2005, 10:29 PM
He should be on the Christmas card list of every pitcher from 2005's team for years to come.

soxfanreggie
11-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the memories Aaron. Best of luck with Philly. Maybe we'll see you in the playoffs soon.

cubkilla#1soxfan
11-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Thank you, Aaron....you helped make a longtime dream of mine come true: a White Sox World Championship. And nothing can ever take that accomplishment away. :gulp:

All the best to you and I wish you could stay.

When I think of the 2005 World Series Champion Grinder Ball Chicago White Sox the first image that comes into my mind is Aaron Rowand robbing numerous batters of homeruns or extra base hits by crashing into the wall anywhere in center. Aaron Rowand is the face of this White Sox team, he represented everything that as White Sox fans we loved. The one who was robbed of a gold glove, and the one who was the anchor of that outfield, like a captain of the outfield. When I first heard of Rowand being sent to Philadelphia, while living in India, I thought this must be some rumor like Ken Griffey to the Sox, but this being a reality I will miss the best center fielder in baseball I have ever seen. I still remember that in his major league debut for the White Sox in right field replacing that fruit loop maggio back in June 15, 2001 I remember just sliding into the right field wall just to rob someone of a single. That is the type of player I love to see playing for my team. Aaron, I just want to say that as a lifelong White Sox fan, you will always be remembered as the greatest center fielder I saw, and you were the prototypicial ozzie ball player. Aaron good luck in Philadelphia.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20051123/capt.ny18611232106.white_sox__phillies_trade_ny186 .jpg

forever my image or aaron rowand

Rounding_Third
11-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Thank you for everything, Aaron! You played the game the way it should be played and embodied the Chicago work ethic and spirit. If its any consolation, it took a trade for a future Hall-of-Famer to lose you. I count the days that you re-sign as a free agent! Good luck to you and your's in Philly!!!!!!!!

Jim Landis, Ken Berry, Aaron Rowand!

Hangar18
11-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Aaron, ive been on your side since Day 1, and I and my nephews appreciated the way, in a totally empty Big Bar at SoxFest, you walked over and said Hello again to us. Youve always been especially cool to me, and I really appreciate that. I have an excellent feeling you'll be a White Sox again very soon

AaronRowandFan33
11-28-2005, 01:28 PM
just wanted to bump this up...

I'm really happy to see 10 full pages of love for Aaron. After reading the newest article on mlb.com, the man has proven himself as just nothing but a class act. The organization that he loves and loves playing for just sent him out of town, and he thanks them for the opportunity.

I wish the Phillies had spring training in Arizona, so I could pay my respects up close and in person. But believe me, when Aaron comes here to play the D-Backs in June, I will be there early to try give a hello and Thank You!

Lets hope that one day Aaron will again be patrolling centerfield in the Cell.

We Love You Aaron!

aclaar877
11-28-2005, 04:03 PM
I have no doubt he will eventually win over the tough Philly fans...the ones who sometimes booed Mike Schmidt, Charles Barkley, and many others. AR plays the way they like it, though, hard all the time. Always hustling, always diving, always crashing into things. He'll be a fan favorite by about May 1.

"Philadelphia is the only city, where you can experience the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day." -Mike Schmidt

Palehose13
11-28-2005, 05:12 PM
I wish the Phillies had spring training in Arizona, so I could pay my respects up close and in person.

I forgot about spring training! IIRC, my dad's condo is minutes from where the Phillie's ST park is. Aaron...I'll see you in March! :D:

leens01
11-28-2005, 06:12 PM
I've had a couple of days to process the trade now, and I thought I was finally going to be able to move on until I read some of the quotes on the Philly website that Aaron made about the trade. It just started the flood of tears all over again.

It was great to have you on our team, Aaron. You will be missed more than you know! Good luck to you in the future. You will always be in the hearts of the fans!

Red Barchetta
11-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Good luck Aaron. You will be remembered for a long time for your play and approach to the game. The "right" approach.

I think a few hundred WSI members should road trip to the "Shrine" and give Aaron an nice long standing O when the Phillies come to town to beat up the Cubs next season. :D:

whitesoxwilkes
11-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Grinder Ball Rule #3,724: Look to Aaron Rowand to learn what a grinder is.

Thanks for the memories and the shot of Cuervo in the Big Bar, Aaron.

Hoffdaddydmb
12-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Aaron, thanks for the years of hard work and dedication. For being such a positive force in the clubhouse and being a class act the whole way. I'll truly miss your CF heroics. Best of luck to you and even though you won't be with us I look forward to see some of your web gems on Baseball Tonight next season.

Stoky44
12-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks Aaron, you will be missed and never forgoten. I love how hard you play and never say die attitude. I wish all ball players were like you. I now have a reason to watch the National League and go to that place a few miles north, to root for my favorite National League player. Thanks for all you have done, I wish you the best of luck and continued success.

Hitmen77
12-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Aaron Rowand may never become an all-star, but he'll go down in history as a key player in the 2005 White Sox world championship. Years from now, he'll be a part of Sox lore just like those players from the '59 team are today.

Thanks Aaron for playing hard-nosed baseball. The Thome trade made sense for the Sox, but it's unfortunate to lose a player with such a great attitude.

caracascat
12-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Great guy, alot of heart. A real salt of the earth guy. At least we got a real decent guy in return. I wish him all the best

BV2005
12-03-2005, 02:35 AM
I'm going to miss Rowand, I haven't been this upset over a player getting traded away since Ray Durham got traded. I can't wait to go to the Cubs Phillies game this year. I hope you make it back to Chicago during the ring ceramony.

Frankfan4life
12-03-2005, 06:16 AM
FWIW Aaron, neither would I. All the best to you, and thank you so much.Add me to that list. It's been hard getting over losing a player I consider one of the best representatives a baseball, no, a sports team could ever have. I appreciate all your hard work and dedication on and off the field. In my heart you will always be a White Sox, no matter who you play for. I wish you nothing but the best.

TomBradley72
12-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Aaron,

Any guy that would fly face first into the wall at the Cell while the White Sox were AHEAD 14-2 in Game 1 of the ALDS has my loyalty forever. The ultimate grinder play.

Every AB for the rest of your career when I'm in attendance: standing ovation.

See you at Miller Park May 16th....sorry even with all my respect and appreciation for you...I cannot set foot in the Urinal unless the Pale Hose are on the field. :cheers:

DenverSock
12-05-2005, 01:12 PM
I know I'm echoing many others here, even though I've not read most of this thread. Never the less, I know I'll miss "Crash" and think he deserved the gold glove this year. I think he was instrumental in defeating the Yanks in New York. I'll always remember his great running catches in that series. If in any way he returns it will be most welcome. I'll now lift a cyber drink to him.:gulp: :gulp: