PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Aaron's Amigos...

rootrootroot
11-23-2005, 05:39 PM
...you are now Thome's Homies.

DaleJRFan
11-23-2005, 05:45 PM

oooooh... that's good, good stuff. :cool:

WSox8404
11-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Ha. Wanna give something to the national media to write about? Have 20 or so people dress up like gangbangers and sit in a certain section to become Thome's Homies. That will definately contribute to the myth that we are all either hillbillies or gangbangers.

santo=dorf
11-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Ha. Wanna give something to the national media to write about? Have 20 or so people dress up like gangbangers and sit in a certain section to become Thome's Homies. That will definately contribute to the myth that we are all either hillbillies or gangbangers.
Dress up?

The Tribune said Sox fans are gangbangers, and the only people who wear Sox gear are dangerous thugs and rap stars.

DSpivack
11-23-2005, 05:56 PM

Yeah, that's a great idea.

ChiSoxIn06
11-23-2005, 05:57 PM

***** thats great

Taliesinrk
11-23-2005, 05:59 PM
***** thats great

AWESOME!!!

HotelWhiteSox
11-23-2005, 06:20 PM
This thread reeks of marijuana smoke, which way to the Tribune Headline thread?

ShoelessJoeS
11-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Lol...:gulp:

SOXintheBURGH
11-23-2005, 06:41 PM
D'oh! I thought of that driving home today and wanted to post and take the glory!:redface:

MarySwiss
11-23-2005, 06:47 PM

Beg to differ.
Even though I am not one of Aaron's Amigos, I find it hard to believe that their loyalties are as fleeting as all that. I am a FOPK, have been for quite some time, and if Paulie signed elsewhere, my reaction would not be, "Oh, okay. So who should I root for now?" Among Sox fans, loyalties are not that plastic; witness the number of WSI members whose sigs recall Nellie, Looey, Fisk, Dick Allen, etc., even Big Ed Walsh and Shoeless Joe!
Just my two cents.

GregoryEtc
11-23-2005, 07:43 PM
As Jerry Seinfeld says, as often as players change teams, we're essentially just rooting for laundry at this point. The Amigos will move on. Especially since we got a Hall of Famer in the deal.

TheDarkGundam
11-23-2005, 07:45 PM
I worked at the concession stands for the Kane County Cougars this summer (single A affiliate of Oakland), and one of the managers was a big Phillies fan. Except, he couldn't name any players except Thome and Abreu (after the home-run derby). Becuase of this, some girls i worked with started calling him a "Thome Homie".

hsnterprize
11-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Ha. Wanna give something to the national media to write about? Have 20 or so people dress up like gangbangers and sit in a certain section to become Thome's Homies. That will definately contribute to the myth that we are all either hillbillies or gangbangers. Now here's an idea...someone e-mail Brooks about this, and tell him about the sequel to last year's "Mullet Night"..."Gangbanger Night".

spongyfungy
11-23-2005, 08:08 PM
Randy Wolf (the Wolfpack), Vicente Padilla (Padilla's Flotilla) Terry Adams (The Adams Family) Brandon Duckworth (The Duck Pond), Kevin Millwood (Millwood's Militia) Jose Mesa (Mesa's Faces), Jeremy Giambi's (Giambi Zombies) Pat Burrell's (Burrell's Bunch)

Aaron will fit right in.

Banix12
11-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Can't they just become Anderson's Amigos?

Whatever happened to Crede's crew? They were oddly missing most of last season