PDA

View Full Version : Baseball fights back

Daver
12-17-2001, 07:30 PM
Against the state of Minnesota

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/news/2001/12/17/twins_contraction_ap/

Jerry_Manuel
12-17-2001, 07:32 PM
I have to be the only person who is enjoying this. I love a good legal battle.

bjmarte
12-17-2001, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I have to be the only person who is enjoying this. I love a good legal battle.
I think it is hilarious. A group of people who have mismanaged a franchise fighting a group of people who have mismanaged a league.

Daver
12-17-2001, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte

I think it is hilarious. A group of people who have mismanaged a franchise fighting a group of people who have mismanaged a league.

And only the fans suffer.What could be better?

Jerry_Manuel
12-17-2001, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by daver
And only the fans suffer.What could be better?

I'm not suffering anymore then I would if the Sox were playing. You know it's the whole 85 years without a World Series thing that gets me.

duke of dorwood
12-17-2001, 11:31 PM
Wonder how much judge Crump got in campaign $ from the Sports Authority?

ma-gaga
12-18-2001, 01:18 AM
As a fan, I'm not suffering anymore, I'm just numb. It's all just too surreal. The Alabama guy sounds decent enough. He claims that he'll figure out someway of financing a new stadium using his own money.

Truthfully, it sounds like a ploy, but if he's serious, I'm all for this guy buying the team.

However, he wants to keep the team 'competitive' so the Sox better figure out someway of beating Joe Mays, he may be a Twinkie for a looong time.

RedPinStripes
12-18-2001, 02:06 AM
:reinsy
"If we win a division championship and lose in the playoffs, you fans can't bitch about not fielding a good team."

RichH55
12-18-2001, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
"If we win a division championship and lose in the playoffs, you fans can't bitch about not fielding a good team."

Sadly, he's not that far off the mark...better than a flubs fan could hope for

RichH55
12-18-2001, 10:25 AM
Minnesota fans are ready to be screwed....I mean they took the Northstars away so they could play in Dallas, and Hockey IMO is much bigger in the land of 10,000 Lakes than Baseball....

At least they aren't contracting us...I think I will raise tickets prices for that amount of goodwill!