PDA

View Full Version : 4 team trade on LA radio

doctor30th
11-22-2005, 11:00 PM
My friend sent me the details of a trade a bruce levine-esque reporter out in LA was talking about an hour ago. I'll have to get the radio stations and reporters name from him. My buddy says this reporter is like bruce so about 2% of what he says comes true (remember him rehashing Magglio to Red Sox and Nomar to White sox). Anyway this is what they said:

Florida Marlins, Dodgers, White Sox and Tampa Bay are involved:

Florida gives up Delgado, Villone and Cash
Dodgers Give up Odalis Perez, 2 minor league pitchers and Cash
White Sox give up Rowand and Marte
Tampa Bay gives up Carl Crawford

Who gets what?
Florida-Rowand and Marte
Tampa Bay- Perez, 2 minor League pitchers, and all the cash
Dodgers-Delgado
White Sox-Carl Crawford and Villone

Anyway enjoy have to love sports reporters especially when they have "sources"

It's Time
11-22-2005, 11:03 PM
What's the score, dude?

chisoxmike
11-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Dude, I just got 4 beers, what's the score?

The Deacon
My friend sent me the details of a trade a bruce levine-esque reporter out in LA was talking about an hour ago. I'll have to get the radio stations and reporters name from him. My buddy says this reporter is like bruce so about 2% of what he says comes true (remember him rehashing Magglio to Red Sox and Nomar to White sox). Anyway this is what they said:

Who gets what?
Florida-Rowand and Marte
Dodgers-Delgado

Although I would LOVE to believe it, I dont see Tampa Bay trading Carl Crawford. He's signed to a long term deal for pretty cheap, almost identical to the one Baldelli just signed. TB views Baldelli and Crawfrod as the pillars of their organization for the next 5-6 years.

KRS1
The only question is, would Carl play for a Bush League team?

Tragg
11-22-2005, 11:06 PM

Who gets what?
Florida-Rowand and Marte
Dodgers-Delgado

When I read Fla giving up "cash", I gotta wonder.
Where would Carl Crawford play? We have a left fielder.
I also gotta wonder......how about we leave Tampa and Dodgers out of it and WE'LL take Delgado and cash for Rowand and Marte.

chisoxmike
11-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Where would Carl Crawford play? We have a left fielder.

Well, IF, this is true, Podsednik would move to CF for Crawford.

skobabe8
11-22-2005, 11:08 PM
The only question is, would Carl play for a Bush League team?

haha...I get it. :D:

Tragg
11-22-2005, 11:10 PM

Ouch. Pods in CF wouldn't be good at all.
This sounds like some self-serving Dodger fan idea, to steal Delgado.

The Deacon
11-22-2005, 11:15 PM

Crawford can play CF and is a better fielder than Pods. Crawford would be a perfect fit for the SOX and a huge improvement(.301, 15HR, 81 rbis AND 46 SBs last year AND he's lefty!?) over Rowand and the Pierre rumors. But again, no way in hell TB trades him.

The Deacon
11-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Crawford can play CF and is a better fielder than Pods. Crawford would be a perfect fit for the SOX and a huge improvement(.301, 15HR, 81 rbis AND 46 SBs last year AND he's lefty!?) over Rowand and the Pierre rumors. But again, no way in hell TB trades him.

did I mention he was 23?

KRS1
11-22-2005, 11:19 PM
TB needs to get rid of 1 of it's 5 servicable outfielders this off-season to get soem pitching. I have a feeling Upton will probably be the one since he is terrible in the infield and not experienced enough to play in the majors right away.

JUribe1989
11-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Crawford will not be traded. Tampa absolutely plans on keeping Jonny Gomes, Carl Crawford, and Rocco Baldelli for a long LONG time.

buehrle4cy05
11-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Isn't Crawford signed to a 7 or 8 year deal? Randar, can you answer that? And also the question, why would Tampa trade him????????

Baseless rumor.

Tragg
11-22-2005, 11:23 PM
That's good to hear - I much prefer him to Pierre - much.
Maybe Tampa wants all of that cash to help them sign a pitcher in FA. There are some decent relievers out there.

But sounds like BS anyway.

doctor30th
11-22-2005, 11:24 PM
HE has 3 years left on his contract with options until 2010.

The Deacon
11-22-2005, 11:25 PM
TB needs to get rid of 1 of it's 5 servicable outfielders this off-season to get soem pitching. I have a feeling Upton will probably be the one since he is terrible in the infield and not experienced enough to play in the majors right away.

BJ Upton is 19. They arent trading him either. Tampa will trade Aubrey Huff and thats pretty much it.

The Deacon
11-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Isn't Crawford signed to a 7 or 8 year deal? Randar, can you answer that? And also the question, why would Tampa trade him????????

Baseless rumor.

Crawford signed a 4 year/15 million deal in April. There is an option on his contract that can bump him to 6 years/35 million. Pretty good deal for them. They signed Baldelli to esentially the smae contract just a few weeks ago.

Crawford goes nowhere/

Optipessimism
11-22-2005, 11:29 PM
I'd put Crawford in CF over Pods, but none of this is happening anyway so it doesn't matter.

Tampa Bay gets Perez, 2 minor leaguers and cash? That's probably what they'll start ask for Baez and Huff alone if the minor leaguers are studs.

IMO, the only way Crawford gets dealt is if TB gets 2 starting pitching prospects who project to be staff aces and are within a year or so from the Majors. It would have to be something like McCarthy + Kazmir version 2 and knowing TB, they'd still probably ask for a B prospect in addition. It would have to be an absolute steal for them to trade Carl, basically whatever it would take to get the Marlins to dump Cabrera or the Rangers to dump Young.

doctor30th
11-22-2005, 11:29 PM
From what I understand Tampa Bay needs pitching, and they are willing to take perez and cash with the 2 minor league pitcher they would get.

On a BS scale I would probably give it a 8 out of 10. slim to no chance it will happen.

Kogs35
11-22-2005, 11:43 PM
From what I understand Tampa Bay needs pitching, and they are willing to take perez and cash with the 2 minor league pitcher they would get.

On a BS scale I would probably give it a 8 out of 10. slim to no chance it will happen.

what radio station did he hear this on?

JermaineDye05
11-22-2005, 11:45 PM
i just wana know where these guys dig this crap up and what they base it on

doctor30th
11-22-2005, 11:46 PM
I'll let you know when he writes me back, he hasn't followed up yet.

doctor30th
11-22-2005, 11:49 PM
i just wana know where these guys dig this crap up and what they base it on
I'm sure they have "sources" you know their teenage son or the bat boy of the Dodgers.

Tragg
11-23-2005, 12:26 AM
It's probably BS, but I've seen rumors that he's being shopped in several places over the last 2 weeks.
It's not like he's some all star, untradeable player. He doesn't walk much (26 walks in 600+ at bats is absolutely pitiful) and has a mediocre OBP and marginal power. When they hit .300 without power and few walks, I worry that next year, the balls won't find the holes in the infield.

I'd rather him than Pierre, but I'd really rather Delgado and cash for him and Marte (and looking at the way the rumor lines up, all the players Fla gets are from us; the only player they're giving up is Delgado; so if this rumor has any breath of truth, we could shut out tampa and LA and do it ourselves for Delgado).

MUsoxfan
11-23-2005, 01:39 AM

Exactly. TB has one player it can't afford to do without and it's Crawford. Mike North must have a relative in LA radio:redneck

HotelWhiteSox
11-23-2005, 02:36 AM
Exactly. TB has one player it can't afford to do without and it's Crawford. Mike North must have a relative in LA radio:redneck

:ass

Hey, ya know what I heard... Rocco Baldelli, MY GUY!!!!! is comin to da South Side! Now dat da Score gave me the pre/post job, the pre game will be replaced by me, Rocco, n Knuckles Italian cooking show. Give em a bark Lik!

samram
11-23-2005, 05:55 AM
It's probably BS, but I've seen rumors that he's being shopped in several places over the last 2 weeks.
It's not like he's some all star, untradeable player. He doesn't walk much (26 walks in 600+ at bats is absolutely pitiful) and has a mediocre OBP and marginal power. When they hit .300 without power and few walks, I worry that next year, the balls won't find the holes in the infield.

I'd rather him than Pierre, but I'd really rather Delgado and cash for him and Marte (and looking at the way the rumor lines up, all the players Fla gets are from us; the only player they're giving up is Delgado; so if this rumor has any breath of truth, we could shut out tampa and LA and do it ourselves for Delgado).

I don't think this rumor has any legs either. However, please don't tell me your aversion to players not on the Sox extends to Carl Crawford. I would trade Rowand and Marte straight up for him. He's going to be a top 15 player in MLB, IMO.

MadetoOrta
11-23-2005, 07:39 AM
I don't think this rumor has any legs either. However, please don't tell me your aversion to players not on the Sox extends to Carl Crawford. I would trade Rowand and Marte straight up for him. He's going to be a top 15 player in MLB, IMO.

Right on Sam! Crawford's a budding superstar who's locked up cheaply for years. If he's on the Sox for Marte and Rowand, I will not ask for any Christmas presents. He's tremendous. There's no way this happens.

Tragg
11-23-2005, 08:59 AM
I'd make that trade. At least he's not an ex-Marlin :smile: (although the price for Marlins seems to be pretty reasonable these days)

But my aversion is to swing at anything players with marginal power. Walks are a good indicator of plate discipline and a batting eye, essentials to becoming a top hitter.

Why do you think he's going to be a top 15 player?

samram
11-23-2005, 09:43 AM
I'd make that trade. At least he's not an ex-Marlin :smile: (although the price for Marlins seems to be pretty reasonable these days)

But my aversion is to swing at anything players with marginal power. Walks are a good indicator of plate discipline and a batting eye, essentials to becoming a top hitter.

Why do you think he's going to be a top 15 player?

I think he'll be a top player because he does everything well. He's only 25 or so, meaning he could still be developing. He also would provide power in the one or two spot in the lineup and I think he can be a three hitter when all is said and done. He also provides great speed in the outfield and runs down a lot of balls.

D. TODD
11-23-2005, 09:55 AM

Why do you think he's going to be a top 15 player? Unless your Tony Gwynn who hacked and hit everything.

chisoxmike
11-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Posted in another thread, confirmed on mlb.com, Delgado to the Mets. Wow, another trade posted on WSI that didn't pan out. What else is new today?

HebrewHammer
11-23-2005, 11:41 AM
I guess Doc30th is this year's ChiSox Tony. If only his story had the amount of intrigue. No cell phones, no airport, man, the rumormongers just gave up this year...

The Deacon
11-23-2005, 11:53 AM
I think he'll be a top player because he does everything well. He's only 25 or so, meaning he could still be developing. He also would provide power in the one or two spot in the lineup and I think he can be a three hitter when all is said and done. He also provides great speed in the outfield and runs down a lot of balls.

Actually, he's only 23....:D: He's been in the league 3 full seasons... His power is increasing each year. His average increased each year. And his RBI's have increased each year. This guy is the real deal. No way Tampa gives him up.

TDog
11-23-2005, 12:50 PM

No one holds them accountable for what they report or seems to care that they have no credibility.