PDA

View Full Version : Good Rowand, trade article at mlb.com

caulfield12
11-22-2005, 08:33 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051122&content_id=1271342&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

JUribe1989
11-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Trading Rowand would be a horrible move IMO. He is an excellent guy and an unbelievable fielder. A good team needs good people, not just good players.

Tragg
11-22-2005, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't mind trading him.
His value is pretty high; a lot of teams need a CF desperately; we have a minor league OF pipeline and Anderson could come in and almost for sure handle the D; if done cleverly, we could get a lot for him.
I think he's easily our best trade bait.
I certainly don't want to give him away.
I don't want to trade a SP because with those starters, we almost automatically have a shot to repeat.

The Deacon
11-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Trading Rowand would be a horrible move IMO. He is an excellent guy and an unbelievable fielder. A good team needs good people, not just good players.

Rowand and his all arms swing can take a hike. Weren't you watching him on the basepaths during the World Series?
Rowand is a good person but he is also the most overrated and expendable player on the team. Unfortunately, good people don't win championships, good players win them. Other than his ability to crash into the wall, he really doesn't bring much to the table. His 15 Hrs, 59 Rbis/year arent that great for a 27 year old CF who isnt that fast. I hope they get alot for him....

skobabe8
11-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Dont trade him. I'll never hear the end of it from my girlfriend.

The_Floridian
11-22-2005, 10:09 PM

I hear ya. I told my wife there would probably trade rumors around him this offseason and she started crying. "They CAN'T trade Aaron Rowand! He tries so hard! He's got so much heart!"

Dear Kenny, for the sake of my marital bliss, do not trade Crash.

chisoxmike
11-22-2005, 10:12 PM
I

Dear Kenny, for the sake of my marital bliss, do not trade Crash.

:KW
"We. Don't. Care."

:D:

Uncle_Patrick
11-22-2005, 10:18 PM

Yes, my wife would be very disappointed, too.

JUribe1989
11-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Unfortunately, good people don't win championships, good players win them.

Actually, I just watched a bunch of good guys win a championship.:D:

A_ROW33
11-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Obviously Aaron's my favorite player, however realistically looking at the situation if they can't sign Konerko they almost have to trade to get some pop in the lineup and it would make more sense to trade Aaron than anyone else:(: , except possibly El Duque but I'm not counting on that.

Ron Karkovice
11-23-2005, 01:09 AM
Go ahead and trade him... my girlfriend only thinks that Pods is hot..

Anyway, it will be sad to see Rowand if he does go, it seems like he played every single game the 05 season...

HotelWhiteSox
11-23-2005, 01:14 AM
That comma is bothering the hell out of me :redface:

Nellie_Fox
11-23-2005, 01:33 AM
That comma is bothering the hell out of me :redface:Oh, me too. Why is it there?

dlee120
11-23-2005, 01:58 AM
yeah he has a high trade value right now, but can we get someone(s) as good(semi consistent; see '04; kinda '05 with some big hits & defense!) and who also has the heart and attitude( see: team player) that he carries with him every day? He personified the world champion team last year (win or die trying!) and I would hate to see him leave for almost anyone (not sure who). I would only trade him for pitching which we don't need as of now. He is great for the team and the city. Defense and pitching win championships!

bobwsx
11-23-2005, 06:40 AM
Rowand and his all arms swing can take a hike. Weren't you watching him on the basepaths during the World Series?
Rowand is a good person but he is also the most overrated and expendable player on the team. Unfortunately, good people don't win championships, good players win them. Other than his ability to crash into the wall, he really doesn't bring much to the table. His 15 Hrs, 59 Rbis/year arent that great for a 27 year old CF who isnt that fast. I hope they get alot for him....I agree he's the only starter that I hope they do trade.

Deuce
11-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Rowand and his all arms swing can take a hike. Weren't you watching him on the basepaths during the World Series?:rolleyes:
Rowand is a good person but he is also the most overrated and expendable player on the team.:timo:
Unfortunately, good people don't win championships, good players win them.By that logic, Aaron Rowand is a good player. After all, he did win a Championship.Other than his ability to crash into the wall, he really doesn't bring much to the table. His 15 Hrs, 59 Rbis/year arent that great for a 27 year old CF who isnt that fast.Whatever. Among centerfielders this year, he was second in fielding percentage for the AL, fourth in runs and OBP, fifth in batting average, hits, and RBIs, tied for sixth in 2B hits and homers, and stole 16 bases while being caught 5 times. All for a whopping $2 mil last year and $3 mil in 2006.

Given our situation (holes in the #3 and #4 spot and a surplus of outfielders), trading Rowand may be whats best for the team. However, lets not kid ourselves here. Rowand is a quality player, hands down.

PaulDrake
11-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Trading Rowand would be a horrible move IMO. He is an excellent guy and an unbelievable fielder. A good team needs good people, not just good players. I second that. What's with all the bashing?

bobowhite
11-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Go ahead and trade him. My girlfriend left me and he was her favorite player.

Jenks4Pres
11-23-2005, 12:43 PM
:rolleyes:

Given our situation (holes in the #3 and #4 spot and a surplus of outfielders), trading Rowand may be whats best for the team. However, lets not kid ourselves here. Rowand is a quality player, hands down.

I'm with you here... WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!!!!! and people are saying that one of our starters has "got to go"

Gimme a break!!!!!!!!

The Deacon
11-23-2005, 12:57 PM
I'm with you here... WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!!!!! and people are saying that one of our starters has "got to go"

Gimme a break!!!!!!!!

After the Angels & Marlins won the World Series in 2002 and 2003 they both went into the off-season thinking they didnt need to change anything about their teams b/c they had just won. Neither team made the PLAYOFFS the following year, much less won the Series again.
You have to make changes. Every other team is trying to get better and upgrade. Although our team won the series, we did have some flaws that need to be addressed, Kenny has said so himself.

miker
11-23-2005, 01:31 PM
So what are we getting in return since everyone is in such a hurry to get Aaron out of here?

ShoelessJoeS
11-23-2005, 01:41 PM
After the Angels & Marlins won the World Series in 2002 and 2003 they both went into the off-season thinking they didnt need to change anything about their teams b/c they had just won. Neither team made the PLAYOFFS the following year, much less won the Series again.
You have to make changes. Every other team is trying to get better and upgrade. Although our team won the series, we did have some flaws that need to be addressed, Kenny has said so himself.
Then again, neither of those teams were as DOMINANT as the Sox were in the playoffs.

Risk
11-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Yes, my wife would be very disappointed, too.

Ditto that here. I think Mrs. Risk would be near inconsolable.

Risk

Fake Chet Lemon
11-23-2005, 11:28 PM

Thome is a GREAT clubhouse guy, one of the best according to the Phillies announcer.

skobabe8
11-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Rowand is a good person but he is also the most overrated and expendable player on the team. Unfortunately, good people don't win championships, good players win them. Other than his ability to crash into the wall, he really doesn't bring much to the table. His 15 Hrs, 59 Rbis/year arent that great for a 27 year old CF who isnt that fast. I hope they get alot for him....

WHAT?

skobabe8
11-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Go ahead and trade him... my girlfriend only thinks that Pods is hot..

Anyway, it will be sad to see Rowand if he does go, it seems like he played every single game the 05 season...

My girlfriend doesn't just think Rowand is hot. She loves his style of play, his attitude, TEAM effort, and abilities. Being that so much of this season revolved around a TEAM, he will be a big part now missing (in her eyes).