PDA

View Full Version : how's chris young doing down in the winter leagues

JermaineDye05
11-22-2005, 08:58 PM
he still tearing it up down there or what? I can't wait til he's out there roaming center field well the outfield at least, I'm not ready to let A-Row go, how much longer you think he has? 2 years? more? less?

caulfield12
11-22-2005, 09:11 PM
he still tearing it up down there or what? I can't wait til he's out there roaming center field well the outfield at least, I'm not ready to let A-Row go, how much longer you think he has? 2 years? more? less?

Young, .253, 2, 11, 3 steals
Fields, .256, 5, 16

JermaineDye05
11-22-2005, 09:20 PM
what kinda speed would you say Young has, podsednik type speed, joey gathwright type speed what would ya say

KRS1
11-22-2005, 11:15 PM
I saw Young play 4 times in the AFL this year, wish I coulda saw more but my internship hours suck. Every time he hit the ball when I was there it was a screamer, his first homer was a HUGE line-drive over left field wall, I was in awe for a good 5 minutes afterwards b/c the thing seemed to pick up speed and altitude after it was a good 50 feet past the fence. His speed in the games is sneaky, he runs out his extra-base hits VERY fast. I don't know who I could compare him to speed wise, but my best guess is Baldelli, b/c he is very quick outta the box. I also want to say him and Valido are very comparable quicks-wise, seeing Roberto steal a base is pretty special, b/c he times it as well as any major leaguer Ive seen in a while. Finally, while I'm floating to another subject Fields looked awesome out there, hitting the ball ultra solid and his glove was way above where I expected it to be. If I were to give a grade to each of these guys based on the games I saw here it would prolly be Valido B, Young A-, and Fields A+.