PDA

View Full Version : Tribe meets with BJ Ryan

ChiSoxIn06
11-22-2005, 07:48 PM
saw this on mlb.com..im sure KW is paying attention to this and will do what ever he can to keep pace with cleveland as far as improving their team because if the tribe get ryan it would be a mass improvement to thier bullpen.

shaunburnette
11-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I am thinking that the Ryan is going to meet with a number of teams.

Check Cleveland off the list....

MUsoxfan
11-22-2005, 07:51 PM
saw this on mlb.com..im sure KW is paying attention to this and will do what ever he can to keep pace with cleveland as far as improving their team because if the tribe get ryan it would be a mass improvement to thier bullpen.

Well Howry is reportedly leaving. So if that happens and the Tribe is so lucky to ink Ryan, I'd say it's a wash

caulfield12
11-22-2005, 09:02 PM

The Tribe is losing Howry and Wickman, so they´re going to have to overpay for Ryan to be their closer. He would be paid $7.5-9.0 million to join the Indians, whose entire payroll last season was $42 million. I would much rather they spend it on Ryan than on the starting rotation, as Elarton expected to leave as well.

Keep in mind, they also need to re-up Kevin Millwood, who is expected to receive multi-year offers ranging from $8-10 million average per season.

Relax.

SOX ADDICT '73
11-22-2005, 09:42 PM
The Tribe is losing Howry and Wickman, so they´re going to have to overpay for Ryan to be their closer. He would be paid $7.5-9.0 million to join the Indians, whose entire payroll last season was $42 million. I would much rather they spend it on Ryan than on the starting rotation, as Elarton expected to leave as well.

Keep in mind, they also need to re-up Kevin Millwood, who is expected to receive multi-year offers ranging from $8-10 million average per season.

Relax.
Don't worry about Cleveland - they'll be just fine. They've got the best GM in the American League calling all the shots!