PDA

View Full Version : will sox be on more sunday night games and national saturday games?

richb2
11-22-2005, 07:21 PM
I am hoping that the white sox will get more than their usual one or two games on espn or the game of the week on fox. I think these two networks could maybe hopefully cut back on the yankees and redsox marathon and let the champs take center stage---will that happen or is that a dream?

MUsoxfan
11-22-2005, 07:26 PM
It's a dream. The only way the Sox would be on national TV more is if they play the Yankees and Red Sox more. That's not necessarily a bad thing. The less Joe Morgan the better.

On another note, I do petition to get rid of WCIU as a whole so they can no longer show another sporting event sandwiched between some dopey Judge show and Becker

samram
11-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Well, I think they moved Opening Day back to Sunday- I'm guessing that will be on ESPN. I would guess the Sox would have about 4-6 Sunday night games this year and maybe 5-7 more during the week on ESPN.

DumpJerry
11-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Well, I think they moved Opening Day back to Sunday- I'm guessing that will be on ESPN. I would guess the Sox would have about 4-6 Sunday night games this year and maybe 5-7 more during the week on ESPN.
Yes. Check out this thread I started today.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62575

Fake Chet Lemon
11-22-2005, 09:26 PM
We were on National TV a decent amount last year, considering the Twins had been dominating the division the previous years. Decent amount for a team in fly-over country anyway. Anybody know our record on National TV last year, not including the post season of course?

CallMeNuts
11-22-2005, 09:35 PM
The heck with Fox on Saturday. That just cuts down on the number of Saturday night fireworks games. And many times, Fox broadcasts several games, all regionally, on Saturday afternoon. Who needs it? Not I.

antitwins13
11-22-2005, 10:42 PM
I wish the Sox had no national broadcasts. I would like to see Hawk do a 162 game season.

Tragg
11-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Seems to me that we were on TV a lot last year. ESPN anyway.
WGN will probably cut our dates.

IggyD
11-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Seems to me that we were on TV a lot last year. ESPN anyway.
WGN will probably cut our dates.

I would think that to be opposite....since there is more interest in Our Team I would think they would be fighting to have more games as the draw will certainly be larger.

SoxFan78
11-23-2005, 10:10 AM
The heck with Fox on Saturday. That just cuts down on the number of Saturday night fireworks games. And many times, Fox broadcasts several games, all regionally, on Saturday afternoon. Who needs it? Not I.

AMEN CallMeNuts!! I was so pissed last year when they changed the 9/10 game from a 6:05 game to a 12:05 game. I was gonna have a tailgate party for my birthday that afternoon, then watch the game at night. But Fox managed to mess that all up.

The more Saturday tailgate days and Sox nights, the better!

I want Mags back
11-23-2005, 05:48 PM

Yes. Considering that ESPN is introducing MNB (monday night baseball - ddefinaty doesnt have the ring of MNF) that should open more opportunities for us

that is pending it starts next yr and not 2007, im really not sure

PKalltheway
11-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Yes. Considering that ESPN is introducing MNB (monday night baseball - ddefinaty doesnt have the ring of MNF) that should open more opportunities for us

that is pending it starts next yr and not 2007, im really not sure

I heard that during the late '70's and through the 1980's, they had Monday Night Baseball on ABC. As for more national brodcasts, there will definately be more National brodcasts next year. We were already on a bunch this past season.

Fake Chet Lemon
11-24-2005, 12:26 AM
I heard that during the late '70's and through the 1980's, they had Monday Night Baseball on ABC.

They did. I always looked forward to the games. Glad to hear it's coming back.

rwcescato
11-24-2005, 12:37 AM

They would rather show the flubs because they are more popular.
Remember the real World Series is in attendance. I believe I read that once in the trib or SouthTown

Railsplitter
11-24-2005, 02:56 PM
I am hoping that the white sox will get more than their usual one or two games on espn or the game of the week on fox. I think these two networks could maybe hopefully cut back on the yankees and redsox marathon and let the champs take center stage---will that happen or is that a dream?

Good Question. Funny, it seemed when ESPN started the Sunday night games, everybody had at least one game.