PDA

View Full Version : Schedule change! Very important!

DumpJerry
11-22-2005, 04:23 PM
My rep just told me that MLB has changed the dates of the opening series with Cleveland. Opening day will be Sunday NIGHT, April 2nd (I told him that the national television people always loved the Indians). Games 2 and 3 versus the Tribe have been moved back 24 hours respectively. He told me that (as mentioned in a different thread) the ring ceremony will be Game 2, Flag raising Game 1 and they are planning something for Game 3.

Adjust your schedules accordingly.

Mods: Should this be stuck for a while?

ChiSoxIn06
11-22-2005, 04:26 PM
thanks for the info

Fenway
11-22-2005, 04:31 PM
2 years ago ESPN's opening night was in Baltimore and it was 35

last year it was in the Bronx and the wind chill was in the 20's

April 2nd for a night game in Chicago????

But if form holds their will be local TV in Chicago instead of the ESPN feed, that was the case the last 2 years which is good because Comcast won't botch the raising of the flag.

Tekijawa
11-22-2005, 04:34 PM
But if form holds their will be local TV in Chicago instead of the ESPN feed, that was the case the last 2 years which is good because Comcast won't botch the raising of the flag.

I enjoy the 2 minute frozen screens and black boxes that happen when someone hits a homer.

skobabe8
11-22-2005, 04:35 PM
My rep just told me that MLB has changed the dates of the opening series with Cleveland. Opening day will be Sunday NIGHT, April 2nd (I told him that the national television people always loved the Indians). Games 2 and 3 versus the Tribe have been moved back 24 hours respectively. He told me that (as mentioned in a different thread) the ring ceremony will be Game 2, Flag raising Game 1 and they are planning something for Game 3.

Adjust your schedules accordingly.

Mods: Should this be stuck for a while?

And Opening Day is 1 day closer! I love it!

:)

Palehose13
11-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Looks like I need to buy a Sox winter jacket for opening day..errrr...night!

MUsoxfan
11-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Looks like I need to buy a Sox winter jacket for opening day..errrr...night!

I did that earlier this year in preparation for October baseball:tongue: But it's cool that they put the Sox on nationally to kick off the season

whitesoxwilkes
11-22-2005, 04:59 PM
So now I wonder if Opening Day becomes part of the weekend season ticket holder package?

My guess is NO since it's a reschedule. Sure would be sweet if it was though.

Deuce
11-22-2005, 05:15 PM
So now I wonder if Opening Day becomes part of the weekend season ticket holder package?

My guess is NO since it's a reschedule. Sure would be sweet if it was though.

Yeah, it would. But as long as I get to go to game 2, I'll be happy. Love to see them rings!

chisoxmike
11-22-2005, 05:16 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!??? YOU MEAN THE FIRST OF NINETEEN YANKEES/RED SOX MATCHUPS ISN'T GOING TO BE ON SUNDAY NIGHT OPENING NIGHT BASEBALL ON ESPN????????? THIS CAN'T BE!!!!!!! THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!

I like the move actually, something different. I hope I still get to go. I have the hit & run plan, which says you get OPENING DAY tickets. One of the reasons why I got it.

DumpJerry
11-22-2005, 05:40 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!??? YOU MEAN THE FIRST OF NINETEEN YANKEES/RED SOX MATCHUPS ISN'T GOING TO BE ON SUNDAY NIGHT OPENING NIGHT BASEBALL ON ESPN????????? THIS CAN'T BE!!!!!!! THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!
They got moved to April 1st.

chisoxmike
11-22-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm thinking ESPN is going to try and pressure the Sox into moving the ring ceremony to Sunday night if the game is actually going to be on ESPN, which I assume is the case since the game was moved to Sunday night.

ESPN carried the Red Sox home opener this year to show the ring ceremony.

bigfoot
11-22-2005, 06:06 PM
They got moved to April 1st.

I feel an April Fool's joke coming on.......!:bandance:

DumpJerry
11-22-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm thinking ESPN is going to try and pressure the Sox into moving the ring ceremony to Sunday night if the game is actually going to be on ESPN, which I assume is the case since the game was moved to Sunday night.

ESPN carried the Red Sox home opener this year to show the ring ceremony.
ESPN programming exec: "Rings? What rings? We want to showcase the Cleveland Indians, the best team in the American League outside of Boston and New York. Can someone get Selig the Lapdog on the phone? It seems the, what is the name of this team?....White Sox....Hey! Is this right? There is a team calling themselves the White Sox? How unoriginal! Does Boston know about this? Anyway, tell Selig that they made a mistake, the Indians are playing the Red Sox in their first game because America loves the Sox. They just won another World Series! Yippee!"

MarySwiss
11-22-2005, 06:11 PM
ESPN programming exec: "Rings? What rings? We want to showcase the Cleveland Indians, the best team in the American outside of Boston and New York. Can someone get Selig the Lapdog on the phone? It seems the, what is the name of this team?....White Sox....Hey! Is this right? There is a team calling themselves the White Sox? How unoriginal! Does Boston know about this? Anyway, tell Selig that they made a mistake, the Indians are playing the Red Sox in their first game because America loves the Sox. They just won another World Series! Yippee!"

:rolling:

STOP IT!!!!

chisoxmike
11-22-2005, 06:16 PM
ESPN programming exec: "Rings? What rings? We want to showcase the Cleveland Indians, the best team in the American outside of Boston and New York. Can someone get Selig the Lapdog on the phone? It seems the, what is the name of this team?....White Sox....Hey! Is this right? There is a team calling themselves the White Sox? How unoriginal! Does Boston know about this? Anyway, tell Selig that they made a mistake, the Indians are playing the Red Sox in their first game because America loves the Sox. They just won another World Series! Yippee!"

Oh yeah, and don't forget how the Cubs and the Indians are now the teams with the longest droughts in MLB. We can do up a story on beautiful Wrigley Field. Oh wait... lets move the game there!!!!! Oh my! What a treat!

DumpJerry
11-22-2005, 06:17 PM
:rolling:

STOP IT!!!!
The sad part is that these statements were really made......:wink:

kjkobs
11-22-2005, 08:41 PM
While whitesox.com still has the original schedule posted, the the schedule on the tribe's homepage has the opener @ USCF listed as Sunday 4/2 @ 8pm (EST) and the other two games moved up a day to Tues 4/4 and Weds 4/5 (both 2pm EST starts)

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cle/schedule/tentative_2006_season_schedule.jsp

DumpJerry
11-22-2005, 08:53 PM
While whitesox.com still has the original schedule posted, the the schedule on the tribe's homepage has the opener @ USCF listed as Sunday 4/2 @ 8pm (EST) and the other two games moved up a day to Tues 4/4 and Weds 4/5 (both 2pm EST starts)

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cle/schedule/tentative_2006_season_schedule.jsp
The Tribe's webmaster is better rested. He did not have much to do since October 2nd.

ChiSoxGirl
11-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Well, this is good and bad for me. I allocated my second of two personal days (the other one went for the Ticker Tape Parade :wink:) for April 3, but it appears as though it won't be needed for Opening Day anymore... assuming I have tickets! As much as I hate winter and cold weather, the thought of sitting outside for several hours on an early April night- at Comiskey Park no less- suddenly doesn't sound like such a terrible thing.

On the other hand, I guess I could use that other personal day for Tuesday the 4th, so I can see the WORLD SERIES rings be distributed! What's a girl to do??? :cool:

ChiSoxGirl
11-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah, and don't forget how the Cubs and the Indians are now the teams with the longest droughts in MLB. We can do up a story on beautiful Wrigley Field. Oh wait... lets move the game there!!!!! Oh my! What a treat!

You mean the White Sox aren't America's Sweethearts and Media Darlings??? I guess their World Series merchandise being the third highest selling ever doesn't deem them worthy of such a title to be bistowed upon them!

chisoxfan83
11-22-2005, 09:14 PM
this is great news!!! I just hope it falls under the weekend package now i know its wishful thinking but one can still wish.:D:

Fake Chet Lemon
11-22-2005, 09:22 PM
They are showing this game so that the Executive of the Year award can be presented (I debated the teal color). That still makes me dry-heave when I think about it and Kenny's screw job.

chisoxmike
11-22-2005, 10:27 PM
this is great news!!! I just hope it falls under the weekend package now i know its wishful thinking but one can still wish.:D:

There will be a lot of pissed off hit & run buyers if that is the case, myself included.

hanger
11-22-2005, 10:55 PM
The official website has now updated their .pdf version of the season schedule with the new changes:

http://whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/y2006/schedules/2006_cws_schedule.pdf

IggyD
11-22-2005, 11:47 PM

Here is a link to the New Sox Schedule with the change "New Schedule" (http://whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/y2006/schedules/2006_cws_schedule.pdf)

Sox35th
11-23-2005, 02:53 AM
Whats the official word.......I am a 27 game plan holder for the "weekday" package. Do I still get Sunday's opening day game or just Tuesdays game?

Dose anyone have the true answer to this question?

World Champs in 2006 our Sox!!:wink:

Hitmen77
11-23-2005, 09:16 AM
I really hope ESPN has Chris Berman as the broadcaster on opening day! I can only image what he'll say:

Welcome to Chicago for a matchup against the best team in the majors - the Indians - and the team that disappointed sooo many Red Sox fans last fall - the White Sox.
....the story this season in the AL will be the Indians as they join the Yankees and the Red Sox as the elite teams of the league.
....the Indians now join the Cubs as America's most beloved championship drought teams. The Indians assume that title from the Red Sox, who won it all 2 seasons ago for the first time since 1918.
....wow, a rare sellout here on the south side of Chicago. I bet fans don't even recognize this park without 30,000 empty seats.
....(skip to the top 9th, 2 outs, Sox winning 3-1). Strike three! Oh what a disappointment for Indians fans to see their team lose on opening day after such high expectation leading up to this season. Don't worry folks, there are still 161 games left and we fully expect the Indians to be right up there with the Yanks, Red Sox, Angels and A's fighting for a playoff spot some September.

I don't think "teal" is enough to show my sarcasm....I really hope ESPN broadcasts alot of White Sox games next year!

IggyD
11-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Whats the official word.......I am a 27 game plan holder for the "weekday" package. Do I still get Sunday's opening day game or just Tuesdays game?

Dose anyone have the true answer to this question?

World Champs in 2006 our Sox!!:wink:

I emailed my rep on that very question. I have the 27 game weekend package...I am wondering if now I get the Sunday game instead of Game 2. Which I hope will happen.

SoxFan78
11-23-2005, 10:02 AM
I really hope ESPN has Chris Berman as the broadcaster on opening day! I can only image what he'll say:

Welcome to Chicago for a matchup against the best team in the majors - the Indians - and the team that disappointed sooo many Red Sox fans last fall - the White Sox.
....the story this season in the AL will be the Indians as they join the Yankees and the Red Sox as the elite teams of the league.
....the Indians now join the Cubs as America's most beloved championship drought teams. The Indians assume that title from the Red Sox, who won it all 2 seasons ago for the first time since 1918.
....wow, a rare sellout here on the south side of Chicago. I bet fans don't even recognize this park without 30,000 empty seats.
....(skip to the top 9th, 2 outs, Sox winning 3-1). Strike three! Oh what a disappointment for Indians fans to see their team lose on opening day after such high expectation leading up to this season. Don't worry folks, there are still 161 games left and we fully expect the Indians to be right up there with the Yanks, Red Sox, Angels and A's fighting for a playoff spot some September.

I don't think "teal" is enough to show my sarcasm....I really hope ESPN broadcasts alot of White Sox games next year!

I can see Chris Berman saying after every Cleveland strike out....

OH NOOOO

ewokpelts
11-23-2005, 12:53 PM
opening night still part of hit and run package....

Dolly
11-23-2005, 01:03 PM
opening night still part of hit and run package....Is this confirmed, or is this your opinion? For some reason my emails to my ticket rep are not going through....

NorthSideSox72
11-23-2005, 01:13 PM

Confirmed, talked to my rep too. We have the Hit and Run, and we still have opening day.

Law11
11-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the Info. Good to kow I'll need my thermals that night.

mantis1212
11-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Question:

Do the current world champs always play on "Opening Night" of the season? i just realized Boston played last year, not sure if the Marlins played in 2004...

ShoelessJoeS
11-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Question:

Do the current world champs always play on "Opening Night" of the season? i just realized Boston played last year, not sure if the Marlins played in 2004...
I was wondering the same thing, but I doubt that is the case. If we were playing Detroit or Kansas City opening day, I highly doubt that ESPN would pick up that game, but rather play some east coast game instead. Nonetheless, I can't wait to see the flag raising, an updated Cell, and Buerhle throw another shutout on opening day!

:bandance:

Fenway
11-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Question:

no in 2004 it was Boston @ Baltimore

BTW you won't see Red Sox/ Yankees for awhile in 2006 as they don't meet until May and don't meet on a weekend until August.

The Boston game at Chicago on July 9th is listed as an ESPN Sunday game here

Kogs35
11-23-2005, 03:04 PM
no in 2004 it was Boston @ Baltimore

BTW you won't see Red Sox/ Yankees for awhile in 2006 as they don't meet until May and don't meet on a weekend until August.

The Boston game at Chicago on July 9th is listed as an ESPN Sunday game here

i figured that when the schedule came out

chisoxmike
11-23-2005, 03:58 PM
Good. Thanks for checking Gene.

Fabs
11-23-2005, 04:20 PM
I cut my ski trip one day short to come back for opening day on Monday! Now I'll be on a plane for game 1. Yikes! Snow in Steamboat, or snow at Comiskey, how to choose? When does all this become officially official so I can rebook my vacation?:o:

DumpJerry
11-23-2005, 04:37 PM
I cut my ski trip one day short to come back for opening day on Monday! Now I'll be on a plane for game 1. Yikes! Snow in Steamboat, or snow at Comiskey, how to choose? When does all this become officially official so I can rebook my vacation?:o:
Steamboat huh? I'm there in February-leading my ski club's trip there. My club is in Vail March 30th through April 3rd, that is why I can't go to Vail.

It's been snowing like mad in Colorado this year already, should be a good winter!

I think the schedule change is official. It's on the Indians' website.

MeteorsSox4367
11-23-2005, 05:26 PM
And I was all set for Opening Day to be on April 3, my birthday. Oh, well - this is what you have to put up with when your team wins the World Series :)

CHEESESOXER
11-24-2005, 08:29 PM
If anyone can't make it to the games, I'll be more than glad to see that your tickets don't go to waste.:smile:

SOXSINCE'70
11-25-2005, 09:34 AM
I can see Chris Berman saying after every Cleveland strike out....

OH NOOOO

Every time the fake "Swami" does that,he sounds like this loser:
:santo
"OH NOOOOO!"

VenturaSoxFan23
11-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Ah shoot, thanks MLB for changing the date. Guess they negelcted to note WrestleMania 22 is in AllState Arena Sunday night, where I'll be instead of USCF.
:angry:

Hangar18
11-27-2005, 05:51 PM
ESPN programming exec: "Rings? What rings? We want to showcase the Cleveland Indians, the best team in the American League outside of Boston and New York. Can someone get Selig the Lapdog on the phone? It seems the, what is the name of this team?....White Sox....Hey! Is this right? There is a team calling themselves the White Sox? How unoriginal! Does Boston know about this? Anyway, tell Selig that they made a mistake, the Indians are playing the Red Sox in their first game because America loves the Sox. They just won another World Series! Yippee!"

YUP, and Look for ESPN to do their Seasoning Opening pre-game special ...
from Wrigley Field. It will be dubbed, its "their turn now"

Palehose13
11-27-2005, 06:13 PM
Ah shoot, thanks MLB for changing the date. Guess they negelcted to note WrestleMania 22 is in AllState Arena Sunday night, where I'll be instead of USCF.
:angry:

Man, you gotta change your priorities? Your going to watch a group of overweight bad actors instead of the Sox? I'm going to have to ask for your Sox fan card back. :cool:

DumpJerry
11-27-2005, 06:14 PM
YUP, and Look for ESPN to do their Seasoning Opening pre-game special ...
from Wrigley Field. It will be dubbed, its "their turn now"
Welcome back (from wherever you were)! We were going to put your picture on the milk cartons next to the cartons with the pics of the Sox' Bullpen from the ALCS......

Hangar18
11-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Welcome back (from wherever you were)! We were going to put your picture on the milk cartons next to the cartons with the pics of the Sox' Bullpen from the ALCS......

Yeah, its good to be back. I have regular access to the internet again.
Got my car wrecked, switched jobs and finally got car fixed, I had a zillion other things on my mind. But you know what? THE SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES ....nothing bothers me anymore :wink: Well, nothing that is except the cub-loving media.

DumpJerry
11-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Yeah, its good to be back. I have regular access to the internet again.
Got my car wrecked, switched jobs and finally got car fixed, I had a zillion other things on my mind. But you know what? THE SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES ....nothing bothers me anymore :wink: Well, nothing that is except the cub-loving media.
Hey man, don't worry about the media, we won without them this year and will next year. We don't need a bunch of jock wannabes telling us that the Sox are golden, we know that already. Flub fans don't know what happened during the game unless the Cubune or ESPN tells them.

Hope you're ok after the car wreck, not hurt?

kevin57
11-27-2005, 10:43 PM
:tealpolice:

:rolling: I think this post has the most teal I've seen.

DenverSock
11-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Well, at least I'll get to flip back and forth between Comcast sports and ESPN to compare; that's always fun.:redneck :redneck

Kogs35
11-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Well, at least I'll get to flip back and forth between Comcast sports and ESPN to compare; that's always fun.:redneck :redneck

FYI

The World Champion Chicago White Sox will host Cleveland in ESPN2's Opening Night Sunday Night Baseball telecast April 2 at 8 p.m. The exclusive, national telecast will mark the start of ESPN's 17th consecutive year of televising MLB.

No comcast for this game, just espn

longshot7
11-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Man, you gotta change your priorities? Your going to watch a group of overweight bad actors instead of the Sox? I'm going to have to ask for your Sox fan card back. :cool:

Overweight bad actors? Guess you haven't watched recently....

I'll be at WM22 too. Good thing the ring ceremony is at game 2.

gf2020
11-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Would you all like to Aaron attend the festivities? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love Aaron and what he did for this team, but I hated when Lowe showed up opening day in Boston after signing with the Dodgers. I think he even put back on a Boston uniform, which was just ridiculous to me at the time.

Fenway
11-28-2005, 04:29 PM
FYI

No comcast for this game, just espn

The last 2 years, Boston has been on the opening game and NESN carried it in New England and last year YES in NY.

So it probably will be on Comcast

Dolly
11-28-2005, 04:34 PM
Would you all like to Aaron attend the festivities? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love Aaron and what he did for this team, but I hated when Lowe showed up opening day in Boston after signing with the Dodgers. I think he even put back on a Boston uniform, which was just ridiculous to me at the time.Of course Aaron should be there, if at all possible. He earned that ring just as much as any other guy on the team. It's not his fault he was traded... he has said he wanted to finish his career with the Sox.

Palehose13
11-28-2005, 04:37 PM

Yeah, I'm going to have to take a pass on watching pro wrestling. By overweight, I didn't necessarily meaned fat. Most are overweight because of ridiculous body mass.

Kogs35
11-28-2005, 04:44 PM
The last 2 years, Boston has been on the opening game and NESN carried it in New England and last year YES in NY.

So it probably will be on Comcast

not with the new deal espn signed with mlb.

WinOrDyeTrying
11-28-2005, 07:00 PM
CHICAGO -- The World Series champion Chicago White Sox will play the major league season opener on Sunday, April 2 against the Cleveland Indians.

The game, which starts at 8 p.m. EDT, will be televised by ESPN2. The White Sox and Indians, originally set to play April 3, 5 and 6, will instead finish their series on April 4 and 5.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2239649

TheDarkGundam
11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
The game, which starts at 8 p.m. EDT, will be televised by ESPN2. The White Sox and Indians, originally set to play April 3, 5 and 6, will instead finish their series on April 4 and 5.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2239649

I'm assuming this is on ESPN2 because ESPN1 will be showing 2005 season highlights from the Red Sox and Yankees.

Gavin
11-28-2005, 07:39 PM
I want ESPN/Fox National coverage or nothing.

DumpJerry
11-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm assuming this is on ESPN2 because ESPN1 will be showing 2005 season highlights from the Red Sox and Yankees.
:tealpolice:

Kogs35
11-28-2005, 08:09 PM

actually its the 2006 ncaa womens final four lol

chisoxmike
11-28-2005, 08:22 PM
Got this in my e-mail from my ST rep. THIS IS TO END ALL SPECULATION:

Information concerning season ticket holders purchasing additional tickets
(including Opening Day & Sox/Cubs) will be available at a later date and will be
before the public on-sale date. Also, this change will not change any games in
our split season plans. Hit & Run plan holders (weekday) will still receive
Opening Day (now Sunday April 2nd) and Double-Play (weekend) plan holders will
receive the Tuesday April 4th game as their one weekday game.

Sox-on-TV44
11-29-2005, 11:13 AM
actually its the 2006 ncaa womens final four lol

Title 9,DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!

VenturaSoxFan23
11-29-2005, 11:15 AM

My sentiments exactly. WM tickets went on sale before there was any knowledge the Sox would advance as far as they did.

I'll be at the park for Games 2 & 3. :D:

Anyway, my Sox card is etched on my arm. :tongue:

fuzzy_patters
11-29-2005, 11:19 AM
ESPN's Cold Pizza just reported that ESPN's baseball coverage will debut with the White Sox and Indians on April 2 on ESPN2.

anewman35
11-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Hmm. Does this mean that Gene Honda won't have to miss any games for the final four this year?

Kogs35
11-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Hmm. Does this mean that Gene Honda won't have to miss any games for the final four this year?

the final four is in indy, so if his schedule allows it he can go back after sat night games do the sox on sunday then go back to indy sun night for monday then

Palehose13
11-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Title 9,DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!

Careful there, buddy.

ESPN, ESPN2 what's the difference? It's going to be on national TV.

OzzyTrain
12-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Anyone know what they had planed for game 3 vs. clevland ?