PDA

View Full Version : First time poster

TheGipper
12-17-2001, 06:09 PM
I have been a Sox fun for over 20 years now and I have to admit I don't understand the trade we just made with Pirates. Granted, Kip has taken awhile to get where he is now but I don't see how Ritchie is going to be any better. Plus, give them the other two guys as well just blows me away!

Kip for Ritchie is more like it and even then it doesn't excite me. I don't think the Sox have a chance at Giles now. From the reports I read the one player that the Pirates wanted from the Sox was Wells. Now that they have him, why would they trade now?

In all Honesty, Giles would be great but I don't think we really need another bat in the lineup. It wouldn't hurt but starting pitching is a must, but only if it improves the rotation. I don't think this trade did.

RichH55
12-17-2001, 06:16 PM
Welcome abroad! Play your cards right and you will be a regular in no time, though I think Ritchie might surprise you this year, but I think Kip will surprise KW as well

:KW
You mean players can get better once they are in the majors? Wow, when I came up I was mediocre and I did my best to stay that way

Cheers and Welcome Aboard :gulp:

Jjav829
Welcome to WSI TheGipper!

Personally I like the move. We have a lot of young pitchers, and Kip simply wore out his chances to prove himself. However, I will miss having Lowe but KW clearly didn't like him.

I would like to have Giles, but I don't think we have to have him. I still think our offense will be good with or without Giles. I would almost rather have Erstad who is a good leadoff hitter. We have enough guys to drive in runs. What we need is a guy who can get on for our other guys. But that said, Im glad the trade didn't go through because I definately think we were giving up too much.

OfficerKarkovice
Welcome Gipper

Spiff
12-17-2001, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by TheGipper
I have been a Sox fun for over 20 years now and I have to admit I don't understand the trade we just made with Pirates. Granted, Kip has taken awhile to get where he is now but I don't see how Ritchie is going to be any better. Plus, give them the other two guys as well just blows me away!

Kip for Ritchie is more like it and even then it doesn't excite me. I don't think the Sox have a chance at Giles now. From the reports I read the one player that the Pirates wanted from the Sox was Wells. Now that they have him, why would they trade now?

In all Honesty, Giles would be great but I don't think we really need another bat in the lineup. It wouldn't hurt but starting pitching is a must, but only if it improves the rotation. I don't think this trade did.

Welcome to WSI, Gipper :cool:

Good point but I guess they are trying to win now and they thought this trade helped that.

We do have alot of bats and I wouldn't mind Giles but like you said it would be nice to shore up the rotation a little more.

Spiff
12-17-2001, 06:18 PM
Damn four people in two minutes.

We stumble over each other to roll out the welcome wagon don't we.

Jerry_Manuel
12-17-2001, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

I found it funny. Atleast you beat West, Sox00.

Giles doesn't want to come here so don't blame Williams for not getting him.

FarWestChicago
12-17-2001, 06:20 PM
Welcome to WSI, Gipper! :gulp:

I'm glad to see everybody else trying to beat me to it. :smile:

FarWestChicago
12-17-2001, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I found it funny. Atleast you beat West, Sox00.West has a job that he needs to pay for the board software that you don't like. :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
12-17-2001, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
West has a job that he needs to pay for the board software that you don't like. :smile:

I love the software but your making to many minor changes for my liking. But it's your board so you can do whatever you like. :smile:

I thought we agreed that you wouldn't let your job get in the way of your board work. :D:

GASHWOUND
12-17-2001, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by TheGipper

Whats up, I'm me and welcome :smile:
I think cause the players we gave away are Sox players that we think we gave tomuch. While 'Burg probaby thinks we gave to little. But you're right, we gave 1 pitcher to much.
And like Jer said, Giles doesn't want to come here.

GASHWOUND
12-17-2001, 07:35 PM
Damn four people in two minutes.

Yep

Soxheads
12-17-2001, 07:47 PM
Welcome to WSI! Be sure to do the bowl contest, Link in my sig!

LongDistanceFan
12-17-2001, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Whats up, I'm me and welcome :smile:
I think cause the players we gave away are Sox players that we think we gave tomuch. While 'Burg probaby thinks we gave to little. But you're right, we gave 1 pitcher to much.
And like Jer said, Giles doesn't want to come here. i do not like the compression of the post. welcome aboard

btw who is the girl............ rrrrrr

Spiff
12-17-2001, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i do not like the compression of the post. welcome aboard

btw who is the girl............ rrrrrr

Quote JM, creator of said sig;

"Kristi Myst, she is involved in wrestling. I believe a company based in California. I'm not positive but I think she is also involved in the adult movie industry."

LongDistanceFan
12-17-2001, 10:17 PM

Quote JM, creator of said sig;

"Kristi Myst, she is involved in wrestling. I believe a company based in California. I'm not positive but I think she is also involved in the adult movie industry." she looks a little like miriah carey(sp) but prettier.