PDA

View Full Version : When will all the trades/signings really start?

SOecks
11-21-2005, 04:54 PM
I know there has been a couple of small moves, but when will things really start to pick up? I'm just looking forward to the time when our team is pretty much set so I can start getting ready for Pitchers and Catchers reporting.

kjhanson
11-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Everything will happen two weeks from now at the Winter Meetings. I believe the meetings start December 3rd. From what I've read, there is supposed to be A LOT of player movement this winter and it will all coincide with the meetings.

Randar68
11-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Everything will happen two weeks from now at the Winter Meetings. I believe the meetings start December 3rd. From what I've read, there is supposed to be A LOT of player movement this winter and it will all coincide with the meetings.

I think a lot of things will start happenning after the arbitration deadline. The Winter Meetings will start the trade winds blowing, but the FA's will really start getting signed after the arb. deadline.

soxfanatlanta
11-21-2005, 09:40 PM

Grab some popcorn, it's gonna be a fun, entertaining winter!

mcfish
11-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Grab some popcorn, it's gonna be a fun, entertaining winter!it better be, after the most boring trade deadline ever.

Optipessimism
11-22-2005, 12:15 AM
it better be, after the most boring trade deadline ever.

It will. What happens when you combine a terrible FA market with the fact that Boston and the Yanks both couldn't make it past the first round of the playoffs? An explosion of activity. Lots of big payroll teams disappointed, and lots of smaller market teams will sell them what they need at very high prices. Should be fun.

The Wall
11-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Florida looks like a fire sale agent. Beckett and Lowell gone...Pierre, Castillo and Delgado can be gone before january rolls around.

TDog
11-22-2005, 02:49 AM
In recent years, but not leading into this year, the big off-season Sox trades have happened in January. David Wells and Bartolo Colon both came in mid-January.

But look out for the Dec. 13. That was date the White Sox acquired Todd Ritchie and a few years later dealt Carlos Lee.

mcfish
11-22-2005, 02:26 PM
In recent years, but not leading into this year, the big off-season Sox trades have happened in January. David Wells and Bartolo Colon both came in mid-January.

But look out for the Dec. 13. That was date the White Sox acquired Todd Ritchie and a few years later dealt Carlos Lee.So just when I thought Dec. 13 couldn't get any dumber, it goes and does something like this... and totally redeems itself!

SOecks
11-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Ha, great Dumb and Dumber reference. I guess I asked this question a bit early though and now we get to mull over this possible Thome deal for a bit.