PDA

View Full Version : e-mail from Brooks

Fenway
11-21-2005, 03:11 PM
I asked him about the uniforms that showed up on the Chicago Baseball Museum site and about the rings being given at the SECOND home game.

Brooks Boyer to me
1:34 pm (1Ĺ hours ago)
Donít know where the uniform designs came from. I have no idea why this is on their site. Those are not any uniforms we have seen.

Rings will most likely be game two.

Tekijawa
11-21-2005, 03:16 PM
I got Game 2 in my Double Play Package!!!! YES!!!!

Still need to get the opening Day ones though!

Unregistered
11-21-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm sure Ol' Brooks LOVES the 1200 emails he's gotten asking about the uniform re-design that isn't... :D:

Fenway
11-21-2005, 03:20 PM
I also asked him if there was any plan to raffle World Series rings like Boston did

His reply

http://mail.google.com/mail/images/star_off_sm_2.gif Brooks Boyer to me
3:10 pm (10 minutes ago)
We are talking about it.

Brooks

patbooyah
11-21-2005, 03:24 PM
i asked him what he was having for thanksgiving...

We are talking about it. Probably some sort of large bird with some sort of bread concoction put inside of it. also being considered: potatoes, green beans, pretzel jello.

Fenway
11-21-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm sure Ol' Brooks LOVES the 1200 emails he's gotten asking about the uniform re-design that isn't... :D:

I'm sure he is overjoyed to be getting 1200 emails on ANYTHING White Sox in November

Smart move on the rings. As someone who remembers how empty the Cell was for Games 2 and 3 last year it wil be nice to see big crowds in April.

The way White Sox World Series stuff has been selling has been a happy eyeopener for the White Sox and MLB.....they are doing 5 times what Anaheim did in 2002 and ten times what the Marlins did in 2003.

cheeses_h_rice
11-21-2005, 03:27 PM

We are talking about it. Probably some sort of large bird with some sort of bread concoction put inside of it. also being considered: potatoes, green beans, pretzel jello.

Post of the week.

Unregistered
11-21-2005, 03:30 PM

We are talking about it. Probably some sort of large bird with some sort of bread concoction put inside of it. also being considered: potatoes, green beans, pretzel jello.Check and mate.

ewokpelts
11-21-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm sure he is overjoyed to be getting 1200 emails on ANYTHING White Sox in November

Smart move on the rings. As someone who remembers how empty the Cell was for Games 2 and 3 last year it wil be nice to see big crowds in April.

The way White Sox World Series stuff has been selling has been a happy eyeopener for the White Sox and MLB.....they are doing 5 times what Anaheim did in 2002 and ten times what the Marlins did in 2003.even without teh ring ceremony, i think game 2/3 will sell well.....all weekend plan holders have game 2 on their plan(as the one non-weekend date) and ozzi eplan holders will have to order an opening series game.
Gene

Tekijawa
11-21-2005, 03:36 PM
all weekend plan holders have game 2 on their plan(as the one non-weekend date) and ozzi eplan holders will have to order an opening series game.
Gene

Do you think that they will still have seats available for Game 3 for the Ozzie plan holders? Good luck everyone!

munchman33
11-21-2005, 03:37 PM

Pat that was awesome. You had me laughing so much food came out of my mouth. :D:

ewokpelts
11-21-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm sure Ol' Brooks LOVES the 1200 emails he's gotten asking about the uniform re-design that isn't... :D: where's did thsi rumor start?
Gene

Baby Fisk
11-21-2005, 03:43 PM
where's did thsi rumor start?
Gene
From this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62493) in What's The Score. Thankfully, Brooks has denounced the idea of a uniform change. Nothing to panic about.

Iwritecode
11-21-2005, 03:45 PM

The way White Sox World Series stuff has been selling has been a happy eyeopener for the White Sox and MLB.....they are doing 5 times what Anaheim did in 2002 and ten times what the Marlins did in 2003.

But... but... but this was the lowest-rated world series ever! Nobody cares about the White Sox! They can't even sell out all their games!

TomBradley72
11-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Smart move on the rings. As someone who remembers how empty the Cell was for Games 2 and 3 last year it wil be nice to see big crowds in April..

Between expanded season ticket sales/game 2 being part of the "Double Play Plan":cool: /overflow demand for Opening Day and the ring ceremony....could we be looking at a sell out for the 2nd game of the year? I'm pretty sure that has NEVER happened in the history of the franchise.

patbooyah
11-21-2005, 03:56 PM
fenway - please don't take my post personally. i love you, man!

Fenway
11-21-2005, 03:58 PM
fenway - please don't take my post personally. i love you, man!

LOL actually my dinner plans are the same as Brooks :D:

HotelWhiteSox
11-21-2005, 04:21 PM
I still say do it on Opening Day, I just don't think filling the seats will be an issue next year?

Dolly
11-21-2005, 05:28 PM

We are talking about it. Probably some sort of large bird with some sort of bread concoction put inside of it. also being considered: potatoes, green beans, pretzel jello.:rolling:

I asked him about the uniforms that showed up on the Chicago Baseball Museum site and about the rings being given at the SECOND home game.

Brooks Boyer to me
1:34 pm (1Ĺ hours ago)
Donít know where the uniform designs came from. I have no idea why this is on their site. Those are not any uniforms we have seen.

Rings will most likely be game two.

In all seriousness though.... this is causing me to panic. I have opening day in my package and thought it was all going to be done then.... I don't have game 2. If the ring ceremony is going to be game 2, then I will HAVE to go!!!! I hope tickets won't be hard to come by.... and I also hope it's not a day game. I am already pushing it with days I have taken off this school year due to the ALDS/ALCS/WS/rally/hangovers, and the year is only 1/4 over!!! No wonder our public schools have problems... :wink:

SoxFan78
11-21-2005, 05:51 PM
:rolling:

In all seriousness though.... this is causing me to panic. I have opening day in my package and thought it was all going to be done then.... I don't have game 2. If the ring ceremony is going to be game 2, then I will HAVE to go!!!! I hope tickets won't be hard to come by.... and I also hope it's not a day game. I am already pushing it with days I have taken off this school year due to the ALDS/ALCS/WS/rally/hangovers, and the year is only 1/4 over!!! No wonder our public schools have problems... :wink:

As far as getting tickets, I wouldnt panic too much about that. Usually the Sox have a small crowd for the game after opening day, but it could be different this year if they are handing rings out.

As far as the game time, sorry to say, in the past it has always been a day game.

Dolly
11-21-2005, 06:13 PM
As far as getting tickets, I wouldnt panic too much about that. Usually the Sox have a small crowd for the game after opening day, but it could be different this year if they are handing rings out.

As far as the game time, sorry to say, in the past it has always been a day game. I know, that's why I'm concerned. Why can't they make it a night game, like opening day was in 2000? Or at least late afternoon.... *sigh*

Iwritecode
11-21-2005, 07:02 PM
I know, that's why I'm concerned. Why can't they make it a night game, like opening day was in 2000? Or at least late afternoon.... *sigh*

Because April nights in Chicago are about 20 degrees.

You don't want 30,000 people suing them because they caught a cold while at the game do you? :wink:

dpbyron
11-21-2005, 07:52 PM

Classic :rolling:

Dolly
11-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Because April nights in Chicago are about 20 degrees.

You don't want 30,000 people suing them because they caught a cold while at the game do you? :wink:Not always! As I recall, we had very nice, 70-ish weather on opening night in 2000.

And besides, Sox fans are not wusses. :cool:

Fenway
11-22-2005, 01:25 PM
I think it was 1982 but the White Sox had opening night with the Baltimore and I *recall* it was a doubleheader.

That was the year heavy snow hit the east and midwest and teams returned to Florida to wait.

We were in the upper deck huddled under blankets it was COLD

Nancy played all the right songs

Jingle Bell Rock
White Christmas
Winter Wonderland

http://retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B04171CHA1982.htm

MUsoxfan
11-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Not always! As I recall, we had very nice, 70-ish weather on opening night in 2000.

And besides, Sox fans are not wusses. :cool:

I recall a couple Opening Days ago when it was 40 with severe storms, then I went up to Milwaukee and ran head-first into a blizzard. While there are some nice days in early April, it's more miss than hit

Iwritecode
11-22-2005, 01:43 PM
I think it was 1982 but the White Sox had opening night with the Baltimore and I *recall* it was a doubleheader.

That was the year heavy snow hit the east and midwest and teams returned to Florida to wait.

We were in the upper deck huddled under blankets it was COLD

Nancy played all the right songs

Jingle Bell Rock
White Christmas
Winter Wonderland

http://retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B04171CHA1982.htm

Illinois 4 seasons:

almost winter
winter
still winter
construction

:D:

bayzbol44
11-22-2005, 01:59 PM
IF the White Sox do the ceremony during the second game, they are smarter than I thought. They always sell out during the first game. This way, it should be a guarantee a sell out will happen for the second game also.

They should wait to raise the pennant to the third game.

TomBradley72
11-22-2005, 02:58 PM
IF the White Sox do the ceremony during the second game, they are smarter than I thought. They always sell out during the first game. This way, it should be a guarantee a sell out will happen for the second game also.

I think it's also a good service to the fans...all of the "Double Play" season ticket holders...plus all the folks that can't get what will be a very high demand ticket to Opening Day. With the season ticket base expanding...it will be interesting to see what types of tickets will be available when individual games go on sale in late January.

Of course as a "double play" ticket holder...I may be a little biased. :cool:

Dolly
11-22-2005, 03:24 PM
I recall a couple Opening Days ago when it was 40 with severe storms, then I went up to Milwaukee and ran head-first into a blizzard. While there are some nice days in early April, it's more miss than hitTrue... but is that really the reason that they are day games?

MUsoxfan
11-22-2005, 03:34 PM
True... but is that really the reason that they are day games?

I'd have to say so. The Sox prefer night games and the only time they consistently have games during the day is in April. Weather can be a bitch at that time of year

chisoxmike
11-22-2005, 03:41 PM

Eh, they just see an opportunity to make more money. I, personally think its stupid. Ring ceremonies and raising the flag should be done on the first home game. Especially next season since our home opener is opening day. It just makes sense. I'm sure the opening series will hold different events different afternoons to make everyone happy, but, you can't. Unless you have tickets to all 81 home games, someone is going to miss out. Thats why they should stick to what has worked and keep it opening day. But thats just me.

Iwritecode
11-22-2005, 03:41 PM
True... but is that really the reason that they are day games?

April showers...

kninchicago
11-22-2005, 03:46 PM
If the ring ceremony's the second day, will they do something opening day to honor the WS win? Like raise the flag or do something else?

patbooyah
11-22-2005, 04:29 PM
this is all very interesting, folks, but what about my "post of the week" quality post earlier in this thread?!

Iwritecode
11-22-2005, 05:12 PM
this is all very interesting, folks, but what about my "post of the week" quality post earlier in this thread?!

Sorry, your 15 minutes are up. :cool:

patbooyah
11-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Sorry, your 15 minutes are up. :cool:

i hate you and this stupid website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whiner: :whiner:

Nellie_Fox
11-23-2005, 01:13 AM
Illinois 4 seasons:

almost winter
winter
still winter
construction