PDA

View Full Version : 2005 World Series DVD Premiere Tonight (11/21)

HotelWhiteSox
11-21-2005, 01:29 AM
According to Comcast:

2005 World Series on DVD World Premiere:

Tonight
Loews Cineplex
58 East Oak Street
7:30 PM

The DVD will be released November 29th
----
They were talking to Rowand and Crede, who were at the Bears game, and I guess they'll be at the premiere. I don't think anyone can just go though, since the Loop was giving away seeing this with them two as a prize this past weekend. Apparently, this is what will be shown this Thanksgiving by Comcast. I hope inHD also has an HD version, as they've played the 2004 Red Sox version 550 times

Madvora
11-21-2005, 10:12 AM
A premier at a theatre? That's awesome!
This must be an invitation only thing because that theatre isn't showing anything listed. God that's got to be cool to be there.
I assume that a lot of players aren't even in Chicago anymore.

itsnotrequired
11-21-2005, 10:29 AM
This must be an invitation only thing because that theatre isn't showing anything listed. God that's got to be cool to be there.

Yep, invite only. Not open to the public.:(:

Fake Chet Lemon
11-21-2005, 03:35 PM
I'M GOING, MY SISTER JUST WON TICKETS ON THE SCORE!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Ya-hoooo baby!

Fake Chet Lemon
11-21-2005, 03:36 PM

Rowand and Crede will be there.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051119&content_id=1270489&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

cheeses_h_rice
11-22-2005, 12:48 AM
So, did anyone go tonight?

Channel 7 news just showed about 15 seconds of what looks like the intro, a montage of Podsednik's game-winning homer in Game 2, Rowand and Anderson's reactions, and Rooney's call. Pretty cool.

mike squires
11-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Is this the one that MLB is doing for 20 bucks?

SoxFan76
11-22-2005, 01:02 AM

I was just gonna ask that because that's the one I ordered on October 27th. I'm praying that's the same DVD.

kjkobs
11-22-2005, 01:16 AM

Yes it is (the official MLB one that is released 11/29)

Fake Chet Lemon
11-22-2005, 09:00 AM
It was so awesome to see in a theater, big screen and big sound and all. Also watching it and cheering with a crowd made it even more fantastic! The crowd was really into it, especially hollering at any highlite featuring Rowand and Crede. Just awesome. Some highlights:

* Willie Harris almost steals the show. Hilarious dugout audio of him making fun of Houston players and doing his special own play by play.

* Audio of Aaron Rowand running into a wall at full speed was great. I've always wondered what goes through that nuts mind when he does that. Now I know, he basically says THAT HURTS. Duh! Funny though to hear it (and have him sitting right behind me while I'm watching it).

It focuses mainly on the playoffs, but does touch on the regular season quickly mentioning the race with the Indians and touching on other highlites like the All-Star game. Lots of good sound bites from Frank Thomas throughout the video. Some other cool behind the scenes stuff like driving to a game with AJ. It's only just over an hour, so they bounce in and out of stuff fast.

Jon Garland sat right behind me with his wife, and Aaron Rowand. I shook hands with Rowand, he almost crushed mine. Rowand and Garland both made a quick speech before the movie started and they both signed plenty of autographs. I'm 99% positive Ozzie's son was sitting right in front of me. Watch it Thursday night on Comcast. But they said the DVD has a ton a extra bonus footage we didn't see last night. Can't wait to get mine.

Baby Fisk
11-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Sounds awesome. Thanks for the review! :cheers:

krohnjw
11-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Sounds like a great buy, Is this only available from mlb.com?

salty99
11-22-2005, 11:00 AM
This video will be available everywhere DVD's are sold not just mlb.com

krohnjw
11-22-2005, 11:09 AM
Wonderful :cool:

tacosalbarojas
11-22-2005, 01:41 PM
It was so awesome to see in a theater, big screen and big sound and all. Also watching it and cheering with a crowd made it even more fantastic! The crowd was really into it, especially hollering at any highlite featuring Rowand and Crede. Just awesome. Some highlights:

* Willie Harris almost steals the show. Hilarious dugout audio of him making fun of Houston players and doing his special own play by play.

* Audio of Aaron Rowand running into a wall at full speed was great. I've always wondered what goes through that nuts mind when he does that. Now I know, he basically says THAT HURTS. Duh! Funny though to hear it (and have him sitting right behind me while I'm watching it).

It focuses mainly on the playoffs, but does touch on the regular season quickly mentioning the race with the Indians and touching on other highlites like the All-Star game. Lots of good sound bites from Frank Thomas throughout the video. Some other cool behind the scenes stuff like driving to a game with AJ. It's only just over an hour, so they bounce in and out of stuff fast.

Jon Garland sat right behind me with his wife, and Aaron Rowand. I shook hands with Rowand, he almost crushed mine. Rowand and Garland both made a quick speech before the movie started and they both signed plenty of autographs. I'm 99% positive Ozzie's son was sitting right in front of me. Watch it Thursday night on Comcast. But they said the DVD has a ton a extra bonus footage we didn't see last night. Can't wait to get mine.Thanks for the recap, fake. How the hell did you get to go? Outstanding.

TomBradley72
11-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Heck....if they showed that in movie theaters...I'd pay to see it on a huge screen on top of TIVOing it this Thursday and buying the DVD. They should make an IMAX version!

OK..I'm hyper ventilating....how long until pitchers and catchers report?:cool:

MsSoxVixen22
11-22-2005, 05:54 PM
What channel is it gonna be on Thursday? Comcast I assume and what time? I didn't see it listed in the TV guide. What a way to spend Thanksgiving! :D:

kjkobs
11-22-2005, 06:03 PM
What channel is it gonna be on Thursday? Comcast I assume and what time? I didn't see it listed in the TV guide. What a way to spend Thanksgiving! :D:

Comcast @ 7pm on Thursday

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/WhiteSox%20Holiday%20Celebration.asp

Fake Chet Lemon
11-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the recap, fake. How the hell did you get to go? Outstanding.

My sister won tickets from Mike Murphy (WSCR). It was awesome, because I was so PO'd when I couldn't get through. Then my sister wins 'em!

mike squires
11-23-2005, 12:59 AM
My sister won tickets from Mike Murphy (WSCR). It was awesome, because I was so PO'd when I couldn't get through. Then my sister wins 'em!

So, are you gonna tell us about it?:smile:

MsSoxVixen22
11-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Comcast @ 7pm on Thursday

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/WhiteSox%20Holiday%20Celebration.asp

Thanks! :smile: