PDA

View Full Version : Choo-Choo Sox

kevin57
11-20-2005, 02:14 PM
We've all seen tons of Sox stuff. There's even to be a Waterford crystal Sox ball to be made available in December. But today in the Trib as a pull-over advertisement there's a train with locomotive and cars arrayed in a White Sox logo. Actually, it looks pretty cool.

Obviously, there's no market for the White Sox, though.

At any rate, I think I may be looking at personal bankruptcy at this rate. At least I'll be smiling as my assets are parceled out. :tongue:

SoxSideIrish
11-20-2005, 03:20 PM
i've never been more ok with being broke! :D:

kjkobs
11-20-2005, 03:36 PM
We've all seen tons of Sox stuff. There's even to be a Waterford crystal Sox ball to be made available in December. But today in the Trib as a pull-over advertisement there's a train with locomotive and cars arrayed in a White Sox logo. Actually, it looks pretty cool.

At any rate, I think I may be looking at personal bankruptcy at this rate. At least I'll be smiling as my assets are parceled out. :tongue:

Chicago White Sox™ Major League Baseball® Train Set

http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-49174.jsp

Fake Chet Lemon
11-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Anybody own one yet? If so, what do you think? Will my toddlers destroy it on day one, or is the quality decent?

rwcescato
11-21-2005, 01:31 AM

That ad is always the flubs train set. Its the 1st time that I have seen it be the Sox one. Things are a changing in this city.
Rich:)

eriqjaffe
11-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Anybody own one yet? If so, what do you think? Will my toddlers destroy it on day one, or is the quality decent?I don't have it, but it's HO scale, so it's gonna be pretty delicate. Not toddler-friendly, that's for sure.

daveeym
11-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Makes me want to finally get around to starting my train collection and being one of those train geeks. Loved all that stuff as a kid and my grandparents had a ton of trains from the 50's. They're just so much work and money though.

MrRoboto83
12-03-2005, 08:09 AM
I went ahead and ordered my Sox Train set. I collected trains as a kid, and hope to pick the hobby back up at some point in my life(retirement). In the model train world, you get what you pay, so a train for $70 is not going to be the highest of quality in terms of running, but it is still cool to have for a display. I'll keep everyone posted when this thing arrives.

MrRoboto83
12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Well, I got the first piece of this collection today. The Engine of the train arrived and to my total surprise this is a high quality, I can tell by the weight alone. I can not wait to get the rest of this set. This will be a cool collectors item.

ChiSoxLifer
12-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Chicago White Sox™ Major League Baseball® Train Set

http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-49174.jsp

What a nice set!

Too bad it doesn't have the World Series Champion logo.