PDA

View Full Version : Sox new uniforms unveiled??

paciorek1983
11-20-2005, 12:26 AM
http://www.chicagobaseballmuseum.org/index.html

What is this crap? They look awful!:whiner:

comiskey2000
11-20-2005, 12:33 AM
hmm...this seems very fishy

dugwood31
11-20-2005, 12:34 AM
That's random.

paciorek1983
11-20-2005, 12:35 AM
hmm...this seems very fishy

Well, it looks like it's just a concept from an MLB redseign project, now that I read the fine print. But it honestly turned my stomach and I almost wanted to cry if they were truly going with that look.

Mendoza Line
11-20-2005, 12:37 AM
I don't think that's real.

1. You just don't mess with perfection.
2. Don't replace perfection with crap.

RadioheadRocks
11-20-2005, 12:37 AM

I'm sincerely hoping this is a sick, calendar-challenged April Fools joke... why on earth would the White Sox want to do away with the classiest uniforms in the game (not to mention their classic Old English script logo)??? :dunno:

gowhitesox
11-20-2005, 12:38 AM
I don't believe a bit of it. I will believe it when it comes from the Chicago White Sox and not some museum.

ndu3t4
11-20-2005, 12:39 AM
This can't be right. The headline on the Sox' website is an advertisement for the dvd.

If this is real though, I like the concept of bringing back the flying sock, but the unis are butt-ugly

SOX LA Mikey
11-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Obviously some artist's concept and certianly not Official

No way they're going to change now, and certianly not to that Crap
Just say Never Again to a 'C' on the cap

KRS1
11-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Quick someone e-mail Brooks this crapola.

PAPChiSox729
11-20-2005, 12:48 AM
That is not real. No way.

kjkobs
11-20-2005, 12:53 AM
ugh, pass the Pepto...

SOX LA Mikey
11-20-2005, 12:56 AM
I mean just look at that Logo, a size 18 foot wearing a crew sock? Bat wings?
and the ball in the backround, from the 1800's? Give me a break

the heading should read :
Here's our goofball concept for a Sox uniform change that will never happen

reminds me of the contest that was held to replace Veeck's CHICAGO
pullovers with the Astro style softball uniforms.

paciorek1983
11-20-2005, 01:03 AM

Yeah I remember that contest. At the time, I thought they had some pretty cool designs for that contest, but now when I look back on it, they were really bad.

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-20-2005, 01:11 AM
I read on another board that the White Sox are going to have a new alternative jersey according to the 2006 MLB Style Guide, which will not be unveiled until 1/27/06.

kjkobs
11-20-2005, 01:12 AM

or those "turn-ahead the clock" jerseys in 1999 where they wore the "futuristic" jerseys that had the player names running north/south on the jersey

RadioheadRocks
11-20-2005, 01:15 AM
or those "turn-ahead the clock" game (back in the kip wells era) where they wore the "futuristic" jerseys that had the player names running north/south on the jersey

I've heard a lot about that "Turn Ahead The Clock" futuristic promotion, and after doing endless Google searches I found lots of articles on it but (curiously) NO photographs from it!!! I'll bet someone up there must have filed all remnants of that promotion along with Alanis Morissette's first two Canada-only CDs (when she was "the Canadian Debbie Gibson"). :D:

oeo
11-20-2005, 01:20 AM
I've heard a lot about that "Turn Ahead The Clock" futuristic promotion, and after doing endless Google searches I found lots of articles on it but (curiously) NO photographs from it!!! I'll bet someone up there must have filed all remnants of that promotion along with Alanis Morissette's first two Canada-only CDs (when she was "the Canadian Debbie Gibson"). :D:

http://www-ni.laprensa.com.ni/cronologico/2002/febrero/23/deportes/deportes-20020223-08.jpg http://www.angelfire.com/blues/new_yorker/images/Phillies.jpg

RadioheadRocks
11-20-2005, 01:21 AM
http://www-ni.laprensa.com.ni/cronologico/2002/febrero/23/deportes/deportes-20020223-08.jpg

YIKES!!! No wonder the pix are so rare!!!

kjkobs
11-20-2005, 01:23 AM

Here's a link to some of those "masterpieces"
http://www.angelfire.com/blues/new_yorker/TATC.html

sadly, i couldn't find one with the back of the Sox jersey

SOX LA Mikey
11-20-2005, 01:23 AM
or those "turn-ahead the clock" jerseys in 1999 where they wore the "futuristic" jerseys that had the player names running north/south on the jersey

Oh those were Horrible,
I remember remarking at the time
"does this mean in the future nobody will have any taste?"

oeo
11-20-2005, 01:24 AM
YIKES!!! No wonder the pix are so rare!!!

I actually just found quite a few now at:

http://www.angelfire.com/blues/new_yorker/TATC.html

EDIT: Blah, beat to it.

TheOldRoman
11-20-2005, 01:25 AM
Oh those were Horrible,
I remember remarking at the time
"does this mean in the future nobody will have any taste?"
Well, if you have seen the Blue Jays jerseys, and every NFL jersey designed since 1997 other than the Texans, you will know that sadly you were right.

RadioheadRocks
11-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Well I guess I asked for it! But actually that Brewers cap with the Beer Barrel Man on it is pretty cool!

http://www.angelfire.com/blues/new_yorker/images/TATC_cap.jpg

paciorek1983
11-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Just got a response from Brooks Boyer on the whole situation---can you believe it at this time of night?

Don't know what those things were about. We are not changing uniforms. Why mess with such a good thing? Whoever designed them must have had some extra time and someone should let that person know we just won the WS wearing classic uniforms. Brooks

RadioheadRocks
11-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Just got a response from Brooks Boyer on the whole situation---can you believe it at this time of night?

Don't know what those things were about. We are not changing uniforms. Why mess with such a good thing? Whoever designed them must have had some extra time and someone should let that person know we just won the WS wearing classic uniforms. Brooks

Brooks, you da MAN!!! :bandance:

KRS1
11-20-2005, 01:34 AM

Ure not kidding r u? If this is 4 real, Brooks is THE MAN!!

paciorek1983
11-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Ure not kidding r u? If this is 4 real, Brooks is THE MAN!!

I'm not kidding. Brooks always responds to my email. I can't believe he did it so quickly tho. He must have access to his email at home. I can't imagine he'd be at the ballpark at this hour.

KRS1
11-20-2005, 01:43 AM
I'm not kidding. Brooks always responds to my email. I can't believe he did it so quickly tho. He must have access to his email at home. I can't imagine he'd be at the ballpark at this hour.

He must not be able to sleep the night b4 the biggest Bears game of the season like me.:D:

paciorek1983
11-20-2005, 01:45 AM
He must not be able to sleep the night b4 the biggest Bears game of the season like me.:D:

Actually:

was in Orlando Sunday-Wednesday at MLB Industry Meetings, basically walking around amongst my Leaguewide counterparts like a school yard bully with the World Champion strut. My wife and kids joined me down there on Wednesday night and I disconnected myself for a few days. E-mails have piled up and I am attempting to play a little catch up. I just finished reviewing the rough cuts of our team DVD (different than the one Major League Baseball is putting out) and I am giving the production house my comments. You happened to e-mail at the right time. The DVD that is coming out this week is good, I have seen it. The one we are putting out (around December 6th) will be awesome.

All the best,

Brooks

kjkobs
11-20-2005, 01:49 AM
I'm not kidding. Brooks always responds to my email. .

Think you can have Brooks give my ticket rep a kick so he can finally get back to me?

paciorek1983
11-20-2005, 01:53 AM
Think you can have Brooks give my ticket rep a kick so he can finally get back to me?

Hey dude, i don't want to be the middle man for everything. Just shoot him an email and be very respectful he'll respond.:smile:

kjkobs
11-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Hey dude, i don't want to be the middle man for everything. Just shoot him an email and be very respectful he'll respond.:smile:

Ha, i know. Just saying that because you seem to have the an in with him.

TheDarkGundam
11-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh boy, how I love my Chicago Bat Sox.

C-Dawg
11-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Man, I keep going back and clicking on that link over and over to look at those uniforms. Sort of like a tragic accident along the road, I can't help but look. Macabre I guess.

Since it seems MLB played some sort of role in designing these things, I wonder if they did ones for ALL the teams? I'll bet they all share that same bad-expansion-football-team look that these certainly have. How about teams that have kept the same uniforms forever, like the Yankees or Cubs - I wonder what hideous uniforms they drew up for them? Come to think of it, I'd LIKE to see the Cubs in something like these!

RallyBowl
11-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Kind of a thread hijack here, but the President of the museum, Dr. Fletcher, lives down here in Mt Zion, which is next to Decatur. He owns a ton of property, and has a baseball field like in Field of Dreams. I almost met him once, as he is developing a subdivision of new homes, but I pussed out. He is supposed to be meeting with Bud Selig real soon to discuss the reinstatement of Buck Weaver. He is a huge Sox fan.

TheOldRoman
11-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Man, I keep going back and clicking on that link over and over to look at those uniforms. Sort of like a tragic accident along the road, I can't help but look. Macabre I guess.

Since it seems MLB played some sort of role in designing these things, I wonder if they did ones for ALL the teams? I'll bet they all share that same bad-expansion-football-team look that these certainly have. How about teams that have kept the same uniforms forever, like the Yankees or Cubs - I wonder what hideous uniforms they drew up for them? Come to think of it, I'd LIKE to see the Cubs in something like these!
No, MLB had nothing to do with it. I have seen those somewhere else, I dont know where. There are many forums dedicated to sports logos and jerseys. I recently started looking on one of them. People take teplates of black uniforms and create new concept logos and uni designs. You would think that since people spend so much time studying uniforms, they would have common sense. It is not the case. About half of the people are traditionalists, and half are absolute morons who try to design "futuristic" unis. These are the people who love dark pants with dark football jerseys, think the Bengals look "awesome", and bitch that the Sox and Yankees need to add another color to their unis because the current ones look dated.

C-Dawg
11-20-2005, 05:25 PM
No, MLB had nothing to do with it. I have seen those somewhere else, I dont know where. There are many forums dedicated to sports logos and jerseys.

Thanks for clearing that up! :smile: I was worried that there was a Big Brother or something at MLB conspiring to give everyone bad new uniforms.

Banix12
11-20-2005, 06:42 PM
It just looks like some concept a design student made for his final exam.

PushnThaEscalade
11-20-2005, 07:33 PM
I know the guy who did that concept on sportslogos.net his username is AgainstAllOdds. His work is very similar to this concept and the Museum should have used his name, last time i checked, it was copyrighted.

pissonthecubs
11-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Wow those are freakin' ugly! You gotta be kidding me if they even think of changing the uni's to that.
The last time I wanted to vomit this bad was after listening to Chris Berman do the White Sox-Red Sox series and saying that the Red Sox still had a chance to win Game 3 with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth.:puking:

Viva Medias B's
11-20-2005, 11:24 PM
It's a good thing we're not changing the uniforms. I don't know if I like this Purdue look of the ones from Chicago Baseball.

Nellie_Fox
11-21-2005, 02:39 AM
It just looks like some concept a design student made for his final exam.That's exactly what I was going to say. Final project for "Graphics Design 101."

Jerko
11-21-2005, 10:03 AM
That "new" flyingsock logo is proof that Bigfoot does indeed exist. Fugly.

Baby Fisk
11-21-2005, 10:41 AM
I can only respond with Hangar-esque disgust:

YEEECCCCHHHHH! Those uniforms are BRUUUUTAL! :angry:

soxfanatlanta
11-21-2005, 10:59 AM
It just looks like some concept a design student made for his final exam.

I hope he failed.

Flight #24
11-21-2005, 11:01 AM

Hey - they're keeping Frank on the team, can't be all bad!

rbeze09
11-21-2005, 11:42 AM
ya these r weak. u can't mess with the perfection that the sox uniforms are now. when i first glanced at the black jersey i coulda sworn it said SUX

Tekijawa
11-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Looks like the Astros and White Sox will be contracted Glad to see the team remains in Chicago as Both Thomas and Bagwell make a run for 500!

bigfoot
11-21-2005, 06:52 PM
That "new" flyingsock logo is proof that Bigfoot does indeed exist. Fugly.

Careful...........!:?:

I want Mags back
11-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Anyone notice that next to that link is a link for the revolution of the sox uniform, taken directly from WSI.

RKMeibalane
11-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Those like look like Purdue uniforms. Ugh.

Stroker Ace
11-22-2005, 05:11 AM
Those look like something a minor league team would wear.

eriqjaffe
11-22-2005, 02:29 PM
FWIW, Chris Creamer (who runs the boards where that concept was first posted) told them about their error, and it has been removed from their site.

Hangar18
11-28-2005, 03:35 PM
I can only respond with Hangar-esque disgust:

YEEECCCCHHHHH! Those uniforms are BRUUUUTAL! :angry:

(Laughing loudly at my desk)

FedEx227
11-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Since when did the White Sox join the Arena Football League? ewww

yes, those are almost worst then those stupid Futuristic things, I had the sweet luxury of going to the White Sox Futuristic game vs. Indians and god those were awful.