PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield, Piazza, Monroe, Giles

caulfield12
11-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Looks like the Yankees are willing to pay Giles $33 million over 3 years to replace Sheffield in RF. They still have a huge CF problem, as they do not feel Giles can play CF anymore and this move would force them to move Sheffield, who could be an ideal DH at this point in his career for the Sox, and occasional sub for Pods and Dye.

Yankees look to move Cano from 2B to CF and find another 2B, which is is the best option if they cannot trade for Rowand.

Piazza thought to be the number one DH option, especially if the White Sox do not sign Koneko. If PK signs, Piazza is targeted to return to Anaheim.

Monroe and another player would be received from any possible three way involving NY, Detroit and the Sox. Not sure if Monroe could play CF everyday (he had 33 starts there), but I would still prefer him to Rowand offensively. No contest...but is the defensive fall-off too significant? Then again, they could probably put Pods in CF with Monroe in his more natural LF and live with Pods arm and sometimes errant routes.

Looks like Ryan wont be going to the Yankees after all. Will be closer in either Detroit or Toronto, and be making around $8 million per season. Burnett still expected to sign with Toronto.

OzzieBall2005
11-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Where did u get this from?

caulfield12
11-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Where did u get this from?

mlb.com rumor mill...

i basically paraphrased in my own words a summary of five pages of text, only the parts that could be considered applicable to the Sox

Tragg
11-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Just put Anderson in center and trade and spend the money to get a real hitter or two. Anderson can handle the defense there, for sure.
Piazza's produciton is way down the last 3 years.
I'd like to see us in on Giles.
Judicously trade Rowand.

DaleJRFan
11-19-2005, 11:09 PM
Nice post Caulfield. I always wished someone would do somewhat of a daily hotstove wrapup type of thinger....

...as for Sheffield, PASS. I don't want Sheffield anywhere near the SouthSide. He's a complete jackass, I dont care how good he is. There are much better options out there. JMO, though.