PDA

View Full Version : Cubs raise ticket prices again

hose
11-19-2005, 05:38 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-cub19.html

Amazing how the Cubs timed this release for Saturday's paper.:rolleyes:

BTW, anything mentioned in the on line Tribune about the ticket increase? I'm sure it's buried somewhere.:wink:

The Tribune............:angry:

doogiec
11-19-2005, 07:01 AM
So let me get this straight-

The Cubs finish in fourth place with a losing record, following an offseason in which they arguably did absolutely nothing to improve their team.

They increase the capacity of the park, a move that should bring in at least $5 million per season in additional revenue.

They make no strong comittment to increase payroll next season, while the other team in town is showing off the Commissioner's Trophy. Plus, they talk about extending the contracts of management, despite their failures so far.

And they increase ticket prices across the board.

Perhaps we can invite a Cub fan over here to explain to us again why its such a great thing for the fans that they sell out every game. I'm still not getting it.

LongLiveFisk
11-19-2005, 07:37 AM
"Hey, there's a World Champion just 8 miles south of here, but for you dopes that want to keep showing up anyway, it's going to cost you even more."

LOL
:cool:

The Critic
11-19-2005, 07:49 AM
30 to 40 bucks to sit in the bleachers.....unbelievable.....

...of course, they ARE going to be brand-new bleachers, so I bet they're real nice....

C-Dawg
11-19-2005, 08:12 AM
And if I understand their policy correctly, they limit the number of tickets that get sold to the public at face value, leaving all the rest to the Tribune's own scalping service, Premium Tickets, Inc. There are signs all around Wrigley advertising that place. But to the frat boys who go to Cubs games, it probably doesn't matter what they cost if they still have daddy's credit card.

Heck they ought to leave the prices off the tickets - that way they can sell them ALL at inflated prices, saying its "market pricing" or something like that.

Flight #24
11-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Am I wrong or did the Sox ticket increase get a front page sports article? But the Cub increase doesn't even warrant ANY article, just a table of prices? If they were focusing on all things Sox, I might understand. But it's not like we've been overloaded with the latest on Konerko or anything while hearing nothing about such monumental events as Jim hendry saying bye bye to Nomore Groiniaparra......

Tragg
11-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Am I wrong or did the Sox ticket increase get a front page sports article? .
They make no secret of their conflict of interest....that ends their responsibility.......the rest is our problem.......

TDog
11-19-2005, 02:12 PM
And if I understand their policy correctly, they limit the number of tickets that get sold to the public at face value, leaving all the rest to the Tribune's own scalping service, Premium Tickets, Inc. There are signs all around Wrigley advertising that place. But to the frat boys who go to Cubs games, it probably doesn't matter what they cost if they still have daddy's credit card.

Heck they ought to leave the prices off the tickets - that way they can sell them ALL at inflated prices, saying its "market pricing" or something like that.

Maybe Cubs management is expecting less demand for the premium tickets next year and figure a raise in face value was needed to make up the difference.

When I was a kid, you could sit in the bleachers at either Wrigley or Comiskey for $1. They only sold bleacher tickets at the day of the game. Actually, the Sox didn't even give you a real ticket, just a slip of paper. You paid, you went in.

That was only a little more than 30 years ago.

cheeses_h_rice
11-19-2005, 03:02 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-cub19.html

Amazing how the Cubs timed this release for Saturday's paper.:rolleyes:

BTW, anything mentioned in the on line Tribune about the ticket increase? I'm sure it's buried somewhere.:wink:

The Tribune............:angry:

Get a grip, Hose...

:)

Soxfanspcu11
11-19-2005, 04:32 PM
What is wrong with all you people??? Don't you realize it costs money to put a winning team on the field!?!?

hose
11-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Get a grip, Hose...

:)

I'm out of my league on this, Hangar is the media analyst around here.:D:

HotelWhiteSox
11-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Gotta pay for those relievers :rolleyes:

4th place finish is a 14% increase, what would've happened if they would've finished 3rd?

CaptainBallz
11-23-2005, 04:38 PM
They most likely figured that they should make one more push to gouge their customers before the Sox repeat and the major "fan" shift really begins.

Whatever their motives are, it's truly pathetic and most likely won't bother a soul that goes there next year to see another season of losing baseball.:rolleyes:

JRIG
11-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Gotta pay for those relievers :rolleyes:

No kidding! Look a the money they've flushed down the toilet already this offseason:

Neifi Perez 2 year/$5.5 million
Scott Eyre 3 year/$11 million
Ryan Dempster 3 year/$15.5 million
Glendon Rusch 2 year/$4 million

$36 million on that pile of crap? Are you joking?

VenturaSoxFan23
11-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Am I wrong or did the Sox ticket increase get a front page sports article? But the Cub increase doesn't even warrant ANY article, just a table of prices?

That's because it's to be expected that they'd gouge their loyal fans. Gotta pay for Jimmy Buffett somehow!

Steelrod
11-26-2005, 11:03 AM
44 Prime Dates versus 38 non prime.

You would think all are non prime since there is a fourth place team on the field half the time!!
Iforgot, they have the best starters in baseball, and if you read around, potentially the best infield in the history of the sport!!

ALL the games should be prime dates lol

kevin57
11-26-2005, 01:36 PM
And you know what? They'll still fill the park.

Thus are lemmings so programmed.