PDA

View Full Version : Prospects added to the 40-man roster

maurice
11-18-2005, 08:16 PM
The White Sox [] increased their major league roster to 39 by purchasing the contracts of outfielders Jerry Owens and Chris Young, catcher Chris Stewart, left-hander Daniel Haigwood and right-hander Charles Haeger. All played at Double-A Birmingham last season. Haeger and Haigwood started the season at Class A Winston-Salem.

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051118soxozuna,1,4390108.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

veeter
11-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Man the Sox are loaded. The Haeger guy really intrigues me. If they could come up with an effective knuckle baller, they really get deep.

KRS1
11-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Great news here, Stewart really seserves this with all the work he put in the last year to find his niche. With all the talk about Lucy and Hernandez he seems to kind of get lost in the mix, but I have a lot of expectations for him over the next few years. Maybe in a year he'll push A.J. to first or DH?

Crede_Fan
11-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Maybe this has already been answered, but with Stewart being added to the 40 man, what happen to Cassanova?

Steelrod
11-19-2005, 03:05 AM
Maybe this has already been answered, but with Stewart being added to the 40 man, what happen to Cassanova?

I think he's a free agent!

California Sox
11-19-2005, 08:33 AM
Couldn't be happier for Stewart. Nice to see hard work pay off for a 12th round grinder. Actually all four of these guys are interesting stories. Haigwood was a 16th rounder (one pick before McCarthy), Haeger was a 25th rounder who quit baseball for a year, Owens was a football player who picked baseball back up at baseball powerhouse The Master's College, and Young was a 16th rounder who spent two years in short season ball.

Congrats to all the guys, be looking forward to seeing them in Sox unis this spring. :cool:

Brian26
11-26-2005, 12:36 AM
I think he's a free agent!

Is this true? I did a search and couldn't find any info, but I notice he's not on the 40 man roster.

Banix12
11-26-2005, 12:49 AM
Is this true? I did a search and couldn't find any info, but I notice he's not on the 40 man roster.
Cassanova was only signed to a 1 year minor league contract before this season. He is a free agent again. He filed on November 3rd.

player movement (http://forecaster.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/chicagosports-sox/baseball/movements.cgi?cha&x_option=28)