PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lining?

RichH55
12-17-2001, 09:38 AM
Well as the odds of moving :hitless dwindle....can I least look for a silver lining and ask if he is playing winter ball? He is regarded as a slow starter, so maybe playing winter ball will help him, well i dont know, maybe hit above his weight for the majority of the year? I dont have to ask if Manos is, thats a given. Give me a guy who refvuses a bonus in order to play some more ball any day...anyone get the feeling that if this was the Simpsons baseball episode again Manos would be begging to be picked so he could play some more, while Clayton would be struggling to hit a Milhouse fastball?

:manos
Pick Me! I need to play!

Daver
12-17-2001, 03:58 PM
:hitless

I'm too busy counting my money and thinking about post game ice cream to play winter ball.

RichH55
12-17-2001, 04:15 PM
Are you kidding me? Clayton after one of the worst starts I can remember and a potential problem for playing time isn't playing winter ball? This smacks of hubris!

Don't question me, you can sit back in the glory that is the mendoza line!

RichH55
12-17-2001, 04:16 PM
And Daver, do tell.....whats the ice cream story? Quite curious over here

Daver
12-17-2001, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
And Daver, do tell.....whats the ice cream story? Quite curious over here

FWC could tell it far better than I could,or PHG.

FarWestChicago
12-17-2001, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
And Daver, do tell.....whats the ice cream story? Quite curious over here When Jerry kept trotting The Choice out there with his .100 BA and the team falling further behind the Twinks and Tribe in May, I believe there was speculation that The Choice must be Jerry's nephew. And of course, Uncle Jerry takes his nephew out for post game ice cream.

RichH55
12-17-2001, 04:32 PM
LOL...great stuff

Well there had to be a reason now didn't there? Make it a Rocky Road, please