PDA

View Full Version : Stores with good selections of World Series gear?

cheeses_h_rice
11-17-2005, 11:05 PM
I stopped off at Sportmart in Niles today and picked up the official black parade T-shirt that the Sox were wearing as well as a black stocking cap, since they were having a 30% off sale. Unfortunately, they didn't have much in the way of official World Series stuff left in adult sizes, so many of the better looking designs (esp. on grey shirts) were only left in child sizes. And their "black" Sox hats were...not black (they looked faded).

It's only been 3 weeks since the World Series, so I was surprised to see so much stuff being discontinued right away. I'd rather not order online or have to drive down to Grandstand, so are there other stores/chains stocking a decent selection of WS stuff?

Anyone? Bueller?

BarbG
11-18-2005, 12:34 AM
I went to Sports Authority in North Riverside on Sunday - 30% off, TONS of stuff, racks and racks of both adult and kids, including a few designs I hadn't seen before. First time ever I've found what I wanted in that place.

LuvSox
11-18-2005, 07:49 AM
I had luck with MC Sports about a week ago. They still had a large selection of shirts and hats.

ChiSoxIn06
11-18-2005, 08:04 AM
i was at champs sports in woodfield the other day and they had a bunch of WS gear....a bit pricey but a better selection than any other store i saw.

Law11
11-18-2005, 08:07 AM
i was at champs sports in woodfield the other day and they had a bunch of WS gear....a bit pricey but a better selection than any other store i saw.

Agree. The Champs in Streets of Woodfield has a huge selection.
Sports Authhoruty down Golf a couple of miles has some nice stuff too.
REASONABLE PRICES

kninchicago
11-18-2005, 10:13 AM
I am going to check out Sports Authority today after work I think, the one on LaSalle, if they're claimed to have kid's stuff. I went to Carson's the other day but only adult sizes. I am too small to wear men's clothing.

clogoodie
11-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Tipped off by this post (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=939737&postcount=44), I hit this little souvenier storefront on Michigan Ave after work yesterday. Sure enough, they had large quantities of t-shirts, fleeces, jackets, sweatshirts, and WS on-field caps - everything at 50% off. Sticker prices were a couple bucks higher than what i've seen at Dick's and Sports Authority, but once you take that 50%, it's a damn good deal. They had a few blankets, small flags, and other items, but apparel was the focus.

Dolly
11-18-2005, 03:06 PM
I was at The Sports Authority on 96th and Cicero last weekend and they still had a lot of stuff, and it is all 30% off. I'm going back there today since it's the last day of the sale according to their sign.

Dolly
11-18-2005, 08:52 PM
I just came back from there, and they still have a ton of stuff. The only problem that some people might have is that the most popular sizes are limited in quantity. However, they are having an UNADVERTISED special-- 50% off from now until New Year's Eve on all World Championship merchandise. I came home with a hooded sweatshirt, 1 long sleeved t-shirt, 2 short sleeved t-shirts, and a hat, all for $72 and some change. What a deal! :D:

doublem23
11-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Good thread guys. I'm going to be back in Chicago for Thanksgiving next weekend and I definitely am itching to pad my collection of championship gear. The Dick's down here in Peoria only offered the gray clubhouse t-shirts and one other really, really ugly one. Hopefully you guys don't buy these stores out by Tuesday night. :tongue:

P.S., cheeses, where in Niles is there a Sportmart? Are you talking about the one on Milwaukee Ave., next to the big wine place? I thought that place closed. Though, now that I think harder, that may have been a Sports Authority I am thinking of.

ChiSoxGirl
11-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Good thread guys. I'm going to be back in Chicago for Thanksgiving next weekend and I definitely am itching to pad my collection of championship gear. The Dick's down here in Peoria only offered the gray clubhouse t-shirts and one other really, really ugly one. Hopefully you guys don't buy these stores out by Tuesday night. :tongue:

P.S., cheeses, where in Niles is there a Sportmart? Are you talking about the one on Milwaukee Ave., next to the big wine place? I thought that place closed. Though, now that I think harder, that may have been a Sports Authority I am thinking of.

I think he's referring to the one on Dempster and Harlem, as that's the only one I know of in Niles.

cheeses_h_rice
11-18-2005, 11:40 PM

My bad. I meant the Sports Authority just west of Harlem on Dempster, that CSG mentioned above.

ewokpelts
11-19-2005, 12:27 PM
I just came back from there, and they still have a ton of stuff. The only problem that some people might have is that the most popular sizes are limited in quantity. However, they are having an UNADVERTISED special-- 50% off from now until New Year's Eve on all World Championship merchandise. I came home with a hooded sweatshirt, 1 long sleeved t-shirt, 2 short sleeved t-shirts, and a hat, all for $72 and some change. What a deal! :D:what store?

LongLiveFisk
11-19-2005, 01:32 PM
I just came back from there, and they still have a ton of stuff. The only problem that some people might have is that the most popular sizes are limited in quantity. However, they are having an UNADVERTISED special-- 50% off from now until New Year's Eve on all World Championship merchandise. I came home with a hooded sweatshirt, 1 long sleeved t-shirt, 2 short sleeved t-shirts, and a hat, all for $72 and some change. What a deal! :D:

Thanks for the heads-up, Dolly. That's close to me and I think I'll take a ride there today! :D:

Dolly
11-19-2005, 04:57 PM
what store?Sorry, I mentioned it in my previous post... The Sports Authority at 96th and Cicero. Also, there is a little make-shift stand on the northeast corner of 111th and Pulaski that has signs that say everything is $5. Looked like they only had t-shirts and hats, but I didn't stop.

Glad I could be of help, LongLiveFisk! :smile:

kninchicago
11-19-2005, 05:04 PM
The Sports Authority on Fullerton east of Logan Square has some adult sweatshirts, some pink women's jerseys, and happily for me a whole rack of kids shirts for 50% off. I got the grey shirt with the trophy on it for under $10!!

LongLiveFisk
11-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Glad I could be of help, LongLiveFisk! :smile:

I ended up buying the WS Champs gray sweatshirt with the locker room logo for $25. Too bad the official WS baseballs are not part of the sale though (they are selling for $20 each).

And you're right--they have a TON of stuff left. If anyone reading this lives anywhere near Oak Lawn and you're still looking for stuff at a good price (50% off), by all means go there!! :D:

maurice
11-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Still plenty of good stuff at Sports Authority on LaSalle and at Buffalo Roam on Michigan Ave -- all 50% off.

MUsoxfan
11-21-2005, 05:34 PM
I was just at Pro Jersey (75th/Lemont Rd Downers Grove) and they had a great selection. The selection has doubled in the last 2 weeks

koch44
11-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Champs sports in Hawthorn still has a lot of jerseys and shirts. I picked up a Guillen jersey today with the World Series Champions patch on the side.:smile:

pissonthecubs
11-21-2005, 07:46 PM
I was at the Dick's Sporting Good's in Algonquin about a week, week and a half ago and they still had a pretty good selection out and didn't see anything marked down, but again that was over a week ago.