PDA

View Full Version : World Series

gowhitesox
11-17-2005, 02:18 PM
My dad came very close to predicting the White Sox would win the World Series. Before the playoffs started he said it would be great to see the White Sox win the World Series but he didn't think the Sox has the pitching to do it. He was wrong on that part!! When he saw the Sox pitching staff blow the Angels away, that was when he knew the pitching staff was for real.

In the World Series he had mixed feelings as he likes the Sox and Astros both. Finally he was pulling for the Sox as the first team he ever saw play in person was the Chicago White Sox.

Any one else out there with World Series stories to share.

MarySwiss
11-17-2005, 03:49 PM
:welcome:

If you have some free time, you might want to check out the most recent 17-18 pages of Sox Clubhouse threads. There are a ton of WS stories scattered throughout them.

Enjoy!

mandmandm
11-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Put down $20 on March 28 for the Sox to win the world series. Won $380.

Put down $20 on October 6 for the Sox to win the world series. Won $180.

With all the Sox stuff I purchased in the past six weeks I think I am just above water financially.

PKalltheway
11-18-2005, 01:59 PM
I am absolutely serious about this. Dead serious. When the White Sox won on opening day 1-0 against Cleveland, I seriously got chills. I had a weird feeling that I could not describe, but I felt that something special was going to happen this year. It wasn't that I thought they were going to the World Series on opening day, but I just thought that this was going to be a special year.

Joosh
11-18-2005, 02:08 PM
I am swearing on my life here that this story is true:

It was about mid-march, just a few days after my birthday. Me and my Dad were in the car and we were talking about baseball, and I said, "Dad, we are going to win the Series this year." He thought I was crazy, but I kept going on about how many leaps and bounds we had made from last years team. I also said we were smart to not trade both Crede and Garland away, and that they would have career years. He continued to think I was crazy, but I knew it.

We brought up this conversation a few days after they won the Series, and he said, "Josh, you were so right." I hope I get to hear that more often. :bandance:

skobabe8
11-18-2005, 02:56 PM
My dad came very close to predicting the White Sox would win the World Series. Before the playoffs started he said it would be great to see the White Sox win the World Series but he didn't think the Sox has the pitching to do it. He was wrong on that part!! When he saw the Sox pitching staff blow the Angels away, that was when he knew the pitching staff was for real.

In the World Series he had mixed feelings as he likes the Sox and Astros both. Finally he was pulling for the Sox as the first team he ever saw play in person was the Chicago White Sox.

Welcome aboard!

Gammons Peter
11-18-2005, 02:58 PM

I did predict it. Placed my bet in Vegas in mid-February, 30:1, wish I had bet more than 10 bucks

asindc
11-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Right after the Sox made the final out, my cousin, a Cubs fan, called to congratulate me. He reminded me that I told him in late April that we had a team this year that could do it. One of the many highlights of this fantastic year!