PDA

View Full Version : Blum going back to Padres

HotelWhiteSox
11-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Blum going back to the Padres, according to the Score.

Thanks for the help! :D: Showoff the new piece of hardware, especially to that douche who said he didn't think we were that good or the best team in the league after taking two out of three from them.

EDIT: Rotoworld

The Padres are expected to bring back free-agent infielder Geoff Blum on a one-year deal.
Blum was useful before being traded to the White Sox last season, hitting .241/.321/.375 in 224 AB. After the deal, he hit .200/.232/.274 with three RBI in 95 AB. The Padres are still planning to trade Sean Burroughs, so Blum would probably be the club's top backup at third, short and second. However, should Mark Loretta land on the DL for some reason, the team would likely give Josh Barfield an opportunity. Nov. 16 - 5:24 pm et
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune (http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/padres/20051116-1349-padstrade.html)

Mots09
11-16-2005, 05:39 PM
I would like to echo that! Thanks Blummy for your contribution you will live in White Sox fans memories for a long time!

Represent Squad 4

buehrle4cy05
11-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the help, Blummie, now he has a WS ring and can live with his family.

whitesoxwilkes
11-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Thanks Geoff. You were here a little while, but came through one early morning in a big way!

jabrch
11-16-2005, 06:00 PM
It is funny - fewer players have contributed more while simultanously contributing less than Blum did.

Thanks Geoff - and good luck to you.

DumpJerry
11-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks Geoff, you da man! Must be good to be back near the wife and kids. Tear up that Cubbie pitching, will ya? Thanks!

PAPChiSox729
11-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Did what he had to do and I will always be grateful to him for it. Here's to a successful career for Geoff!

:gulp:

Hendu
11-16-2005, 06:29 PM
He had the biggest hit of his life here and will always be remembered by Sox fans.

Thank you, Geoff and who knows, maybe we'll see your name linked with the Sox at next year's trade deadline. Wait, maybe that shouldn't be in teal.

Patrick134
11-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Blum also had a big pop-up early, fool the 3rd baseman slide that was a huge part of us winning a game in minnesota.Best of luck to him wherever he lands.

Chips
11-16-2005, 06:45 PM
It is funny - fewer players have contributed more while simultanously contributing less than Blum did.

Thanks Geoff - and good luck to you.

I feel the same way about Blum. He did so little from the time we got him until Game 3 of the World Series. I'm glad he hit that jack, but other than that, we don't need him.

Kogs35
11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
good luck geoff, thanks for the great memory in game3

ATXBMX
11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Blum going back to the Padres, according to the Score.

Thanks for the help! :D: Showoff the new piece of hardware, especially to that douche who said he didn't think we were that good or the best team in the league after taking two out of three from them.

EDIT: Rotoworld

Didn't Phil Nevin say that? He doesn't play for the Padres anymore. Remember? He got traded to the Rangers mid-season. He couldn't hit in Arlington either.

It's Time
11-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Of all the White Sox players to ever wear the uni, he will be remembered more than some of the HOF players to play for the White Sox because of that one bomb. Funny game.

SOXSINCE'70
11-16-2005, 07:43 PM
You will live in the hearts of all Sox fans for that 14th inning
home run,Geoff.Thanks for your contribution.Good luck to you.:cool:

antitwins13
11-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the big homerun, now go be a .200 hitter for someone else.

Soxzilla
11-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Thank you Geoff. I'm sad to see him go.

He played more than competent defense, stabbing some balls at first that I'm not sure Paul could have gotten. (Like the one in New York that saved the game in the ninth).

He contributed quite a bit considering his status on this team.

It's Time
11-16-2005, 07:58 PM
It's now official per the Padres board. Geoff is back in Padre land.

kevin57
11-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Best wishes, Geoff (never got used to that spelling!)

A shot (not) heard 'round the world, that paved the way for a SOX WS title.

Best wishes! :cheers:

JimH
11-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Thank you Geoff. I'm sad to see him go.

He played more than competent defense, stabbing some balls at first that I'm not sure Paul could have gotten. (Like the one in New York that saved the game in the ninth).

He contributed quite a bit considering his status on this team.

Totally agree with this post.

Too many people just look at the raw stats. Blum fit in great, he gave Ozzie flexibility, and is a pro's pro.

The White Sox could do a lot worse than bring him back if they needed another utility player for the short term next year.

Geoff Blum will always have a special place in White Sox fans hearts.

Jjav829
11-16-2005, 08:15 PM
Padres signed infielder Geoff Blum, who had been with the White Sox, to a one-year contract.
Blum is a decent enough utilityman, but he's now received at least 300 at-bats in six straight seasons and that's just too many. Ideally, the Padres will get away with being able to use him less next year. Still, he'll be worth $2-$3 in NL-only leagues, assuming that Sean Burroughs is traded.

Well, it's official. I'm not surprised. I believe Blum's family stayed in San Diego. You could tell by Blum's initial reaction to the trade that while he was happy to come to a good team, he also was sad to leave his family. I'm not surprised that he went back there. Thanks for the memories and good luck, Geoff. :gulp:

Edit: Wow, did I really type Detroit instead of San Diego? :o:Geez....glad I caught that...:o:

The Critic
11-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks for one VERY memorable bomb, Geoff, and also one memorable hairdo!
:D:
Best of luck in SD!

spiffie
11-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Just to echo what every one else said, best of luck to ya Geoff. See you and the Friars in the 2006 World Series.

duke of dorwood
11-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Good Luck Bonified Sox Legend

LongLiveFisk
11-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Thanks, Geoff and good luck! You'll always be a White Sox on my VHS tapes. :D:

DieTrying79
11-16-2005, 08:46 PM
The other day, I awoke from a deep sleep, and had crazy bed hair...I thought to myself..."Dude, you're Blum..."

Thank you very much for being a sound player, and performing in the clutch for us!! You'll always be in our hearts!

Here's to ya!:gulp:

Brian26
11-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Blum also had a big pop-up early, fool the 3rd baseman slide that was a huge part of us winning a game in minnesota.Best of luck to him wherever he lands.

Good call, Pat. That slide, the World Series homer, and one other play will always be remembered by me. I'll never forget him spearing Bernie Williams' shot down the firstbase line to end that first game of the Yankees series in NY. It happened so fast, I shouted yes just as Hawk did the same (even thought he thought PK was still in there).

Frankfan4life
11-16-2005, 09:13 PM
I have to give Kenny props for bringing Blum here. He fit in well with the club and his 14th inning homer will live in my memory forever. I'm glad he ended up back in San Diego where he can be with his family. What a magical year it's been for him. Boy, has he got a great story to tell his children! I wish him well.

havelj
11-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Best of luck to Geoff and his little kids. Remember that sight of him after the last win with his oldest on the field? Here are some other memories...

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/blum155ausmus102605.jpg

http://www.kcchronicle.com/temporaryimages/bp42440.jpg

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/nm/20051029/2005_10_28t170318_450x300_us_al_celebration.jpg?x= 380&y=253&sig=OUZbw_ZDmF.mMAUpB.IFlw--

Banix12
11-16-2005, 09:54 PM
You have to respect a man who puts his family first.

Good Luck and whenever you come to Chicago my guess is you'll never have to pay for a meal again, at least on the southside.

havelj
11-16-2005, 09:55 PM
...and see this sight at the Urinal on May 12th!

http://pages.prodigy.net/drlittle/blum.jpg

Brian26
11-16-2005, 09:57 PM
http://www.kcchronicle.com/temporaryimages/bp42440.jpg

I thought that was Brian Anderson during the parade.

saltwater farmer
11-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Very similar to Dave Roberts coming up huge w/ a steal in the ALCS to keep the Red Sox' hopes alive during their '04 run. After the season he went to San Diego. Two rent-a-role-players coming up HUGE.

So long Geoff and best o luck!

Unregistered
11-16-2005, 10:13 PM
http://cdn.channel.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0e/00/20051031001109990007

"My heart was torn to leave the family. But to get to a ballclub like this makes it all worthwhile."

Cheers to a instant White Sox Legend - and a genuine "good guy." :gulp:

JUribe1989
11-16-2005, 10:16 PM
We're happy for the hr he hit to win Game 3 and he's happy to be back with his family. Everybody's happy! Blum was an absolute great guy.

Good Luck Geoff!
I will never forget what you did for the team

MadetoOrta
11-16-2005, 10:23 PM
http://cdn.channel.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0e/00/20051031001109990007

"My heart was torn to leave the family. But to get to a ballclub like this makes it all worthwhile."

Cheers to a instant White Sox Legend - and a genuine "good guy." :gulp:

Slainte as we Irishmen are apt to say before sipping a cold one! What a team, what a month, what a season! It's starting to hit me.

TomBradley72
11-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Standing ovation for Blum any time he comes to bat in a game where I am in attendance. :gulp:

Same goes for Crazy Carl. :gulp:

jfinsocal
11-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks Geoff

If it makes any difference his family lives in southern Orange County, not San Diego. This is a 90 minute drive from downtown San Diego in normal traffic and sometimes longer. Anaheim is closer to his home so at least he didn't go to an AL rival.

The Padres have deep problems he must really be a west coast guy to want to come back here.

Thanks again

Go Sox

Chisox003
11-16-2005, 11:44 PM
"And the reason the White Sox are going to choke is that Kenny Williams didn't make a big enough move at the trading deadline. Ken Griffey Jr. and Billy Wagner were on the market, and Kenny traded for Geoff Blum. Who is Geoff Blum? Is Geoff Blum going to help the Sox win the division? Great job Kenny."
Mmm'K.

Thanks Geoff! :gulp:

Domeshot17
11-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Geoff Blum. I saw your first white sox hit at the cell, an infield single. I saw maybe the the last time in your life your name will appear on the scoreboard with the average of 1.000 on it, then I saw it say .500, then .333 and topped the night at .250. However, You made 2 tremendous diving plays that night. The funny thing was, As Everyone said: Geoff Blum, THATS ALL WE GOT AT THE TRADE DEALINE, GEOFF BLUM??????? and fumed in anger, it was because we wanted Griffey to come hit a home in the world series.

Well Blum, you were Ken Griffey for a Day, the city embraced you as much as you embraced us, and maybe you will be our Robbie Alomar, and we can say hello again in July.

I'm glad no one blames Blum for going back. Hes got triplet babies and a 3 year old daughter to take care of.

doublem23
11-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks, Geoff! The Padres may now just be my favorite team in the NL.

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20051026/i/r1306483205.jpg?x=380&y=257&sig=3yW.XMlTGFucUeA30x0YaQ--

You will live forever in White Sox lore.

mike squires
11-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Houston fans will always remember Geoff Blum the same way we remember Tito Landrum.

SO, I guess that means I'll have to track him down in San Diego to get the autographed ball from the entire team I"m gonna eventually do.:D:

AH well, I'll wait and get it in 20 years at Soxfest.

TDog
11-17-2005, 12:46 AM
It is funny - fewer players have contributed more while simultanously contributing less than Blum did....

Some people would -- and I can name a couple who wouldn't -- say the same something similar about Willie Harris. An 8th-inning pinch-hit single and moves around to score the only run in the game that gave the White Sox the World Series championship in his only World Series at bat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blum gets some applause if he plays when he returns to Chicago next year, even though he'll be would be playing on the north side of town. He was in the right place at the right time to be special for Chicago baseball.

IlliniSox4Life
11-17-2005, 02:13 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Blum gets some applause if he plays when he returns to Chicago next year, even though he'll be would be playing on the north side of town. He was in the right place at the right time to be special for Chicago baseball.

If I can figure out he's playing before the game, I might just head over to Wrigley for that game.

I'm not sure if Blum could've gotten more money than he did from San Diego, but I am almost positive he didn't even look. It takes a pretty big man to do what's right for his family like that, and at the same time he didn't complain when he was traded here when he wanted to be in San Diego. I like the guy a lot, and hey, he hit the game winning home run in the longest World Series game in history. Not bad for a mid season acquisition, that like El Duque and Willie Harris, earned their entire salaries in one appearance in the post season.

gbergman
11-17-2005, 03:25 AM
i live in sd in the summer so im sure ill see him at Padres games, but thanks bro for that memorable HR

DrCrawdad
11-17-2005, 07:34 AM
I thought that was Brian Anderson during the parade.

The Sun-Times had this photo and caption on their webpage after the parade.

http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/BlumORAnderson.JPG

That IS Brian Anderson and NOT Blum.

XplodingScorbord
11-17-2005, 09:23 AM
i live in sd in the summer so im sure ill see him at Padres games, but thanks bro for that memorable HR

You MUST thank him on behalf of all White Sox fans. He'll live forever in Sox lore.

Baby Fisk
11-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Thank you Geoff and best wishes. Your golden moment in White Sox history will never be forgotten.

http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/blum155ausmus102605.jpg

Hopefully there are better barbers in San Diego... :cool:

Tekijawa
11-17-2005, 09:46 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051116sox,1,1351198.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

1 year, $650K + Incentives... Good luck Geoff!

kevin57
11-17-2005, 01:09 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051116sox,1,1351198.story?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

1 year, $650K + Incentives... Good luck Geoff!

Just curious...do you think the Sox made a good faith effort to keep Blum? Was his heart set on CA no matter what. Would we have matched these terms?

ChiSoxRowand
11-17-2005, 01:11 PM
I can't blame Blum for wanting to go back to San Diego. You are a Chicago sports legend Geoff and your name will forever be linked with White Sox history.

antitwins13
11-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Just curious...do you think the Sox made a good faith effort to keep Blum? Was his heart set on CA no matter what. Would we have matched these terms?

Why would you want to keep Blum? He hit .200 with us. He had one big HR in the postseason, but that doesn't earn you a decent contract. I'm glad the Sox got rid of him. There are better players in our farm system that will play for less. K-Dub made the right move. I've said it once and I'll say it again, thanks for the HR...but HE GONE!

veeter
11-17-2005, 01:52 PM
The world series is THE place for improbable, big contributors. Remember Billy Bates for Cincy in 1990? The little guy from Univ. of Texas had a huge infield hit for the Reds. For us, it was Mr. Blum. Thanks Geoff and good luck with the babies!!!

kevin57
11-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Why would you want to keep Blum? He hit .200 with us. He had one big HR in the postseason, but that doesn't earn you a decent contract. I'm glad the Sox got rid of him. There are better players in our farm system that will play for less. K-Dub made the right move. I've said it once and I'll say it again, thanks for the HR...but HE GONE!

I agree. I was just curious as to whether the KW even made an offer. Just curious, not advocating.

hawkjt
11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Willie Harris hit over .400 (13-31) after returning from the minors in late August.

He contributed to this team in Sept and October and if he hits like that next year he will be playing for the sox or somewhere in the big leagues.

As for Geoff- thanks for the memories. Nothing sweeter than a low inside fastball to a lefty at like 1:19 am in Houston. Gawwwwwwn.

lostletters
11-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks Blum. Sorry to take you away from your family, but you lived out a baseball dream of winning the world series and hitting a game winning home run. How many guys can say that. Thanks for the Happy Memories.

(By the way Blum wanted to play for SD for family reasons.) I see no reason to keep him, as Willie Harris will have a good deal of confidence next season, which is all he ever needed. I am happy with Gload, Willie and Ozuna as our utility guys.

rdivaldi
11-17-2005, 05:20 PM
We should also net a compensatory draft pick for losing him as well.

Ol' No. 2
11-17-2005, 05:27 PM
We should also net a compensatory draft pick for losing him as well.He'd have to be in the upper 60% of his position group. What is his position group, anyway?

NSSoxFan
11-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Geoff is a class act all the way.

After the Crede walk-off HR game on 9/20, my cousin and I (we are also roommates), were on the elevator going up to our apartment. Someone came into the elevator at last minute, and who was it? Geoff. We had a quick conversation, about how long we've lived in the building, etc.

Over the next weeks leading up to the World Series, we would run into eachother on our way up to our places and instead of being stand-offish, he would be the one to say hi to me. The day after we won the World Series on Thursday, I saw him borrowing a couple dollies from our doorman, he was getting ready to go home to California after the parade on Friday. When I saw him, I gave him a high-five/hug, and said "Thank You!". He was obviously a little, eh hem, under the weather :cool: , and he asked me if I wanted to help him move some stuff to his car.

While we were putting the last couple of things in his truck, I asked him if he knew about WSI. He got a smirk on his face and just said "of course". As most of already know/suspect, he told me that almost all the players lurk on the message boards during the season. I got the feeling that they have constant conversations about what they see on here. Anyways, Geoff simply said 'that place is crazy' (in a good way).

I just wanted everyone on WSI to know how nice of a guy Geoff is and how great it was for him, as a baseball player, to hit that game winner. Overall, he really wanted to stay here, but family has to come first.

I hope you ever WSI member enjoys this story.

Lip Man 1
11-17-2005, 06:04 PM
That is a great story be sure you pass it along to PHG. He'll appreciate it!

Lip

rdivaldi
11-17-2005, 06:14 PM
He'd have to be in the upper 60% of his position group. What is his position group, anyway?

I was thinking 2B, but it looks like 3B this year. I guess he might not be considered a Type C FA.

hellenicsoxfan
11-17-2005, 07:33 PM
He'd have to be in the upper 60% of his position group. What is his position group, anyway?

How about World Champion? That should make him a type A free agent in my book.

It's starting to sound like quite a few Sox fans will be invading Wrigley in May to thank Blum. Should be a nice sight - to Sox fans at least.

Red Barchetta
11-17-2005, 07:49 PM
How about World Champion? That should make him a type A free agent in my book.

It's starting to sound like quite a few Sox fans will be invading Wrigley in May to thank Blum. Should be a nice sight - to Sox fans at least.

Great idea! Can't wait to wear all my World Series gear to the inter-league games at Wrigley this year so the San Diego series can be a warm up.

Thanks for the effort Geoff! You were my favorite person in the world one very early morning in October 2005! You deserve the ring. Wear it with pride!!!

Best wishes in San Diego. See you at Wrigley!

Brian26
11-17-2005, 09:23 PM

After the Crede walk-off HR game on 9/20, my cousin and I (we are also roommates), were on the elevator going up to our apartment. Someone came into the elevator at last minute, and who was it? Geoff. We had a quick conversation, about how long we've lived in the building, etc.

Over the next weeks leading up to the World Series, we would run into eachother on our way up to our places and instead of being stand-offish, he would be the one to say hi to me. The day after we won the World Series on Thursday, I saw him borrowing a couple dollies from our doorman, he was getting ready to go home to California after the parade on Friday. When I saw him, I gave him a high-five/hug, and said "Thank You!". He was obviously a little, eh hem, under the weather :cool: , and he asked me if I wanted to help him move some stuff to his car.

While we were putting the last couple of things in his truck, I asked him if he knew about WSI. He got a smirk on his face and just said "of course". As most of already know/suspect, he told me that almost all the players lurk on the message boards during the season. I got the feeling that they have constant conversations about what they see on here. Anyways, Geoff simply said 'that place is crazy' (in a good way).

I just wanted everyone on WSI to know how nice of a guy Geoff is and how great it was for him, as a baseball player, to hit that game winner. Overall, he really wanted to stay here, but family has to come first.

That is a GREAT story. Thanks for sharing that.

rdivaldi
11-17-2005, 09:28 PM
I was thinking 2B, but it looks like 3B this year. I guess he might not be considered a Type C FA.

Just saw the list for FA compensation, Blums not on there. I'm very surprised to see that Carl is only a Type B.

Type A
Wilson Alvarez (LAD), Brad Ausmus (Hou), A.J. Burnett (Fla), Jeromy Burnitz (ChC), Royce Clayton (Ari), Roger Clemens (Hou), Jeff Conine (Fla), Johnny Damon (Bos), Octavio Dotel (Oak), Erubiel Durazo (Oak), Scott Eyre (SF), Kyle Farnsworth (Atl), Rafael Furcal (Atl), Brian Giles (SD), Tom Gordon (NYY), Mark Grudzielanek (StL), Ramon Hernandez (SD), Trevor Hoffman (SD), Bob Howry (Cle), Todd Jones (Fla), Paul Konerko (CWS), Matt Lawton (NYY), Braden Looper (NYM), Kevin Millar (Bos), Bengie Molina (LAA), Matt Morris (StL), Bill Mueller (Bos), Mike Piazza (NYM), Joe Randa (SD), Al Reyes (StL), Kenny Rogers (Tex), B.J. Ryan (Bal), Rudy Seanez (SD), Julian Tavarez (StL), Ugueth Urbina (Phi), Billy Wagner (Phi), Larry Walker (StL), Jeff Weaver (LAD), Rondell White (Det), Bob Wickman (Cle), Tim Worrell (Ari).

Type B
Antonio Alfonseca (Fla), Rich Aurilia (Cin), Paul Byrd (LAA), Hector Carrasco (Was), Elmer Dessens (LAD), Cal Eldred (StL), Juan Encarnacion (Fla), Shawn Estes (Ari), Carl Everett (CWS), Julio Franco (Atl), Nomar Garciaparra (ChC), Alex Gonzalez (Fla), Todd Greene (Col), Chris Hammond (SD), Scott Hatteberg (Oak), Rick Helling (Mil), Roberto Hernandez (NYM), Jason Johnson (Det), Jacque Jones (Min), Al Leiter (NYY), Esteban Loaiza (Was), Kenny Lofton (Phi), Brian Meadows (Pit), Jim Mecir (Fla), Jose Mesa (Pit), Dan Miceli (Col), Kevin Millwood (Cle), Jamie Moyer (Sea), Mike Myers (Bos), Rafael Palmeiro (Bal), Todd Pratt (Phi), Felix Rodriguez (NYY), Reggie Sanders (StL), J.T. Snow (SF), Sammy Sosa (Bal), Russ Springer (Hou), Frank Thomas (CWS), Brett Tomko (SF), Michael Tucker (Phi), Daryle Ward (Pit), Jarrod Washburn (LAA), Bernie Williams (NYY), Preston Wilson (Was), Eric Young (SD).

flo-B-flo
11-17-2005, 09:54 PM
you will live in White Sox fans memories for a long time! YES! We will never forget what you did. Good luck.

santo=dorf
11-17-2005, 10:03 PM

Good stuff.

Bye Geoff! I'll remember the tricky slide in Minnesota as much as your homer in game 3. :smile:

Lip Man 1
11-17-2005, 11:23 PM
From Mark Gonzales' story tonight in the Tribune. I was a little surprised about this part I guess:

"Blum, meanwhile, expressed surprise he didn't get an offer from the Sox.

"It's a little odd that I am going home," Blum said. "It's not like I was overwhelmed with offers after the season I had, but I definitely would have considered coming back to Chicago."

The Sox, however, believed Blum preferred to return to the National League."

Lip

RadioheadRocks
11-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Well Geoff it's been short but sweet... suffice it to say you've earned a special place in the hearts of White Sox fans everywhere. All the best to you!

btw... not sure if anyone else caught this, but check out one of the bonus features that will be on the Sox World Series DVD that will be available on Nov. 29: "...In addition, MLB Productions' unparalleled access gives fans the chance to... have breakfast with Geoff Blum the morning after his dramatic, walk-off home run in Game Three..."

Sxy Mofo
11-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Maybe blum will be our new carl everett. But instead of acquiring him mid-season and missing the playoffs like everett, we acquire blum yearly and have him hit a game winning homer in the world series.

Thanks blum, you'll forever be part of my memories.

"damnit, this inning's over, i can't believe if we win, we're going to have to go through another inning....

... I can't believe that just ****ing happened!"

DaleJRFan
11-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks blum, you'll forever be part of my memories.

"damnit, this inning's over, i can't believe if we win, we're going to have to go through another inning....

... I can't believe that just ****ing happened!"

I told my girlfriend when Blum walked into the batters box, "Blum's going deep". I was more surprised I was actually right. I never get those "here it comes" guesses right! :redneck

Blum will be a hero in Chicago (south side at least) as long as there is still a team playing at USCF. I hope he hits 400 next year. Rock on, Geoff.

nccwsfan
11-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Hats off to you, Geoff Blum. What you did for us in Game 3 of the World Series will live with us forever...

ChiSoxGirl
11-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Remember back in July, all we could talk about on this board was Ken Griffey, Jr. this and Ken Griffey, Jr. that? Well, that didn't pan out (thank goodness) and instead, we got one Geoff Blum. We all asked ourselves, "who?!" when the trade was announced. We questioned Ken Williams throughout those tough months of August & September, wondering why "all we got was Geoff Blum."

I remember driving home from Puffers when Blum came to the plate in Game 3, some time around 12:45a. I was on the phone with DieTrying79 and he said to me, "If he hits a homerun here, I'm getting a Blum jersey." Next pitch... homerun!

That one moment in time, that moment in Sox history, will live on with us forever. Here's to you, Geoff! :gulp: Thanks for playing a part in making the dreams of Sox fans everywhere come true on that very early morning of October 26, 2005!

Flight #24
11-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Just saw the list for FA compensation, Blums not on there. I'm very surprised to see that Carl is only a Type B.

Type A
Wilson Alvarez (LAD), Brad Ausmus (Hou), A.J. Burnett (Fla), Jeromy Burnitz (ChC), Royce Clayton (Ari), Roger Clemens (Hou), Jeff Conine (Fla), Johnny Damon (Bos), Octavio Dotel (Oak), Erubiel Durazo (Oak), Scott Eyre (SF), Kyle Farnsworth (Atl), Rafael Furcal (Atl), Brian Giles (SD), Tom Gordon (NYY), Mark Grudzielanek (StL), Ramon Hernandez (SD), Trevor Hoffman (SD), Bob Howry (Cle), Todd Jones (Fla), Paul Konerko (CWS), Matt Lawton (NYY), Braden Looper (NYM), Kevin Millar (Bos), Bengie Molina (LAA), Matt Morris (StL), Bill Mueller (Bos), Mike Piazza (NYM), Joe Randa (SD), Al Reyes (StL), Kenny Rogers (Tex), B.J. Ryan (Bal), Rudy Seanez (SD), Julian Tavarez (StL), Ugueth Urbina (Phi), Billy Wagner (Phi), Larry Walker (StL), Jeff Weaver (LAD), Rondell White (Det), Bob Wickman (Cle), Tim Worrell (Ari).

Type B
Antonio Alfonseca (Fla), Rich Aurilia (Cin), Paul Byrd (LAA), Hector Carrasco (Was), Elmer Dessens (LAD), Cal Eldred (StL), Juan Encarnacion (Fla), Shawn Estes (Ari), Carl Everett (CWS), Julio Franco (Atl), Nomar Garciaparra (ChC), Alex Gonzalez (Fla), Todd Greene (Col), Chris Hammond (SD), Scott Hatteberg (Oak), Rick Helling (Mil), Roberto Hernandez (NYM), Jason Johnson (Det), Jacque Jones (Min), Al Leiter (NYY), Esteban Loaiza (Was), Kenny Lofton (Phi), Brian Meadows (Pit), Jim Mecir (Fla), Jose Mesa (Pit), Dan Miceli (Col), Kevin Millwood (Cle), Jamie Moyer (Sea), Mike Myers (Bos), Rafael Palmeiro (Bal), Todd Pratt (Phi), Felix Rodriguez (NYY), Reggie Sanders (StL), J.T. Snow (SF), Sammy Sosa (Bal), Russ Springer (Hou), Frank Thomas (CWS), Brett Tomko (SF), Michael Tucker (Phi), Daryle Ward (Pit), Jarrod Washburn (LAA), Bernie Williams (NYY), Preston Wilson (Was), Eric Young (SD).

Kevin Millar & Jeromy Burnitz are Type A but Carl Everett & Kevin Millwood are Type B?:nuts: :?:

Shorty1983
11-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Thank you Blumkin, if I ever watch you play in the near future. I will stand and appluad you, but please cut that damn hair dew.