PDA

View Full Version : Mets trade Cameron to Padres for Nady

VivaOzzie
11-16-2005, 05:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2226319

Pending physical.

Crazy that Cameron's last play in a Mets uniform was that ugly collision. I've always been a big fan of Cameron, ever since he was on the Sox.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-16-2005, 05:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2226319

Pending physical.

Crazy that Cameron's last play in a Mets uniform was that ugly collision. I've always been a big fan of Cameron, ever since he was on the Sox.

As a Mets fan, I have this to say :puking: . Manny and or other players better be on their way. Cameron couldn't hit in Shea but he could field with the best of them. Nady is a 4th OF at best. If they are thinking of him for the full time 1B than double :puking: :puking: . Hopefully they are just clearing salary for some major deals (except for Konerko - I hope he stays here).

Ol' No. 2
11-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Mike Cameron hitting in the Dog Bowl? One of two things is going to happen:

1. He'll finally stop trying to hit 60 HR and become a decent hitter, or
2. He'll be the first player to strike out more than 200 times.

For a guy who every year puts up more SO than H, I'd bet on #2.

buehrle4cy05
11-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Mike Cameron hitting in the Dog Bowl? One of two things is going to happen:

1. He'll finally stop trying to hit 60 HR and become a decent hitter, or
2. He'll be the first player to strike out more than 200 times.

For a guy who every year puts up more SO than H, I'd bet on #2.

Nobody who tries to hit home runs can hit in San Diego. Hopefully Cameron will take option #2.

However, San Diego just gained a heck of a centerfielder to patrol that spacious centerfielder. I would say that they got the better end of the deal.

Optipessimism
11-16-2005, 06:40 PM
IMO this is a great deal for the Pads. Cameron's defense is far and away more important than his bat, but he has power and could hit quite a few doubles in Petco. I don't know what the Mets are going to end up doing with Nady though.

TimoPerez
11-16-2005, 09:16 PM
IMO this is a great deal for the Pads. Cameron's defense is far and away more important than his bat, but he has power and could hit quite a few doubles in Petco. I don't know what the Mets are going to end up doing with Nady though.

He'll probably platoon with Mike Jacobs at first base if he is not spun off in another deal.

Jjav829
11-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Very good trade for the Padres. There is no position in Petco San Diego where they need a good defensive player more. They had problems with center field all year long. This gives the Pads a guy who can run down flyballs with the best of 'em. And if this trade managers to get Ryan Klesko out of left field, well, they will have improved defensively in left field as well.

SoxSpeed22
11-16-2005, 09:35 PM
I liked Cameron when he was here. This is a good deal for the Pads. The Mets are goin' for Manny, that's the only explanation for this trade.

duke of dorwood
11-16-2005, 09:45 PM
I was at his big night while with Seattle

Ol' No. 2
11-17-2005, 06:16 PM
I liked Cameron when he was here. This is a good deal for the Pads. The Mets are goin' for Manny, that's the only explanation for this trade.Not Manny. The Mets are going after Delgado, and Nady could be included in that deal. The Fish need a RF. If they get Nady they can let Encarnacion go. If the Mets don't get Delgado, they'll play Nady at 1B.

RKMeibalane
11-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Very good trade for the Padres. There is no position in Petco San Diego where they need a good defensive player more. They had problems with center field all year long. This gives the Pads a guy who can run down flyballs with the best of 'em. And if this trade managers to get Ryan Klesko out of left field, well, they will have improved defensively in left field as well.

I don't know why, but this post made me laugh. Maybe it's because I keep picturing Klesko trying to run after flyballs.