PDA

View Full Version : Comcast to Replay Playoffs: Press Release Info

pudge
11-16-2005, 12:28 PM
12-18-05 EDIT:
Please read!

Comcast Sports Net has apparently changed it's schedule. For the new schedule of Sox post-season games, click the link to this post (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=974463&postcount=111), which is a couple pages deep in this thread.

- doub

Here are some highlights from the press release:

Chicago, IL (November 16, 2005) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home of the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox, will provide its viewers with a special gift this holiday season entitled White Sox Holiday Celebration: Journey to the Championship presented by Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana Chevy Dealers. This unprecedented, month-long holiday present to viewers will include replays of all three ALDS games against the Boston Red Sox, all five ALCS games against the Los Angeles Angels, plus, all four games of the thrilling 2005 World Series against the Houston Astros. In addition, Comcast SportsNet will air every game’s accompanying White Sox Post Game Live, plus, a pair of 90-minute specials that will soon be made available to the general public on DVD: Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox and the 2005 Official World Series Film. The announcement was made by James J. Corno, Senior Vice President/General Manager for Comcast SportsNet Chicago.
WHITE SOX HOLIDAY CELEBRATION: JOURNEY TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP

PRESENTED BY CHICAGOLAND & NORTHWEST INDIANA CHEVY DEALERS

Thursday, November 24

7:00 PM – 2005 Official World Series Film (DEBUT: 90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Friday, December 2

10:30 PM – 2005 Official World Series Film (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Tuesday, December 6

7:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox(DEBUT: 90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

8:30 PM – 2005 Official World Series Film (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Saturday, December 10

12:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Saturday, December 17

7:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Sunday, December 18

12:00 PM – 2005 Official World Series Film (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

3:00 PM – ALDS Game 1: Boston at White Sox (Oct. 4: Sox smack five HR’s in 14-2 route)

5:30 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

-more-

COMCAST SPORTSNET TO REPLAY EVERY WHITE SOX PLAYOFF GAME & MORE/3-3-3-3

Monday, December 19

7:00 PM – ALDS Game 2: Boston at White Sox (Oct. 5: Iguchi 3-run shot follows Graffanino error)

11:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

Tuesday, December 20

7:00 PM – ALDS Game 3: White Sox at Boston (Oct. 7: ‘El Duque’ gets out of bases loaded, no out jam in sixth inning)

11:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (expanded ALDS clinch celebration with locker room interviews)

Wednesday, December 21

7:00 PM – ALCS Game 1: LA Angels at White Sox (Oct. 11: White Sox only playoff loss, by one run no less)

11:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

Thursday, December 22

7:00 PM – ALCS Game 2: LA Angels at White Sox (Oct. 12: Buehrle complete game, Crede GW double in bottom of ninth)

Saturday, December 24

11:00 AM – ALCS Game 3: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 14: Garland complete game, Konerko two-run HR in first)

1:30 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

2:30 PM – ALCS Game 4: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 15: Garcia complete game, Konerko three-run HR in first)

5:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

8:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Monday, December 26

11:00 AM – ALCS Game 5: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 16: Contreras complete game, Sox win first AL Pennant since ‘59)

2:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (expanded ALCS clinch celebration with numerous on field interviews)

Tuesday, December 27

7:00 PM – World Series Game 1: Houston at White Sox (Oct. 22: Crede GW home run, Jenks three K’s for save)

Thursday, December 29

7:00 PM – World Series Game 2: Houston at White Sox (Oct. 23: Podsednik GW home run in bottom of ninth)

-more-

COMCAST SPORTSNET TO REPLAY EVERY WHITE SOX PLAYOFF GAME & MORE/4-4-4-4

Saturday, December 31

12:00 PM – World Series Game 3: White Sox at Houston (Oct. 25: Blum GW home run, longest game in World Series history)

5:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)

Sunday, January 1, 2006

7:00 PM – World Series Game 4: White Sox at Houston (Oct. 26: Dye GW single in shutout win, White Sox win World Series!)

11:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (two and a half hours of championship celebration coverage from Houston & Chicago)

Monday, January 2, 2006

7:00 PM – Salute to the White Sox: Parade & Rally Celebration (Oct. 28: three hours of coverage from downtown Chicago)

11:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

itsnotrequired
11-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Awesome!:D:

SoxSpeed22
11-16-2005, 12:31 PM
instantly...
:threadrules:
Thanks for the info Pudge!:thumbsup:

tacosalbarojas
11-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Sweet...Thanksgiving Night programming!

mwc44
11-16-2005, 12:35 PM
At last... a use for that VCR that has been drawing dust the last few years! :supernana:

Baby Fisk
11-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Just reading those mini-descriptors of each game was sweeeeet! The Sox went on a right royal TEAR this post-season! :thumbsup:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
11-16-2005, 12:37 PM
That's freakin sweet

cbrownson13
11-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Awesome, I taped the first game when I went back home, then forgot the tape at home and didn't get the chance to tape any others. I guess now I have my chance.

DaveIsHere
11-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Can we make this schedule a STICKY:smile:

Stoky44
11-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Anybody who owns a DVD recorder, could you PM me. I have a few questions, and I am thinking that it could be a good investment for these games. Considering the White Sox will probably not sell a box set.

Iwritecode
11-16-2005, 01:03 PM
This is the greatest thing I have read this entire off-season. Being my usual superstitious self I didn't tape a single game of the post-season. Now I just have to go out and buy a 20-pack of blank tapes...

:)

Iwritecode
11-16-2005, 01:04 PM

I second that request.

BTW, is there a website or something for confirmation?

SoxFan78
11-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Awesome! I will be stuck to my sofa the whole time watching this stuff. Can't wait!

D. TODD
11-16-2005, 01:13 PM
This is the greatest thing I have read this entire off-season. Being my usual superstitious self I didn't tape a single game of the post-season. Now I just have to go out and buy a 20-pack of blank tapes...

:) Same with me. I'm not the most superstitious guy, but taping games is one of them. Now I will defiantly tape the entire postseason, Thanks, Comcast!:D:

pants rowland
11-16-2005, 01:19 PM
here's the link to the official comcast announcement...

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=19354

kninchicago
11-16-2005, 01:39 PM
WOW!

Seriously, I'm going to buy a VCR for this. All I have now is a DVD player and a DVR. It'll be worth the investment.

Iwritecode
11-16-2005, 01:42 PM
I wonder how Comcast managed this considering the games were originally broadcast on ESPN and Fox?

I wonder if we'll still have to see Scooter...

anewman35
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
I wonder how Comcast managed this considering the games were originally broadcast on ESPN and Fox?

I wonder if we'll still have to see Scooter...

They worked out a deal with MLB according to the PR. I'm sure these will be identical to the original broadcasts, except possibly with a Comcast logo over (or in addition to) the ESPN or Fox logos.

southsidesoxfan1
11-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Best news I've heard since the sox won the world series. My wife bought me a dvd recorder a couple of weeks ago for the birthday and I been slowly converting the playoff games from vhs to dvd. Forget it now, the satelite is going to pump that nice digital signal through the s-cable to the dvd recorder. This is as good as it gets.
:supernana:

clogoodie
11-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Great news! Definitely need to fire up the VCRs and DVRs for this. Though it will certainly reduce the need for a 12 DVD set like the Red Sox got last year.

If you look at that scedule, it appears that they're going to be showing both DVD's currently available on MLB.com, the official WS highlights one and the Comcast produced season in review one. Depending on your recording equipment, you might not need to buy those physical DVDs now.

Any chance Comcast replaces the ESPN/FOX audio with Rooney and Farmer?? :D:

Iwritecode
11-16-2005, 01:58 PM
WOW!

Seriously, I'm going to buy a VCR for this. All I have now is a DVD player and a DVR. It'll be worth the investment.

I might be out the day after Thanksgiving looking for a DVD recorder. I got a nice DVD/VCR combo for $50 last year.

anewman35
11-16-2005, 02:01 PM
If you look at that scedule, it appears that they're going to be showing both DVD's currently available on MLB.com, the official WS highlights one and the Comcast produced season in review one. Depending on your recording equipment, you might not need to buy those physical DVDs now.

The actual DVDs will have bonus material that I presume wouldn't be broadcast, but I suppose it remains to be seen how good the bonus material is.

Madvora
11-16-2005, 02:35 PM
I seriously think I'm going to have to buy a DVD recorder just for this!

Rocky Soprano
11-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Awesome!!!

kninchicago
11-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Geez I didn't even know DVD recorders existed until I read this thread! I looked them up and you can get them for as low as $100. I thought they'd be like $600+. It's a Christmas Miracle!

doublem23
11-16-2005, 02:56 PM

Ask and ye shall recieve.

Though, please do not discuss taping them, or asking people to do it for you, or what not. These are still copyrighted broadcasts and I'd hate for this thread to get thrown in the Roadhouse.

MUsoxfan
11-16-2005, 03:00 PM
It's a Christmas Miracle!

Another Festivus miracle!

IlliniSox4Life
11-16-2005, 03:09 PM
I just hope they win game 1 of the ALCS this time!

pudge
11-16-2005, 03:16 PM
I just hope they win game 1 of the ALCS this time!

Then what would they do with Game 5?

Palehose13
11-16-2005, 03:18 PM
:(: Sounds great. Wish I could see it or wish they would consider making a box set.

starboy0
11-16-2005, 03:40 PM

I was in the same boat. Due to superstition I listened to the games on the radio, outside in my back yard by the picnic table.

Now it's time to VCR up. This is such a great thing Comcast is doing!

TheOldRoman
11-16-2005, 03:42 PM
:(: Sounds great. Wish I could see it or wish they would consider making a box set.
That's the beauty of it. Now that they are replaying the games, I will copy them on DVDs and sell the set on WSI for a low low price of...

:cool:
I know we have been talking about the box set, but I would pay a lot of money for that. I will be very angry if it doesnt happen. With all the Sox merchandise flying off the shelves, MLB has to figure it out. This box set would sell like hotcakes.

Vernam
11-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Fab news, but it would be even cooler if they'd run Rooney's and Farmio's audio to drown out Berman. And Buck. And McCarver. And . . .

My DirecTV Tivo unit died right before the playoffs, which seemed like awful timing. But I replaced it with a unit that has three times as much storage and was basically free with a rebate. :bandance: Of course, the extra gigs are now clogged with Sox games, but it's a good problem to have.

Vernam

cheeses_h_rice
11-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Are they re-broadcasting the games with the original broadcast angles and announcers?

Dan Mega
11-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Tuesday, December 27

7:00 PM – World Series Game 1: Houston at White Sox (Oct. 22: Crede GW home run, Jenks three K’s for save)

I thought it was a double? :D:

Oh well, time to fire up my Tivo! I also have it networked to my home PC so I can compress and burn the games into DVD format. Sweet.

chisoxmike
11-16-2005, 04:03 PM
:putitontheboard

Madvora
11-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Oh great... double play, now Geoff Blum's up, might as well turn this off...
I think that game's going to take up more than one DVD. I wonder how to pull that off?
Anyone?

chisoxmike
11-16-2005, 04:16 PM
I personally want to shake the hand of the person who thought of this.

Madvora
11-16-2005, 04:18 PM
I personally want to shake the hand of the person who thought of this.
We all thought of this. It's just that someone else actually decided to do it.

Iwritecode
11-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Are they re-broadcasting the games with the original broadcast angles and announcers?

They worked out a deal with MLB according to the PR. I'm sure these will be identical to the original broadcasts, except possibly with a Comcast logo over (or in addition to) the ESPN or Fox logos.

Maybe you should look into that lasik surgery. :wink:

skobabe8
11-16-2005, 04:41 PM
It just keeps gettin better and better! :D:

Baby Fisk
11-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Is there any way of encouraging the powers that be to produce a box set? It's killing me thinking that such a set as Boston got last year won't be produced for us. :mad:

Sox35th
11-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Man......I wish I knew this was going to be on Comcast before I ordered the two DVD's from MLB.com (The world series and the Sox pride DVD's) :(:

whitesoxfan
11-16-2005, 04:56 PM
this made my day. Time to buy some VHS tapes and start recording :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
11-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Maybe you should look into that lasik surgery. :wink:

That post speculated that the broadcasts would be the same. If I wanted speculation, I'd go to soxtalk.com. :wink:

buehrle4cy05
11-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Well, there goes spending time with family over winter break.:redneck

Dolly
11-16-2005, 06:29 PM
That's AWESOME!!!!! I am setting my Tivo as we speak!!!!! BTW, it didn't say how much it would cost to buy the DVD's with the bonus footage... anyone know?

Iwritecode
11-16-2005, 06:50 PM
That post speculated that the broadcasts would be the same. If I wanted speculation, I'd go to soxtalk.com. :wink:

Well if anewman35 said it, then that's good enough for me. :neener:

anewman35
11-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Well if anewman35 said it, then that's good enough for me. :neener:

Well, obviously. I know everything, right? :D:

Nobody probably remembers this, but last winter I had the gall to actually suggest that maybe JR WASN'T evil, and maybe we COULD win the World Series on our payroll. So it's good to see people have learned to listen to me now!:cool:

Fuller_Schettman
11-16-2005, 08:29 PM
I strongly encourage everyone to go out and buy a DVR/DVD recorder. I bought my Toshiba in February and I have a lovely set of DVDs of the Illini run for the title and the entire Soxtober collection.

You can find a Toshiba RSTX20 for about $450. Comes with free Tivo basic. 120GB hard drive. Sweet machine!

Lip Man 1
11-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Question:

If you are outside the Chicago area will Comcast Sports Chicago be blacked out while showing the Sox post season replays?

Lip

MarySwiss
11-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Is there any way of encouraging the powers that be to produce a box set? It's killing me thinking that such a set as Boston got last year won't be produced for us. :mad:

Second that!

mike squires
11-16-2005, 11:50 PM
off season won't be so long afterall!!!!

Wsoxmike59
11-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Mods you may want to stick this thread to keep the broadcast schedule handy.

Get your VCR's and Tivo ready, Comcast Sportsnet is set to rebroadcast the entire Postseason run (all 12 games!) of the Sox march to the title.

Also as a bonus they will PREMIERE the 2005 White Sox World Series DVD and SEASON HIGHLIGHT VIDEO: Sox Pride The Story of the World Champion 2005 White Sox

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051116comcast,1,7878395.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

The broadcast schedule for the Sox related programming:

Nov. 24 (7 p.m.) and Dec. 2 (10:30 p.m.)
"2005 Official World Series Film"

Dec. 6 (7 p.m.) "Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox," followed by the "2005 Official World Series Film" at 8:30 p.m.

Dec. 10 (noon) "Sox Pride: The story of the World Champion White Sox"

Dec. 17 (7p.m.) Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox

Dec. 18 (noon): 2005 Official World Series Film, followed at 3 p.m. by ALDS Game 1, Boston at White Sox, (Oct. 4: Sox smack five home runs in 14-2 rout) followed by White Sox Post Game Live

Dec. 19 (7 p.m.) ALDS Game 2, Boston at White Sox (Oct. 5: Iguchi 3 run shot follows Graffanino error), followed by White Sox Post Game Live

Dec. 20 (7 p.m.) ALDS Game 3: White Sox at Boston (Oct. 7: El Duque gets out of bases loaded, no out jam in 6th inn) followed by White Sox Post Game Live (with expanded coverage ALDS clinch celebration)

Dec. 21 (7 p.m.) ALCS Game 1: LA Angels at White Sox (Oct.11: White Sox's only playoff loss) followed by White Sox Post game Live.

Dec. 22 (7p.m.) ALCS Game 2: LA Angels at White Sox (Oct. 12: Buehrle complete game, Pierzynski dropped third strike controversy, Crede's game winning double in the bottom of the ninth) followed by White Sox Post Game Live

Dec. 24 (11a.m.) ALCS Game 3: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 14: Garland complete game, Konerko two run HR in first) followed by White Sox Post game Live

Dec. 24 (2:30 p.m.) ALCS Game 4: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 15: Garcia complete game, Konerko three run HR in 1st) followed by White Sox Post Game Live

Dec. 24 (8 p.m.) Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox

Dec. 26 (11 am.) ALCS Game 5 White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 16: Contreras complete game, Sox win first AL Pennant since '59) followed by White Sox Post Game Live (expanded ALCS clinch celebration)

Dec. 27 (7 p.m.) World series Game 1: Houston at White Sox (Crede's game winning HR, Jenks three K's for save) follwed by White Sox Post Game Live

Dec. 29 (7 p.m.) World Series Game 2: Houston at White Sox (Oct. 23 Podsednik's GW HR in bottom of 9th) followed by White Sox Post game Live

Dec. 31 (noon): World Series Game 3: White Sox at Houston (Oct. 25: Blum's GW HR, longest game in WS history) followed by White Sox Post Game Live

Jan 1: (7 p.m.) World Series Game 4: Sx at Houston (Oct 26: Dye's game winning single in shut out win, Sox win World Series) followe by White Sox Post Game Live (2 1/2 hours of championship celebration coverage from Houston & Chicago

Jan 2 (7 p.m.) salute to the White Sox: Parade & Rally Celebration (Oct. 28: 3 hours of coverage from downtown Chicago

Jan 2. (11p.m.) Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox

IggyD
11-17-2005, 07:26 AM
Sweeeeet...that should help with the withdraws I have been having

I think this is a better link instead of using the cubune...and you do not need to register with them.
Comcast Link (http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=19354)

soxinthecity
11-17-2005, 07:48 AM
Did'nt get to watch the ALDS, but I actually watched all of the AlCS and the World Series.

Usually I would be thinking if I did and they lost I would be the reason why, but I watched anyway and If they lost, I got to watch them play and I wasn't going to miss out on those moments.

Now I can watch without the supersticious rituals I had knowing the outcome and really get to enjoy each game.

salty99
11-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but Comcast is reairing all the playoff games along with postgame and new video highlights.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051116comcast,1,7878395.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Madvora
Look up

salty99
Oops..I just saw the sticky thread. sorry please remove this thread

salty99
11-17-2005, 08:47 AM
does anyone know if they broadcasting the games in Hi-def???

DaleJRFan
11-17-2005, 08:49 AM
does anyone know if they broadcasting the games in Hi-def???

Gawd, I hope so.. and perfectly timed too. I will be on vacation from Dec. 14th thru Jan 4th, so I should get to watch every minute, assuming I'm out of bed.

sageofthesox
11-17-2005, 10:07 AM
This is the best news I've heard since October 26. I'm going to run a satellite cable out to my garage which will serve as a sanctuary for White Sox fans during upcoming holiday family gatherings.

infohawk
11-17-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm excited about this!

Medford Bobby
11-17-2005, 10:57 AM
:(: Gee Lip you read my small smal mind, yes.... there is a good chance that the rest of us around the country will get those replays BLACKED OUT. Last year NESN replayed the Red Cubs WS games and almost all were blacked..(just a couple WS games for some reason were not). I need to get game 2 of the Red Sox playoff game and of course the full extra inning Astros game on tape still.

:o: Maybe the full Sox series's will be available in a huge box set in 2006.
I'll still buy the special DVD WS edition as you can't beat the xtras that won't be shown on Comcast......:rolleyes:

:bandance: They need to save these games to play on Comcast during Cup rain delays........................:o:

kevingrt
11-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Beautiful

spongyfungy
11-18-2005, 02:26 AM
Best Buy (http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/bestbuy) Lite-on LVW-1101H DVD Recorder - $69.99 AR (http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Item/1314) *

Black Friday

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/7338/7338543_rc.jpg
(http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:fnHardlineProductView%28%271118845619709%27,% 20%277338543%27,%27false%27,%27cat13506%27%29)
Lite On Mini Progressive-Scan DVD+R/+RW Recorder
Model: LVW-1101H
With this DVD recorder, you can easily record favorite programs or home movies onto quality DVDs with just one touch. The on-screen Easy Guider menu makes it even easier.

Meijer and Office Max has the same thing for the same price.

wassagstdu
11-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Looks like several people here will be making DVDs of the whole schmear. Why doesn't some entrepreneurial person or group here negotiate a license with Comcast or MLB or whoever and make a ton of money selling them on WSI?.

anewman35
11-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Looks like several people here will be making DVDs of the whole schmear. Why doesn't some entrepreneurial person or group here negotiate a license with Comcast or MLB or whoever and make a ton of money selling them on WSI?.

I'm pretty sure said person would need millions and millions of dollars to do so. Anybody have that sitting around?

Hitmen77
11-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Best Buy (http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/bestbuy) Lite-on LVW-1101H DVD Recorder - $69.99 AR (http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Item/1314) *

Black Friday

(http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:fnHardlineProductView%28%271118845619709%27,% 20%277338543%27,%27false%27,%27cat13506%27%29)
With this DVD recorder, you can easily record favorite programs or home movies onto quality DVDs with just one touch. The on-screen Easy Guider menu makes it even easier.

Does anyone know how many hours can be recorded on a DVD using a recorder? If it's only 2 hours, then that won't work for a ball game and 90 minute postgame show.

Iwritecode
11-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know how many hours can be recorded on a DVD using a recorder? If it's only 2 hours, then that won't work for a ball game and 90 minute postgame show.

Basically, all DVD recorders have 1,2,4, and 6 hour recording modes, and some may also have 2 1/2, 3, 3 1/2, 4 1/2, and 8 hour modes as well.
Keep in mind that if you want the recording to be of "DVD quality" you need to use either the one hour or two hour modes -- if all you want is VHS quality, the 4 hour mode would be similar to the VHS SP 2 hour speed. Recordings made at 6, 8, or 16 hours would be of very poor quality.

Another factor to keep in mind is that if you want your recorded DVD to play in most other DVD players, you have the best chance with the 1 or 2 hour recording modes. Due to the amount of compression needed to fit more video time on a DVD, you may experience some skips and stalls on some DVD players.

I had this site linked in the other thread that ended up in the ****house.

Lots of good info. (http://hometheater.about.com/od/dvdrecorderfaqs/a/dvdrecfaqintro.htm)

Also remember that if you edit out commercials you can probably cut a good 30 minutes out. :cool:

Iwritecode
11-18-2005, 09:01 AM

Black Friday

(http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:fnHardlineProductView%28%271118845619709%27,% 20%277338543%27,%27false%27,%27cat13506%27%29)

Lite On? :?:

I'm always a little weary of getting electronics made by companies that I've never heard off. Or Sony...

anewman35
11-18-2005, 09:07 AM

I'm always a little weary of getting electronics made by companies that I've never heard off. Or Sony...

I've had a few Lite On CD Burners in my computer. They work ok. But of course it's not going to be a good brand, not for $70...

SouthSoxFan
11-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Has anyone outside of the midwest figured out a way to get Comcast Sports Chicago? I have DirecTV, but they are telling me that the sports package would not include Comcast Chicago because its only a regional network.

Iwritecode
11-18-2005, 09:34 AM
I've had a few Lite On CD Burners in my computer. They work ok. But of course it's not going to be a good brand, not for $70...

On Black Friday you can get all kinds of name-brand stuff dirt cheap. I did last year at least...

cheeses_h_rice
11-18-2005, 09:59 AM

Do you think MLB is in the business of negotiating penny ante deals like this? There's no way they'd do it unless the revenue stream was well into 6 figures if not 7.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Any comments on Comcast Digital Cable. I live in Chicago on the Northwest Side. I am thinking about buying cable.

I called for pricing to get Digital Basic $56.99. I also was going to get the Premier ($5 more) to get the Soccer and 3 Fox Sports Channels.

I am buying the digital to have access to NHL Center Ice ($159), MLB Extra Innings ($169) and ESPN College Football ($99) down the line.

They said Encore channel was $5 more.

Any good or bad experiences to relay about Comcast before I order?

Seems like a lot of money for TV but I am thinking about ordering to tape these games as I am afraid they won't put out a full box set as they did for the all so important Boston Red Sox Nation.

Thanks

wassagstdu
11-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Do you think MLB is in the business of negotiating penny ante deals like this? There's no way they'd do it unless the revenue stream was well into 6 figures if not 7.

You mean every company or organization that prints a T-shirt with a licensed MLB logo is Fortune 500?

kninchicago
11-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Southside_Hitmen Check your email--I sent you some stuff regarding upgrading TV.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Southside_Hitmen Check your email--I sent you some stuff regarding upgrading TV.

Thanks for the info - I don't know if I can get it based on the need to have a clear shot for the receiption and I have too many trees to get a clear path. I think I will be able to get my brothers and or another friend to tape as many games as possible. I haven't bought cable / satelite over the years based on principal and there are several channels I wouldn't want nor do I wan't my money to go to those companies. I hope one day there will be ala carte selection and people will have the freedom to pick and choose channels.

cheeses_h_rice
11-18-2005, 12:49 PM
You mean every company or organization that prints a T-shirt with a licensed MLB logo is Fortune 500?

Of course not. But you're talking about THE premier product that baseball offers, its broadcasts, which is a far cry from making T-shirts and other chotchkes. I'm positive MLB wouldn't negotiate a deal with an unproven entity or group of investors unless they had previous experience putting together a quality sports package like this.

Greg1983
11-19-2005, 09:03 AM
I live in Indianapolis and cannot get Comcast Sports Net, and I don't want to miss this!

Is there anyone willing to somehow record these for me? I know we're probably skirting around copyright laws and don't want to do anything illegal, but I want these games so desperately!!!

Anyone willing to help please post a reply or contact me.

Greg1983

shbart
11-19-2005, 09:29 AM
O.k., two things:
1) Note to Jim Corno: This may actually make up for that debacle where Comcast Sports had no signal during one of the late season games against Cleveland and didn't realize the non-HD signal was out until after the game started. It took until the 6th inning to give us a compressed HD picture.

2) I work at a community television station and we've been using the consumer Lite-On machine for dubbing. It's an excellent product for the price. Don't be paranoid about the non-Panasonic/Sony name. These guys deserve your business because they're forcing the big boys to knock their price down. For tech geeks, they're are front inputs and our model has firewire, so you can run a miniDV cam directly in and make discs. This machine should replace your VCR.

chisoxfanatic
11-19-2005, 02:42 PM
This is the greatest idea CSN has come up with yet! Despite the sound problems, CSN has been covering Chicago sports much better than FSN ever did!

Iwritecode
11-19-2005, 04:47 PM
I work at a community television station and we've been using the consumer Lite-On machine for dubbing. It's an excellent product for the price. Don't be paranoid about the non-Panasonic/Sony name. These guys deserve your business because they're forcing the big boys to knock their price down. For tech geeks, they're are front inputs and our model has firewire, so you can run a miniDV cam directly in and make discs. This machine should replace your VCR.

There's no s-video plug-in... :(:

hsnterprize
11-19-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think the rebroadcasts of the World Series games will be the Fox broadcasts. I could be wrong, and in the grander scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. But here's why I'm mentioning this...

I was watching ESPN Classic one day, and they were playing Game 7 of the 2001 Series between Arizona and the Yanks. It was the same games and camera angles the Fox network used, but it wasn't a Fox broadcast. It was a Major League Baseball broadcast, complete with its own logos, graphics, and other tangibles. Also, instead of Joe Buck and company announcing the game, Gary Thorne was calling the game...I don't know who was analyzing it. Bottom line is, I think this will be the official Major League Baseball production of the World Series, and not the Fox network broadcast of it.

I'm not sure how ESPN will be dealt with for this airing, but I'm thinking the World Series itself may not be the Fox broadcast we saw back in October. Not that it really matters anyway because we ALL know how this movie ends.

spongyfungy
11-20-2005, 09:50 PM

I trust Lite-on. I bought about 20 lite-on burners before and I find them reliable..
you can go a bit more name brand and buy

Samsung DVD-R120 Progressive Scan DVD Recorder - $99.99 AR (http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Item/1598) Samsung Progressive-Scan DVD-R/-RW/RAM Recorder with IEEE 1394 Input
Model: DVD-R120
wS('1','15')http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/global/misc/spacer.gif
This DVD recorder gives you the power to archive all of your favorite TV programs and home movies to long-lasting DVDs, so you can view them over and over again.
Friday morning..

shbart
11-20-2005, 10:15 PM
There's no s-video plug-in... :(:

It looks like the Samsung has the S input you looking for...as do most of the other machines that cost more. The only one that 's cheaper and has an S connector at Best Buy is the CyberHome DVR1600. No idea if that's a machine worth buying.

Iwritecode
11-21-2005, 10:00 AM
I'm really liking this one. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7006508&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat13900050019&id=1099392260245)

Records DVD-R/-RW/+R/RAM

Plays back DVD, DVD-Audio, DVD-R/-RW, DVD+R/+RW, DVD-RAM, CD, CD-R/RW, CD-DA, video CD and MP3

At $149.99 this is the cheapest "name-brand" one that I've seen that plays and records on most of the formats.

:bandance:

pinwheels3530
11-21-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm really liking this one. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7006508&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat13900050019&id=1099392260245)

At $149.99 this is the cheapest "name-brand" one that I've seen that plays and records on most of the formats.

I just purchased something similar to that model except that I got the VHS combo with it.

shbart
11-21-2005, 12:18 PM

That's probably the machine I'd opt for (the more we talk about this, the more I see myself buying one for home). Only drawback is this one doesn't have the firewire input and does not record +RW (this may not be an issue for you). Btw, Panasonic has DVD Ram. We record school board meetings and city council on 4 hour re-writable discs and it works very well.

Iwritecode
11-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I just printed the schedule and noticed a couple of things.

The schedule starts on November 24 but they are showing basically the same thing on 3 different days. They are also repeating stuff on Dec. 17th & 18th.

For those recording, this is probably the best day because they are showing both films back 2 back.

Tuesday, December 6
7:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (DEBUT: 90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)
8:30 PM – 2005 Official World Series Film (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Also note this date:

Saturday, December 24
11:00 AM – ALCS Game 3: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 14: Garland complete game, Konerko two-run HR in first)
1:30 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (post game press conferences and player interviews)
2:30 PM – ALCS Game 4: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 15: Garcia complete game, Konerko three-run HR in first)
8:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

They are showing 2 games back to back with complete post-game coverage and the Sox Pride film again. Even with just the two games that's about 7.5 hours of recording time. You might want to keep an eye on your VCR, DVD recorder and change out the tape/disc in-between. Especially if you want each game seperate.

Vernam
11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
It looks like the Samsung has the S input you looking for...as do most of the other machines that cost more. The only one that 's cheaper and has an S connector at Best Buy is the CyberHome DVR1600. No idea if that's a machine worth buying.I picked up that CyberHome unit and am going to return it. Too many dropouts on the DVD I burned on Saturday -- glad I didn't delete the original recordings on my Tivo.

Any chance the glitches were due to my using a DVD+RW instead of +R? It wasn't terrible, but I'm willing to pay more for a reliable machine.

Vernam

pinwheels3530
11-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know if the DVR that comcast offers is compatible with DVD Recorder? I am about to upgrade & I want to make it's worth it.

whitesox4life
11-24-2005, 10:31 PM
I cried while watching the dvd

downstairs
11-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Question about this:

I'm looking to tape all of these games and post-games.

Does anyone know how long the post-games will last? Comcast doesn't mention a stop time for those. I assume the World Series winning one is real long, but the others should be pretty standard.

Technically, the post-games went on for hours (i.e. ESPNNews would just pick it up here and there after awhile)... but I doubt Comcast will replay every single interview.

yessssssss
11-28-2005, 11:41 AM
I have DirectTV and their version of Tivo. I tivo'd the broadcast on Thanksgiving, and when I went back to watch it, it started 36 minutes into it. Th8is is the first problem I've ever had with it, any ideas?

:mad:

Iwritecode
11-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Question about this:

Does anyone know how long the post-games will last? Comcast doesn't mention a stop time for those. I assume the World Series winning one is real long, but the others should be pretty standard.

Technically, the post-games went on for hours (i.e. ESPNNews would just pick it up here and there after awhile)... but I doubt Comcast will replay every single interview.

The runtimes of each game are in the box scores on mlb.com or espn.com. You can probably cut a good half-hour out if you don't record the commercials. IIRC, the post-game shows are 1.5 hours.

Fightin'IrishSox
12-05-2005, 09:14 AM

Just to let everyone know . . . I had ordered my DVD through MLB.com, and inside the case was an insert advertising the White Sox Collector's Edition Box Set (All playoff games in their entirety, plus "special features") . . . which they claim is due out in March . . . seemed like a similar package as the BoSox one

Iwritecode
12-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Just to let everyone know . . . I had ordered my DVD through MLB.com, and inside the case was an insert advertising the White Sox Collector's Edition Box Set (All playoff games in their entirety, plus "special features") . . . which they claim is due out in March . . . seemed like a similar package as the BoSox one

Everyone else who has mentioned this has said that it's only supposed to be the 4 WS games...

anewman35
12-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Everyone else who has mentioned this has said that it's only supposed to be the 4 WS games...

That's not exactly true. It doesn't specify anywhere exactly what it is. It only mentions the World Series, but doesn't say anywhere that it WON'T be more than that, and the box shown looks very much like the Red Sox box (which also only has "World Series" in tht title), so it's not determined yet what's on it.

Frater Perdurabo
12-05-2005, 10:54 AM
:tomatoaward:

Too bad I don't get Comcast Sports Chicago down here in Texas, and too bad that I don't have the money to pay for a service that could get it to me.

chisoxmatt
12-06-2005, 09:56 PM
I guess i'm going to have to get the cheapest DVR thingy i can get. I'm not recording them on VHS.

cws05champ
12-12-2005, 10:08 PM
I ordered the sports Pak so I could get Comcast SN out of Chicago to see/record all of the games and WS DVD. Come to find out, after the WS film went black on me, that they would not play any of the Whitesox games or WS film out side the Chicago Area. Needless to say I was :angry: .

I got some of the playoff games before on my Tivo, but missed the last two games of the WS due to Hurricane Wilma :whiner: . At least I'll be trabeling back to chicago around New years so maybe I'll get to see some of the games.

Lip Man 1
12-13-2005, 12:31 PM
For what it is worth I watched both the World Series film Thanksgiving night and the season highlight recap film when it came out on The Dish Network and I live in Idaho.

That being said I never understood the reasoning of 'blacking out' taped games or games that were replayed. That makes absolutely zero sense. Everyone knows how the game came out...it's not like you are going to be taking people away from watching anything else's commercials. If people want to watch a reply they obviously like the sport or like that team.

Another reason why baseball is in the shape that it's in.

Lip

Kogs35
12-13-2005, 01:10 PM
For what it is worth I watched both the World Series film Thanksgiving night and the season highlight recap film when it came out on The Dish Network and I live in Idaho.

That being said I never understood the reasoning of 'blacking out' taped games or games that were replayed. That makes absolutely zero sense. Everyone knows how the game came out...it's not like you are going to be taking people away from watching anything else's commercials. If people want to watch a reply they obviously like the sport or like that team.

Another reason why baseball is in the shape that it's in.

Lip

FWIW the nba now blacks out replays, not just mlb now

Lip Man 1
12-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Kogs:

That doesn't mean I understand MLB's reasoning. Unlike the NBA which went through a period of tremendous growth in the 80's and 90's, MLB had the strike and the steroid issue. At this point I think MLB needs to do more. Blacking out replays isn't my idea of the way to do it.

Lip

Kogs35
12-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Kogs:

That doesn't mean I understand MLB's reasoning. Unlike the NBA which went through a period of tremendous growth in the 80's and 90's, MLB had the strike and the steroid issue. At this point I think MLB needs to do more. Blacking out replays isn't my idea of the way to do it.

Lip

i know i just wanted to point what mlb wasnt alone in blacking out replays

slavko
12-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Question about this:

I was checking the length of game in the box scores against what Comcast is allowing for the broadcasts and noticed that some of the games were longer than the time allotted to them. This could mean:

1. Comcast is selling their own commercials and can adjust the time between innings.
2. Parts of the games may be omitted.
3. The games will run over the planned time.

If "3" is the case, there's a chance you can miss recording the tail end of a game. (Example:the 5:41 game has 5 hours allotted to it.)

Another topic:TIVO has the advantage of saving on hard disk what happens during viewing when you pause the TIVO to let's say, get a beer. Your viewing resumes where you left off as if you never went out of the room. The problem with this is that you can't use the pause button to zap commercials because they get saved on the hard disk and get recorded along with the rest of the program. OR IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO CAUSE THE COMMERCIALS TO DISAPPEAR FROM THE RECORDING WHEN I PAUSE THE TIVO? Help, techies, please.

Madvora
12-18-2005, 08:07 AM
I was checking the length of game in the box scores against what Comcast is allowing for the broadcasts and noticed that some of the games were longer than the time allotted to them. This could mean:

1. Comcast is selling their own commercials and can adjust the time between innings.
2. Parts of the games may be omitted.
3. The games will run over the planned time.

If "3" is the case, there's a chance you can miss recording the tail end of a game. (Example:the 5:41 game has 5 hours allotted to it.)

Another topic:TIVO has the advantage of saving on hard disk what happens during viewing when you pause the TIVO to let's say, get a beer. Your viewing resumes where you left off as if you never went out of the room. The problem with this is that you can't use the pause button to zap commercials because they get saved on the hard disk and get recorded along with the rest of the program. OR IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO CAUSE THE COMMERCIALS TO DISAPPEAR FROM THE RECORDING WHEN I PAUSE THE TIVO? Help, techies, please.
I bought a DVD recorder with a hard drive just for this reason. Mine has the ability to edit out commercials (manually.) You can go through your recording and create a playlist of parts of the recording you want. All you have to do is put together all of the parts of the game and not the commericals. You have to do this after the recording is done though, rather than pressing pause during every single commercial break. This way is more precise anyway.

slavko
12-18-2005, 10:14 AM
I bought a DVD recorder with a hard drive just for this reason. Mine has the ability to edit out commercials (manually.) You can go through your recording and create a playlist of parts of the recording you want. All you have to do is put together all of the parts of the game and not the commericals. You have to do this after the recording is done though, rather than pressing pause during every single commercial break. This way is more precise anyway.

That's precisely what I want to do, but TIVO, which has a DVD recorder, doesn't let you. HELP!

mcfish
12-18-2005, 12:16 PM
I have been using this thread as my schedule, but at least today's info is wrong because it says that game 1 starts at 3 pm. Please someone update the schedule on page 1 of this thread. game 1 starts at 2 now and they aren't playing the official WS video today!! I don't know if there are any other changes to the schedule, but today (12-18-05) is different.

FULL SCHEDULE Saturday, December 17
7:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Sunday, December 18
2:00 PM – ALDS Game 1: Boston at White Sox (Oct. 4: Sox smack five HR’s in 14-2 route)

Monday, December 19
7:00 PM – ALDS Game 2: Boston at White Sox (Oct. 5: Iguchi 3-run shot follows Graffanino error)

Tuesday, December 20
7:00 PM – ALDS Game 3: White Sox at Boston (Oct. 7: ‘El Duque’ gets out of bases loaded, no out jam in sixth inning)
11:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (expanded ALDS clinch celebration with locker room interviews)

Wednesday, December 21
7:00 PM – ALCS Game 1: LA Angels at White Sox (Oct. 11: White Sox only playoff loss, by one run no less)

Thursday, December 22
7:00 PM – ALCS Game 2: LA Angels at White Sox (Oct. 12: Buehrle complete game, Crede GW double in bottom of ninth)

Saturday, December 24

Monday, December 26
11:00 AM – ALCS Game 5: White Sox at LA Angels (Oct. 16: Contreras complete game, Sox win first AL Pennant since ‘59)
2:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (expanded ALCS clinch celebration with numerous on field interviews)

Tuesday, December 27

Thursday, December 29
7:00 PM – World Series Game 2: Houston at White Sox (Oct. 23: Podsednik GW home run in bottom of ninth)

Saturday, December 31
12:00 PM – World Series Game 3: White Sox at Houston (Oct. 25: Blum GW home run, longest game in World Series history)

Sunday, January 1, 2006
7:00 PM – World Series Game 4: White Sox at Houston (Oct. 26: Dye GW single in shutout win, White Sox win World Series!)
11:00 PM – White Sox Post Game Live (two and a half hours of championship celebration coverage from Houston & Chicago)

Monday, January 2, 2006
7:00 PM – Salute to the White Sox: Parade & Rally Celebration (Oct. 28: three hours of coverage from downtown Chicago)
11:00 PM – Sox Pride: The Story of the World Champion White Sox (90 minutes, produced by MLB Productions)

Madvora
12-18-2005, 12:28 PM
I have been using this thread as my schedule, but at least today's info is wrong because it says that game 1 starts at 3 pm. Please someone update the schedule on page 1 of this thread. game 1 starts at 2 now and they aren't playing the official WS video today!! I don't know if there are any other changes to the schedule, but today (12-18-05) is different.

I went through and checked the times again today. Today's game is the only one that had the starting time changed. There are small changes in when the postgame show is aired though on some of these games. It's a little confusing on when some of these games end, but all of the starting times are correct.

I checked the comcast sportsnet website and the tv guide websites. I'm still going to check them again every day. I don't want to get screwed out of anything

Joosh
12-18-2005, 01:58 PM
So, should we all go into Chat?

You know, for posterity?

longshot7
12-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Kogs:

Lip

I know.

I sat down to watch the game today and POW - blacked out. I watch NHL replays on CSN all the time. I don't get this - don't they know EVERYONE woul enjoy the replays. Can someone ask Brooks???

nitetrain8601
12-19-2005, 07:50 PM
EDIT:

Please do not discuss theft of copyrighted materials on this forum.

SouthSoxFan
12-20-2005, 12:08 AM
I'm steamed about this blackout too. I bought the sports pack from DirecTV just so I could get these games, and actually let my son watch some post season baseball since he couldn't see the games the first time around as they wrapped up around 11:30 or midnight each day. DirecTV indicated it was a Comcast Sports decision. MLB regional blackout rules wouldn't seem to apply here, since this is a replay. Not sure yet if that's accurate, but I figured calling Comcast might help clarify. Don't they realize Sox fans are all over, not just in the Chicagoland area?

Jaffar
12-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Did anybody notice the poor quality of the replays? It's like they are replaying a copy of vhs tape they made. Just poor, poor quality. I was watching in high def and thought it still looked like crap.

WhteSox725
12-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Did anybody notice the poor quality of the replays? It's like they are replaying a copy of vhs tape they made. Just poor, poor quality. I was watching in high def and thought it still looked like crap.

The footage they are using looks absolutely horrible. Hell my tapes I made of the original games back in October look better than what Comcast has been airing. Unfortunately I don't have ALDS Game 1 and WS Game 3 on tape so I guess I'll have to settle for the "vaseline" games.

Lip Man 1
12-21-2005, 01:34 PM
There may be some truth to the poster who said the blackout was Comcast Sports Chicago's decision and NOT MLB.

Last week I watched a Tampa Bay Devil Rays replay and that wasn't blacked out and right now on Fox Sports Florida they are showing a Marlins replay from May against Colorado. That also isn't being blacked out since I watched part of it while on the exercize bike!

Lip

Fenway
12-21-2005, 01:42 PM
A bar in Boston was getting the games without a blackout :?:

They subscribe to Extra Innings but that shouldn't play a part in December

SouthSoxFan
12-21-2005, 10:24 PM
I subscribed to MLB Extra Innings too. I asked DirecTV if that was even relevant - they said no since that subscription is only active during the regular season.

slavko
12-30-2005, 10:37 AM
More changes in the schedule for games 3 & 4 of the WS. Game 3 now ends at 5:30 and the postgame moves back a half hour. Game 4 begins at 8 instead of 7 (damn Bears postgame) and the G4 postgame begins at midnight not 11PM!!!

Check the Comcast website.

thepaulbowski
12-30-2005, 12:45 PM
I got a little misty eyed last night after Pods hit the HR to end game 2. I love it !!! :bandance:

clogoodie
12-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Is anybody else out there recording the replays with Windows XP Media Center 2005??

JayBeast
01-02-2006, 07:27 PM
watching the parade now, we were on Madison & Lasalle, and could not see a thing but loved every minute of it.:supernana:

PaleHoseGeorge
01-02-2006, 09:02 PM
This is the first I've seen Comcast's coverage of the parade. Very well done. I've been TIVOing the whole thing.

I recorded Channel 32's coverage last October. Big Mistake. Robin Robinson knew virtually none of the ballplayers and spent most of her time wishing the damned thing would be over. I'm not sure what was the low point of their coverage. She got into an argument with one of the other Fox reporters over what Dunbar H.S. is most famous for. Later she started berating Sox Fans for something or other. Too many low points to recall, really...

Comcast's coverage is 100-times better. They even know who the players are. Go figure.

HawkDJ
01-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Due to some techincal difficulties there were a few things I wasn't able to record. To anyone that has been recording the games, could you maybe help me out and copy what I'm missing?? Let me know.

Brian26
01-02-2006, 09:24 PM
I recorded Channel 32's coverage last October. Big Mistake. Robin Robinson knew virtually none of the ballplayers and spent most of her time wishing the damned thing would be over.

I particularly enjoyed it when she completely butchered Podsednik's name. That was just pathetic. But then I read in Sneed or one of those gossip columns that she's good friends with and has dinner with KW all the time. Go figure.

slavko
01-02-2006, 09:38 PM
This is the first I've seen Comcast's coverage of the parade. Very well done. I've been TIVOing the whole thing.

I recorded Channel 32's coverage last October. Big Mistake. Robin Robinson knew virtually none of the ballplayers and spent most of her time wishing the damned thing would be over. I'm not sure what was the low point of their coverage. She got into an argument with one of the other Fox reporters over what Dunbar H.S. is most famous for. Later she started berating Sox Fans for something or other. Too many low points to recall, really...

Comcast's coverage is 100-times better. They even know who the players are. Go figure.

You know what would have been great? If Walter Jacobson was still the big anchor at Fox and he had been forced to do the celebration instead of Robin. Mike Royko (also a Cub lover) used to write of Walter's days as a Cub batboy and tell tales of all the players throwing their jockstraps at him.

The Comcast reporters and studio guys are great. .......But.......I got a leetle problem......

I TIVO'd the WS game 4 postgame at midnight last night and just after the touching moment on field between JR and Paulie's dad the cable system sent the "Emergency Alert Test" signal and green screen. When it was over the postgame sound came back but not the picture, so I'm missing the last 1:05 of the postgame. Obviously I didn't see it until today, since I wasn't up for the broadcast. Did this happen to anyone else??

shbart
01-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Did anyone using a DVD recorder have any recording problems? I bought a Panasonic DMR-ES10. I got 11 of the games on DVD-R where I was using timer set, flex recording. Two games I missed the 9th Inning because Comcast wasn't specific on the out times (uggh), so I ended up adding a half hour on the rest of my timer based recordings. Unfortunately, while recording Game 3 of the WS it crapped out 5 hours and 15 minutes into Game 3 of the WS. The disc is incompatible and I can't seem to salvage it. I also had the same problem on a -R disc I threw in to record without setting an out time. Feel free to send me a PM if you possibly have a tech solution or might want to trade a disc...thanks.

pinwheels3530
01-04-2006, 03:51 AM
My digital cable signal was really bad for game ! & 2 of the World Series. Luckily it was restored just in time to record the parade.