PDA

View Full Version : Governor Rod the perfect example of a cubs fan

AnkleSox
11-15-2005, 09:32 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-051114mitchell,1,2124653.column?coll=chi-sportsnew-hed

notice near the bottom

"I told Kerry that my routine every morning during the baseball season, before I read all the bad stuff they're saying about me in the newspaper, I go right to the sports pages and the box scores to see how many strikeouts he had."

i wonder if he even finds out the answer to the age-old question "what's (was) the score?"

hose
11-15-2005, 09:37 PM
What's wrong with looking at stats?:?:

soxwon
11-15-2005, 09:39 PM
does he know wood pitches every 5th day?

Black Jack 29
11-15-2005, 09:39 PM
What newspaper prints stats of simulated games?

VivaOzzie
11-15-2005, 10:10 PM

Nothing really, but as we all know, only one stat matters... (and Carrie doesn't get many of those)

veeter
11-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah, Woods was on channel nine last week, and they were showing the clips from his 20 strikeout game. Which was from last year, I mean 2001...no wait 1998. Cub fans pretty much only care about strikeouts.

ChiSoxRowand
11-15-2005, 10:40 PM

The point he's making is all Cub fans talk about is Wood's strikeouts, and not his win totatl or ERA.

CLR01
11-15-2005, 11:16 PM
The point he's making is all Cub fans talk about is Wood's strikeouts, and not his win totatl or ERA.

His strikeouts are the only stat of his worth checking out.

CubsfansareDRUNK
11-15-2005, 11:28 PM

yup that preety much sums it up

santo=dorf
11-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Yeah, Woods was on channel nine last week, and they were showing the clips from his 20 strikeout game. Which was from last year, I mean 2001...no wait 1998. Cub fans pretty much only care about strikeouts.

http://misslennon2.tripod.com/looking4alarf/chrispaul1.jpg

"Hey Paul. Remember that one time when Kerry Wood struck out 20 guys in one game?........... ..........That was awesome."

illinibk
11-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Well played

TheOldRoman
11-15-2005, 11:56 PM
http://misslennon2.tripod.com/looking4alarf/chrispaul1.jpg

"Hey Paul. Remember that one time when Kerry Wood struck out 20 guys in one game?........... ..........That was awesome."
ROFLMAO
I havent laughed that hard in a while. Thanks, Santo.

"Hey, uh... so, did you ever see Die Hard?

jabrch
11-16-2005, 12:01 AM

Not really - how many Ks can you record when you only pitch 66 innings? (answer is 77 - which explains his high pitch counts, his low IP/Start and his failure to win more than 14 games in any season in his career?

PaulDrake
11-16-2005, 08:34 AM
What newspaper prints stats of simulated games? Excellent. My vote for POTW.

Hitmen77
11-16-2005, 09:09 AM
That does seem to be the way of most Cub fans - putting more emphasis on things like Wood's K totals, Shammy's HR totals, Prior's "phenom" status, etc, than wins. Not to mention the way they are more into celebrity 7th inning stretches, the popularity of their ballpark, attendance figures, etc. than wins.

Speaking of Governor Cubfan, I think it's funny how he had such a hard time figuring out how to react to the Sox success as a Cub fan. Very awkward.

slavko
11-16-2005, 10:53 AM
That does seem to be the way of most Cub fans - putting more emphasis on things like Wood's K totals, Shammy's HR totals, Prior's "phenom" status, etc, than wins. Not to mention the way they are more into celebrity 7th inning stretches, the popularity of their ballpark, attendance figures, etc. than wins.

Statistics are for losers. (Who coined that phrase?) Bigger losers have bigger statistics.

AZSoxFAN
11-16-2005, 04:50 PM
C'mon - Woods is really a good guy. He's just playing for the wrong team. I'd wish him every success in the World - if he wasn't with the Cubs.

C-Dawg
11-17-2005, 05:51 AM
Speaking of Governor Cubfan, I think it's funny how he had such a hard time figuring out how to react to the Sox success as a Cub fan. Very awkward.

To me, he showed his true colors when he refused to root for the Sox, or even wear a Sox hat. He was only at the games so that his daughter could see a World Series game in her lifetime (thereby occupying seats I could have sat in!).

C'mon Rod, every good politician knows sometimes you have to make gestures of support to the other side if it means gaining some support from that side's constituentcy. I'm not saying anyone will vote against him because he refused to support the Sox, but you never know...

gobears1987
11-17-2005, 09:11 PM
This paper
:cubune

Stroker Ace
11-17-2005, 10:40 PM
The point he's making is all Cub fans talk about is Wood's strikeouts, and not his win totatl or ERA.Or anyother pitcher's W-L record for that matter.

Steelrod
11-18-2005, 03:32 AM
To me, he showed his true colors when he refused to root for the Sox, or even wear a Sox hat. He was only at the games so that his daughter could see a World Series game in her lifetime (thereby occupying seats I could have sat in!).

C'mon Rod, every good politician knows sometimes you have to make gestures of support to the other side if it means gaining some support from that side's constituentcy. I'm not saying anyone will vote against him because he refused to support the Sox, but you never know...

Not supporting a large portion of the voters can be viewed as suicide to me. He doesn't get along with his family either. Obviously a little short on people skills, as the next election will point out!

tstrike2000
11-18-2005, 09:03 AM
G-Rod has to put emphasis somewhere else because the state is fiscally in the toilet, the toll situation ridiculous, and his own father in law is helping other people campaign because he can't stand his son in law. Gee, that's a baseball fan I want on my side.

RallyBowl
11-18-2005, 12:20 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that Blago was planning on meeting with Hendry to discuss the future of the team and ways to improve it. Is this true?

seanpmurphy
11-18-2005, 11:32 PM

Didn't he have more days on the DL last season than total Ks?

SOXSINCE'70
11-19-2005, 07:47 PM
This paper
:cubune

In the words of "In Living Color" blues singer Calhoun Tubbs
( played by David Allen Grier), "Thank you very much".

*- Calhoun was a typical type of Chicago blues singer.
He claimed to know "all the greats".His specialty was short
blues songs with no more than 2 lines.As he ended each song,
he'd say "thank you very much".

NardiWasHere
11-19-2005, 09:48 PM
C'mon - Woods is really a good guy.

Hendrys is a nice guy too. Lees is supposed to be really nice. I haven't heard much about Priors's or Madduxs's personality, but I heard Pattersons is a jerk.

chuckn98229
11-20-2005, 06:40 PM
i hope cub-Rod ends up where most Illinois governers eventually end up - in prison!