PDA

View Full Version : New Sox jersey

TheDarkGundam
11-15-2005, 07:29 PM
I'm gonna be getting a new sox jersey for X-mas. I've already got the white home jersey (Carlos Lee). I'm leaning towards the grey away jersey, but I don't know what name (if any) to put on it. Any suggestions? Maybe an Ozzie jersey...

buehrle4cy05
11-15-2005, 07:35 PM
My list:
1. Buehrle
2. Jenks
3. Ozzie
4. Crede
5. Go for a throwback-Baines, Fisk, etc.

TheDarkGundam
11-15-2005, 07:38 PM
My list:
1. Buehrle
2. Jenks
3. Ozzie
4. Crede
5. Go for a throwback-Baines, Fisk, etc.

1. maybe
2. that would be cool...no one has a jenks jersey
3. maybe
4. another good one
5. I've got an '83 away jersey, no name, but signed by Freddy Garcia, Minnie Minoso and Bill Melton (kinda random)

Fuller_Schettman
11-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Since you already have the Carlos Lee home jersey, it only makes perfect sense then to get a Magglio Ordonez away uni! :tongue:

Stroker Ace
11-15-2005, 07:48 PM
I'ld say try and get the grey uni. with the WS patch. Top 5 names to put on

1.Jenks
2. Buehrle
3. Ozzie
4. Freddy
5. Dye

Parrothead
11-15-2005, 07:49 PM
BOYER !:cool:

ChiSoxRowand
11-15-2005, 07:55 PM
I am probably gonna get a jersey with a world series patch. My top 5-

1. Uribe
2. Buehrle
3. Garcia
4. Rowand
5. Garland

goofymsfan
11-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Since you have a Carlos Lee Jersey, Might as well make it a Scotty Jersey since they were traded for each other. :cool:

TheDarkGundam
11-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Don't tell anyone...(whisper) I bought the Carlos Lee jersey AFTER he got traded. It was 50% off! (end of whisper):redneck

But it looks like I might get Bobby Jenks. That'll be pretty cool.

mccoydp
11-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Dan Pasqua.

Gammons Peter
11-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Anyone here like replicas more than official? money not being an issue would anyone get a replica. I'm thinking about it because I hear they are not as long and since I'll never tuck it in, might as well go with the shorter one

RedPinStripes
11-15-2005, 08:19 PM
I might have to go with a Crede jersey this year whenever I buy one.

mmmmmbeeer
11-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I think it'd be cool to have a Don Cooper jersey, but I don't even know if he wears a number, he's always in a jacket.

SoxFan76
11-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Although I don't own a jersey, my theory is don't get players that might not be around in a few years. Or pick a player that is retired, and played their best years with the Sox, like Ventura.

mandmandm
11-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Since you already have the Carlos Lee home jersey, it only makes perfect sense then to get a Magglio Ordonez away uni! :tongue:

Might find one on sale on what I like to call the "Jamie Navarro rack" in the gift shop behind home plate at Comiskey.

Daver
11-15-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm waiting till they have the authentic jerseys with the World Champions patch on them.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
11-15-2005, 09:32 PM
I think it'd be cool to have a Don Cooper jersey, but I don't even know if he wears a number, he's always in a jacket.

Coop is #21

TheDarkGundam
11-15-2005, 09:38 PM
triplethreatsports.com has all the different Sox jersies, authentic and replica, and for 15 dollars, you can add the WS patch :D:

Anyway, for my new jersey, I think i've narrowed it down to Ozzie, Jenks, or Crede. Which should I do?

kittle42
11-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Kelly Paris.

WSDaytonOH
11-15-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm waiting till they have the authentic jerseys with the World Champions patch on them.

After gettin' the Big Hurt back in '94, I've been waiting for the right moment to get the home jersey...

...I ordered a Pods jersery with the patch on Nov. 2nd, my B-Day, from MLB.com.

I debated between Paulie, Rowand, and Crede, but Pods wears my favorite #22.

Palehose13
11-15-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm thinking my next jersey will be Uribe. I have a thing for shortstops that hit in the nine hole. :wink:

Daver
11-15-2005, 10:28 PM
After gettin' the Big Hurt back in '94, I've been waiting for the right moment to get the home jersey...

...I ordered a Pods jersery with the patch on Nov. 2nd, my B-Day, from MLB.com.

I debated between Paulie, Rowand, and Crede, but Pods wears my favorite #22.

I'm getting the Black one.

Man Soo Lee.

Palehose13
11-15-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm getting the Black one.

Man Soo Lee.

Ordering it or are you going to try to snag the real one from the garage sale?

DaleJRFan
11-15-2005, 10:36 PM

Don Cooper wears the number 21 in memory of Esteban Loaiza's velocity.

Jjav829
11-15-2005, 10:40 PM
I would hold off as long as possible before making any decisions. You never know what players will be gone and what new players could be here that might make you change your mind. Otherwise, go with a safe choice like Buehrle who should be around for a while.

sas1974
11-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Although I don't own a jersey, my theory is don't get players that might not be around in a few years. Or pick a player that is retired, and played their best years with the Sox, like Ventura.

This is the theory I subscribe to as well. You don't want to be the putz walking around in a Geoff Blum jersey after he's gone.

While he only played a month in this world championship season, I don't think you can go wrong getting a Thomas jersey. Even if he isn't back next year, he's already a White Sox legend. In addition, might I suggest that you have the "Lee" removed from that jersey you already have and replace it w/ "Jenks." That's a nice cheap upgrade for you.

antitwins13
11-15-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm gonna be getting a new sox jersey for X-mas. I've already got the white home jersey (Carlos Lee). I'm leaning towards the grey away jersey, but I don't know what name (if any) to put on it. Any suggestions? Maybe an Ozzie jersey...

Wow! What a coincidence. My first Sox jersey was a home pinstripe Lee, and the second one I got was a grey Ozzie jersey.

DeadMoney
11-15-2005, 11:25 PM

That is why I have already made my decision to go with an Ozzie jersey for Christmas. Although he could be gone (and this is COMPLETELY hypothetical because I don't think that he's going anywhere), he will forever be the manager who pushed all of the right buttons in 2005 and brought a World Championship back to Chicago. And might I add that he did happen to be one hell of a SS in his playing days here also.

StillMissOzzie
11-16-2005, 01:32 AM
That is why I have already made my decision to go with an Ozzie jersey for Christmas. Although he could be gone (and this is COMPLETELY hypothetical because I don't think that he's going anywhere), he will forever be the general manager who pushed all of the right buttons in 2005 and brought a World Championship back to Chicago. And might I add that he did happen to be one hell of a SS in his playing days here also.

You could get a Kenny Williams jersey, reflecting the fix I made in your quote above!

SMO
:D:

starboy0
11-16-2005, 06:46 AM
I'm thinking my next jersey will be Uribe. I have a thing for shortstops that hit in the nine hole. :wink:

Me too. Time for Juan to get some serious respect. That play he made to get Coco Crisp in the Crede walk off game against the Toons was HUGE. Not to mention the foul ball catch and charge with insane power throw to first in the last game against Houston.

nevr say dye sox
11-16-2005, 08:08 AM
How about Calderone in memory of old Ivan. Then you could hang a bunch of gold chains from your:dtroll: neck and it could double as next years halloween costume.

I just got the grey jersey with the 05 WS patch on it from mlb.com, and I put my last name on it, to avoid being the guy who walks around with jersey of a player no longer here!

billnahorodny
11-16-2005, 09:23 AM
I have authentic home and away jerseys and I'm planning on putting the WS patch on the away jersey. But I keep the backs blank. As much as I like certain players, I'm only a fan of the team and just feel a bit funny walking around with someone else's name on my back.
I also just got the Majestic Cooperstown 1985 (blank of course) jersey. I found it on ebay (new with tags) for half of the Grandstand price. Maybe it's some sort of knock-off...but I went to Grandstand multiple times and it seems absolutely identical.

Procol Harum
11-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Southpaw, Southpaw!

VenturaSoxFan23
11-16-2005, 10:38 AM
How about Calderone in memory of old Ivan. Then you could hang a bunch of gold chains from your:dtroll: neck and it could double as next years halloween costume.

He clanked when he walked. Must have added a chain for every homer he hit, cause he ran out of room and started on the earrings. Mr. T was getting jealous.

Get an Ed Farmer. You can talk to everyone before the game, plus double as Cosmo Kramer.

TDog
11-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Coop is #21

I thought Don Cooper's number was 34, but I haven't seen a baseball game since Billy Koch's ninth inning on July 4, 2003.

I have a few White Sox jerseys. They have my name on the back and Carlos May's number.

The Deacon
11-16-2005, 11:04 AM
I believe you can get anyone from the 2005 roster on the jersey even if htey won't be with the team in 2006. They've been all immortalized. Nobody can EVER laugh at you for wearing a Blum jersey!

skottyj242
11-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Don't tell anyone...(whisper) I bought the Carlos Lee jersey AFTER he got traded. It was 50% off! (end of whisper):redneck

But it looks like I might get Bobby Jenks. That'll be pretty cool.

I did the same exact thing, I got it for like fifty bucks. I'm thinking that since the numbers are already on there if I take the name off and put Jenks on it. I have no idea how it will look though.

As for the suggestion you can always do what I did and buy a Billy Koch jersey.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
11-16-2005, 12:01 PM
I thought Don Cooper's number was 34, but I haven't seen a baseball game since Billy Koch's ninth inning on July 4, 2003.

I have a few White Sox jerseys. They have my name on the back and Carlos May's number.

It might have, but they traded for Freddy and he took 34 and a month later they traded Loaiza for Jose, so Coop took 21

bayzbol44
11-16-2005, 12:12 PM
How about Konerko? His jersey will be half off in a few months.

Whatever you do, please do not put your last name on there. I think that is so tacky.

Sly
11-16-2005, 12:25 PM
I believe you can get anyone from the 2005 roster on the jersey even if htey won't be with the team in 2006. They've been all immortalized. Nobody can EVER laugh at you for wearing a Blum jersey!

Agreed. Especially with Blum, who hit a legendary homerun. How cool will that look in 20 years?

tacosalbarojas
11-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Wrong! I have the Black olde english Jenks.

TheDarkGundam
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
I asked my dad, Ozzie or Jenks. He said, Ozzie would be too common (I have seen Ozzie Jersies in stores) so I'm going with Jenks.

Grey road jersey, world series patch.

Forever immortalized for the last pitch of the world series victory :cool:

Palehose13
11-16-2005, 02:30 PM
For those of you that thinks Jenks is "rare" I have seen quiet a few at the park last season and grandstand has them already made to sell. So, they aren't as uncommon as you think.

nevr say dye sox
11-16-2005, 03:08 PM
I don't think its tacky having you last name on a jersey, at least its your own. I think it looks worse having a jersey of a guy not even on the team.

lostletters
11-16-2005, 04:56 PM
I think Jenks or Buerhle are probably the best in my opinion. JC would also be a cool one to have (after all he was huge for us in the stretch run). Hell any of the four starting pitchers would be cool to have in my opinion. Even Harris would not be bad, after all he did score the winning run in the clincher. In fact there were so many moments from almost every player, they all kind of deserve respect.

Ozzie is now a chicago god of sports. He KNOWS it too. You will probably be seeing ALOT of Ozzie jersey's from now till the end of time.

santo=dorf
11-16-2005, 05:20 PM
1. maybe
3. maybe
4. another good one
5. I've got an '83 away jersey, no name, but signed by Freddy Garcia, Minnie Minoso and Bill Melton (kinda random)

The last jersey I bought was Bobby's home pinstripes jersey. :cool:

TDog
11-17-2005, 01:15 AM

Whatever you do, please do not put your last name on there. I think that is so tacky.

I play baseball in my jerseys. People who play baseball have their names on the back of their uniforms, and people I play ball with (mostly) wear White Sox jerseys. My jersey with my name will forever be valid in my closet because the White Sox can never trade me.

If I had Carlos May's old uniform in my closet, I would have his name (even his birthday) on the back of the jersey. But I wouldn't embarrass his name by playing in it. It's bad enough I embarrass his number.

nevr say dye sox
11-17-2005, 08:34 AM
Listen I think its more tacky for some slob eatting twelve hotdogs, nachos, and a few churros while washing it down with eight beers to be wearing a Posednik jersey then for me to put my own last name on the back of my jersey. Second of all I got mine for a wedding gift.

I thought it was really cool, my buddy and his wife bought the whole bridal party jerseys. The Cubs fans got cubs jerseys and the Sox fans got Sox jerseys. They put numbers and last names on the back of each. What, am I not going to wear it now cause bayzbol 44 thinks its tacky! I thought the idea was great... And of course the Groom wore a cubs jersey and the bride wore her Sox jersey! Lets put it this way the first year of marraige has been better for the bride!