PDA

View Full Version : Konerko discusses free agency at theBrushback.com

Baby Fisk
11-15-2005, 05:01 PM
An amusing piece from theBrushback.com (http://www.thebrushback.com/index.htm), with Konerko discussing his free agency.

(theBrushback.com is a SATIRICAL website)

linky (http://www.thebrushback.com/loveaffair_full.htm)

LuvSox
11-15-2005, 05:06 PM
That was pretty funny.

I like this one too:

Favre just three Super Bowl's away from living up to his reputation

Tekijawa
11-15-2005, 05:16 PM
I like the article about Kwame Brown Postponing his break out season until 2007:

“Kwame is still very much in a transitional period,” said head coach Phil Jackson, who is trying desperately to be patient with the youngster. “The triangle offense is tricky, especially for players who aren’t very good. I would say that Kwame fits that description. Can he get better? Sure. Will he get better? No. I’m horrible with young players. After putting up with me for a few months, he’ll be longing for his days with Michael Jordan.”

Brown isn’t the only one in a transitional period. Jackson, too, must get accustomed to his newer, younger roster.

“This team is a far cry from the group that I won all those championships with,” he said. “Needless to say, Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm are not exactly making me forget about Shaq. Luckily we still have Kobe. I know at the very least I can trust him to never, ever pass it to those guys.”

TomBradley72
11-15-2005, 05:24 PM
‘I just want to do what's best for my family.’ Ah, that old chestnut. Works every time. In fact, that’s the only reason our players even have families.”

:kneeslap:

Dan Mega
11-15-2005, 05:27 PM
I find that site humorous. Unlike The Heckler.com, which is a Cubs driven site that claims to be satyrical against all teams but rehashes the same old anti-Sox jokes over and over again.

Thought I did find the article about Contreras being arrested cause he was mistaken for Shawn Kemp pretty funny.

pissonthecubs
11-15-2005, 09:31 PM
That is a pretty funny site, i'll have to remember to go back to it often. it's like the onion for sports.

mantis1212
11-16-2005, 12:18 AM
Does anyone know the origin of this site? I swear this site gives our SOX more press than any other "news source" out there. If you take a look at past issues, there is a LOT of SOX spoofs.

Actually, there seems to be a lot of Chicago references in general, so I'm thinking it is Chicago-based. Can anyone confirm?