PDA

View Full Version : How bad is your Sox withdrawl?

chisoxfanatic
11-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Now that it's nearly three weeks since we've won the World Series, the withdrawl symptoms must be hitting you hard. How bad is your Sox withdrawl presently?

It's Time
11-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Now that it's nearly three weeks since we've won the World Series, the withdrawl symptoms must be hitting you hard. How bad is your Sox withdrawl presently?

Pitchers and catchers report in 3 months!!:D:

MsSoxVixen22
11-15-2005, 01:31 PM

Pretty bad actually....I have nothing to get excited about sports wise now. :(: I miss baseball when its not on. I can't wait till spring training! :bandance:

MUsoxfan
11-15-2005, 01:36 PM
It's actually not too bad. This year I don't have to wait 'til next year!:D: I'm actually quite content and I'm not counting down the days until spring training like I usually am at this time. I think a part of me never wants next year to start because in all likelyhood it won't ever get better than it is right now

mweflen
11-15-2005, 01:37 PM

You know, I haven't had much withdrawal yet. It was such a stressful investment of time and energy, it's just like a little break right now. And we have daily meaningless "hot stove" stories to pore over, too.

I think it will hit me in January or so. Maybe I'll break out the Ken Burns DVDs (or the 2005 WS DVD) to get a fix.

NonetheLoaiza
11-15-2005, 01:38 PM
I look at some of the pictures and listen to the highlights, and I want baseball back real bad. When the World Series DVD comes, I think that I'm going to have to order another one because the first one will probably melt in my DVD player from overuse...

antitwins13
11-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Bad, but I still have other teams like The Pack and Da Bulls I can follow.

Baby Fisk
11-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Not so bad, actually. It helps to be some distance away. WS merchandise has been trickling into my mailbox. A very kind WSI member mailed me some WS newspapers from Chicago and they arrived yesterday, precipitating an evening of great memories and weepy elation all over again. Magazines and tribute publications are still on the way. This will go on for weeks really, so I don't miss watching live baseball just yet.

Once the Sox make a signing or trade, I'll begin to look towards and think more about 2006.

MarySwiss
11-15-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm really not feeling it yet. Largely due to WSI, my fanatical quest for the Buehrle cereal box, and waiting for my MLB stuff, I remain on an extended high, smiling at total strangers and spontaneously breaking into song--mainly South Side Irish and Let's Go, Go Go White Sox. :D:

And if I start to come down a little bit, I go watch my tape of the parade and rally. I'm trying to see if I can stretch this all the way until at least spring training; longer, if possible. Once I get my World Series DVD, it should be smooth sailing! :cool:

Stroker Ace
11-15-2005, 01:43 PM
After the Ford 400, all I have are the Islanders since I can't see the Bears. I MISS THE SOX!:whiner:

Madvora
11-15-2005, 01:44 PM
It seems like this year is definitely the easiest because there's not that usual feeling like we have to get back out there and make up for all of the mistakes of the previous year. We did it all right in 2005 and won it all!
This is the first time that I'm not too concerned about picking up new players. If we stay the same, then fine. Also, there's a new feeling that players will want to come to this team more than ever now. It's like we have nothing to worry about.

Baby Fisk
11-15-2005, 01:50 PM
It seems like this year is definitely the easiest because there's not that usual feeling like we have to get back out there and make up for all of the mistakes of the previous year. We did it all right in 2005 and won it all!
This is the first time that I'm not too concerned about picking up new players. If we stay the same, then fine. Also, there's a new feeling that players will want to come to this team more than ever now. It's like we have nothing to worry about.Because of what happened on October 26, 2005, nothing will ever be the same again. :bandance:

Sad
11-15-2005, 01:52 PM
not bad

went to the Bears game Sunday & going again this Sunday

been a real nice autumn so that really helps -
will definitely get worse as the winter gets longer tho'...

Madvora
11-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Because of what happened on October 26, 2005, nothing will ever be the same again. :bandance:
I love it when you analyze.

mbwhitesox
11-15-2005, 01:54 PM
It's pretty bad, except on Sundays when I have the Bears to watch. But during the rest of the week after I get home from work I find myself aimlessly flipping between comcast, wgn and wciu wondering why there is no Sox games on :?:

Fortunately, I've started a new season of MVP baseball with the Sox. Not as good as the real thing obviously but at least there is still some baseball in my life. And of course I enjoy coming onto WSI everyday and checking out the latest rumors and crazy trade ideas. :redneck

slavko
11-15-2005, 01:56 PM
I can't get interested in my usual other sports (other than my own golf) but I'm wearing out my TIVO with the playoff games on it. It helps when you can bypass the commercials and see things you missed the first time. (Like Borchard carrying Willie around the dugout after he scored the WS winning run.)

SOXPHILE
11-15-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm fine. This year is different, for obvious reasons. They won the World Series, so there's no nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach, while I ask myself "what if" over and over again, followed by me telling myself "Well, maybe some day I'll see the Sox win the Series. I hope they can improve in the offseason". THEY WON THE WORLD SERIES THIS YEAR ! As others have mentioned, I almost have this "inner peace", secure with the knowledge that the White Sox are World Champions. Now, I can relax, and concentrate on the NFL, and the NBA, and not have to nervously check the scores to see if the Sox won, or hope that the Jnjuns or Twins lost last night. This is the best autumn and will be the best winter I think I've ever had.

fledgedrallycap
11-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Trutherfully. I'm fine, I mean we won the world ****in series....live it up :cool:

Pasqua's Posers
11-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm still basking in the glow of a World Series Championship. On my way to work this morning, I was listening to the ESPN1000 radio snippet that has all of the highlights from the year. Not only did I get chills and immediately recall where I was for every radio highlight, I began to well up when the World Series game winner was called. WOW!

Although a guy here at work asked me:

"What are you going to do now that baseball is over?"

I replied:

"Stare out the window until baseball season starts."

He got a kick out of that one....:gulp:

Jjav829
11-15-2005, 02:30 PM
I have none. The Bears are playing well, the Bulls season is still early and I love Hot Stove baseball talk. I don't miss baseball at all during the months of November and December. Usually it's a welcome relief to have the season over with one way or the other. This year was different because we won it all. Normally the season is another disaster and I just want it over with so we can begin re-tooling. This year it was nice to get it over and begin enjoying having a World Series Champion. Usually my timeline works like this.

October - Enjoy the playoffs and the final games of baseball. The first few days after it ends I have some withdrawl because it's been such a long season with baseball every day.
November - Within the first few days I get over the lack of baseball as the basketball season begins. Football is just getting into the point where teams start establishing themselves. And, of course, the baseball hot stove starts to heat up.
December - Hot stove baseball really heats up. The winter meetings are the most exciting days of the offseason because you know that a big trade can break at any second. Football starts to wind down and the playoff scenarios begin to form which keeps my interest high. The NBA season is still kind of fresh and exciting.
January - This is usually the time I start to get excited about baseball returning. I remember last year on starting on New Years Eve I kept thinking about how baseball wasn't too far away. Of course, a large reason for this is that this is the time the Bears season is usually ending. This year should be a little different. The NBA also starts to get a bit boring at this point, although it was different last year because the Bulls were beginning their run to the playoffs. The Hot Stove begins to cool down a bit at this time and I usually begin counting the weeks until pitchers and catchers report.

MeteorsSox4367
11-15-2005, 02:40 PM
College basketball season is starting and college hoops runs a solid second for me in terms of interest behind baseball as a whole and a certain World Series-winning team from the South Side in particular. I work near the Cell, so I usually drive by every day and think about what a damn great season this was.

I'll probably pop the tapes of the Series in after Christmas to get my fix. I can't wait for next season - especially because Opening Day is my birthday - but I'm still savoring this season.

TomBradley72
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."

- Rogers Hornsby (and TomBradley72 :cool: )

+ I watch the WGN highlight video from the rally at least 1/day :smile:

MERPER
11-15-2005, 02:50 PM
It's really bad... but, THE WHITE SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES...

tell yourself that 3 times a day and you'll feel all better... then, spring training will roll around real fast!!!

:bandance: :) :bandance:

Palehose13
11-15-2005, 03:07 PM
How long until SoxFest? :wired:

dividedsk717
11-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Extremely bad.

Example: I've been a Colts season ticket holder for 11 seasons, the Colts are 9-0, and all I can think about is if the Sox will resign Konerko and the makeup of the '06 pitching staff and lineup. :cool:

Realist
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Everyday since the White Sox won the World Series feels like Christmas morning to me. I don't want this feeling to ever end.

The regular season had me pretty much wore out by the end of July and I just wanted the playoffs to start already. Then August came and things got so bad I had the window open and I was thinking off crawling out onto the edge. September put me on the ledge. Then we finally clinched against the Tigers. Whew. Time to climb back in and shut the damn window. Then October of 2005 started to really kick into gear. Man oh man... that month gave me more stress than the 6 months of baseball combined, but that was one hell of a payoff!

:moonwalk:

I'm just going to enjoy this Christmas morning feeling as long as I can knowing that it may very well be a passing feeling that I may never again feel in my lifetime. I'm in no rush for the Sox to start playing again anytime soon.

shaunburnette
11-15-2005, 03:50 PM
I have a digital copy of Game 2 from the World Series. I go back daily and watch the Konerko GS and Pods walkoff.

mike squires
11-15-2005, 03:56 PM
I"m doing OK. I've mentioned in other threads, I was thrilled and excited for the Sox but at times it was anticlimatic. Not sure if it was the teams we were playing or what...I was up for the Boston series and then something happened to me. I really believe a lot of it had to do with the announcers. McCarver and Buck just took so much zing out of the action.

I am looking forward to IU basketball now, waiting for the Buehrle box and my bat in the mail. Got the tape of the Konerko and Pods homer last night. Went to Chi town a few weeks ago just to check out the Grandstand and got a very cool eerie feeling when I went to the Sox gift shop and seeing an empty and quiet Comiskey.

All that being said, I must miss it cause I'm here quite often.:D:

BarbG
11-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Is nobody else up to their eyeballs in stuff they neglected completely during the TOTAL DISTRACTION that was September and October? I started way too many major projects last spring and they're all still waiting for me - I hope the catch-up will keep me occupied through these next few long no-baseball months, but that I finish in time to make it guilt-free to spring training.

Baseball withdrawal always sucks. This year was made so much easier by the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and I'm thinking it's going to go by faster than last year, maybe because I'm not aprehensive about anything for next year.

Ol' No. 2
11-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Could be worse. Most teams had even longer off-seasons than ours did.:smile::smile::smile:

steff
11-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I watch some of one of the DS, CS, or WS games daily.. :?:

Madvora
11-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Could be worse. Most teams had even longer off-seasons than ours did.:smile::smile::smile:
You know what, having that World Baseball Classic coming up in March is going to make this the shortest off-season ever.

kevin57
11-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm pretty much savoring the season still. I will say that despite Bear victories, I'm just not able to "connect" to other sports stories going on...and I suspect that will continue until Spring Training.

But how about this for an idea...either in this thread or another...what about a WSI month WS anniversary get-together at some watering hole. Lots of memories and...:gulp:

SoxSpeed22
11-15-2005, 05:04 PM
You know what, having that World Baseball Classic coming up in March is going to make this the shortest off-season ever.:thumbsup:
I kinda needed a break from the Sox. 162 games along with them drivin' me nuts from August on. It's good not to worry about them for the first few weeks. It's been 4 weeks and I feel fine. If the Bulls drive me nuts, maybe not.

ilsox7
11-15-2005, 05:17 PM
None whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait for next season, but October was just draining for me. My body is appreciating the reduced stress levels, nights at home, and feeling like I am on Cloud 9. It'll be like this for quite some time!

chisoxmike
11-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Usually after SoxFest is when I am begging for baseball to return, February and March are the longest months to get through. Right now, I am still in baseball mode with paying the season ticket payments and trying to organize all the stuff I've bought over the months.

Right now, I like the break. My room has been in shambles since the start of October, nothing is organzied becuase everything went on hold during the playoffs.

I feed my Chicago sports craze with the Bulls. Since they are worth my time. But, by mid-January through March I am going to be going crazy to get back to Comiskey Park.

MarySwiss
11-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Glutton for punishment that I am, I just went and watched the parade/rally tape. Again. And I smiled, laughed, cried--the usual.

I stopped the tape at the point when Paulie came up to the podium, and I have to correct an erroneous quote I saw on another thread. Paulie did not say, "Second city no more." What he said was, "Second team no more."

Sox fans, ya gotta agree, that's a big difference!

soxstarter
11-15-2005, 05:49 PM
It's not bad at all......just a whole new party!:supernana:

LongLiveFisk
11-15-2005, 06:06 PM
And if I start to come down a little bit, I go watch my tape of the parade and rally. I'm trying to see if I can stretch this all the way until at least spring training; longer, if possible.

I haven't brought myself to watch any of the games or festivities yet...I'm afraid if I watch the last out of the WS I will want to run out into the streets to celebrate all over again, waving my Sox flag while people look at me like I'm crazy. :D: :tongue:

MarySwiss
11-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I haven't brought myself to watch any of the games or festivities yet...I'm afraid if I watch the last out of the WS I will want to run out into the streets to celebrate all over again, waving my Sox flag while people look at me like I'm crazy. :D: :tongue:
Yup! And it'll probably happen. But since you live in Burbank, you should be okay.
Which brings up an interesting thread that I will start right now: sox fans who live elsewhere, talk about your experiences.
Thanks, LLF!

soxjim
11-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Not so bad yet. I still have the Bears and other football to watch. It's after football and before spring training that I have withdrawls.

TornLabrum
11-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Withdrawal? Why withdraw? I still have a WCSF newsletter to edit, the holiday party coming up, and the SoxFest is at the end of January. Soon after that pitchers and catchers report.

Besides, my calendar of the seasons has made a smooth transition from Baseball to Christmas. Since Christmas lasts until mid-February on my calendar, I'm having a great time and will continue to do so.

pissonthecubs
11-15-2005, 06:45 PM

Three weeks? It feels more like three months since game 4. My withdrawl has already peaked and doesn't look like it will be reduced any until about mid to late February when we hear the four great words: Pitchers and Catchers Report. As much as I loved watching the entire '05 season, I'm so hyped for the 2006 Sox to take the field.

LongLiveFisk
11-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Yup! And it'll probably happen. But since you live in Burbank, you should be okay.
Which brings up an interesting thread that I will start right now: sox fans who live elsewhere, talk about your experiences.
Thanks, LLF!

That's a great idea for a thread. Glad I could help! :wink:

doublem23
11-15-2005, 08:13 PM
The one thing keeping me going are the Bears right now. At least its enjoyable to watch them knowing there's a chance they can win. But man, I can't wait for next season already; but at least there's some interesting Hot Stove topics to be taken care of this off-season.

soxfan123
11-15-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm doing alright. Though, I picked up and read at the local Walgreen's those "special edition" things with some cool pictures. I gotta say, I miss it a lot.

If the Bears weren't leading the North division, I would be going through major withdrawal....

ChiSoxGirl
11-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Ya know, my uncle e-mailed me just yesterday with the same question- Am I in withdrawl yet? I don't think I am at all. Everything about the 2005 season ended so perfectly and to every Sox fan's liking, that there's not a single thing to be upset nor wonder about for the three months that are our off season this year.

Besides, I've got 5 VHS tapes filled with historic events like Game 5 of the ALCS, Game 2 of the WORLD SERIES, Game 4 of the WORLD SERIES, the Sox' appearance on Oprah & the Ticker Tape Parade, and playoff coverage from the day the Sox clinched the division in Detroit right on through their arrival at Midway from Houston. All of those tapes have kept me very entertained (particularly while I've been sick & home from work over the past few days), as have the multitude of commemorative magazines and books I've accumulated over the past couple weeks.

In addition to all that, I'm going to start putting together a scrapbook with newspaper clippings going back to when the Sox won the division in Detroit all the way through the day Ozzie was named Manager of the Year, and I'm also including pictures I took at the games I was fortunate enough to attend and from those many nights we spent at Puffers. I've got plenty of work ahead of me, which should keep me entertained right on through 'til SoxFest!:sunshine:

duke of dorwood
11-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Its family wide-the youngsters are grumpy

tacosalbarojas
11-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Can Ozzie or Kenny rustle up an intra-squad game? You know regulars versus yannigans. Freddy v. Ozuna, Duque vs. Paulie, etc. Seriously, who would be against this?

When do the World games start? February. I'm guessing we might have a few participants in that. Freddy, Paulie, Tad?

pythons007
11-16-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm actually pretty content on the season being over. However, it still sends chills when I think the White Sox are the 2005 World Series Champs!!! I have 3 other teams that I root for which 2 of the 3 are doing very well (Bears and Notre Dame), and college basketball has begun, GO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! :moonwalk:

IlliniSox4Life
11-16-2005, 03:31 PM
If the Bears weren't leading the North division, I would be going through major withdrawal....

I'm with you here. Having another team I root for doing well is definately making it easier. I do think the Bears might fall off a bit in the next few weeks as the schedule gets harder, so if they do, hopefully Illini Basketball plays well this year and the Bulls improve a bit.

With last years Illini run, the Bulls turnaround season, and the Sox's miraculous season, which all three did with extremely good defense, I hope my sports teams trend continues with the Bears this year.

schmitty9800
11-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Not too bad, because I like the Bulls almost as much as the Sox.

If they turn in more shooting performances like the other day vs. the Warriors though, it could turn into quite a long wait.

starboy0
11-16-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm actually enjoying the stress reprieve. Those final weeks of the regular season combined with the 3 post season rounds really took it out of me. After the last game in Houston I was high as a kite but one really FRAZZLED kite. So I'm enjoying just thinking about the fact that we're world series champions.

gosox3072
11-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Not bad at all suprisingly. All i have to do is look at my WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS hat and i become all happy again thinking over the memories of the past season. Im sure come Mid-January when spring training is just over the horizon i will start to crave baseball again

PKalltheway
11-16-2005, 05:38 PM
It isn't so bad for me. Whenever I need a fix, I just go onto mlb.com and watch some of the highlights from the postseason for the Sox and that helps. Also, I can finally watch a competitive Bengals team here in Cincy this year so that helps keep the withdrawal away. I can't wait until the World Series DVD comes out!

Hendu
11-16-2005, 06:36 PM
First, I have to admit that I really needed this time off. I don't think my heart could've taken too much more.

But now it is starting to hit me a little, especially since I have been watching more football and basketball. Is it just me, or does it seem like every team in the NFL totally sucks, and everybody in the NBA forgot how to shoot?

kevin57
11-16-2005, 08:03 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like every team in the NFL totally sucks, and everybody in the NBA forgot how to shoot?

Just proves that baseball is the American sport, par excellence!

chisoxfanatic
11-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Can Ozzie or Kenny rustle up an intra-squad game? You know regulars versus yannigans. Freddy v. Ozuna, Duque vs. Paulie, etc. Seriously, who would be against this?

When do the World games start? February. I'm guessing we might have a few participants in that. Freddy, Paulie, Tad?

I don't think they'd want to play at Comiskey in these cold temperatures.

My withdrawl comes and goes. On some nights, I wish I were at Puffers cheering on our Sox with the bunches of great WSIers and other die-hard Sox fans; however, on other nights, I just bask in this knowing that my team won the WORLD SERIES!!!

I must admit that I've gotten a much better routine going here of actually eating REAL dinners again every single night instead of eating canned pasta, cookies, chips, and sandwiches every night. In addition, I'm actually cleaning up in the kitchen right after eating instead of letting two days of dishes pile up before doing them. I live by myself; but, there still is a nice mound of dishes after a couple of days! I also have been going to bed at a decent time (11:30ish) instead of horrendus hours (1:30/2 am). My body welcomes this change.

My other teams (Blackhawks, Bears, and Bulls) all help as well. I've gone to five Blackhawks games already and intend on going to a Bulls game or two in December (New Years Eve is CPS Teacher Nite).

Lip Man 1
11-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Considering I have complete games from as far back as 1981 and audio from as far back as 1952 I never have an 'off season!'

:smile:

Lip

chisox77
11-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Let's see, I'm pretty happy, and though winter has begun, I figure to be warm and contented throughout the offseason. This World Series Championship Season has given me so much joy. I have savored and cherished the White Sox World Series Championship every day. I smile more because of it. It sounds silly, but in some profound way, it has added a level of satisfaction that cannot be bought (though I do look for ways to add to my White Sox Championship Gear Wardrobe and Collection almost on a daily basis).

Withdrawl? Maybe through fits of curiosity about how the Cell will look next year with green seats. But the Bears have been helpful with putting together a decent season - how about those orange jerseys? Perhaps they should wear those with the blue pants for a January playoff game, or at home against the Packers.

But wow, what a feeling to know that THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX ARE THE 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS (99-63, 11-1, TOTAL: 110-64)
:cool:

hellenicsoxfan
11-17-2005, 08:15 PM
My withdrawal isn't bad. Of course, I just keep buying World Series Champion White Sox (I can't stop using that phrase) memorabilia, so it's starting to get a little expensive - but well worth it. However, the World Series Champion White Sox (there's that phrase again) seem to have affected my viewing of other sports. I will still watch Bears and Bulls games, but the passion is not there. If they lose, I don't care. I still have the World Series Champion White Sox (see what I mean) to savor.

flo-B-flo
11-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I watch some of one of the DS, CS, or WS games daily.. :?: So do I :redface:

yessssssss
11-18-2005, 10:30 AM
No offense to any of you, but I really can't stand NBA basketball or hockey, so outside of the Bears and another mediocre IU basketball team, not much happening between now and February. I usually hate January and February as far as sports go, often I end up re-watching Ken Burns' PBS special "Baseball" several times. At least this year, we all have a wonderful fall of baseball to watch over and over, I'll definitely be Tivo-ing all of Comcast's replays.

The Deacon
11-18-2005, 10:50 AM
I can't say I'm having much withdrawl. The last weeks of September and all of October were so emotionally draining. All I could think about was SOX. It's nice to be able to sit back, relax and take it all in. The offseason feels much, much, MUCH better coming off a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

mccoydp
11-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Mine hasn't been as bad as I thought...I'm busy training for my Marathon early next year, and grad school is keeping me busy.
That being said, though, I'm definitely ready to see another White Sox World Series Championship!

skobabe8
11-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Mine's pretty bad. I keep watching highlights from whitesox.com. Yesterday I watched highlights from 2004! That says alot.

ChiSoxGirl
11-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Mine's pretty bad. I keep watching highlights from whitesox.com. Yesterday I watched highlights from 2004! That says alot.

I like your signature! :smile:

Sxy Mofo
11-18-2005, 02:20 PM
I can't say I'm having much withdrawl. The last weeks of September and all of October were so emotionally draining. All I could think about was SOX. It's nice to be able to sit back, relax and take it all in. The offseason feels much, much, MUCH better coming off a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

Exactly. It was awesome, but my heart can only take so much. Now I've only got that feeling twice a week. ND on saturday and the bears on sunday. Having it everyday was a drain. However, can't wait to do it again next year. Just wouldn't want to do it EVERY day.

gforce
11-19-2005, 12:22 AM
It's all Colts for me now. It would be a once in a life time experience to have the Sox and Colts as world champs.

Thanks to Mr. Wirtz, I no longer desire Blackhawk's Hockey.

(A note to Mr. Reindorf: How about desiring a Stanley for the city. I'm sure you could do wonders with a salary cap)

Plus there's the offseason soap opera of wondering who will be on the 2006 Sox.

IggyD
11-19-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm feeling much better now...I submitted my form for Soxfest Tickets Yesterday to my Rep....and Today they came in the Mail....Woooohooo...

delben91
11-19-2005, 08:46 PM

I'm with you. The Dolphins aren't doing anything. The Blackhawks occasionally show signs of life, but even if they somehow make the playoffs, they'll be done quick...

I've always lived and died with the Sox. And this year, the living was amazing. I can't get over how great the 2005 season was...I can't imagine it being any better.

Pretty much 3 months - give or take a week - until the pitchers and catchers report!

hsnterprize
11-19-2005, 08:49 PM
The withdrawl has been steadily progressing after the rally and stuff were over. I miss watching the Sox on TV every night, but it's good to know I can punch a couple of buttons on my DVR and watch the final out of game 4, the post-game celebrations, the trophy presentations, and all that stuff. Not to mention, it's pretty neat to be able to watch all the partying and stuff online.

Somehow, when Bud Selig says "...here's the Commissioner's Trophy, symbolic of the World Champion Chicago White Sox", I still get a buzz.

dugwood31
11-19-2005, 10:43 PM
The withdrawal is doubly hard for me. I said during the Boston series that if the Sox won the series, I'd quit smoking. Of course I assumed it wouldn't happen. So here we are, 3 weeks later, and I equate the offseason with intense chemical withdrawal symptoms. Maybe March in Tucson with the missuz will cure me.

SOXSINCE'70
11-20-2005, 11:06 AM
I taped the 1959 "turn back the clock" game in June,which I attended,
just to see the 1959 type graphics.I go back and watch it frequently.
The tape has been forwarded to the bottom of the 9th,with the Sox
trailing 3-1.I never rewind it all the way. Anyhow,this is the game A.J.
won with a 2 run HR with 2 outs.As a matter of fact,after the leadoff
walk to Iguchi,the Sox scored all 4 of their runs (RBI single by Everett after Thomas' groundout moved Iguchi to second,Rowand's RBI single that tied the game after pinch runner Willie Harris stole second without a throw and the game ending 2 run HR to opposite field by A.J.) with 2 outs.The best part of the tape is watching Ozzie explain,in his post game press conference,that the team,which had been held to 2 singles over 8 innings,was playing "White Sox baseball". He also told the story of how he A.J. was sitting on the bench "crying like a little baby and moping" because he couldn't
get a hit.:cool:

Brian26
11-20-2005, 11:52 AM
Ultimately I'm glad the season is over because my heart and stomach couldn't take much more of the stress. I needed a break after living and breathing baseball pretty much every night, especially down the stretch.

I've got enough reading material to last me all winter will all of the Sox publications, so it will be fun to savor the victory for a while.

I really don't have any interest in any other sports right now either. I literally haven't seen one minute of any Bears or Hawks game yet this season. I think I saw about five minutes of one Bulls games a week ago, but that's it.

Fake Chet Lemon
11-20-2005, 04:26 PM
I thought my withdrawl would be severe but it ISN'T! Two reasons:

1) It's great because we can gloat and feel great about ourselves!!!! NO HARM CAN COME TO US! As soon as the season starts we could feel pain, should we do something very unlikely like lose the first 9 out of the box or something.

2) With Kenny as GM, I get pumped up for the hot stove. He is going to make some big moves and shake things up again. He will never stop improving the team, even this team.