PDA

View Full Version : Any Recent Pictures of Cell Renovations Out There?

chisox77
11-15-2005, 12:17 PM
I was wondering, since whitesox.com has not posted any recent photos of renovations (especially the replacing of the blue seats), if there are any WSI people who have been to the Cell recently to see if any work has started, and if so, do you have any photos of what has been done so far? I'm just wondering. I guess I can't wait to see what the Cell looks like with green seats.

NonetheLoaiza
11-15-2005, 12:18 PM
My guess is that they will not start working on it for another month or two, if even that. I can't imagine the seats taking too long to replace, so they will probably do it later than sooner.

TheOldRoman
11-15-2005, 12:58 PM
My guess is that they will not start working on it for another month or two, if even that. I can't imagine the seats taking too long to replace, so they will probably do it later than sooner.
The seats will take a while. As I remember from last year, when they remove the old seats, they have to do structural tests to the concrete in that area.
I dont know if they have any renovations on the table other than green seats and the restaurant for the scout seats, If are doing anything else, it would be nothing major; just minor things like painting or adding bricks somewhere. Either way, I dont think the work will get finished until the deadline. Last year, the Sox went down to the wire with the renovations. The pictures on their website changed dramatically over the last week or so before the season.

CHIsoxNation
11-15-2005, 01:05 PM
I haven't seen anything just going by the park every day. Last year they had the old seats all lined up in the ramps and what not while they were moving them out. You could see workers walking around outside the park, going in and out with stuff.

I haven't seen anything of the sort yet.

mweflen
11-15-2005, 01:12 PM
i live down there now. they have started ripping out the seats in the UD - they're about 20% of the way in from each corner. of course i cannot see the LD from the outside, so who knows.

CluelessJoe1919
11-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Why are the Sox switching to green seats?
Everybody has green seats and they're ugly.
The Cell had some flare to it with the blue seats.
Besides, nobody will know the color of the seats next season, anyway.

robertks61
11-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Check out the Dodgers website for renovations & seat replacement. They are also replacing the box seats they installed last year.

JohnBasedowYoda
11-15-2005, 04:58 PM
the home run porch is coming along swimmingly

Dolanski
11-15-2005, 06:26 PM
They won't be starting for awhile, they still gotta clean up all that bunting and World Series logos from the field...

The price you pay for be a World Champion!

C-Dawg
11-15-2005, 07:33 PM
i live down there now. they have started ripping out the seats in the UD - they're about 20% of the way in from each corner. of course i cannot see the LD from the outside, so who knows.

That sounds pretty accurate. I was at the Gift Shop a few days ago, and from the little roped-in area on the concourse I could see all the bare concrete in the UD. Also visible was one section behind the Sox dugout (like about Sec. 138 maybe) where the seats were unmounted but looked to be just sitting there, as though waiting to be carted out. No green seats looked to be installed yet (except for 300 level of course).

Some of the UD work is visible from outside the park, if you drive around very slowly and look in just the right places.

soxwon
11-15-2005, 09:46 PM
The seats will take a while. As I remember from last year, when they remove the old seats, they have to do structural tests to the concrete in that area.
I dont know if they have any renovations on the table other than green seats and the restaurant for the scout seats, If are doing anything else, it would be nothing major; just minor things like painting or adding bricks somewhere. Either way, I dont think the work will get finished until the deadline. Last year, the Sox went down to the wire with the renovations. The pictures on their website changed dramatically over the last week or so before the season.

is the restaurant for scout seats ever going to be a solid structure, it looks like a glorified tent to me?

anewman35
11-15-2005, 10:05 PM
is the restaurant for scout seats ever going to be a solid structure, it looks like a glorified tent to me?

It's going to be inside the park, where Fundamentals was before last season.

doublem23
11-15-2005, 10:13 PM

I thought they had to do all those tests because they were literally going to shave off parts of the park.

TomBradley72
11-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Some of the UD work is visible from outside the park, if you drive around very slowly and look in just the right places.

I think "stalking" USCF is a sign of White Sox withdrawl....:cool:

TheOldRoman
11-16-2005, 12:24 PM
I thought they had to do all those tests because they were literally going to shave off parts of the park.
Possibly. I remember them doing the tests when they took out the seats last year. It might be because of the upperdeck renovations, but I thought I remembered hearing that they needed to do routine tests on the concrete.

C-Dawg
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I think "stalking" USCF is a sign of White Sox withdrawl....

Yep... I resemble that remark!

:cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
11-17-2005, 08:52 PM
I think "stalking" USCF is a sign of White Sox withdrawl....:cool:

haha i've done that when they're re-doing the ud. It seems so funny in retrospect

Red Barchetta
11-17-2005, 09:19 PM
It's going to be inside the park, where Fundamentals was before last season.

I thought the restaurant was supposed to be under the seats behind home plate?