PDA

View Full Version : New Sox DVD??

Garland_IS_God
11-15-2005, 01:13 PM
http://shop.mlb.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=1452625&clickid=topnav_subnav_txt

I think they finally did come out with a Sox DVD that is different than the World Series highlights. It's not a Box set like the Red Sox. It looks like it's only one dvd.

Erik The Red
11-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Yeah, this was posted a couple days ago. I'm checking to see if it can be ordered anywhere else but mlb.com, it's the worst site I've ever dealt with.

anewman35
11-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah, this was posted a couple days ago. I'm checking to see if it can be ordered anywhere else but mlb.com, it's the worst site I've ever dealt with.

I haven't seen it posted anywhere else yet, but I wouldn't worry, I'd bet anything that it'll be on Amazon.com soon (as well as in every store in Chicago).

Law11
11-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I went to the actual company website Hart Sharp Video.
Nothing on their site. They do have 2 red sox videos which gives me hope this may be the place to get our Sox stuff.

It has the comcast logo which leads me to think this is more what we all have been wanting than just the WS DVD.

Here's hoping this will be in stores soon.

kjkobs
11-15-2005, 04:27 PM
I haven't seen it posted anywhere else yet, but I wouldn't worry, I'd bet anything that it'll be on Amazon.com soon (as well as in every store in Chicago).

I posted it back on Saturday. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62236

At the time, buy.com had it listed for $14.88 with a release date of 12/6/05.

RowanDye
11-15-2005, 04:42 PM
"This DVD captures the highlights of the 2005 World Series - from Playoff Game 1?? right though to the World Series Championship. All of the excitement and drama from the 2005 World Series will be here in the Official World Series Video from Major League Baseball and Shout!"

In the description for the the World Series DVD they say "from Playoff Game 1 right through to the World Series Chamionship" . What does that mean? Playoff game 1 sounds like the first game of the playoffs to me, but mabe it just means the first game of the World Series.

BeefyD
11-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Features

Going wire to wire to win the A.L. Central division, this team set a major-league record by having a lead in 37 straight games to begin a season.
This is the story of their triumph - starting in the offs-season when general manager Ken Williams put the championship team together to the history making world series.
Through out the season they maintained an attitude of no matter win or lose, the Sox would do it as team.
The ONLY year in Review available that concentrates not only the World Series, but the entire year!

Erik The Red
11-16-2005, 02:45 AM
I just e-mailed Brooks... er, I mean Comcast SportsNet to ask if anyone else would be carrying the DVD.

LongLiveFisk
11-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Bleh...I don't want highlights. I want the full games, dammit!! :mad: :tongue:

Baby Fisk
11-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Bleh...I don't want highlights. I want the full games, dammit!! :mad: :tongue:
The bar was set when Boston got its multi-mega box set (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009IXRLW/002-5093512-1043242?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance) last year:

DVD Features:

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
35 hours on 12 DVDs
Unedited original broadcasts of all seven ALCS games against the New York Yankees and all four World Series games against the St. Louis Cardinals
The 2004 World Series film
Schilling speaks with fans
Celebrity fans on the big win
Arroyo: pitcher by day, musician by night
ALCS game 7 post-game celebration
ALCS game 4: Millar makes a prediction
Francona takes over
Best of Ortiz wireless
ALCS game 1: Timlin and Embree wireless
Millar speaks with Dan Shaughnessy
Damon shaves beard!
Red Sox visit the White House
World Series locker room celebration
2005 ring and banner ceremony
Inning selection
We should settle for no less. FULL GAMES OR FIGHT! :cool:

LongLiveFisk
11-16-2005, 10:39 AM
The bar was set when Boston got its multi-mega box set (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009IXRLW/002-5093512-1043242?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance) last year:

[/list]We should settle for no less. FULL GAMES OR FIGHT! :cool:

You got it, BF!! We must stand together on this one!! :bandance:

Jerko
11-16-2005, 10:46 AM

I PM'd Fenway about that Red Sox box set about a week ago, and he said to check in about a month to see if anything is up. I guess theirs came out near the end of Nov. So, I am hoping that we'll see something concrete soon. I'll pick up the highlight DVD just to have it, but that box set would be sweet. I already have that in mind as a Christmas present for a few people so I hope it comes out.

Baby Fisk
11-16-2005, 10:49 AM

The White Sox 2005 multi-mega box set could look something like:

DVD Features:

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
40+ hours on 14 DVDs
Unedited original broadcasts of all three ALDS games against the Boston Red Sox, all five ALCS games against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and all four World Series games against the Houston Astros
The 2005 World Series film
Buehrle speaks with fans
Celebrity fans on the big win :rolleyes: [this section could be deleted]
Jerry Reinsdorf mini-bio
Interviews with Ken Williams & Ozzie Guillen
ALCS game 5 post-game celebration
WS game 4 post-game celebration
Ozzie hijinx
Historic Sox footage (like the scoreboard montage!)
wireless hijinx from various players (eg. Rowand-Anderson going wild after the Pods HR)
DVD exclusive: PaleHoseGeorge offers his uncensored opinions of the Chicago media
parade footage
White Sox visit the White House (better happen! :mad: )
World Series locker room celebration / award presentations
2006 Opening Day ring and banner ceremony
kooky krazy karaoke featuring Steve Perry, A.J. Pierzynski, Joe Crede and Aaron Rowand
Inning selection

Baby Fisk
11-16-2005, 10:50 AM
I PM'd Fenway about that Red Sox box set about a week ago, and he said to check in about a month to see if anything is up. I guess theirs came out near the end of Nov. So, I am hoping that we'll see something concrete soon. I'll pick up the highlight DVD just to have it, but that box set would be sweet. I already have that in mind as a Christmas present for a few people so I hope it comes out.
It would have had to come out in the spring of 2005 because the table of contents mentions the 2005 ring and banner ceremony.

Jerko
11-16-2005, 11:02 AM
It would have had to come out in the spring of 2005 because the table of contents mentions the 2005 ring and banner ceremony.

I just did a WSI search and it looks like it came out in July 05. So, we're gonna have to wait a while. :(: If it's anything like that Red Sox one, though, it will be worth the wait. :smile:

mwc44
11-16-2005, 01:43 PM
See it here soon...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62351

anewman35
11-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Press release for the World Series DVD, including the first mention I've seen of a lot of the special features:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20051117&content_id=1269479&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

JUribe1989
11-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Michael Clarke Duncan has a powerful voice, I can't wait to get mine.

Erik The Red
11-18-2005, 01:10 AM
I heard back from Comcast, and they will not be selling it directly. So it's either eBay or hopefully Amazon for me, then.

starboy0
11-18-2005, 06:49 AM
This is the THIRD Sox DVD that has come out, right? The first one was available for order right after the series ended which encapsulated highlights of all postseason, the second includes highlights of the entire season and now this one called "Shout" is a third and distinct one, correct?

anewman35
11-18-2005, 07:33 AM
I heard back from Comcast, and they will not be selling it directly. So it's either eBay or hopefully Amazon for me, then.

Do you actually live in Batavia like your account says? Because it won't be hard to find in the area.

anewman35
11-18-2005, 07:34 AM
This is the THIRD Sox DVD that has come out, right? The first one was available for order right after the series ended which encapsulated highlights of all postseason, the second includes highlights of the entire season and now this one called "Shout" is a third and distinct one, correct?

No. None are out yet. This IS the World Series one (which includes the entire postseason). It's not called "Shout", that's part of the name of the company putting it out.

Iwritecode
11-18-2005, 10:15 AM
No. None are out yet. This IS the World Series one (which includes the entire postseason). It's not called "Shout", that's part of the name of the company putting it out.

I think they've confused people now that they've released a picture of the actual cover instead of that generic black and blue one that just said "World Series" on it...

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2340653reg.jpg = http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/69/82/22_2.JPG

Jerko
11-18-2005, 10:21 AM
So, we're not worthy of a Box set like the Red Sox had last year, or do we just have to wait????? I think MLB put that out, not the Red Sox. Lame if we don't get the same treatment, but not unexpected.

SoxFan78
11-18-2005, 10:26 AM
So, we're not worthy of a Box set like the Red Sox had last year, or do we just have to wait????? I think MLB put that out, not the Red Sox. Lame if we don't get the same treatment, but not unexpected.

its still unknown if the Sox are getting a box set. And if one to was to come out, I dont think it would be coming out until next year.

Iwritecode
11-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Damon shaves beard!

They had to include this in the highlights? :?:

Baby Fisk
11-18-2005, 10:44 AM
The Boston box set was released on July 26, 2005.

Does anyone have a contact within MLB or the media who could confirm whether the "box set" format was a one-off for the world's most popular team, or whether box sets will be produced every year from now on?

Iwritecode
11-18-2005, 10:45 AM

Does anyone have a contact within MLB or the media who could confirm whether the "box set" format was a one-off for the world's most popular team, or whether box sets will be produced every year from now on?

Email Brooks.

Baby Fisk
11-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Email Brooks.
I did the next best thing: e-mailed MLB.com.

EDIT: Surprise, surprise, an automated response came back, not even answering my question. There's no point pasting the 20 meaningless paragraphs of drivel that they sent. Thanks again, MLB.com!

Blob
11-18-2005, 11:03 AM
They had to include this in the highlights? :?:

Maybe they'll put one in of Crede's haircut.

Jerko
11-18-2005, 11:04 AM
I think Damon is as big a goof as the next guy, but I think the whole beard shaving thing was a charity event, so I won't begrudge them putting that on the DVD.

anewman35
11-18-2005, 11:23 AM

I doubt at this point they'd confirm it, even if they knew. If they confirmed now that it would be coming, nobody would buy the World Series highlights DVD. They want to make as much money as possible.

Lip Man 1
11-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Just my opinion but I'd be very surprised if A&E did something like this for the White Sox. They simply don't have a national following and A&E is probably very concerned about doing this and then simply not selling enough to make it profitable.

It would be nice if it did, but I'm not holding my breath.

Lip

Iwritecode
11-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Just my opinion but I'd be very surprised if A&E did something like this for the White Sox. They simply don't have a national following and A&E is probably very concerned about doing this and then simply not selling enough to make it profitable.

Lip

C'mon Lip, even you shouldn't be this negative.

Check out this ST article. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/worldseries/cst-nws-soxstuff11.html)

White Sox merchandise has been a top seller ever since the team switched to the eye-catching black and white logo back in 1991, but now that the South Siders have won the World Series, the league can barely keep up.

"We sold a ton of [World Series] products, and we're going to produce more because the fans want more," said Howard Smith, MLB's senior vice president of licensing.

Although the league does not reveal how much money it has made or how many items it has sold, Smith said Sox World Series products have emerged as the "third-greatest hot market" following the 2000 Yankees/Mets subway series and the 2004 Boston Red Sox.

They would definitely have a market to sell to.

LongLiveFisk
11-18-2005, 12:34 PM

Lip

I don't see a problem in only releasing "X" amount of them to at least see how well it does, especially given the fact that we are 3rd in sales of World Series merchandise only behind the 2000 Yanks and 2004 Red Sox. Obviously there has been a big demand and I think this DVD would fly off the shelves.

Baby Fisk
11-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Sox World Series products have emerged as the "third-greatest hot market" following the 2000 Yankees/Mets subway series and the 2004 Boston Red Sox. :sahaf

"Scurrulous falsehoods from unscrupulous sources! The White Pantyhose are liars! There is no World Champion in Chicago! There will NEVER be a World Champion in Chicago. Praise Dusty!"

DumpJerry
11-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Sox World Series products have emerged as the "third-greatest hot market" following the 2000 Yankees/Mets subway series and the 2004 Boston Red Sox.
1.75 million people can't be wrong. All of us at the parade will buy, on average, over one copy each. Do the math, MLB.

TDog
11-18-2005, 11:41 PM
As I understand it, an Ed Sherman story in Saturday's Tribune (it may be posted on the Web site already, but I don't visit media sites that require registration) has nice things to say about the 75-minute official World Series DVD distributed by the Shout! Factory.

It also states that a DVD package will be available in March featuring the original broadcasts of all For World Series games.

Brian26
11-18-2005, 11:49 PM
It also states that a DVD package will be available in March featuring the original broadcasts of all For World Series games.

That's a step in the right direction. Who's producing that, though, and why would it be so hard to include the ALDS and ALCS games too?

TDog
11-18-2005, 11:56 PM
That's a step in the right direction. Who's producing that, though, and why would it be so hard to include the ALDS and ALCS games too?

Ed Sherman doesn't say, but he obviously has a news release, either from a DVD distributor or the team or MLB.

Iwritecode
11-19-2005, 12:02 AM
As I understand it, an Ed Sherman story in Saturday's Tribune (it may be posted on the Web site already, but I don't visit media sites that require registration) has nice things to say about the 75-minute official World Series DVD distributed by the Shout! Factory.

Here it is. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-051118sherman,1,4200320.column?coll=cs-whitesox-utility)

Lip Man 1
11-19-2005, 12:27 AM
Well that answer's the issue doesn't it? Four is better then nothing but far from eleven.

Lip

LongLiveFisk
11-19-2005, 08:35 AM

If it's a Fox Sports Special, that would explain why it's only the World Series. ESPN and WGN were broadcasting the ALDS and ALCS. That sucks. :mad:

anewman35
11-19-2005, 10:15 AM
If it's a Fox Sports Special, that would explain why it's only the World Series. ESPN and WGN were broadcasting the ALDS and ALCS. That sucks. :mad:

The ALCS was on Fox.

kjkobs
11-19-2005, 10:46 AM

WGN was only simulcasting the ESPN broadcast so those who didn't have ESPN wouldnt be out in the dark for the ALDS.

downstairs
11-19-2005, 10:53 AM
The ALCS was on Fox.

Correct. But considering the ALDS was on ESPN, and supposedly the Red Sox lost... something tells me the tapes were.... ummmmm... *cough*.... misplaced somewhere in the ESPN vaults and will no longer be available.

salty99
11-19-2005, 01:50 PM
In March they are releasing DVD's of all 4 World Series games.:bandance: :bandance:

Iwritecode
11-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Correct. But considering the ALDS was on ESPN, and supposedly the Red Sox lost... something tells me the tapes were.... ummmmm... *cough*.... misplaced somewhere in the ESPN vaults and will no longer be available.

Comcast got a hold of some... :?:

Erik The Red
11-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Do you actually live in Batavia like your account says? Because it won't be hard to find in the area.
Yeah, I can check the Best Buy on Randall I guess. It just seemed that no one else knows about the DVD, so it looked like it might be available online only.

Baby Fisk
11-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Sox fans should settle for no less than what was produced for the 2004 World Series. In fact, we should be able to get a complete 2005 POST SEASON BOX SET, featuring all the games from the WS, ALCS and ALDS.

One small means of making a public statement is by posting that kind of request among the reviews of the 2005 highlights DVD at Amazon.com. Several reviewers have already started: linky (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AXWX6Q/102-0707884-5070529?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance)

Dolly
11-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Sox fans should settle for no less than what was produced for the 2004 World Series. In fact, we should be able to get a complete 2005 POST SEASON BOX SET, featuring all the games from the WS, ALCS and ALDS.

One small means of making a public statement is by posting that kind of request among the reviews of the 2005 highlights DVD at Amazon.com. Several reviewers have already started: linky (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AXWX6Q/102-0707884-5070529?v=glance&n=130&s=dvd&v=glance)According to that last reviewer, K. Palmer, one is scheduled to come out in March 2006. I would love to know who this is and if he really knows what he's talking about! I see salty99 posted this info too... where did you get that information? That's awesome if it's true!!!

Iwritecode
11-23-2005, 01:15 PM
According to that last reviewer, K. Palmer, one is scheduled to come out in March 2006. I would love to know who this is and if he really knows what he's talking about! I see salty99 posted this info too... where did you get that information? That's awesome if it's true!!!

According to an article in the Chicago Tribune on November 19, 2005 (written by Ed Sherman), in March 2006, a DVD set will be issued that will show all four World Series games as they were broadcast. However, the article does not state whether the games against the Red Sox in the ALDS or the Angels in the ALCS will be included. Hopefully they will be...

He just repeated what was said in the Tribune. No ground-breaking info here...

Baby Fisk
11-23-2005, 01:16 PM
According to that last reviewer, K. Palmer, one is scheduled to come out in March 2006. I would love to know who this is and if he really knows what he's talking about! I see salty99 posted this info too... where did you get that information? That's awesome if it's true!!!I want it all! I want all 12 post season games! :cool: