PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

Pike
11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Hey Sox fans,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the forum.

I moved here in 2001 from New Orleans, and I instantly became a fan of Chicago White Sox! In fact, pulling for the Sox wasn't anything knew. I would pull for the sox, at home, on WGN back in the early 90s (I was trying to choose a team to root for). I can remember watching "blackjack," F. Thomas, and C. Fisk, however, I didn't, at the time, develop a love for a team as much I had for the game. Its hard becoming a fan of a team that you cannot watch on a regular basis, so my interest in baseball in general was one of mild curiousity.

Upon my arrival, I knew I had to pick a team, not because Chicago demanded it, but rather, I wanted to be more than the casual fan. Most people in NOLA loves the Cubs. I thought they wer insane. As a long time Sants fan (BB&G= bleed black and gold), I knew I didn't want to pull for a team too similar to my Saints,.... a man's heart can take so much agony in one year. I went to two Cubs games in 2001. The Cubs were in contention that year, but like the Saints they found a way.

The White Sox wasn't very good, but I got a good vibe from the team that they would do anything to get things done and to bring a winner. By 2002, I finally made it to my first Sox game. It was a drumming by the Yankees, but I was hooked. BRW, Wrighley is overrated and the "Cell" is way underrated. Also, the Sox have the best announcers in all sports,... before I had cable here, I listen to a lot of games.

The White Sox are my team, and I WILL, DID, and will CONTINUE to pour every inch of my heart for this team. The hardes part was not taking every loss so hard. This year was the first year I was able to convince myself to look at the series, not individual games.

I still bleed black and gold, but I am type S-O-X +

GO SOX
GEAUX SAINTS

I tell y'all what, if the saints move, that gold will turn to silver real quick,...LOL

CHIsoxNation
11-15-2005, 01:05 PM
:welcome:

You came at a good time.

Baby Fisk
11-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey, welcome aboard! Nice story. :cheers:

Pike
11-15-2005, 01:11 PM
:welcome:

You came at a good time.

Well, not at the time,.. 2001 wasn't all that great of a year,... 2002 wasn't very promising either. In 2004 i couldn't get anyone to go to a game with me,.. I watch us pound the yanks that day,.... the jerks had to wait until the next game to clinch.

I was one of the few people I spoke to that like Ozzie and the direction of the team aftert he 2004 season, but then again,... I wasn't coming here either!

Madvora
11-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Watching the Sox in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004, I can't believe you made it to 2005. Those were the years that almost made me pack it up and give up on this team forever. I gave them one more chance and it was this year.

CHIsoxNation
11-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Well, not at the time,.. 2001 wasn't all that great of a year,... 2002 wasn't very promising either. In 2004 i couldn't get anyone to go to a game with me,.. I watch us pound the yanks that day,.... the jerks had to wait until the next game to clinch.

I was one of the few people I spoke to that like Ozzie and the direction of the team aftert he 2004 season, but then again,... I wasn't coming here either!

Good to hear you've been sticking with the team for a while. The wagon was getting pretty tight anyway.

BTW - It's unfortunate the mess the Saints have gone through this year. It's too bad.