PDA

View Full Version : Did we win with any Scott Boras clients?

pudge
11-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Listening to a discussion on T.O.'s agent this morning got me thinking: the Sox made a pretty bold stand against Boras, and I'm wondering how badly we stuck it to him - ie, did we win with any of his players?

voodoochile
11-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Crede is a client, but he is still Sox property.

eriqjaffe
11-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Crede is a client, but he is still Sox property until he's eligible for free agency.Isn't Juan Uribe also a Boras client?

santo=dorf
11-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Isn't Juan Uribe also a Boras client?

We need a sticky for this.

Uribe switched agents(I'm pretty sure it's the same one as Marte) before signing his 3 year deal last offseason.

Madvora
11-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Yes, Crede and Uribe are both Boras clients. I thought about that this year and how the new stance by KW will affect how these guys are dealt with.

santo=dorf
11-15-2005, 12:06 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42984

From the December 17th, 2004 Sun-Times
Meanwhile, negotiations were said to have been a breeze on the three-year, $9.75 million deal that shortstop Juan Uribe agreed to Wednesday. One reason could be that Uribe left agent Scott Boras last month and switched to Martin Arburua, also Marte's agent.

The Sox and Boras have had contentious negotiations long before the fallout from the Magglio Ordonez situation this offseason. Williams has said he and Boras disagree about the worth of Boras' clients, while Boras has said at least three members of the Sox staff have lied about medical records surrounding Ordonez's injured left knee.

steff
11-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Yes, Crede and Uribe are both Boras clients. I thought about that this year and how the new stance by KW will affect how these guys are dealt with.

Nope. Thankfully.

Madvora
11-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Well, I was going to add "as far as I know," but I decided against it.
I know everything.