PDA

View Full Version : Parade Question

alohafri
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
At the end of the ceremony, someone said, "Thank you Chicago. By the way, I was safe." Was that Rowand, referring to the time when he was sent home by Wavin' Wendell Cora, or was it A.J. referring to the dropped third strike?

I have seen a few versions of the parade, but still haven't seen who said it.

mike squires
11-15-2005, 10:34 AM
I"m not sure, I'll hve to watch it again. :D: ANother parade question...Could people hear or not. Cause on TV everyone cheered at the appropriate moments...if someone said something, people cheered. Has it just people in the front that couldn't hear or what?

NonetheLoaiza
11-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Just those people in the back, where I was could not hear. The speakers, for some reason, were not working.

Jjav829
11-15-2005, 10:40 AM
I"m not sure, I'll hve to watch it again. :D: ANother parade question...Could people hear or not. Cause on TV everyone cheered at the appropriate moments...if someone said something, people cheered. Has it just people in the front that couldn't hear or what?

The vast majority of people could not here. Unless you were within about 100 (maybe less) feet, you couldn't hear. The reason everyone cheered is because those who couldn't hear followed the lead of those who could hear as far as cheering goes. If we heard cheering, we cheered. That's how it went. Other than that we stood around talking and starting chants until we heard another cheer go up.

Jerko
11-15-2005, 10:42 AM
The speaker that was to the left of the stage (while facing the stage) kept cutting in and out. I was 2 feet away from it and couldn't hear when it went out. Great day otherwise.

Iwritecode
11-15-2005, 10:43 AM
I think it was AJ.

CHIsoxNation
11-15-2005, 10:46 AM
At the end of the ceremony, someone said, "Thank you Chicago. By the way, I was safe." Was that Rowand, referring to the time when he was sent home by Wavin' Wendell Cora, or was it A.J. referring to the dropped third strike?

I heard that too! At first I thought someone said, "Thank you, Chicago. By the way, I'm staying!"

And of course I wanted to believe it was Konerko yelling that, but then I realized that it was only wishful thinking. :(:

Cellview22
11-15-2005, 10:57 AM
I thought it was Steve Perry. I thought he said "By the way, Chicago, I'm Steve".

oeo
11-15-2005, 10:57 AM
I think it was AJ.

Bingo! I'm pretty sure it was AJ, saying he was safe on the third strike call.

I thought it was Steve Perry. I thought he said "By the way, Chicago, I'm Steve".

:rolling:

SOXPHILE
11-15-2005, 11:01 AM
It was A.J. He was refering to the drop third strike play in game 2 of the ALCS.

chisoxfanatic
11-15-2005, 01:10 PM
I heard that too! At first I thought someone said, "Thank you, Chicago. By the way, I'm staying!"

Didn't Ozzie say that at some point during his speach?

slavko
11-15-2005, 01:50 PM
The speaker that was to the left of the stage (while facing the stage) kept cutting in and out. I was 2 feet away from it and couldn't hear when it went out. Great day otherwise.

Ditto. But we were better off there than up La Salle St.

WSDaytonOH
11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
The vast majority of people could not here. Unless you were within about 100 (maybe less) feet, you couldn't hear. The reason everyone cheered is because those who couldn't hear followed the lead of those who could hear as far as cheering goes. If we heard cheering, we cheered. That's how it went. Other than that we stood around talking and starting chants until we heard another cheer go up.

I was at Wacker and Clark where the buses stopped...NO SPEAKERS! I waited after the fly-over and headed back to the train.

Maybe the Mayor will have it better planned NEXT YEAR!

CHIsoxNation
11-15-2005, 03:27 PM
Didn't Ozzie say that at some point during his speach?

Yah he did, but he said that during his speech. I heard this at the end during the fireworks.

Cat Thief
11-15-2005, 04:28 PM
I was at Wacker and Clark where the buses stopped...NO SPEAKERS! I waited after the fly-over and headed back to the train.

Maybe the Mayor will have it better planned NEXT YEAR!

I think they planned it out very nicely in the time that they had. I can only hope they have the same techincal difficulties next year.

LuvSox
11-15-2005, 09:45 PM

I hope you typed this from a beach in CABO! :gulp: