PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice the Cubune lately??

Flight #24
11-15-2005, 09:29 AM
Just seems to me that while the Sox are both world champs, and have some pretty solid irons in the fire with Konerko FA, potential trades for Delgado, Helton, & Thome, and the Frank scenario, the main baseball sports articles the past 2 days are the barnburners that Nomar was "told to find a better fit" and Larry Rothschild "says you can't count on Wood".

Meanwhile, the LA Times, which I believe is a Tribune company, reports that the Angels are likely starting with a 4/$48 offer, the kind that would be an easy match for the Sox, but that somehow excaped the notice or comment by the local branch of the same company.....

In the past it's been "Cubs have real World Series hopes, Sox don't", or "Cubs have more going on around them". Now Sox are the defending champs and have plenty going on.....what's the excuse now?

Knueman, come out come out wherever you are!

Ol' No. 2
11-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Just seems to me that while the Sox are both world champs, and have some pretty solid irons in the fire with Konerko FA, potential trades for Delgado, Helton, & Thome, and the Frank scenario, the main baseball sports articles the past 2 days are the barnburners that Nomar was "told to find a better fit" and Larry Rothschild "says you can't count on Wood".

Meanwhile, the LA Times, which I believe is a Tribune company, reports that the Angels are likely starting with a 4/$48 offer, the kind that would be an easy match for the Sox, but that somehow excaped the notice or comment by the local branch of the same company.....

In the past it's been "Cubs have real World Series hopes, Sox don't", or "Cubs have more going on around them". Now Sox are the defending champs and have plenty going on.....what's the excuse now?

Knueman, come out come out wherever you are!:knue What are you talking about? Didn't you see the article a few days ago about the Sox raising ticket prices?

tebman
11-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Really, now. This World Series stuff is old news. The Tribune's readers need to know exactly where everyone's favorite injured, career-twilight secondbaseman is going to play next year. Where is his lovely wife going to kick a soccer ball? Tribune readers need to know!

I don't expect things to be all-Sox, all the time, especially from the Tribune. But it does seem like they're playing a lot of catch-up for their corporate brothers.

veeter
11-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Fred Mitchell is the biggest cubbie backer they have.

Baby Fisk
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm constantly checking their website to learn if there will be a Mia Hamm day in 2006.

MadetoOrta
11-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Wouldn't it be delicious if Garciaparra took a reduced incentive-laden contract to DH for the Sox and he goes off on a tear? .295 27 HR 96 RBI

The cubune can try all they want. Everyone knows WE ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!:bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp: :tongue: :tongue:

Hitmen77
11-15-2005, 02:34 PM
I noticed that they trotted out their usual selection of letters from Cub fans who claimed that Sox fans are classless, Cub fans are willing to support the Sox but Sox fans are full of nothing but hatred for the Cubs, blah blah blah, the usual anti-Sox B.S.

Oh, and my favorite, they printed a letter from some Cub fan who said she went to a Sox game once and people there were drunk and using vulgar language and she'll never go back there again. Because we all know that no one at Wrigley ever swears or gets drunk! That type of letter is a favorite of the Cubune - I swear they trot one of those at least once a year and it's always aimed at the Sox. Anything to trash the competition.

SOXPHILE
11-15-2005, 03:31 PM
I noticed that they trotted out their usual selection of letters from Cub fans who claimed that Sox fans are classless, Cub fans are willing to support the Sox but Sox fans are full of nothing but hatred for the Cubs, blah blah blah, the usual anti-Sox B.S.

Oh, and my favorite, they printed a letter from some Cub fan who said she went to a Sox game once and people there were drunk and using vulgar language and she'll never go back there again. Because we all know that no one at Wrigley ever swears or gets drunk! That type of letter is a favorite of the Cubune - I swear they trot one of those at least once a year and it's always aimed at the Sox. Anything to trash the competition.

Dont' forget about the other guy in the "voice of the people" that trotted out the ol' "get over it and move on Sox fans", in regards to us and the Trib's coverage of the Sox, and how they still (GASP !) are mentioning the Sox World Series Championship a FULL 3 WEEKS AFTER IT HAPPENED !! OH NO ! He then goes on to implore the Trib to resume covering "America's Team", the Cubs. I just laugh. Choke on it Cub fans. I've said it before, and I say it again. Wallow in your misery and anguish this fall and winter, knowing the Sox are World Champs, and the Cubs still suck.

TheDarkGundam
11-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Cub fans are mad because they talk about us too much, we're mad because they don't talk about us enough.
If the Cubune could only find a way to alienate Bears and Bulls fans, they'd be in good shape.

Dick Allen
11-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Oh, and my favorite, they printed a letter from some Cub fan who said she went to a Sox game once and people there were drunk and using vulgar language and she'll never go back there again. Because we all know that no one at Wrigley ever swears or gets drunk! That type of letter is a favorite of the Cubune - I swear they trot one of those at least once a year and it's always aimed at the Sox. Anything to trash the competition.I wonder how many of those "drunk, vulgar fans" were actually Cub fans.

Dan Mega
11-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Dont' forget about the other guy in the "voice of the people" that trotted out the ol' "get over it and move on Sox fans", in regards to us and the Trib's coverage of the Sox, and how they still (GASP !) are mentioning the Sox World Series Championship a FULL 3 WEEKS AFTER IT HAPPENED !! OH NO ! He then goes on to implore the Trib to resume covering "America's Team", the Cubs. I just laugh. Choke on it Cub fans. I've said it before, and I say it again. Wallow in your misery and anguish this fall and winter, knowing the Sox are World Champs, and the Cubs still suck.

SOX "CHAMPIONSHIP" WAS ACTUALLY JUST A SCRIPTED FOX SPECIAL, MLB SAYS
Special Columnist Bruce Levine: 50 reasons why the Cubs will be World Series winners in 2006

SoxSpeed22
11-15-2005, 05:15 PM
SOX "CHAMPIONSHIP" WAS ACTUALLY JUST A SCRIPTED FOX SPECIAL, MLB SAYS
Special Columnist Bruce Levine: 50 reasons why the Cubs will be World Series winners in 2006We have a special thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60696) for things like this

MarySwiss
11-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Guys! Some great truths:

Nothing is certain except death.
The sun rises in the East and sets in the West.
The Chicago media is pathetic.
The White Sox are the 2005 World Series Champions!

:bandance:

AZSoxFAN
11-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Cmon guys, the Trib is what it is...a Cub fan rag. It was a Cub fan rag long before they bought the Cubs. There's nothing new here, and it won't change - move on. Historically (and this goes waaay back, the Trib is a north side paper, and the Times is the South Side paper. The lines have blurred, but not that much. Who needs the Trib?:gulp: