PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com is sending out garbage

Brian26
11-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Tonight I received my third package in a row from MLB.com with completely defective or faulty merchandise. This is completely unbelievable. Is anyone else receiving garbage and just keeping it because they don't want to go through the hassle of sending it back?

I ordered five items two weeks ago. Because of MLB.com's screwed up delivery system and back-ordered items, all five items are being shipped separately. The first sweatshirt came packaged nicely but was a 2XL instead of a L. So I had to call back and request a return mailing label (since I'm not paying for the return shipping on their mistake). The next item was a fleece that fit perfectly, but the mlb.com logo on the back was sewn on at a 30-degree angle and looked awful. The third item came tonight (a re-order of the sweatshirt), but this time the front pocket was sewn on at a completely wrong angle. The curious thing also was that it came stuffed in a box without any plastic wrapped around it (like this may have been returned before). I'm beginning to think that mlb.com's warehouse is full of merchandise that is too faulty to sell in retail outlets, so they think they can get away with sending it out with these online orders and people won't go through the trouble to send it back.

If you guys run into any problems with the items that are delivered, call 1-888-MLB-SHOP and complain. If you choose to return it, they are required to send you a prepaid return shipping label via email. If you choose to re-order the item, make sure that you get any original discounts from the initial order (ie MLBSORRY20), and also demand that they pay for the shipping on the new order (you shouldn't have to pay another $5 for shipping because they made a mistake).

Sorry to vent...but I also want to make sure people are keeping an eye on their merchandise and know they can send it back if its not to their liking. I guess this is the whole advantage of actually going to a store and being able to see something in your hand before you purchase it. It might cost 20% more and you will have to pay tax, but at least you know what you're getting.

whitesoxwilkes
11-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Tonight I received my third package in a row from MLB.com with completely defective or faulty merchandise. This is completely unbelievable. Is anyone else receiving garbage and just keeping it because they don't want to go through the hassle of sending it back?

I ordered five items two weeks ago. Because of MLB.com's screwed up delivery system and back-ordered items, all five items are being shipped separately. The first sweatshirt came packaged nicely but was a 2XL instead of a L. So I had to call back and request a return mailing label (since I'm not paying for the return shipping on their mistake). The next item was a fleece that fit perfectly, but the mlb.com logo on the back was sewn on at a 30-degree angle and looked awful. The third item came tonight (a re-order of the sweatshirt), but this time the front pocket was sewn on at a completely wrong angle. The curious thing also was that it came stuffed in a box without any plastic wrapped around it (like this may have been returned before). I'm beginning to think that mlb.com's warehouse is full of merchandise that is too faulty to sell in retail outlets, so they think they can get away with sending it out with these online orders and people won't go through the trouble to send it back.

If you guys run into any problems with the items that are delivered, call 1-888-MLB-SHOP and complain. If you choose to return it, they are required to send you a prepaid return shipping label via email. If you choose to re-order the item, make sure that you get any original discounts from the initial order (ie MLBSORRY20), and also demand that they pay for the shipping on the new order (you shouldn't have to pay another $5 for shipping because they made a mistake).

Sorry to vent...but I also want to make sure people are keeping an eye on their merchandise and know they can send it back if its not to their liking. I guess this is the whole advantage of actually going to a store and being able to see something in your hand before you purchase it. It might cost 20% more and you will have to pay tax, but at least you know what you're getting.

Tell me about it. I ran into the same problem...all 6 of the AL Champs items that I ordered shipped separately, and the last item arrived today. I ordered the Better Half a black zip up AL champs hoodie...and what shows up but a pink "MLB Playoffs 2005" pullover? Grrrrrr.

I'm glad that my gotta-have-it-now mentality took over after we won the WS and I went to Kohl's/Sports Authority and bought everything after seeing it up close first.

MiamiSpartan
11-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Mine have all been fine. My one complaint: I ordered something like 5-7 different items for the Division champs, AL Champs, and World Series champs. They shipped EACH UNIT IN A SEPERATE PACKAGE, so every single day, another bos comes for me, which is really pissing my partner off. Why can't they just ship everything in ONE BOX???

mike squires
11-14-2005, 09:54 PM
I rarely order anything I can't see for myself. The exception, a Carlton Fisk HOF bobblehead. The only problem???? He was wearing a Boston Red Sox jesey.:angry: :angry: :D:

infohawk
11-14-2005, 10:05 PM
I've been having problems too. I ordered a medium black hooded sweatshirt after they won the first round of the playoffs. They sent me a large. By the time I got it, the Sox had won the pennant and I decided to just send the hooded sweatshirt back and buy one reflecting that they won the pennant.

I ordered the Central Division Champs steel gray and black longsleeve baseball shirt about a week after they won the division and it hasn't even shipped yet. I did receive my ALDS hat and Central Champs t-shirt in a relatively timely manner. I ordered the World Series hat, DVD and World Series t-shirt the day after they won it all. I've gotten the t-shirt but have yet to receive the hat or the DVD (which may have still been in production).

MLB sent me an e-mail several days ago saying that if they haven't shipped my outstanding items within 30 days they would just cancel the orders. They also gave me the option of canceling myself right then and there if I didn't want to wait. I didn't cancel, thinking that surely they could manage to ship within 30 days. I certainly hope they can!!!:angry:

I'm not very impressed with MLB's operation. I no longer live in the Chicagoland area and am somewhat beholden to the internet and shipping to get the items I really want. I'll be in Chicago for much of this next weekend, so I considered cancelling my order and getting what I wanted downtown. I'm concerned, though, that if I cancel and can't find exactly what I want because it flew of the shelves, I would have to reorder and wait even longer.:(:

A. Cavatica
11-14-2005, 10:16 PM
I bought an AL Championship hat, a pennant and a WS Championship hat. All were fine.

JUribe1989
11-14-2005, 10:16 PM
MLB.com sent me 2 World Series hats and a wristband! I only asked for a hat. :D::D::D::D:

VivaOzzie
11-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I ordered 2 tshirts and a glass mug. So far, the tshirts are all good. I'm expecting a box of glass shards any time now...

chisoxfanatic
11-14-2005, 10:51 PM
I've only dealt with MLB.com once (for my Johnny Damon jersey shirt) and didn't have bad service from them. It was packaged perfectly in plastic wrap as well. The only issue I had was that they left it between my doors! Packages shouldn't ever be left there. They should instead leave a card in your mailbox to tell you to pick it up if you're not there to receive it! The theft that can go on if proper percautions aren't taken.

LuvSox
11-14-2005, 10:53 PM
I've only dealt with MLB.com once (for my Johnny Damon jersey shirt) and didn't have bad service from them. It was packaged perfectly in plastic wrap as well. The only issue I had was that they left it between my doors! Packages shouldn't ever be left there. They should instead leave a card in your mailbox to tell you to pick it up if you're not there to receive it! The theft that can go on if proper percautions aren't taken.

Sounds like Doug Heffernan's fault, not MLB's. :D:

StillMissOzzie
11-14-2005, 11:14 PM
I started an earlier thread about ordering the championship hat from MLB.com and returning it because the White Sox logo, a small semi-circle piece of the WS05 patch, came off after only two wearings.

My big mistake, after reading this thread, was that I should have gotten MLB.com to pay for the return instead of on my nickel. They did credit my MasterCard account promptly, though.

SMO
:gulp:

gaelhound
11-14-2005, 11:52 PM
I ordered 2 tshirts and a glass mug. So far, the tshirts are all good. I'm expecting a box of glass shards any time now...
Ahh, But they will be World Champion White Sox glass shards!

HotelWhiteSox
11-14-2005, 11:59 PM
MLB.com blows. They double charged my credit card when I ordered 1 program, I guess 'it went in their system twice'. I called them, they told me they cancelled it, and about 3 weeks later (yeah, about 3 weeks after Jewel and Dominick's had them without the hassle), I get 2 in the mail, and my credit card remained double charged. I just went and returned it at Jewel to not have to deal with them anymore. Also, the price dropped right after I ordered it :angry: , it was only a dollar, but still :cool:

ewokpelts
11-15-2005, 12:53 AM
I've been having problems too. I ordered a medium black hooded sweatshirt after they won the first round of the playoffs. They sent me a large. By the time I got it, the Sox had won the pennant and I decided to just send the hooded sweatshirt back and buy one reflecting that they won the pennant.

I ordered the Central Division Champs steel gray and black longsleeve baseball shirt about a week after they won the division and it hasn't even shipped yet. I did receive my ALDS hat and Central Champs t-shirt in a relatively timely manner. I ordered the World Series hat, DVD and World Series t-shirt the day after they won it all. I've gotten the t-shirt but have yet to receive the hat or the DVD (which may have still been in production).

MLB sent me an e-mail several days ago saying that if they haven't shipped my outstanding items within 30 days they would just cancel the orders. They also gave me the option of canceling myself right then and there if I didn't want to wait. I didn't cancel, thinking that surely they could manage to ship within 30 days. I certainly hope they can!!!:angry:

I'm not very impressed with MLB's operation. I no longer live in the Chicagoland area and am somewhat beholden to the internet and shipping to get the items I really want. I'll be in Chicago for much of this next weekend, so I considered cancelling my order and getting what I wanted downtown. I'm concerned, though, that if I cancel and can't find exactly what I want because it flew of the shelves, I would have to reorder and wait even longer.:(:that al central shirt you ordered, and hast shipped yet? already on closeout at mlb.com
Gene

SouthSide_HitMen
11-15-2005, 01:57 AM
:tool "You know I started off as a used car salesman."

Half Cocked Jack
11-15-2005, 02:49 AM
Ordered an AL champions hat, messed up stitching on the inside. MLB.com sucks, I will never order from them again.

StockdaleForVeep
11-15-2005, 03:27 AM
I got my "OUR" sox shirt after they beat boston from mlb.com, i guess i was fortunate to have gotten my items correctly

krohnjw
11-15-2005, 06:17 AM
I still have not received all of my items from MLB.com. This is the 2nd, and likely last, time I ordered from them. Prior it took a month to get my jersey. This time I have received 3/5 packages (good luck so far, knock on wood) but have no clue when the last 2 will ship (ALCS pennant and WS Long sleeve T-shirt). I am hoping to possibly get them before next season :angry:

mccoydp
11-15-2005, 07:54 AM
The only Sox merchandise I've ordered so far has been the AL Central champs shirt and the Central Division pennant. Both arrived in good condition, but I had to wait for almost a month for them to be delivered. I haven't ordered anything else since. After hearing about the bad experiences you all have had with faulty and defective merchandise, I've held back on ordering.
I have had good luck with stuff I've gotten off of EBay, though...at least then you can hold the seller accountable.

Law11
11-15-2005, 08:06 AM
I ordered about 9 items. With the exception of the paperweight I'm still waiting for everything has been fine.

Uncle_Patrick
11-15-2005, 08:28 AM
I ordered a bunch of stuff after the Sox clinched, after they won the ALCS, and after they won the World Series. All the merchandise was fine. My biggest complaint was every time I put something in my shopping card, its status was listed as "In Stock: Usually ships within 1-2 business days" and after I checked out, my order was listed as "Special Order: Awaiting Inventory". Then everything shipped seperately, which I thought was sort of annoying. I finally got the last of all my orders last weekend.

Baby Fisk
11-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Stuff has been trickling in. I ordered 4 T-shirts and 3 have arrived, even tho MLB.com just crammed them into a box as opposed to folding them properly. Also ordered a Sox hat with the WS logo on the side, but there's been no sign of it. I hate returning ****, so I'm very happy they haven't screwed up any orders. Yet.

soxfanatlanta
11-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Ok, you have me worried here. X-mas is coming and the goose is getting fat. Are these problematic orders from the playoff merchandise, or anything from MLB.com?

Perhaps the merchandise is being made up on the North side no?

Baby Fisk
11-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Ok, you have me worried here. X-mas is coming and the goose is getting fat. Are these problematic orders from the playoff merchandise, or anything from MLB.com?

Usually, MLB.com orders are OK. But clearly, they were not anticipating the avalanche of orders for Sox post-season stuff and are having problems meeting the demand properly. No teal.

thepaulbowski
11-15-2005, 09:43 AM
I'm sure if you called Grandstand or went on their website they would be happy to help. And not screw up your order either.

mwc44
11-15-2005, 09:49 AM
:angry: Twice before WE WON IT ALL, I ordered things from MLB Shop.com that were shown as "IN STOCK," and added overnight shipping to the charge. Within 10 minutes of placing the online order, I received an e-mail saying the item was on "back-order." The morning after WE WON the pennant, I ordered a WS hat and sweatshirt and added overnight shipping to the charge... both again said "IN STOCK" and in 10 minutes, another "item is on "back-order." This time I called them, told them to cancel, and to take me off the mailing list because I will NEVER order anything from them again!!! Seems like they prey on enthusiasm, get your credit card number, then say "ooops!":angry:

(I bought the same thing I ordered at Sports Authority the next day, saved the shipping, and God knows how much frustration waiting for FedEx to show up.)

Hey ShopMLB.com... send your ads to Houston, because this CHAMPIONS fan wouldn't be sending you another order or another penny!!!

JayBeast
11-15-2005, 09:56 AM
Where can you find the jackets all the guys were wearing at the end of the season?

It was the one they also wore on the busses durring the parades.
Black w/beige leather sleves

infohawk
11-15-2005, 09:59 AM
that al central shirt you ordered, and hast shipped yet? already on closeout at mlb.com
Gene

Thanks for the information Gene. I didn't know that was the case.

kninchicago
11-15-2005, 10:24 AM
After hearing this I really don't want to order anything through them now. I think I'm going to hit Grandstand on my lunch break later this week. I trust Grandstand still has a ton of Sox championship stuff?

ewokpelts
11-15-2005, 10:40 AM
After hearing this I really don't want to order anything through them now. I think I'm going to hit Grandstand on my lunch break later this week. I trust Grandstand still has a ton of Sox championship stuff?
i'm sure they do, but places like carson on state have discounted items......i doubt grandstand will be selling stuff on closeout anytime soon
Gene

Iwritecode
11-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Where can you find the jackets all the guys were wearing at the end of the season?

It was the one they also wore on the busses durring the parades.
Black w/beige leather sleves

google "white sox wool jacket"

You can find them on MLB.com, Ebay plus tons of other sites...

kninchicago
11-15-2005, 11:36 AM
I will have to check Carson's today, I work a block away. I'm going to check Sports Authority too. Thanks for the tips!

ewokpelts
11-15-2005, 11:57 AM
I will have to check Carson's today, I work a block away. I'm going to check Sports Authority too. Thanks for the tips!
Last i Checked,
WS items were 25% off.
ALCS stuff was 505 off.
No signage on Division Champ gear(I assume 25% off).
Gene

Uncle_Patrick
11-15-2005, 12:00 PM

I've only had problems with the playoff gear.

clogoodie
11-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Edited to reflect updated status
-------------------------------

I placed a big order on 10/31 with MLB.com, and while it hasn't been a complete disaster, it hasn't been a great experience either. Glad I bought a few things from Sports Authority while waiting. And for the record, my previous experiences with MLB.com have been positive. I don't understand their shipping methods though...is DHL that cheap that it doesn't make sense to consolidate shipments?!?

First package shipped 11/3 - WS Clubhouse T, 1951-63 Cooperstown Cap (just adding to my collection), and 2 WS Champs Pint Glasses.

The shipment has a tracking number, but 3 days after its supposed ship date, DHL still shows "No status available. Please contact us (http://www.dhl-usa.com/custserv/contactus.asp)." I contact MLB first, the guy basically says, i have no idea what that means. So I call DHL, and they tell me that while they were notified to expect a package with this tracking number, they've never received it...it's not in their system because they haven't gotten it. So basically, this box of my stuff is lost somewhere in an MLB warehouse. I call MLB again, and this rep says: 'hmm, ok, I have to send an email down to the warehouse to try and locate it'. Meanwhile, the status remains unchanged, so I finally call them back again yesterday and am told that if I don't get it within another week, those items will cancel out, my card will be credited, and I'll have to reorder them. I might try calling again on this, cuz that seems like a stupid solution.

Second package shipped 11/5 - 2 WS Champs shot glasses

This one is actually shipped and in DHL's hands, but the tracking shows that it's addressed to someone in Wisconsin and is apparently heading there. MLB rep tells me that DHL and/or MLB is reusing tracking numbers (which seems completely stupid considering how many random strings of numbers there are out there) but that the package is headed my way, and not to worry. This package does arrive safely on 11/8 and the items were fine.

Third package shipped 11/11 - WS Caricature T

Arrived 11/15, no problems with item

Fourth package shipped 11/11 - WS Trophy Pin

Arrived 11/15... no idea why they had to ship a little pin seperately, and couldn't include it with the t-shirt above...or with the second pin i ordered, which is in the...

Fifth package shipped 11/13 - WS Globe Pin

Arrived 11/16

Sixth package shipped 11/15 - Authentic Fitted Game Cap w/ WS patch

Arrived 11/18...in the wrong size. I went out and bought the cap from a store at 50% off and will be returning this to them. I don't understand how they can screw this up, when there's a bit sticker on the brim of the cap with the stupid size on it! MLB is sending me a prepaid UPS label to return it.

That leaves the WS DVD, Topps WS Champs Box Set, and 2 WS Champs Pennants, & 2 WS Signature Pennants still in backorder limbo.

Dick Allen
11-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I ordered only the White Sox fitted cap with the WS05 patch, size 8, from mlb.com since it is hard to find larger caps like that in stores. The cap was received in a timely manner, no problems. I'm glad I didn't place a larger order, from what I'm reading here. By the way, Sports Authority had all post-season merchandise at 30% off this past weekend.

Doobie148
11-15-2005, 01:38 PM
My Mom decided she wants a Sox sweatshirt for her birthday. After reading about all the trouble people are having with MLB, I decided to order from Grandstand. Seems like they have a decent selection.

http://www.grandstandsox.com/

JohnBasedowYoda
11-15-2005, 01:41 PM
still waiting for my al central champs shirt:mad:

MiamiSpartan
11-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Still waiting for my World Series Champs t-shirt, my large Sox 3x5 banner, & my DVD. Finally got the World Champs pennant today, which will go up on my office wall with all the others....

krohnjw
11-16-2005, 06:02 AM
I got 3/5 items finally (WS pennant, dugout fleece and WS patch) and received an email stating the items would be on backorder longer and they may cancel my order yada yada yada. I am just cancelling now and will order from somewhere else. It appears the grandstand is not taking any more online orders until december, so I may just wait until Jan and go to the Grandstand while I am in town for Soxfest.

Iguana775
11-16-2005, 09:11 AM
So far, i have gotten 2 jerseys and a baby doll tee for the wife. everything came fine. took a few weeks but everthing was good.

I just ordered some stuff for my 2 month old baby girl so hopefully it isnt messed up.

maurice
11-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Everything I ordered came in different shipments (usually boxes), but it's all fine. No horror stories, just comedy. A tiny pin was shipped DHL in its own 9" x 9" x 5" box. Another pin was shipped the same day in a small padded envelope.
:rolleyes:

I trust Grandstand still has a ton of Sox championship stuff?

Indeed.

Kroozah
11-16-2005, 07:45 PM
I had six boxes sitting at my doorstep tonight... two boxes for two pins..etc... MLB likes killing trees or has stock in a box company.

The Critic
11-16-2005, 08:31 PM

If you work downtown, check out a store called Where The Buffalo Roam on Michigan Avenue between Monroe and Madison. I got a tip ( I think it was on WSI ) and went there today. ALL Sox playoff merchandise is 50% off. I got an AL Central 3/4 sleeve shirt, a pint glass, a shot glass and a keychain for 19 bucks total after tax. Awesome deals, and they have almost everything there. Hats with the WS patch on the side, AL champs and WS champs hooded sweatshirts, coffee mugs, t-shirts, AL champs and WS champs hats....almost anything you could want.

chisox59
11-16-2005, 08:31 PM
I have my problems as well. I ordered the black WS Champions hat and received a Division Champions instead. I also ordered a roster t-shirt that looks like paint was spilled on it the printing process was so bad. I complained about both and got return labels emailed to me. I reordered the hat and the person I talked to said I could either have free shipping on it or 20% on a new order. I took the 20% and ordered a program along with the hat. It came today and was the right one. When I got the t-shirt I called and asked them if they had a quality control group (obviously not) and that I was afraid of ordering another shirt for fear it would be like the last one. His response was you should get what you see on the website. Needless to say I didn't order another one. Those of us who have moved from the Chicago area are definitely at their mercy. Someone with Brook's email needs to get the ball rolling by telling him what we've run into. Maybe he could pass the word upstairs. You'd think with the exorbitant prices that the merchandise would be pristeen and the shirts and hats of the best quality. I'm like everyone else....this will be the last time I give them my business. I only hope the DVD's aren't a botched job as well.

PKalltheway
11-16-2005, 10:05 PM
My Ozzieball t-shirt was shipped today and with all of these stories about recieveing either the wrong order or bad quality, I fear for my own.

chisoxfanatic
11-16-2005, 10:14 PM
My Ozzieball t-shirt was shipped today and with all of these stories about recieveing either the wrong order or bad quality, I fear for my own.

What does the Ozzieball shirt look like?

PKalltheway
11-16-2005, 10:36 PM
It looks like this

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2351680dt.jpg

Domeshot17
11-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Girlfriend had the same problem. She got her World Series hat at the grandstand though, but yah, its been 3 weeks, and the sox Logo above the words, GONE. Dont blame MLB.com for the crappy craftsmanship, the shipping and Charging errors let um have it, but blame the companies making all the hats and shirts, because they did a horrid job

gogochisox1917
11-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Everything we have ordered...and that is quite a bit...has been fine so far. We are still expecting quite a bit more. Actually, we ordered one of the WS shot glasses and they shipped us 2 :smile: I do have to agree though, that I would like to see them send more than one item at a time. The UPS guy can probably put his truck on autopilot to get to our house by now.

Kroozah
11-17-2005, 09:36 PM
They shipped me two each of the blanket and baseball.... only got charged for one each... I like a screw up in my favor for a change.

LongLiveFisk
11-17-2005, 09:42 PM
still waiting for my al central champs shirt:mad:

Speaking of that shirt, has anyone seen any left in stores? I'd rather not order one online if possible.

The Deacon
11-17-2005, 09:53 PM
If your ordering on MLB.com....When checking out type THANKYOU in the promotional code box. It gives you 15% off your order. There are also no taxes on mlb.com if you live in Illinois. 15% and no taxes?? AND free shipping if I spend more than $100!? At the rate I'm spending dough on all this SOX WS stuff, I needd to save $$ anyway I can. Although I love to support local business, the Grandstand is thriving, not to mention overpriced....

Go Sox!

Brian26
11-17-2005, 09:54 PM
I received the re-order of the black fleece tonight. The problem on this one is even worse. The MLB patch on the back is sewn on more crookedly. The "Sox" logo in the front has some gunky/glue on it. This is now the 4th of 5 items that has some type of problem.

ChiSoxGirl
11-17-2005, 10:21 PM
I received the re-order of the black fleece tonight. The problem on this one is even worse. The MLB patch on the back is sewn on more crookedly. The "Sox" logo in the front has some gunky/glue on it. This is now the 4th of 5 items that has some type of problem.

Once you give mlb.com the what for in regards to their numerous and inexcusable mistakes and shoddy merchandise, check out either Grandstand or Dick's Sporting Goods online. (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2142327&cp=711608.715323.1452347.1452703.709746&page=3&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family) Both stores have the bullpen fleece with the World Series Champions patch on the left sleeve, and both are selling it for $59.99.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Girlfriend had the same problem. She got her World Series hat at the grandstand though, but yah, its been 3 weeks, and the sox Logo above the words, GONE. Dont blame MLB.com for the crappy craftsmanship, the shipping and Charging errors let um have it, but blame the companies making all the hats and shirts, because they did a horrid job

Major League Baseball contracts with these suppliers - they are ultimately responsible for the poor contractors who are making these products which MLB is profiting on. Now I agree the lowly customer service rep who takes 1,000 plus calls a day regarding the shoddy merchandise shouldn't get the brunt of any complaints, yelling, etc. but in the end MLB is responsible for the product they sell on their website. Bud Selig leave the building!!!

BarbG
11-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Well, this is priceless. I just received a shipment notification email from mlb.com for the car mats I ordered on September 3rd. As I received the "If your order has not shipped within 30 days of this notice, we will be required to cancel the order." email on October 3rd, I thought this order was cancelled two weeks ago. Of course, the odds that these are the correct mats are 50/50. I ordered a Sox wreath from them last year and they sent me a Yankees wreath. ::Shudder::

OzzyTrain
11-18-2005, 04:04 PM
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2351415reg.jpg

I purchased two from mlb, there back ordered , 4 to 6 weeks.

LongLiveFisk
11-18-2005, 09:20 PM
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2351415reg.jpg

I purchased two from mlb, there back ordered , 4 to 6 weeks.

Wow, that's too bad because I am still seeing these in Target, WalMart, and even Walgreens by me had a couple.

nccwsfan
11-18-2005, 11:02 PM
No problems with the merchandise, only the backorder time (ordered 7 items- 4 have shipped and 3 are 'awaiting inventory')...

ewokpelts
11-19-2005, 12:30 PM
I started an earlier thread about ordering the championship hat from MLB.com and returning it because the White Sox logo, a small semi-circle piece of the WS05 patch, came off after only two wearings.

My big mistake, after reading this thread, was that I should have gotten MLB.com to pay for the return instead of on my nickel. They did credit my MasterCard account promptly, though.

SMO
:gulp: the problem with the ws locker room hats ar enot exclusive to mlb.com....a guy i work with had the same problem, and he bought his at sportmart.
Gene