PDA

View Full Version : KW's wife from Joliet?

32nd&Wallace
11-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Can anyone help me out with this? A friend of mine, well not really a friend more like a friend of a friend told me that KW's wife grew up next door to him in Joliet on Hickory Street. He said that she was filipino and that the parents were none too happy that she was dating Kenny. This was 20 years ago when he was still on the Sox.
The reason I ask this is because this person is known to be a big talker and gets his facts mixed up about these things. If anyone can help affirm or negate this, that would be great.

Iwritecode
11-14-2005, 12:31 PM
email Brooks.

cbrownson13
11-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Forgive me if this sounds a little "my friend's brother's girlfriend's sister..." type thing but...

I am pretty sure they live, at least, in the Joliet area. A few years ago my friend worked with a girl that went to one of the Plainfield schools, supposedly with KW's son.

Take it for what it's worth.

tebman
11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
I am pretty sure they live, at least, in the Joliet area.

Plainfield, as I recall. Steff had posted a few times in the past about being aware that KW lived in Plainfield. I remember reading that he moved to the southwest (Arizona?) within the last year.

Don't know if his wife is local, though. If she is, I hope she came from a Sox-fan family. :D:

DeadMoney
11-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Plainfield, as I recall. Steff had posted a few times in the past about being aware that KW lived in Plainfield. I remember reading that he moved to the southwest (Arizona?) within the last year.

Don't know if his wife is local, though. If she is, I hope she came from a Sox-fan family. :D:

I'm pretty sure that his kids went to one of the Plainfield high schools. So they had to be from either Joliet or Plainfield I'd assume.

Stroker Ace
11-14-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that his kids went to one of the Plainfield high schools. So they had to be from either Joliet or Plainfield I'd assume.KW and his sons used to live in Plainfield. I sat next to Kenny Jr. In my advanced bio. class my senior year at Plainfield High School. Ha was immature and hilarious in that class. The teacher got a kick out of him.They moved to Arizona last year because KW Jr. now goes to the University of Arizona.

santo=dorf
11-14-2005, 02:38 PM
I lived on Hickory St.

Chrisaway
11-14-2005, 03:08 PM
I lived on Hickory St as well.

DaleJRFan
11-14-2005, 03:32 PM
KW and his sons used to live in Plainfield. I sat next to Kenny Jr. In my advanced bio. class my senior year at Plainfield High School. Ha was immature and hilarious in that class. The teacher got a kick out of him.They moved to Arizona last year because KW Jr. now goes to the University of Arizona.

Didn't KW draft his son (or one of his sons) in the 04 draft??

Pasqua's UPS Man
11-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Borrowed a cup of Sugar and some eggs once as well....

32nd&Wallace
11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
KW and his sons used to live in Plainfield. I sat next to Kenny Jr. In my advanced bio. class my senior year at Plainfield High School. Ha was immature and hilarious in that class. The teacher got a kick out of him.They moved to Arizona last year because KW Jr. now goes to the University of Arizona.Didn't the he get busted for breaking into a car? I remember after that happened Kenny talked about moving out of the Chicago area because he was uncomfortable about the publicity that got.

steff
11-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Didn't the he get busted for breaking into a car? I remember after that happened Kenny talked about moving out of the Chicago area because he was uncomfortable about the publicity that got.

Yea, but that happened in South Carolina. They lived in P'field but moved to AZ last offseason. Ken lives in the city during the season. I have no idea about his wife though..

MarySwiss
11-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Nice story about Kenny and his family from the Arizona Republic:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/1104hsdadswilliams1104.html

robertks61
11-14-2005, 07:23 PM

Me, I grew up on Cora St., Crest Hill 1 block west of Hickory.

cbrownson13
11-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Are we doing Joliet shoutouts? I grew up (and still live when I'm not at school) off of Essington about a half-mile down from Inwood.

And since we have a few Joliet people in this thread, any favorite hangouts for you in Joliet bar-wise? I've only met on person from WSI (skobabe) and that was at a game just by chance. It'd be cool to actually run into someone at a bar or something when I'm home on break.

santo=dorf
11-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Are we doing Joliet shoutouts? I grew up (and still live when I'm not at school) off of Essington about a half-mile down from Inwood.

And since we have a few Joliet people in this thread, any favorite hangouts for you in Joliet bar-wise? I've only met on person from WSI (skobabe) and that was at a game just by chance. It'd be cool to actually run into someone at a bar or something when I'm home on break.

We tried to figure something out while the Sox were in the World Series, but nothing ever came about. I don't go out too much when I'm home, but if I do, it has usually been at Cub places like Alpha's II or O'Charley's.

whitesoxwilkes
11-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Nice story about Kenny and his family from the Arizona Republic:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/1104hsdadswilliams1104.html

...and very interesting to see that Kyle goes to Chaparall High School, which produced Arizona's HS Mr. Baseball in 1994--this guy right here:

:walnuts

TornLabrum
11-14-2005, 08:55 PM
I believe one of Kenny's sons lived on Hickory St. for awhile.

cbrownson13
11-14-2005, 09:18 PM
We tried to figure something out while the Sox were in the World Series, but nothing ever came about. I don't go out too much when I'm home, but if I do, it has usually been at Cub places like Alpha's II or O'Charley's.

Ahh, O'Charlies...one of my few hangouts when I am home. I was usually there about once/twice a week over the summer. Just because it's open later than most of the bars in Joliet and it's fun to hang out and play bags. Not much of a fan of Alpha's though.

FRANK FORT
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I've spoken to Otto, at O'Charleys, and he claims to be a Sox fan. As for Hickory St, there's great food at Andy and Sophies.

IlliniSox4Life
11-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Didn't KW draft his son (or one of his sons) in the 04 draft??

The Sox did draft him, but if I do recall, Kenny said that he wasn't going to be signing and he was going to be going to college. It doesn't really seem to make sense why he would draft his son and then make him go to college. Maybe he just wanted to let him be able to say he was drafted out of high school.

spawn
11-15-2005, 12:37 PM

I technically live in Joliet (I have a Plainfield address, and my stepson goes to a school in District 202, which is Plainfield) but we have Joliet services (water, Police, etc.). We live about 3 miles west of Rte. 59, along Caton Farm. I haven't found any hangout spots, but if anyone here knows of any, let me know!

steff
11-15-2005, 01:22 PM
I technically live in Joliet (I have a Plainfield address, and my stepson goes to a school in District 202, which is Plainfield) but we have Joliet services (water, Police, etc.). We live about 3 miles west of Rte. 59, along Caton Farm. I haven't found any hangout spots, but if anyone here knows of any, let me know!

We're over in that area also. McBrides in the stripmall on the corner of Caton Farm and County Line is a nice place to watch sports. They have several flat screens and will turn on anything you request. Nice Sox fan showing for the away game we watched there.

When we don't go there we go to Buffalo Wild Wings on 59.

cbrownson13
11-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I've spoken to Otto, at O'Charleys, and he claims to be a Sox fan. As for Hickory St, there's great food at Andy and Sophies.

Otto is quite the character. I always thought he was a Cubs fan. Last summer he had some new boxes for bags that had Cubs logos on them (looked really nice even though they were Cubs) that he treated like his own child. I know Chris, one of the security (if you can call him that) guys is a huge Cubs fan. Nevertheless, there always seems to be a good amount of Sox fans.

As for Plainfield, I have only been to a couple places. I've been to Capers a couple of times. It's ok, I'm not sure I'd want to watch a game there. I've been to Uptown, only because one our friends used to work there and she wanted us to come keep her company. And I've been to the Buffalo Wild Wings, which I love.

Settembrini
11-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Kenny, his wife, younger son(s?), and black lab lived in my building until a few months ago (one of the new condos across from Soldier Field on Prairie). I can verify that his wife is Filipino, or something similar. The little girl who lives next to me and who walked the Williams' dog on occasion said they moved to a place with a yard because the son hated walking the dog. I'd give him the thumbs up when I saw his Hummer with the "KW" plates. My buddy and I always joked about writing down trade suggestions and sliding them under his door (he lived one floor above me). "Dear Kenny, my friend and I think you should try to trade Ross Gload and Timo Perez for Ken Griffey Jr."

spawn
11-15-2005, 05:28 PM
We're over in that area also. McBrides in the stripmall on the corner of Caton Farm and County Line is a nice place to watch sports. They have several flat screens and will turn on anything you request. Nice Sox fan showing for the away game we watched there.

When we don't go there we go to Buffalo Wild Wings on 59.
I know that stripmall well. We used to eat at Westfield quite frequently. We live in the Clublands subdivison, which is just west of there. McBrides is the sports bar, right? Didn't it used to be called something else?

And the wife and I want to check out that Buffalo Wild Wings...we just haven't had a chance yet!

steff
11-15-2005, 05:44 PM
I know that stripmall well. We used to eat at Westfield quite frequently. We live in the Clublands subdivison, which is just west of there. McBrides is the sports bar, right? Didn't it used to be called something else?

And the wife and I want to check out that Buffalo Wild Wings...we just haven't had a chance yet!

Yea.. it was the Cantina previously.

We live minutes from you.. small world. We should meet up there some time. It's a great place to people watch.. LOL

AZSoxFAN
11-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Talk about a coincidence..... Kenny's son goes to the same high school Kernerko comes from....hmmm. That's pretty Twilight Zone, isn't it?

spawn
11-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Yea.. it was the Cantina previously.

We live minutes from you.. small world. We should meet up there some time. It's a great place to people watch.. LOL

Sounds good to me. How about when the Bears make the playoffs, we all meet there to watch the game?

Domeshot17
11-15-2005, 07:59 PM
while we are at the Joliet Shout Outs, I lived 10 years of life in Joliet, On Jonathan Simpson Drive, right off Theodre, Played Hockey at Inwood and Baseball for Whiteford lol. 2 Best things I remember from the Area were Sunny's Ice Cream and The Huge Bike trail in the fores preserve, I must have got grounded 10 times for riding around there, Parents thought it was to far for me n my friends to go ride by ourselves.

Anyones kids goto St. Mary Immaculate? If so, I was just curious is Dr. Waldorf was still the principal, he was a great guy helped me out a lot when I missed a ton of school for a leg surgery as a younger kid.

Stroker Ace
11-15-2005, 08:55 PM

When we don't go there we go to Buffalo Wild Wings on 59.BWW is where I go to see some games when I'm home over the summer.

StrTrkker
11-17-2005, 06:25 PM

I still live in Joliet south of Black Rd near Essington Rd. I grew up in the Forest Park area (The Hill) and also lived in Rockdale and my Mom still lives near Cass and Collins.

I dont frequent sports bars as a rule to watch the Sox since I have a 56" HDTV that I see the Sox on, but have been to Jamesons on Black Rd before. Hopefully, next season there will be more bars in the Joliet area that will show Sox Pride.

cbrownson13
11-17-2005, 06:33 PM
I still live in Joliet south of Black Rd near Essington Rd. I grew up in the Forest Park area (The Hill) and also lived in Rockdale and my Mom still lives near Cass and Collins.

I dont frequent sports bars as a rule to watch the Sox since I have a 56" HDTV that I see the Sox on, but have been to Jamesons on Black Rd before. Hopefully, next season there will be more bars in the Joliet area that will show Sox Pride.

Yeah, I generally don't go to bars for Sox games either. I'd rather not waste time waiting in lines for beer and bathrooms.

Sounds like you live right near my house. I live in the Burr Oaks subdivision off of Essington, in between Glenwood and Black. I have been to Jameson's a few times. I liked it more when it was Glory Days.

John Barrett
11-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I generally don't go to bars for Sox games either. I'd rather not waste time waiting in lines for beer and bathrooms.

Sounds like you live right near my house. I live in the Burr Oaks subdivision off of Essington, in between Glenwood and Black. I have been to Jameson's a few times. I liked it more when it was Glory Days.

Espcially with that big sign home of the cubs and in little print 'and the whitesox too" every time I go there i complain to the MGR

cbrownson13
11-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Espcially with that big sign home of the cubs and in little print 'and the whitesox too" every time I go there i complain to the MGR

Yeah...what a load of crap that is.:rolleyes: I actually just find that comical.