PDA

View Full Version : Brewer Fans Take on Sox Pitching

Brian26
11-13-2005, 03:26 PM
I find it interesting to see what other teams' fans think of our starting pitching. This is a really interesting look at who they think they can acquire and what it would take.

http://p092.ezboard.com/fbrewersfandemoniumfrm6.showMessage?topicID=1360.t opic

Chisox003
11-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Doug Melvin could probably swing a deal to get Garcia and Brian Anderson. What the Brewers would have to give up in a proposal like this would be Overbay and Del La Rosa.
:o:

Pass........

LongLiveFisk
11-13-2005, 03:54 PM

Pass........

Exactly. No offense, Milwaukee, but we're not looking to take over your depths of suckitude.

likeawarlord
11-13-2005, 04:24 PM

Pass........

what are you talking about? if the sox make that trade and they plug overbay into the 3 slot in the rotation, playing 1st base on his off days, they've got a recipe for back-to-back championships!

buehrle4cy05
11-13-2005, 05:24 PM
There are some pretty knowledgeable fans on that site.

To me Buerhle is on the same career path as Mike Mussina. Both came up and started pitching like All Star veterans right away. Like Mussina he may never win a Cy Young, might he might finish top 10 in voting 10 years in a row. A lefty of this caliber will be pitching in the majors into his early 40's, arm willing.

Well said, IMO.

JUribe1989
11-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Brewers fans rule:bandance:
They are very knowledgeable and they are gonna be in the race next year with Fielder, Lee, Jenkins in that lineup.

Tragg
11-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Brewer fans discussing which of Buehrle, Contreras, Garland or Garcia they would like in return for Lyle Overbay suggests that either a) they don't think much of Sox pitching or b) they are about the most un-knowledgeable fans around.

MarySwiss
11-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Brewer fans discussing which of Buehrle, Contreras, Garland or Garcia they would like in return for Lyle Overbay suggests that they don't think much of Sox pitching.
Or they have a highly exaggerated idea of Overbay's worth. Don't get me wrong; I wish the Brewers well. But c'mon! Trade one of our horsemen for Overbay?
Pass.

nodiggity59
11-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Brewer fans discussing which of Buehrle, Contreras, Garland or Garcia they would like in return for Lyle Overbay suggests that either a) they don't think much of Sox pitching or b) they are about the most un-knowledgeable fans around.

Same difference, right? :D:

bobowhite
11-13-2005, 07:05 PM
I guess it is not widely known that Garcia is married to Ozzie's niece.

The Sox would trade Iguchi and Dye before they would trade Garcia. In other words, NBL.

antitwins13
11-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Brewers fans rule:bandance:
They are very knowledgeable and they are gonna be in the race next year with Fielder, Lee, Jenkins in that lineup.

I don't forsee the Cardinals going anyware.

itsnotrequired
11-13-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't forsee the Cardinals going anyware.

:?:

Anywho, I've always found Brewer fans to be fairly knowledgeable, on the whole. Seems that way with most of the "underdog" teams.

Banix12
11-13-2005, 11:50 PM
They are just overvaluing Lyle Overbay, though frankly KW is probably partially to be blamed for that. When the brewers got Carlos Lee last year in exchange for two players they didn't really need to keep it set a level of value a bit high.

Like how a lot of people here overvalue the trade value of Aaron Rowand, a lot of them overvalue Overbay. Both good players but I'd be shocked if the teams got anywhere near the level of player in return that the fans are speculating.