PDA

View Full Version : biggest fears or concerns for the 2006 season

richb2
11-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I have to say before I get to my fears lol I think this team can win it again next year but it wll not be easy. My number one fear is the health of the starting staff and relief squad. This team can't afford to have more than one of the big horses to go down. To me this a team not driven by star power but by chemistry in the club house, which is almost a trickier thing to predict from season to season. I also agree that we should not over pay paul konerko but I worry what it will do to that chemistry if he is not back-there will be a void in that team that will be hard to replace. If paulie leaves I worry what kind of mesage that will be to the rest of the team. The last concern is this bench-they were great in the world series but I would like to see it upgraded but this is the least of my concerns. What are your concerns if any?

caulfield12
11-12-2005, 10:45 PM
I have to say before I get to my fears lol I think this team can win it again next year but it wll not be easy. My number one fear is the health of the starting staff and relief squad. This team can't afford to have more than one of the big horses to go down. To me this a team not driven by star power but by chemistry in the club house, which is almost a trickier thing to predict from season to season. I also agree that we should not over pay paul konerko but I worry what it will do to that chemistry if he is not back-there will be a void in that team that will be hard to replace. If paulie leaves I worry what kind of mesage that will be to the rest of the team. The last concern is this bench-they were great in the world series but I would like to see it upgraded but this is the least of my concerns. What are your concerns if any?

1) Starting pitcher injury...Cotts has to go to the rotation, or gasp, we have to start Sean Tracey or Gil Heredia

2) Arnie Munoz gets another start

3) We roll the dice with Thomas at DH and he goes down quickly

4) Crede, Uribe and Rowand fail to pick up their offense

5) AJ Pierzynski gets injured and we have to play Widger everyday

6) Jenks goes Rick Ankiel and last season was a mirage or one hit wonder

7) Dye gets injured again and Borchard-Anderson end up as the RF platoon

8) Iguchi and Harris are injured and DAngelo Jimenez comes back

9) White Sox sign Julio Ramirez and Sosa to minor league contracts

10) Brad Fuller becomes the full-time DH

SoxSpeed22
11-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Can we please hold this topic until March?

WLL1855
11-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Can we please hold this topic until March?

Amen. Way too many unknowns at this point. This is a spring training question.

chisoxfanatic
11-12-2005, 11:50 PM
What are your concerns if any?

Enjoy this offseason being World Champions, Sox fans! We've earned this, and nobody can take this away from us!

I have no concerns. :gulp:

RadioheadRocks
11-13-2005, 01:18 AM
I fear nothing! As I've said before, I've finally lived to see a White Sox World Championship and am still savoring it for all it's worth; everything from here on out is gravy (but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing us win More!!!).

gforce
11-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Well gee, all teams face something like this. Often it's who is the healthiest down the stretch that makes the difference.

PAPChiSox729
11-13-2005, 06:50 PM

Hawk continues to battle more eye problems and retires. DJ then takes over as PBP and we get to hear uh-oh's all season long...

:(:

MarySwiss
11-13-2005, 06:50 PM
1) Starting pitcher injury...Cotts has to go to the rotation, or gasp, we have to start Sean Tracey or Gil Heredia

2) Arnie Munoz gets another start

3) We roll the dice with Thomas at DH and he goes down quickly

4) Crede, Uribe and Rowand fail to pick up their offense

5) AJ Pierzynski gets injured and we have to play Widger everyday

6) Jenks goes Rick Ankiel and last season was a mirage or one hit wonder

7) Dye gets injured again and Borchard-Anderson end up as the RF platoon

8) Iguchi and Harris are injured and DAngelo Jimenez comes back

9) White Sox sign Julio Ramirez and Sosa to minor league contracts

10) Brad Fuller becomes the full-time DH

Unless all of this was meant to be in teal, go away.

The Racehorse
11-13-2005, 07:12 PM
The only concern I have is which Sox-related attire I'm gonna wear tomorrow.

jabrch
11-13-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm not even going to sully the This Thread Sucks guy. This thread aspires to someday suck.

I have no BIG FEARS OR CONCERNS for the team that just destroyed all its competition en route to a 110 win season including 11 of 12 in the post season, and 16 of its final 17 games.

Does that mean it is a lock to win it all again? Of course not. But anyone who has "big fears and concerns" with this team is a complete dope. The Royals should have big fears and concerns. The Pirates should have big fears and concerns. The Dodgers should have...blah blah blah...

The White Sox should have nothing but high expectations.

At this point in time, the Dark Clouds are only making bigger idiots out themselves with nonsense like this.

Baby Fisk
11-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I fear a Burger King endorsement deal. That mascot is freakin scary.

TheOldRoman
11-13-2005, 07:21 PM
He didn't mean it in teal. I have figured out that he is the lovechild of Hangar and Lip.

SoxFan76
11-13-2005, 08:03 PM

Unfortunately, I think he was serious. :rolleyes:

And oh yeah, I agree. He should go away.

LongLiveFisk
11-13-2005, 08:05 PM

:moron
"Hey give me a break. I have to do something in my spare time to make a little extra money!"

Chisox003
11-13-2005, 08:06 PM
What are my biggest fears? That Sox fans worry too much about next year and don't enjoy this NOW!

Take a look at this (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ps/y2005/wrap.jsp?ymd=20051026&content_id=1260299&vkey=ps2005wrapup&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb), and tell me if you fear anything for NEXT year.

I don't.

Optipessimism
11-13-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm worried most about not going deep into the playoffs. I really could care less what the team looks like as long as it gets us where we want to go.

The one thing that worries me most overall, and not just regarding the 2006 season, is that now that we've reached the pinnacle we will start to slide downhill. One WS isn't enough. I want more. I just hope it won't be another 80+ years before it happens again.

soxfanatlanta
11-13-2005, 08:42 PM
This thread is a strange kind of denial, no? They just won the flippin' series y'all!* Hunter Thompson is dead, what is with all of the paranoia? Relax, let the shock of the championship fade into a nice fuzzy feeling, like a good shot of Tequila with a sangria chaser.

My only worry at this point is that I will not get down to Tampa, or Chi-town next year to see them play in person.

This one is on me.

:gulp:

*y'all: gender neutral version of "all of you" or "you guys", the only decent word to come from dixie.

Goodman6
11-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Don't worry about anything right now. Just enjoy the next several months as World Series Champions. I am sure Kenny and Ozzie have a plan for 2006.
Maybe the team will be even better in 2006.

Fuller_Schettman
11-13-2005, 09:11 PM

Bite your tongue! He may well be our DH next season. THEN who will be scared! hehehehehehe

VA_GoGoSox
11-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Bobby Jenks throws a 100mph heater to Torii Hunter which is popped up to short center field. The lights of Sox park reflect too brightly off of Aaron's WORLD SERIES RING, and he drops the ball...

Then the Sox clinch it on a walk-off by Joe Crede the next inning.

Seriously, an extended injury to AJ would be tough for this team.

TomBradley72
11-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Getting good seats for Opening Day. "Double Play" package does not include Opening Day....but I bet we have the largest attendance for a 2nd game of the season in a LONG time. :cool:

HebrewHammer
11-13-2005, 09:37 PM
None, we are in our 3 year grace period after a championship. Whatever happens, happens. We're the freakin' champs.

Flight #24
11-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Huge, gigantic concern for 2006.

Is the LF churro stand prepared for the dramatic increase in attendance or will they be selling out early?
I need my 8th inning fix!!!

Someone please please please tell me it'll be OK..........:(:

Ekwall
11-13-2005, 10:01 PM
That all the yuppies who go to Cubs games will hop on the bandwagon and make it impossible to get tickets.

3 Sox On
11-14-2005, 12:19 AM
My biggest fear is not getting to the GAMES!!!! I need my Major League baseball since it is only on the South Side.

antitwins13
11-14-2005, 12:28 AM
No worries mon! My only concern is what flava of churro to get cherry, chocolate, or my personal favorite Bavarian cream. http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Gbp2AV1o9hYJ:www.tafaristudiohome.cwc .net/Bob%2520Marley.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.tafaristudiohome.cwc.net/Bob%2520Marley.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tafaristudiohome.cwc.net/photos.htm&h=1508&w=1126&sz=141&tbnid=Gbp2AV1o9hYJ:&tbnh=150&tbnw=112&hl=en&start=14&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBob%2BMarley%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%2 6lr%3D)