PDA

View Full Version : kenji jojima to the mariners

getonbckthr
11-12-2005, 05:42 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/248111_mari12.html

ilsox7
11-12-2005, 05:44 PM
It's not a done deal yet. Looks likely, but he is not a Mariner.

KRS1
11-12-2005, 08:32 PM
It's def. not done yet b/c his agent came out today saying something along the lines of, "everyone want's to say we got married when we r simply dating, we r not even close to a deal yet."

Banix12
11-12-2005, 10:15 PM
It's def. not done yet b/c his agent came out today saying something along the lines of, "everyone want's to say we got married when we r simply dating, we r not even close to a deal yet."

I believe that is agent speak for "press conference on monday"

DSpivack
11-13-2005, 02:30 AM
His old team, the Fukuoka Hawks, have upped their offer to $10M/yr, and he still will likely come here. Wow.

KRS1
11-13-2005, 12:20 PM
I found this quote from rotoworld rather strange.After concluding his visit with the Mariners, Kenji Jojima will leave Monday for Chicago, where he will hold a news conference on Tuesday.
Jojima had dinner with Mariners chairman Howard Lincoln and team president Chuck Armstrong on Friday and met with GM Bill Bavasi yesterday. It's expected that he'll visit the Mets in New York and San Diego before deciding on a team. A return to Japan and the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks remains a possibility. Nov. 13 - 3:45 am et

Why would he hold his p.c. in Chicago? Maybe he wanted to kick it w/ Gooch.

antitwins13
11-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Uh-oh watch out Angels.

ChiSoxRowand
11-14-2005, 12:18 AM
I found this quote from rotoworld rather strange.After concluding his visit with the Mariners, Kenji Jojima will leave Monday for Chicago, where he will hold a news conference on Tuesday.
Jojima had dinner with Mariners chairman Howard Lincoln and team president Chuck Armstrong on Friday and met with GM Bill Bavasi yesterday. It's expected that he'll visit the Mets in New York and San Diego before deciding on a team. A return to Japan and the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks remains a possibility. Nov. 13 - 3:45 am et

Why would he hold his p.c. in Chicago? Maybe he wanted to kick it w/ Gooch.

I think his agent might be based in Chicago.

skobabe8
11-14-2005, 01:09 AM
I think his agent might be based in Chicago.

Yep.

peeonwrigley
11-14-2005, 02:21 AM
Either way that seems kind of odd. Shouldn't the agent try to get as much pub for this signing as possible - thus have the presser in Seattle where the guy will play?

Oh wait, that's right, the World Champions play in Chicago. Center of the Baseball Universe and loving it :D:

Banix12
11-14-2005, 02:34 AM
Either way that seems kind of odd. Shouldn't the agent try to get as much pub for this signing as possible - thus have the presser in Seattle where the guy will play?

Oh wait, that's right, the World Champions play in Chicago. Center of the Baseball Universe and loving it :D:

My guess is it's probably just easier for everybody to have the conference in Chicago, his agent is here, it's a centralized location for american press to get to and it has an international airport for the japanese press. I would also guess that since his agent is here he is using Chicago as his base of operations while he is in America. I wouldn't be suprised if he is living here in between meetings with teams.