PDA

View Full Version : 40 homer seasons

Chips
11-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a list of every player who has hit 40 homers in a season?

I've tried baseballreference.com and baseball-almanac.com already.

Gosox1917
11-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a list of every player who has hit 40 homers in a season?

I've tried baseballreference.com and baseball-almanac.com already.

Here ya go: http://www.people.vcu.edu/~jyucha/HomeRun/40plus.html :cool:

SouthSoxFan
11-13-2005, 06:57 PM
And here's how that looks over time...
http://www.geocities.com/southwhitesoxfan/40hr.jpg

SouthSide_HitMen
11-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Just goes to show how hard it was to hit home runs at Comiskey Park as the three White Sox players on this list (Thomas, Konerko and Belle) did so after the move.

The best totals for players who called Comiskey Park their home were Dick Allen (37 in 1972 and 32 in 1974), Carlton Fisk (37 in 1985), Ron Kittle (35 in 1983 and 32 in 1984), Bill Melton (33 in 1970 & 1971), Greg Luzinski (32 in 1983) and South Side Hitmen leaders Oscar Gamble (31) and Richie Zisk (30). The 1977 squad had the most home runs for a Comiskey Park team (192).

Happy Felsch (14) and Joe Jackson (12) were the first White Sox to hit 10 or more in 1920. Joe Kuhel (27) was the first White Sox to break the 20 HR mark in 1940 which wasn't matched for another 10 years (Gus Zernial 29 in 1950).

The first White Sox team to hit more than 40 Home Runs (45) was the 1922 squad. The 1955 team was the first to hit over 100 HRs (116).

Pitching and Defense - The White Sox way since 1901.

gobears1987
11-13-2005, 09:27 PM
http://www.geocities.com/southwhitesoxfan/40hr.jpg
Proves Mr. Canseco is right

chaerulez
11-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Proves Mr. Canseco is right

Yeah no kidding, not only that the graphs shows that anywhere from 5 to 10 of those 40+ HR hitters in the mid 90's to present times each year were probably juiced. We know of McGwire, Bonds, and Giambi. It's obvious Sosa was another one. Wonder if anymore big names will ever come out.

antitwins13
11-13-2005, 10:23 PM
Yeah no kidding, not only that the graphs shows that anywhere from 5 to 10 of those 40+ HR hitters in the mid 90's to present times each year were probably juiced. We know of McGwire, Bonds, and Giambi. It's obvious Sosa was another one. Wonder if anymore big names will ever come out.

Well, we know of Giambi, but the others have never been proven to have take anything. On Best Damn Sports Show they said they tested Bonds multiple times over the summer before he came back for steroids and HGH, he passed all tests. He then proceded to come back and hit home runs. I'm not convinced Barry took oral steroids. He may have used the Balco creams, but that doesn't prove anything. I am not a Barry supporter especially after he criticized Kittle, but I'm not going to say he defenatly took them until he tests positive.

jshanahanjr
11-15-2005, 03:55 PM
McGwire hit 49 in 1987 as a juice free rookie. They all became steriod freaks in the 90's, but Mac was a natural born homerun hitter. Too bad he took the junk because he didn't need it.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-15-2005, 05:12 PM
McGwire hit 49 in 1987 as a juice free rookie. They all became steriod freaks in the 90's, but Mac was a natural born homerun hitter. Too bad he took the junk because he didn't need it.

McGwire and Canseco were on the juice in the 1980s. LaRussa's BALCO squad still lost 2 of 3 World Series despite being heavy favorites in all three.

Bonds, Sosa, McGwire and Palmeiro. Disgrace, disgrace, disgrace and disgrace.

Ol' No. 2
11-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Well, we know of Giambi, but the others have never been proven to have take anything. On Best Damn Sports Show they said they tested Bonds multiple times over the summer before he came back for steroids and HGH, he passed all tests. He then proceded to come back and hit home runs. I'm not convinced Barry took oral steroids. He may have used the Balco creams, but that doesn't prove anything. I am not a Barry supporter especially after he criticized Kittle, but I'm not going to say he defenatly took them until he tests positive.Bonds admitted to taking the "clear" and the "cream". He just claimed the thought they were flaxseed oil.:rolleyes:

Chips
11-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Well, we know of Giambi, but the others have never been proven to have take anything. On Best Damn Sports Show they said they tested Bonds multiple times over the summer before he came back for steroids and HGH, he passed all tests. He then proceded to come back and hit home runs. I'm not convinced Barry took oral steroids. He may have used the Balco creams, but that doesn't prove anything. I am not a Barry supporter especially after he criticized Kittle, but I'm not going to say he defenatly took them until he tests positive.

Bonds took steriods, he said he didn't know they were steroids. It was information that was leaked from grand jury testimony.

Barry Bonds is a cheater
Jason Giambi is a cheater
Mark McGwire is a cheater
Rafael Palmerio is a cheater
Sammy Sosa is most definetly a cheater

They all go to hell.

Ol' No. 2
11-15-2005, 05:41 PM
http://www.geocities.com/southwhitesoxfan/40hr.jpgI never realized there were so many small ballparks built all at once in 1996.