PDA

View Full Version : Sent to Brooks re World Series Trophy - Thoughts?

MadetoOrta
11-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Brooks,

Last year, Boston essentially took the World Series trophy on a tour of New England in order for the fans to get a chance to see it up close. Do the White Sox have any such plans? Naperville? Schaumburg? Orland Park? Valparaiso/Merrilville? Beverly? Rockford? Peoria? all would make popular destinations. I think if you started the tour after single game tickets go on sale, it would stimulate more sales. 3,000,000+ is a real possibility!

Just wondering.

Dolanski
11-12-2005, 11:20 AM
I read in an article about the city hall ceremony that they have plans to do so, but nothing is confirmed yet. Still, wish I would have gotten Soxfest tickets so I could take the customary obnoxious picture with the trophy.

I do hope the White Sox do something the Red Sox did last year. I was at a game at Fenway and they had guys all over the park with replicas of the championship ring. They let the fans try them on and take pictures. Very cool.

Lip Man 1
11-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Brooks was on Chicago Tribune Live earlier this week with the trophy and said they were considering something like what Boston did in the Chicago area.

Lip

Chips
11-12-2005, 02:18 PM
I hope the trophy is at SoxFest. I think I heard that it would be although I am not sure.

AZSoxFAN
11-14-2005, 01:32 PM
The DBacks sent the trophy out all over the state of Arizona. It was EVERYWHERE during the 2001 - 2002 championship season. It only went permanently to the BOB when the next Series champion was crowned. Jerry Collangelo knew how to make the fans happy - We'll see about he other Jerry.

DenverSock
11-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Brooks was on Chicago Tribune Live earlier this week with the trophy and said they were considering something like what Boston did in the Chicago area.

Lip

Why not around Denver?:roflmao::rolling::redneck

infohawk
11-14-2005, 04:10 PM
They definitely should give people the opportunity to view the trophy. I wonder if they will display it at the Cell next season in a protected case?

I do have to say that I was fortunate to see the trophy live when Ozzie and JR were here in Springfield. I often work over at the capitol building, and was there to witness Ozzie and JR addressing the General Assembly. Shortly after they concluded their remarks and visited with legislators, I was hanging out in a side chamber when the doors opened and the "procession" with Ozzie and JR walked right passed me. The trophy came withing 2-3 feet of me as I stared with amazement at how cool it was to actually see it up close. I was so close that I could have reached out and touched it.