PDA

View Full Version : Who's on first

Domeshot17
11-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Just as Kenny has to do, Sox fans have to semi prepare for what life might be like without Paulie, I have heard so many bogus trade rumors I decided try something different. Just a little vote to see if Paulie does infact leave, who you guys feel should be the new white sox 1b this upcoming season. This should just be opinionated, not so much worried about what we have to give or salary but it can be taken into consideration, just, if any of the mentioned could happen, they would be your guy. Feel free to vote and explain why.

****Note: Sorry, I cant figure out how to edit the poll, Dye should say we could live without his defensive ability, not his bat****

antitwins13
11-12-2005, 06:50 PM
I said Overbay. I think this guy has only scratched the surface of his potential, and the price is right.

Chisox003
11-12-2005, 06:58 PM
I said Overbay. I think this guy has only scratched the surface of his potential, and the price is right.
Overbay is going to be 29 in a month.

He's not exactly a young player, and I highly doubt he could replace PK.

As a DH batting in front of Paulie possibly, but he's definitely not a guy I want being our main power threat.....

Absolutely not :o:

Palehose13
11-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Helton or Delgado. I would consider Overbay if we get an absolute STUD for DH (if Frank doesn't come back) and I don't see that happening.

DaleJRFan
11-13-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm with the "Gload deserves a shot" camp, but if my choices are Delgado, Helton, etc... I'll take my chances with Todd Helton, thank you.

MUsoxfan
11-14-2005, 12:33 AM
I vote none of the above. I will wait until Paulie signs with someone else (which I doubt very much that he will) before I start rattling off name after name of possible replacements. Everyone loves to put the cart in front of the horse around here

Banix12
11-14-2005, 01:24 AM
I think Delgado comes with his share of baggage. I don't know if he is still making his political protest by not standing for "God Bless America", but if he is I'm not sure how that would fly with Ozzie. One of his rules is you have to be out there standing for the national anthem, though I'm not sure if he makes that apply to the other song as well.

Helton would probably be my ideal but I'm figuring Dye would be the most likely.

nccwsfan
11-14-2005, 07:11 AM
I vote none of the above. I will wait until Paulie signs with someone else (which I doubt very much that he will) before I start rattling off name after name of possible replacements.

Agreed. My vote is for Paul Konerko to be the 1B unless he signs with another team- speculation can begin if that happense.

Ol' No. 2
11-14-2005, 10:01 AM
It's a close call between Helton and Delgado, but I don't think there's any chance the Rox will eat enough of Helton's ridiculous contract to make it viable, so that leaves Delgado.