PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Sound Bytes?

ChiSoxIn06
11-11-2005, 05:18 PM
i was looking for some downloadable audio of some of the hawks catch phrases...anyone know where i could retain these from? Thanks in advance..go sox.

Chips
11-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Look in Santo=dorf's signature.

You can also read the worst thread ever.

santo=dorf
11-11-2005, 09:04 PM
wow, that didn't take long. :D:

SoxFan76
11-11-2005, 09:43 PM
wow, that didn't take long. :D:

If you're taking suggestions, may I, um, suggest, Farmer's call of PK's grand slam? That had to be Farmer's best call ever.

santo=dorf
11-11-2005, 09:52 PM
If you're taking suggestions, may I, um, suggest, Farmer's call of PK's grand slam? That had to be Farmer's best call ever.

Sure (https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/baseballclips/paulie%27s%20grand%20slam.mp3) :cool:

chisox
11-11-2005, 09:52 PM
dude, pk's slam? not a chance. the best was farmer's call of uribe's double play.

Gosox1917
11-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi Santo=dorf...got a request for you. Hawk's call on Joe Crede's game winning homer against the Indians back on September 20th...10th inning...first batter. That would be sweetness to hear again and I among others would appreciate it. Thanks! P.S. Hawk's call on the Division Clincher would be really awesome too...I love the Pennant and World Series winning calls you have on there already. :cool:

IggyD
11-11-2005, 11:29 PM
As long as everyone is requesting...I wonder if you have Ozzie saying....Fun is winning, winning is fun?? (FUNG)

CubsfansareDRUNK
11-11-2005, 11:38 PM
theres a monster thread somewhere in the clubhouse or the parking lot about all the hawk calls because some dude was gunna make a hawk sound board. never happened.

Gosox1917
11-11-2005, 11:52 PM
theres a monster thread somewhere in the clubhouse or the parking lot about all the hawk calls because some dude was gunna make a hawk sound board. never happened.

Yea, I saw that...too bad it never got off the ground. He did tease us with a few calls like Hawk's call on A. J.'s walk-off against the Dodgers and some clips of Hawk throwing a tantrum when Buehrle was thrown out of that game against the Orioles this year. If you search "Hawk Soundboard" or something like that I think you can find those somewhere in that thread.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-12-2005, 02:15 AM
Sure (https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/bschalle/www/baseballclips/paulie%27s%20grand%20slam.mp3) :cool:

Is there a good site to go to to learn how to save stuff to mp3 or to find software to purchase for this task? I have a new Dell with a Dell Soundcard (not a soundblast soundcard - I would rather not open the PC and change stuff but instead buy the software and be set if possible). I have a CD Burner so that is covered but would like to tape live streams of jazz music and other things played over the internet in a digital mp3 format (or save onto the PC and then convert to mp3 which I understand takes up a lot less space on a hard drive or cd). I am a computer novice but if you (or someone else) can point me in the right direction (links / stores) so I can purchase the best software for the basic stuff I want to do I would appreciate it. Santo = Dorf - You seem to know a bunch about saving stuff and making mp3's and thanks for providing all those great sound clips so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I found some stuff online but the demos didn't seem to work (or I wasn't able to get them to work properly).

Also, on MLB.com they have some great CDs for sale of old White Sox (and other games).

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/shop/mlb_shop_bb_cassettes.jsp

They are offered on CD and cassette (sorry folks - no 8 track tapes or vinyl). I am asking for the last game at Comiskey which I went to for Christmas along with some other games of note (Wilson Alverez No Hitter, Seaver's 300th, Four ALCS Games in 1983, 1983 Division clincher, Some South Side Hitmen games (and 1978), some great 1960s games, the 1959 World Series and an old 1936 broadcast - the second oldest one available).

https://secure.chicagoproducers.net/grandstandsox_com/store/images/wsx_xn100.jpg

Ho Ho Ho
Merry White Sox
Christmas!!!

santo=dorf
11-12-2005, 02:29 AM
Hi Santo=dorf...got a request for you. Hawk's call on Joe Crede's game winning homer against the Indians back on September 20th...10th inning...first batter. That would be sweetness to hear again and I among others would appreciate it. Thanks! P.S. Hawk's call on the Division Clincher would be really awesome too...I love the Pennant and World Series winning calls you have on there already. :cool:

They're both on there now.

santo=dorf
11-12-2005, 02:31 AM
Is there a good site to go to to learn how to save stuff to mp3 or to find software to purchase for this task? I have a new Dell with a Dell Soundcard (not a soundblast soundcard - I would rather not open the PC and change stuff but instead buy the software and be set if possible). I have a CD Burner so that is covered but would like to tape live streams of jazz music and other things played over the internet in a digital mp3 format (or save onto the PC and then convert to mp3 which I understand takes up a lot less space on a hard drive or cd). I am a computer novice but if you (or someone else) can point me in the right direction (links / stores) so I can purchase the best software for the basic stuff I want to do I would appreciate it. Santo = Dorf - You seem to know a bunch about saving stuff and making mp3's and thanks for providing all those great sound clips so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I found some stuff online but the demos didn't seem to work (or I wasn't able to get them to work properly).

I use the Creative Zen Mediasource software that came with my mp3 player. It lets me record wav or mp3 files, so I just play a clip from the mlb.com archive and record it.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-12-2005, 02:58 AM
I use the Creative Zen Mediasource software that came with my mp3 player. It lets me record wav or mp3 files, so I just play a clip from the mlb.com archive and record it.

Great - I will call Creative Labs and or Dell next week. I don't think I'll need an MP3 player but they sell external stuff and hopefully I'll be able to install it and get it to work. I looked through the specs (for the software) and it will do everything I need and more if I can get it installed and working in order - easier said than done.

Thanks again!!!

ChiSoxIn06
11-12-2005, 07:59 AM
thanks guys i appreciate the help

Gosox1917
11-12-2005, 11:26 AM
They're both on there now.

THANKS!!! You've made me a happy man this morning. Go Sox!:D:

ChiSoxIn06
11-12-2005, 05:44 PM
ok i got a request...any chance you have the ron santo call of when brant brown dropped the fly ball a few years back? that would be priceless

TheDarkGundam
11-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Santo=dorf,
since you are apparently taking requests, would it be possible to get
"sit back, relax, and strap it down" (not that "strap it on" thing, i mean the regular Hawk intro)? I'm putting together a Sox cd, and each song is separated by a Hawk or Rooney sound byte. I think that would be perfect to start the CD.

SOX LA Mikey
11-12-2005, 11:19 PM
I have in my possesion, a most awesome piece of Sox Memorabilia.

it's a Blue Vinyl 33rpm record from Sox Fan Appreciation day 9/29/76
I haven't heard it played since I had a turntable some 20 years ago
but I wish I could hear it again, digitally if at all possible.
Is anyone able to put these tracks on mp3 or burn it to a CD?
I don't have any equipment to pull this off.

it features:
Nancy Faust -I'm Just Wild about Harry
Harry Caray - Take Me Out to the Ballgame (solo)
Harry and Friends - (same song?)
Henry Mazur conducts the world's largest kazoo band 8/19/76

I'm willing to send it to whomever can pull this off, provided they send it back...

santo=dorf
11-13-2005, 01:20 AM
Santo=dorf,
since you are apparently taking requests, would it be possible to get
"sit back, relax, and strap it down" (not that "strap it on" thing, i mean the regular Hawk intro)? I'm putting together a Sox cd, and each song is separated by a Hawk or Rooney sound byte. I think that would be perfect to start the CD.

apparently the MLB.tv password I use has expired. :(: