PDA

View Full Version : Start checking your cereal aisle...

ChiWhiteSox1337
11-11-2005, 06:00 PM
I found the Mark Buehrle Wheaties box today at a SuperCenter Wal-Mart in Rockford, Illinois. The back of the box has a few paragraphs about this year's White Sox team. It's really nice.

MarySwiss
11-11-2005, 06:13 PM
I found the Mark Buehrle Wheaties box today at a SuperCenter Wal-Mart in Rockford, Illinois. The back of the box has a few paragraphs about this year's White Sox team. It's really nice.
CRAP! I checked my ceral aisle at Albertson's today and all they had was Albert Pujols. I'll give the local supermarkets a week or so, then I start bitching!

ChiSoxIn06
11-11-2005, 06:19 PM
kick ass...should be at jewel within the next few days then

michned
11-11-2005, 06:21 PM
CRAP! I checked my ceral aisle at Albertson's today and all they had was Albert Pujols. I'll give the local supermarkets a week or so, then I start bitching!

I finally got my 8-year-old off of kid cereals and onto Wheaties in anticiaption of this momentous occasion.

MarySwiss
11-11-2005, 06:30 PM
I finally got my 8-year-old off of kid cereals and onto Wheaties in anticiaption of this momentous occasion.

Okay, how's this? If you spot it at a supermarket in Tucson, you tell me and if I spot it in Phoenix, I'll tell you.

And since Albertson's owns the Jewel, I would think it'll show up there, but not necessarily. After all, I've been screaming at them for years to carry that Newlyweds' ice cream cake roll and the Home Run Inn frozen pizzas, with no success.

So far.

ChiSoxIn06
11-11-2005, 08:44 PM
lol i work at jewel so im pretty sure ill know when and if they come in...i dont see any reason why they wouldnt carry it.

RadioheadRocks
11-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Okay, how's this? If you spot it at a supermarket in Tucson, you tell me and if I spot it in Phoenix, I'll tell you.

And since Albertson's owns the Jewel, I would think it'll show up there, but not necessarily. After all, I've been screaming at them for years to carry that Newlyweds' ice cream cake roll and the Home Run Inn frozen pizzas, with no success.

So far.

Mmmmmmmm, Newlywed's ice cream cake roll... stop it, you're making me homesick!!! LOL :D:

gowhitesox
11-11-2005, 09:24 PM

Here in San Antonio is all they have on Wheaties boxes is Tim Duncan from June of last year. I will give them a little then I will complain also.

Hendu
11-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Just got mine from the Cub Foods on Elston. :bandance:

mike squires
11-12-2005, 01:08 AM
as usual I'm having to wait here in Champaign.:angry:

That engraved autographed bat will look sweet next to the Wheeties box.:bandance:

IlliniSox4Life
11-12-2005, 01:41 AM
as usual I'm having to wait here in Champaign.:angry:

I am wiating with baited breath in Champaign/Urbana, If you find a place that's selling them, let me know so I can buy out their stock.

chisoxfanatic
11-13-2005, 04:02 AM
I find it weird that someone in Rockford was able to get one yesterday; however, I went grocery shopping at the Dominick's on Roosevelt and Canal, right in the heart of Chicago, and the guy gave me a blank look as to what I was even talking about.

They have the Albert Pujols stuff up right now...I want my Mark Buehrle box!!!

tlebar318
11-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Will these be distributed nationally? I live in Orlando and really want one or two..anyone know?

mike squires
11-13-2005, 10:16 AM
I"m certain it will be distributed nation wide by mid November, which I guess is about now.:D:

PaleHoseGeorge
11-13-2005, 10:45 AM
I find it weird that someone in Rockford was able to get one yesterday; however, I went grocery shopping at the Dominick's on Roosevelt and Canal, right in the heart of Chicago, and the guy gave me a blank look as to what I was even talking about.

They have the Albert Pujols stuff up right now...I want my Mark Buehrle box!!!

He bought his box at a Rockford Wal-mart. There are several reasons why one store might get the boxes to shelf before others, but it's not surprising Wal-mart would be amongst the very first. They are very efficient handling product from their vendors and getting it sold and out the front door quickly. (This the primary reason they can afford to keep their prices so low.)

Wal-mart's store distribution system is highly decentralized for such a vast national operation, so there are no guarantees every Wal-mart will have the box just because Rockford's did. (I wouldn't be surprised to find out Wal-mart has a special deal with General Mills to get all of these special Wheaties commemoratives on a first-ship day basis.)

I recommend checking your local store regularly, but don't neglect the local Jewel or Dominicks either (or whatever your local supermarket chain might be) because they'll have it, too, sooner or later.

cheeses_h_rice
11-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Cub Foods on Touhy in Niles had the Burly boxes in stock last night.

Baby Fisk
11-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Perfect. Could you fax me one? :?:

chisoxfanatic
11-14-2005, 11:06 AM

They should change the name of that grocery store to Sox Foods!

Iwritecode
11-14-2005, 11:43 AM
I got my Burly Wheaties box Saturday night at Wal-Mart. :D:

A little off-topic but I'm pretty sure I can now travel any direction from my house and be to a Wal-Mart (or a McDonalds) within 20 minutes.

There's talk of building a new Wal-Mart just a few miles north of my house now. I guess the one a few miles farther up the road in Janesville, WI isn't close enough...

RadioheadRocks
11-14-2005, 04:08 PM
The World Series/Buehrle boxes aren't available here in Oklahoma yet, but I'm keeping a watch for them. Most of what's on the shelves now are boxes featuring Roberto Clemente (the side panel of these boxes has a blurb on them about the MLB post-season starting October 4); I also looked at the back of the shelves and discovered a couple of Kirk Gibson ("World Series Heroes") and San Antonio Spurs championship boxes as well, so I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before the Buehrle boxes arrive here.

Chez
11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=chisoxfanatic]I find it weird that someone in Rockford was able to get one yesterday; however, I went grocery shopping at the Dominick's on Roosevelt and Canal, right in the heart of Chicago, and the guy gave me a blank look as to what I was even talking about.

Could it be that The Tribune owns Dominick's and this is just another example of the global conspiracy to deprive the Sox of their richly deserved recognition?! Let's boycott.

nug0hs
11-14-2005, 04:54 PM
hey, if any of you got one...can you at least try to scan the front side and show us all what it looks like?

RadioheadRocks
11-14-2005, 04:56 PM
hey, if any of you got one...can you at least try to scan the front side and show us all what it looks like?

Here's a link in the meantime: http://www.wheaties.com/

hose
11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
The Jewel on Elmhurst & Dempster in Des Plaines has Burles.:bandance:

ChiSoxIn06
11-14-2005, 06:47 PM
jewel on grand and mannheim has em...just got mine today

DumpJerry
11-14-2005, 10:46 PM
The Jewel on Irving Park by Cicero (Six Corners) has Pujols.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

cbrownson13
11-15-2005, 12:04 AM
I got mine at the Jewel in DeKalb yesterday. I usually go to Wal-Mart for my shopping here, but Jewel was closer for me to pick up just a few things to eat for the Bears game and I went down the cereal aisle and there it was. It is proudly being displayed on top of my refrigerator.

Iwritecode
11-15-2005, 10:29 AM
What is everyone doing to preserve their box?

I've heard that it's not a good idea to keep the cereal in the box (I like to eat it anyway) so I'm figuring on opening the box up from the bottom and then gluing it. I'm just not sure what kind of glue to use.

Maybe a hot glue gun?

LuvSox
11-15-2005, 01:08 PM
The Strack & Van Til supermarket chain in greater Northwest Indiana has the box, I bought two today.

LuvSox
11-15-2005, 01:13 PM

I've heard that it's not a good idea to keep the cereal in the box (I like to eat it anyway) so I'm figuring on opening the box up from the bottom and then gluing it. I'm just not sure what kind of glue to use.

Maybe a hot glue gun?

I found a Wheaties box junkie with some advice:

http://members.aol.com/www10/storing.html

clogoodie
11-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Checked at the Jewel on Western & Roscoe last night...no Buehrle boxes there yet.

Sox35th
11-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Checked at the Jewel on Western & Roscoe last night...no Buehrle boxes there yet.

I just got two boxes from the Jewel at Broadway & Montrose today. They were on sale for $2.50 per box!! :rolleyes:

mike squires
11-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Imagine my surprise when I enteered Wal mart here in Champaign...when I reached the cereal isle and saw the new Wheatie boxes...then the surprise turned to displeasure and anger when it wasn't our ace but some golfer that just won a tournament.:angry:

MarySwiss
11-15-2005, 02:37 PM
I found a Wheaties box junkie with some advice:

http://members.aol.com/www10/storing.html

I actually find it somewhat odd that people are this into Wheaties collecting!

BTW, Arizona folk, so far I have checked the Wal-Mart in Tempe, a Basha's in Chandler, a Fry's in Tempe, and an Albertson's in Ahwatukee. ALbert Pujols and Roberto Clemente in abundance, but no sign of Buehrle.

mike squires
11-15-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't so much collect them, I just like keeping my shelves looking new and updated. :D: There is a thread in here somewhere of a pic of Brian26 and myself. Good stuff.

hose
11-15-2005, 05:01 PM

Maybe a hot glue gun?

I got an unopened box of Wheaties with Northwestern on it somewhere in the house.:o:

Foulke You
11-15-2005, 05:14 PM
http://www.simpsonloft.net/dandp/images/homermmm.gif
"Mmmmmmm.......Buehrl-ies"

FoulTerritory
11-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Imagine my surprise when I enteered Wal mart here in Champaign...when I reached the cereal isle and saw the new Wheatie boxes...then the surprise turned to displeasure and anger when it wasn't our ace but some golfer that just won a tournament.:angry:

They've got them at the Cub Foods here in Bloomington, IL if you have the time and energy to make a quick trip up I-74.

Paulwny
11-15-2005, 07:35 PM
For those in Naperville, my daughter couldn't find any at Jewel or Dominicks. A stock person told her they were expected to arrive at the end of the week. However, a shopper told her Wal Mart has a huge display.

I haven't eaten Wheaties in over 50 yrs, ugh, hate the stuff. I'll have to consume the 2 boxes she bought, or maybe force my cub fan son-in law to to eat them and I'll keep the boxes.

pissonthecubs
11-15-2005, 07:40 PM

Picked up my box Saturday at wal-mart. The back of the box is very cool with a short little piece about the '05 WORLD CHAMPION WHITE SOX!

WagMan
11-15-2005, 07:40 PM
I work at Walgreens and we just got a shipment of 3 cases of commemorative Wheaties today. So, you can go to more than the local grocer. I would imagine all the stores in Chicago will be receiving theirs this week.

chisoxfanatic
11-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Yes! I scored one today at the Jewel on Roosevelt and Wabash! It was facing upward on the pile of Pujols boxes. I saw the Sox jacket on the side panel, so I thought I'd check that out to see if it was the Buehrle box, and lo and behold, it WAS!!! There was only one other one of those left on the shelf! The box is awesome!

Sox35th
11-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Here is a website that has display cases for the Wheaties boxes.

http://www.crystalcaseworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CC-01&Category_Code=CEREAL

Iwritecode
11-16-2005, 02:39 PM
These things are going for around $10 on Ebay... :?:

Geez, people will overpay for just about anything won't they?

mwc44
11-16-2005, 02:53 PM
They've got them at the Cub Foods here in Bloomington, IL if you have the time and energy to make a quick trip up I-74.

Poetic justice... White Sox World Champion Wheaties Boxes at Cub Foods! :tongue:

Hendu
11-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Geez, people will overpay for just about anything won't they?

:borass:

"Uh-oh. Looks like people are starting to figure out my business model"

MarySwiss
11-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Mmmmmmmm, Newlywed's ice cream cake roll... stop it, you're making me homesick!!! LOL :D:

:hijacked:
But only temporarily. Don't know where you are, RH, but if there's a store anywhere near you that's owned by Kroger, check it out. I turned up ice cream cake roll at our local Fry's. Not quite Newlywed quality, but definitely passable! No word on Home Run Inn frozen pizzas yet, though.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled topic!

Law11
11-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Here is a website that has display cases for the Wheaties boxes.

http://www.crystalcaseworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CC-01&Category_Code=CEREAL

Any container store has the cases as well.

MarySwiss
11-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Okay, this is getting just plain silly now! Safeway, which owns Dominicks, had THREE different Wheaties boxes--Pujols, Clemente, and--get this--one with the Spurs' Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili. Hello, Safeway? This is PHOENIX, for heaven's sake!!

Walgreen's not only didn't have the box; it didn't have Wheaties! :angry:

skobabe8
11-17-2005, 05:14 PM
I was just at Meijer's in Highland, In and they had 2 left. I took one of them, the other was banged up.

Other than that it was all Clemente and Spurs.

Kroozah
11-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Okay, this is getting just plain silly now! Safeway, which owns Dominicks, had THREE different Wheaties boxes--Pujols, Clemente, and--get this--one with the Spurs' Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili. Hello, Safeway? This is PHOENIX, for heaven's sake!!

These are the same boxes that are all around the bay area here....

MarySwiss
11-17-2005, 07:48 PM
These are the same boxes that are all around the bay area here....

Kroozah, that makes me wonder if anyone west of the Continental Divide has seen the Buehrle boxes. I'm not calling this a case of "East Coast" bias.

Not yet anyway!

Paulwny
11-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Kroozah, that makes me wonder if anyone west of the Continental Divide has seen the Buehrle boxes. I'm not calling this a case of "East Coast" bias.

Not yet anyway!

Contact General Mills:
http://consumercontacts.generalmills.com/ConsolidatedContact.aspx?page=http://www.generalmills.com/corporate

MarySwiss
11-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Contact General Mills:
http://consumercontacts.generalmills.com/ConsolidatedContact.aspx?page=http://www.generalmills.com/corporate

Thanks, Paulwny. Here's the message I sent:

How come I cannot find a Mark Buehrle Wheaties Box anywhere in the greater Phoenix, Arizona, area? The Sox train in Tucson and if you don't think there are Sox fans in Arizona, think again!

Brian26
11-17-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't so much collect them, I just like keeping my shelves looking new and updated. :D: There is a thread in here somewhere of a pic of Brian26 and myself. Good stuff.

Not a pic of us together, but a pic of our shelves :D: I'll have to post an update sometime once I retire the Valentin and Loaiza bobbleheads.

Kroozah
11-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Contact General Mills:

Thank you...

Just dropped them a note also... can't hurt any.

ChiSoxGirl
11-17-2005, 11:12 PM
I picked up mine today at the Jewel in Des Plaines on Lee & Oakton. It's AWESOME, Buehrls is AWESOME! It now sits adorned atop the trophy case in my room, next to my Sox World Series Champions pennant! :D:

TheKittle
11-18-2005, 06:48 PM
I went to a Wal Mart about 15 mins from Anaheim Stadium and dang if they didn't have the Wheaties box with MB!!! There were only two boxes and both were damaged so I didn't buy them. Maybe they'll restock them next week.

I went to my local supermarket and they have the Spurs Wheaties box but no White Sox. Hopefully I'll be able to find undamaged Wheaties boxes around here and SOON.

MarySwiss
11-18-2005, 06:53 PM
I went to a Wal Mart about 15 mins from Anaheim Stadium and dang if they didn't have the Wheaties box with MB!!! There were only two boxes and both were damaged so I didn't by them. Maybe they'll restock them next week.

I went to my local supermarket and they have the Spurs Wheaties box but no White Sox. Hopefully I'll be able to find undamaged Wheaties boxes around here.

Wow! A west-of-the-Continental-Divide sighting! There may be hope! Thanks, Kittle!

TheKittle
11-18-2005, 06:59 PM
I will be going to Tempe for XMas. If I find more boxes, I'll get one for you. Chandler is near Tempe right?

MarySwiss
11-18-2005, 07:25 PM
I will be going to Tempe for XMas. If I find more boxes, I'll get one for you. Chandler is near Tempe right?

Yes, and you are a sweetheart! I am in West Chandler, just a couple of blocks from South Tempe, roughly Ray Rd. and Kyrene, just east of I-10. Drop me a PM and we'll hook up. And much thanks!

mike squires
11-21-2005, 12:30 AM
Wow, I finally got this baby at County Market here in Champaign. I never knew it would be so hard to 1) find him on the cover and 2) find a box in good condition. Many were banged up. I finally found one with only a dinc in the corner.

I think I mentioned the Sox on a Wheeties box back in mid-summer. Never thought it would come true. :whiner: Those are tears of joy folks, tears of joy!