View Full Version : Another trade speculation thread

buehrle4cy05
11-11-2005, 02:47 PM
This kinda makes sense, if Konerko chooses to leave:
White Sox get:
Juan Pierre, Guillermo Mota, and Carlos Delgado
Marlins get:
Aaron Rowand, Damaso Marte, Chris Young, Casey Rogowski

I'm not coming out and saying that I'm in favor of it, but with the glut of young outfielders (I'm talking Sweeney, Owens, Borchard) that we have, I think that Young would be expendable. Pierre could bat 2 for us, which would give us at least 100 steals in the top 2 in the order. Delgado would be a powerful cleanup hitter and Iguchi could be moved down to 5 or 6 in the order, depending on if we re-sign Thomas. Pierre can cover about the same amount of ground as Rowand, but has a weaker arm. I would love to see Mota in the 7th or 8th inning, where he was extremely successful with the Dodgers. Losing Rogo would hurt, but Delgado is signed for another 3 seasons, IIRC. The lineup would look like this w/o Thomas:
Pods
Pierre
Dye
Delgado
Iguchi
A.J.
Crede
Uribe
DH (TBD-could be a guy like Anderson, Gload, Borchard, or a free agent/trade)

with Thomas:
Pods
Pierre
Dye
Delgado
Thomas
Iguchi
A.J.
Crede
Uribe

SoxFan76
11-11-2005, 02:51 PM
I hate to pick on new-ish posters, as I was a new poster not long ago, but doesn't it seem like all these trade speculation threads are started by people who have joined in the last 8-10 months? What's the deal?

Tekijawa
11-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I hate to pick on new-ish posters, as I was a new poster not long ago, but doesn't it seem like all these trade speculation threads are started by people who have joined in the last 8-10 months? What's the deal?

They haven't had the chance to be beaten down by the reality of being a Sox fan yet... and especially a Sox fan on this board.

Optipessimism
11-11-2005, 02:58 PM
I think any trades that happen are going to happen after Konerko and Furcal both sign because IMO the Sox will have interest in both. If Konerko goes, I could see a strong push for Furcal which could then make it possible for a deal like Delgado (1B/DH) + Pierre (CF) + Lowell (1B/DH) for Rowand/Anderson + Uribe + Marte + Gload + prospect possible. Gonzalez looks like he is headed otu of FLA so they will need a CF, SS, and 1B if they trade Delgado. We'd be taking on a lot of salary so they'd have to eat some, but they would be getting a much cheaper group of players in return. Rowand/Anderson could cover in that big OF, they'd love Juan's D, Marte would be a project, and Gload would be a nice platoon player if they went that route at 1B.

**EDIT: That said, I doubt we pick up Furcal but I would still think a trade with Florida would be more probable than other teams since Ozzie is familiar with many of their players.

Ol' No. 2
11-11-2005, 02:58 PM
I hate to pick on new-ish posters, as I was a new poster not long ago, but doesn't it seem like all these trade speculation threads are started by people who have joined in the last 8-10 months? What's the deal?They haven't had the joy of living through last year's endless trade speculation threads.

Randar68
11-11-2005, 02:59 PM
They haven't had the joy of living through last year's endless trade speculation threads.

Plus, I haven't called them dumb, naive, ignorant, etc...

yet

buehrle4cy05
11-11-2005, 03:00 PM

I joined in January, so I need my fill of it now.

veeter
11-11-2005, 03:03 PM
I think any trades that happen are going to happen after Konerko and Furcal both sign because IMO the Sox will have interest in both. If Konerko goes, I could see a strong push for Furcal which could then make it possible for a deal like Delgado (1B/DH) + Pierre (CF) + Lowell (1B/DH) for Rowand/Anderson + Uribe + Marte + Gload + prospect possible. Gonzalez looks like he is headed otu of FLA so they will need a CF, SS, and 1B if they trade Delgado. We'd be taking on a lot of salary so they'd have to eat some, but they would be getting a much cheaper group of players in return. Rowand/Anderson could cover in that big OF, they'd love Juan's D, Marte would be a project, and Gload would be a nice platoon player if they went that route at 1B.

**EDIT: That said, I doubt we pick up Furcal but I would still think a trade with Florida would be more probable than other teams since Ozzie is familiar with many of their players. Are you out of your freakin' mind? Why are you so complicated? My God, my brain just did a half gainor with a twist.

Randar68
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Are you out of your freakin' mind!!!!

"I'm sorry, veeter, but the question must be in the form of a question."

veeter
11-11-2005, 03:05 PM
"I'm sorry, veeter, but the question must be in the form of a question." Just fixed it.

bobowhite
11-11-2005, 03:28 PM
This all depends on does Konerko sign.

Tragg
11-11-2005, 03:35 PM
This kinda makes sense, if Konerko chooses to leave:
White Sox get:
Juan Pierre, Guillermo Mota, and Carlos Delgado
Marlins get:
Aaron Rowand, Damaso Marte, Chris Young, Casey Rogowski

No thank you.
Why do we want PIerre, off of a horrendous year? Mota - horrendous/injured year. And there is no reason for the World Champions to trade their best prospect. Young and McCarthy need to be untouchable. We're going to need young in 2 years - quality player who plays for little $.
It demonstrates, again, why we need to sign Konerko or some big time hitter.

SoxFan76
11-11-2005, 03:49 PM
They haven't had the joy of living through last year's endless trade speculation threads.

Yeah they get kind of annoying. But it's my own fault. I know what I'm getting myself into when I look at WTS.

Taliesinrk
11-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Well.. as a fellow newcomer in the past year, I'd like to say that this is the best trade proposal that I've seen yet..

CHIsoxNation
11-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Well.. as a fellow newcomer in the past year, I'd like to say that this is the best trade proposal that I've seen yet..

That's because it would never happen. The sox would get three of their best guys on the team. Mota is a great reliever when he has his stuff, Pierre is one of the catalyst to their offense and Delgado provides most of the power behind Cabrera.

And they would get Rowand who is a gold glove caliber center fielder and about a .290 hitter, Marte who has been on a decline the past couple of years, and a couple of guys that haven't proved anything on the big league level.

I mean, let's be realistic here.

Randar68
11-11-2005, 04:49 PM

Anybody preaching realism without doing the math on how much SALARY would be changing hands needs to pipe down.

Jjav829
11-11-2005, 04:53 PM
I came up with a trade proposal of my own. Let me know what you guys think.

White Sox receive:
Albert Pujols, Scott Rolen, Chris Carpenter
Cardinals receive:
Ross Gload, Joe Crede, El Duque, Joe Borchard, Ryan Sweeney, Willie Harris, Luiz Vicaino

It works out great. The Sox fill the hole at 1B, get a nice upgrade at 3B and add a great arm to the starting rotation. The Cardinals would get Gload back to play 1B since Pujols is gone. Crede could take over for Rolen and El Duque for Carpenter. The Cards need an outfielder so maybe they would want Borchard to see if he breaks out. Harris can start for them with Grudz gone. Vizcaino gives their bullpen depth and Sweeney is a good prospect for them. Great trade, huh? :rolleyes:

CHIsoxNation
11-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Anybody preaching realism without doing the math on how much SALARY would be changing hands needs to pipe down.

I understand that.

I mean, as nice it would be to have Pierre, Delgado and Mota - it just wouldn't happen for the players that were mentioned.

julio-cruz
11-11-2005, 05:02 PM
In the event we don't sign Paulie, I would like to see a trade involving Bobby Abreu (Venezuelen): Abreu playing right, Anderson in Center, and Dye/Gload at first: Send Rowand and Marte to Philly. Take on Abreu's contract, because it's a few million off of what Konerko will accept. Plus this team needs more Left-handed bats.
Let's face it, the Sox still have too many right-handed bats in the line-up. They had a great team this year, but Cleveland has proven that they are waiting in the wings; plus, Minnesota was in a year of transition.

Ol' No. 2
11-11-2005, 05:15 PM

White Sox receive:
Cardinals receive:
Ross Gload, Joe Crede, El Duque, Joe Borchard, Ryan Sweeney, Willie Harris, Luiz Vicaino

It works out great. The Sox fill the hole at 1B, get a nice upgrade at 3B and add a great arm to the starting rotation. The Cardinals would get Gload back to play 1B since Pujols is gone. Crede could take over for Rolen and El Duque for Carpenter. The Cards need an outfielder so maybe they would want Borchard to see if he breaks out. Harris can start for them with Grudz gone. Vizcaino gives their bullpen depth and Sweeney is a good prospect for them. Great trade, huh? :rolleyes: Wasn't Rolen injured much of last year? No thanks.:tongue:

buehrle4cy05
11-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Looking at it again, that trade would never happen. I am a :dumbass:

julio-cruz
11-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Why don't we throw in Scott Ruffcorn too while were at it? ****, I left my Teal at home.....oh well!

Domeshot17
11-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Isn't Mota a free agent. I could be wrong, but I could swear he is.

Either way thats a horrible, horrible trade. No way Mike Lowell, off a Gold Glove year and an offensive nightmare, moves to first or DH, and DH is even dumber because why take a guy whos only value is his glove ( and no thank you at his enormous salary) and stick him at DH. Unless Jose Conseco is going to come back to Chicago for a day, visit Lowell, and hook him back up with a season long cycled supply of his hitting ability, this trade is a disaster.

If you want to throw out trade rumors, let us know where you heard it, but just because you heard delgado might be on his way if PK leaves, doesnt mean throw in 2 more guys and then guys we send.

At this rate, whats the over/under on Griffey Trade threads this offseason.

MarySwiss
11-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjav829

White Sox receive:
Cardinals receive:

It works out great. The Sox fill the hole at 1B, get a nice upgrade at 3B and add a great arm to the starting rotation. The Cardinals would get Gload back to play 1B since Pujols is gone. Crede could take over for Rolen and El Duque for Carpenter. The Cards need an outfielder so maybe they would want Borchard to see if he breaks out. Harris can start for them with Grudz gone. Vizcaino gives their bullpen depth and Sweeney is a good prospect for them. Great trade, huh? :rolleyes:

Wasn't Rolen injured much of last year? No thanks.:tongue:

So, this is what an offseason at WSI looks like. Doofy speculation. Okay, I can deal with that.

But here's my idea of reality. How about we sign Paulie at any price short of insanity ($17M/5 would be insane, $15M/5 would not, IMO) and try to pick up a moderately priced bat in case (no teal) Frank can't go at DH? As for everything else, why fix what isn't broken?

Edit: Just so ya know, when I referred to "doofy speculation," I was picking up on your theme, Jjav and Ol'No.2. I was not referring to your comments.

Ol' No. 2
11-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjav829

White Sox receive:
Cardinals receive:

So, this is what an offseason at WSI looks like. Doofy speculation. Okay, I can deal with that. Not.

How about we sign Paulie at any price short of insanity ($17M/5 would be insane, $15M/5 would not, IMO) and try to pick up a moderately priced bat in case (no teal) Frank can't go at DH? As for everything else, why fix what isn't broken?

Edit: Just so ya know, when I referred to "doofy speculation," I was picking up on your theme, Jjav and Ol'No.2. I was not referring to your comments.Bad news. The hot stove hasn't really heated up yet. It gets worse.:(:

MarySwiss
11-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Bad news. The hot stove hasn't really heated up yet. It gets worse.:(:

Yikes! Scary! But at least I have my WS Champs gear to see me through it!

Taliesinrk
11-11-2005, 06:18 PM

Wow.. a bit wierd.. I figured you'd be the one to jump on me Randar... but that was my point exactly; they want to dump salaries, and those are some pretty good young players w/ the exception of Marte (who I don't hate as much as some in these parts).. but they did take Koch, ya know..

Furthermore, I don't think this trade could happen, honestly, but i also think that it's probably not as far-fetched as some seem to make it seem.. adjusting perhaps one or two players in there may not be so bad, and in my opinion (w/ the loss of Konerko) would be a solid trade.

Taliesinrk
11-11-2005, 06:41 PM
That's because it would never happen. The sox would get three of their best guys on the team. Mota is a great reliever when he has his stuff, Pierre is one of the catalyst to their offense and Delgado provides most of the power behind Cabrera.

And they would get Rowand who is a gold glove caliber center fielder and about a .290 hitter, Marte who has been on a decline the past couple of years, and a couple of guys that haven't proved anything on the big league level.

Being realistic, and not taking into consideration salaries (which is the main reason for this whole thing) is the fact that Mota (age 32) had an ERA of almost 5 last year and is arbitration-eligible (i know salary). Pierre did not have a good year hitting only .276 w/ an OBP of just over .320. Ok, I lied, salary must be brought in.. Pierre is only makes not even $4mil, but the MArlins are looking to dump. Reports are that Mota's salary could potentially double and well Delgado.. that's giagantic..
Pretty much, they're dumping salary in order to show that they're ready to move if they can't get public funding for a stadium, which, according to ESPN.com, looks worse and worse.
Do i think it will happen? No.. the would most likely need a bit more power.. Do I think I need to be realistic? No, because I am.. this was the best trade proposal I've seen on here so far.. the rest have to say it nicely been absolutely atrocious. anyway, that's all i've got.