PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets???

mikesouthside
11-11-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure about rules or anything here and I don't want to cause trouble...I am stressing out. I have been an Ozzie/Minnie plan for a few seasons. I am worried about getting seats for 2006. (Don't want to be up top). If I were to buy 4 season tickets in the outfield, would people be intrested in buying..(FACE plus parking) Day plans? Like ALL TUE GAMES/ALL WED GAMES etc? Just throwing it out there. I haven't bought anything yet. I would eat too many w/o outside help. I don't have many Sox fans out here in the NW Burbs. Again I have NOT done anything and I am just looking to see if there is any intrest before I proceed. YOU WOULD NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING !!!!

bobowhite
11-11-2005, 12:06 PM
You know if you get full season tickets, and you know that you won't be going to some games several weeks in advance, then you can donate them to a charity (the Sox ticket office will help you with this) and get a tax deduction. Not that this is like selling them, but it does help out.

Sox35th
11-11-2005, 12:46 PM
I am a new season ticker holder for 2006 (27 weekday plan) I went down to the Cell and meet with a rep that helped me pick out my seats (two) this past Monday. My rep took all my info and card number and said I was all set and should see some info in the mail about my account. So, my question is how long dose it take to see the info in the mail? What kind of info do they send? Also, how dose the system work for getting more Sox/Cubs tickest? My plan has the game on Friday, but I would like to get Sat/Sun games also. I really didn't have much time to ask all the question that I wanted to with my rep...had to get back to work.

Any information about being a new season ticket holder would be a great help!!

Thanks.....Go Sox!!

Ol' No. 2
11-11-2005, 12:48 PM
I am a new season ticker holder for 2006 (27 weekday plan) I went down to the Cell and meet with a rep that helped me pick out my seats (two) this past Monday. My rep took all my info and card number and said I was all set and should see some info in the mail about my account. So, my question is how long dose it take to see the info in the mail? What kind of info do they send? Also, how dose the system work for getting more Sox/Cubs tickest? My plan has the game on Friday, but I would like to get Sat/Sun games also. I really didn't have much time to ask all the question that I wanted to with my rep...had to get back to work.

Thanks.....Go Sox!!Send him an email and he'll answer all your questions. Just don't expect an answer back right away. They've been reeeaaallllly busy lately.

SoxFan78
11-11-2005, 01:05 PM

Thanks.....Go Sox!!

as far as cubs/sox tickets, i think you can get tickets to the other two games up to the # of seats you have in your plan.

Dolly
11-11-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure about rules or anything here and I don't want to cause trouble...I am stressing out. I have been an Ozzie/Minnie plan for a few seasons. I am worried about getting seats for 2006. (Don't want to be up top). If I were to buy 4 season tickets in the outfield, would people be intrested in buying..(FACE plus parking) Day plans? Like ALL TUE GAMES/ALL WED GAMES etc? Just throwing it out there. I haven't bought anything yet. I would eat too many w/o outside help. I don't have many Sox fans out here in the NW Burbs. Again I have NOT done anything and I am just looking to see if there is any intrest before I proceed. YOU WOULD NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING !!!!

You could also try to sell them on the White Sox ticket exchange. I have done that before and it worked out quite nicely. :smile:

Dolly
11-11-2005, 02:05 PM
as far as cubs/sox tickets, i think you can get tickets to the other two games up to the # of seats you have in your plan.

I know that always used to be the case, but I heard that they are not doing that this year. The deadline to order them was usually around Dec. 1st., and I have not received my order form yet. Does anyone know for sure? I just emailed my ticket rep to find out, but I don't expect a response too soon (not complaining... I'm just saying).

Tekijawa
11-11-2005, 02:31 PM
I know that always used to be the case, but I heard that they are not doing that this year. The deadline to order them was usually around Dec. 1st., and I have not received my order form yet. Does anyone know for sure? I just emailed my ticket rep to find out, but I don't expect a response too soon (not complaining... I'm just saying).

My guy said that I would be able to order up to my total of season ticket seasts held in the upperdeck (I have lower deck ST's) for both the Cubs sox Tickets and Opening day tickets for the games I don't already own (I'm already going to Saturday and Sunday Cubs Sox, So I will only get Friday's UD option) late this year early next, but he assured me it would be before they go on sale to the public. This was about a month ago, so I don't know if it's changed but that is what he said at the time.

steff
11-11-2005, 03:30 PM
My guy said that I would be able to order up to my total of season ticket seasts held in the upperdeck (I have lower deck ST's) for both the Cubs sox Tickets and Opening day tickets for the games I don't already own (I'm already going to Saturday and Sunday Cubs Sox, So I will only get Friday's UD option) late this year early next, but he assured me it would be before they go on sale to the public. This was about a month ago, so I don't know if it's changed but that is what he said at the time.

We have always gotten double the seats we have... we're full season though..

TheDarkGundam
11-11-2005, 05:39 PM
You could try charging a ridiculous amount for tickets you don't want on Stubhub

Chips
11-11-2005, 08:22 PM

I heard the lower deck was sold out for next season. I could be wrong.

itsnotrequired
11-11-2005, 08:44 PM

:tealpolice:

Chips
11-11-2005, 08:48 PM
:tealpolice:

No teal required.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61955

itsnotrequired
11-12-2005, 12:59 AM
No teal required.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61955

A thread started by Hangar is now considered a credible source?:rolleyes:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051110soxtix,1,4851106.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Despite Internet rumors, the White Sox haven't sold all their lower deck seats. Boyer added that about 30 seats remain in the club level and the team has sold nearly 290 of their 318 scouts section seats behind home plate.

Flight #24
11-12-2005, 01:05 AM

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-051110soxtix,1,4851106.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

As confirmation, just today I purchased 3x Double Play tix in sec 159. For 3, they had Lower Box in both corners and in the OF. Had I wanted 2, I could have gotten about 2/3 of the way from the bases to the OF.

NOT. SOLD. OUT.

(So keep buying, hopefully soon!)

Dolly
11-12-2005, 01:07 AM

Hmmm... are you saying the Cubune is considered a credible source? :wink:

steff
11-12-2005, 06:06 AM
Hmmm... are you saying the Cubune is considered a credible source? :wink:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.. LOL

To be serious.. I'd say Brooks is a credible source.. and he called out Henry's bull****.

comet2k
11-12-2005, 03:40 PM
When I bought the 27-game Double Play plan Thursday I was told that the best lower box seats available were Section 110, Row 18. Instead, I opted for Section 524 (even with first base), Row 12 on an aisle. I'm not fond of the upper deck, but Section 110 looks a long way from home plate.

I originally planned to get the 13-game Ozzie Plan, but in lurking around here and talking to season ticket holders, it looked like there wouldn't be much left by the time the Ozzie Plan went on sale. Yes, there are lower deck seats available, but nothing close to home plate.

You may have better luck going for the weekday Hit and Run plan (I didn't ask) or a full season ticket. Someone who bought a full season during the World Series asked for Premium Upper Box but was told they were gone. The best he could get in October was Section 524, Row 8 -- four rows ahead of my seats.

itsnotrequired
11-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Looks like those 30 Club Level seats the Brooks mentioned on Friday have finally been sold.

https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/premium/club.jsp

CLUB LEVEL SEATS ARE SOLD OUT FOR THE 2006 SEASON. TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITING LIST, PLEASE SUBMIT A REQUEST HERE (https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/information_form.jsp)

EDIT: Premium Lower Box is sold out as well. Premium Upper Box is also sold out for the "Double Play" split-season package (weekend games). I would take that to mean that full-season and "Hit and Run" split-season seats are still available in Premium Upper Box.

https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/prices.jsp

Kuzman
11-15-2005, 11:40 AM
I just picked up 2 for the Double Play Plan. Sec. 110 Row 25 Seats 20 and 21. I gave up three rows for 2 aisle seats. I've sat there before. It isn't too bad of a seat. I just want to hear Gene Honda say, ..Your World Champion Chicago White Sox atleast 30 times next year :gulp:

Plus Sec. 100 is right there next to the bar, I can get back to my seat right away if I don't decide to stick around.

cwsfannick
11-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Just changed my season ticket plan from the hit and run to a full season plan. Sitting in section 160 row 10 seat 13.

itsnotrequired
11-15-2005, 06:07 PM
So I just got my first invoice for my full season plan and THAY ARE THE WRONG SEATS!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Frantically trying to reach a sales rep...

JohnBasedowYoda
11-15-2005, 06:55 PM

My dad tried to buy the weekend plan (4 tix) and the best tickets he could get were upper deck section 524 row 12. lower deck was full except for club or scout seats.

TONY23
11-15-2005, 07:02 PM
My dad tried to buy the weekend plan (4 tix) and the best tickets he could get were upper deck section 524 row 12. lower deck was full except for club or scout seats.

we picked up 2 seats in 102 sec on the double play good place to catch homeruns, Rep said OZZIE PLAN might be short this year, I was gonna wait for the ozzie but when half with another guy on the DOUBLEPLAY , You get more playoff tix WHEN WE GO BACK TO POST SEASSON INSTEAD OF THE OZZIE PLAN

winitall
11-15-2005, 07:07 PM
So I just got my first invoice for my full season plan and THAY ARE THE WRONG SEATS!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

I just got my invoice today, and it was for the wrong seats also. I'm going to try to call my rep tomorrow (and/or e-mail him). Let me know what you hear from your rep.

itsnotrequired
11-15-2005, 07:09 PM
I just got my invoice today, and it was for the wrong seats also. I'm going to try to call my rep tomorrow (and/or e-mail him). Let me know what you hear from your rep.

Too bad my rep is out of the office until Friday.:angry: I left a message with a couple other reps.

By the way, do you have a full or split plan?

winitall
11-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Too bad my rep is out of the office until Friday.:angry: I left a message with a couple other reps.

By the way, do you have a full or split plan?

Full plan - I was told I was going to be in 159, but the invoice says 101. I'll post here if I hear anything from my rep tomorrow.

itsnotrequired
11-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Full plan - I was told I was going to be in 159, but the invoice says 101. I'll post here if I hear anything from my rep tomorrow.

Mine are the wrong seats but in the same section. I originally wanted to get Section 520, Row 5, Seats 14-15. These are aisle seats and 520 is along the first base side. As he was processing the order, I remembered that the aisle seats on that side would require me to look through the handrails along the "walkways" into the seating area. I asked the guy if seats 1 and 2 were available instead. He checked and said they were and I asked for those instead. He did some more typing, took down my credit card info, etc. Then he said "Okay, all set for Sec. 520, Row 5 Seats 1-2." I thanked him and was feeling psyched.

Got the invoice today and it sure enough, it is for Sec. 520, Row 5, Seats 14-15.:(:

SouthSide_HitMen
11-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Mine are the wrong seats but in the same section. I originally wanted to get Section 520, Row 5, Seats 14-15. These are aisle seats and 520 is along the first base side. As he was processing the order, I remembered that the aisle seats on that side would require me to look through the handrails along the "walkways" into the seating area. I asked the guy if seats 1 and 2 were available instead. He checked and said they were and I asked for those instead. He did some more typing, took down my credit card info, etc. Then he said "Okay, all set for Sec. 520, Row 5 Seats 1-2." I thanked him and was feeling psyched.

Got the invoice today and it sure enough, it is for Sec. 520, Row 5, Seats 14-15.:(:

They originally had me in the same seats one or two rows back edit - in section 522 (and quoted me one set of seats which were different than the ones on the signed agreement - they said the tickets were someone else's and the cut and pasted the wrong seats - then again it was a madhouse World Series week so I wasn't upset). I went to the seats at the World Series and it looked like people walking up and down the aisle would interfere with your view of home plate so I had them switch the tickets. It took a few days for them to get back to me the week after the World Series but when my rep called me back I was able to switch to the middle of Row 9 in Section 526 which is in between home and first base so I don't think I will have the same problem but won't know until opening day.

I agree with you it is better to be in Seats 1 and 2 even if you have to go up a couple of rows. I don't want anything interfering with my view of the game and I think next year a lot of amateurs will be at the games - sort of like Sunday day games for the Hawks (back when I had tickets and back when people actually went) where people would be getting in and out every ten minutes, didn't wait for the whistle, etc so you don't want seats where the action is blocked by people coming up and down the aisles.

People with pre existing 27 game plans have seat priority (meaning they did not give up their pre existing prior season(s) order) which makes sense as you don't want to screw over your loyal fan base for Johnnie come latelys (like me) even though they are not buying the full package. People with partial plans have better seats both downstairs and upstairs (vs. new full season ticket orders) but I think new full season ticket buyers should have priority over new 27 seat plan buyers. I don't know if that is the case as I think they block out sections / rows for full season tickets and sections / rows for partial season tickets. They didn't expect the surge in full season tickets which is why they sold partial tickets where they could now fill full 81 game plans but who would have thunk it?

I don't know if Ozzie Plans keep their seats or not - I don't think 13 games warrants priority over a full or 27 game plan. Heck I went to over 20 games without any plan last season.

HebrewHammer
11-15-2005, 09:56 PM
I just got my invoice, actually I just checked my account, and my seats will remain the same for my weekend plan. Sec 531 Row 6 seats 3 & 4. Upper tank behind home plate. I was a little worried about losing the seats. If I couldn't sit where I wanted to I wasn't going to renew.

Palehose13
11-15-2005, 10:25 PM
I don't know if Ozzie Plans keep their seats or not - I don't think 13 games warrants priority over a full or 27 game plan. Heck I went to over 20 games without any plan last season.

The Ozzie plan people don't have set seats. Last year I had the Ozzie Plan for lower deck box and never had the same seat twice. Also, the tickets are like ticketmaster tickets instead of the season ticketholder tickets.

SouthSide_HitMen
11-15-2005, 10:48 PM
The Ozzie plan people don't have set seats. Last year I had the Ozzie Plan for lower deck box and never had the same seat twice. Also, the tickets are like ticketmaster tickets instead of the season ticketholder tickets.

Yes I forgot about how those plans worked. I bought a couple 7 or 9 game packages in the past (but of course none in 2005). It would be much easier trying to sell games with tickets downstairs. I still think there will be a very good demand for tickets next season (even infield seats in the Upper Deck) and for non April / May & Weekday games it won't be hard to get face - at least in 2006. I will probably either donate the day games and some of the other early games or I will cash the unused tickets for future games so more than two people can go (I only have two seats). Hopefully I can pass along a few here as well.

Does anyone know when they ship the tickets? Early March? When do they give you a chance to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the general public? Also, I didn't see anything here about an after the season get together / Q & A which I think they have done after prior seasons. I think the pesky World Series may have spoiled those plans. I have never been to Sox Fest (well at least since 1984 in Comiskey when the slogan was Sox Fest, Baseball's Best) but may go if tickets become available. Is it more for adults or kids or both? Outside of autographs or Q & As with Kenny Williams (and the post Fest drinking which I have read about here) what else goes on there?

Soxfanspcu11
11-15-2005, 10:52 PM
It seems like pretty much everyone received their invoices today, I did as well. There were no problems with my tickets, thankfully.

However I would also like to know when the tickets are mailed out.

chisoxfan83
11-15-2005, 11:11 PM
i believe last year, i had the double play plan and belive i received them early to mid march. the orders go out to the printers the first week of Feb or so then it takes about 4 weeks from then.

itsnotrequired
11-16-2005, 11:26 AM

Okay, I finally got through to a rep. He wasn't the one who took the original order so he isn't sure why the seats are different. I'm guessing that since I changed my choice during the order process, some confusion was introduced.

Anyway, I'm now in Row 6, Seats 1-2. So I am one row further back than I thought I would be. No biggie...

dcb33
11-16-2005, 11:53 AM
It seems like pretty much everyone received their invoices today, I did as well. There were no problems with my tickets, thankfully.

However I would also like to know when the tickets are mailed out.

When I purhcased my Hit and Run Plan the week before last, I asked my rep when I should expect to receive my tickets and she said they would arrive in the mail a couple weeks before Opening Day.

ewokpelts
11-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Yes I forgot about how those plans worked. I bought a couple 7 or 9 game packages in the past (but of course none in 2005). It would be much easier trying to sell games with tickets downstairs. I still think there will be a very good demand for tickets next season (even infield seats in the Upper Deck) and for non April / May & Weekday games it won't be hard to get face - at least in 2006. I will probably either donate the day games and some of the other early games or I will cash the unused tickets for future games so more than two people can go (I only have two seats). Hopefully I can pass along a few here as well.

Does anyone know when they ship the tickets? Early March? When do they give you a chance to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the general public? Also, I didn't see anything here about an after the season get together / Q & A which I think they have done after prior seasons. I think the pesky World Series may have spoiled those plans. I have never been to Sox Fest (well at least since 1984 in Comiskey when the slogan was Sox Fest, Baseball's Best) but may go if tickets become available. Is it more for adults or kids or both? Outside of autographs or Q & As with Kenny Williams (and the post Fest drinking which I have read about here) what else goes on there? the white sox let st holders sell thier tix directly on whitesox.com...the money from the sale goes into your account(to pay for playoff or season tix)....oh, and you can sell for over face
Gene

chisoxmike
11-16-2005, 05:15 PM
When I purhcased my Hit and Run Plan the week before last, I asked my rep when I should expect to receive my tickets and she said they would arrive in the mail a couple weeks before Opening Day.

I assume thats when the media guide comes in the mail too. Last year, I ordered the Ozzie plan and got the tickets before Chirstmas.

Does anyone know when you can order extras for opening day and the Sox/Cubs series? I assume its after you pay off your balance first.

Dolly
11-16-2005, 07:31 PM
I assume thats when the media guide comes in the mail too. Last year, I ordered the Ozzie plan and got the tickets before Chirstmas.

Does anyone know when you can order extras for opening day and the Sox/Cubs series? I assume its after you pay off your balance first.The last couple of years they sent an order form with the first invoice, and the deadline to order them was the same as the deadline for the 2nd deposit on your ST's (which is Dec. 8th this year). I have not received and order form yet, and I've emailed my ticket rep a few times to find out about it, and I have yet to hear from him. I decided that if I don't hear from him by Dec. 5th, I am going down there in person to figure it all out.

Sox35th
11-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Two weeks ago my rep said that they will be sending forms out in mid Dec. for extra Sox/Cub tickets. (They were still working out details)

chisoxfan83
11-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Two weeks ago my rep said that they will be sending forms out in mid Dec. for extra Sox/Cub tickets. (They were still working out details)

did your rep or any of the other reps say anything about opening day tickets? I heard from mine that they didnt know if they were going to be able to offer that option this year to split season ticket holders...was wondering if anyone else had any news.

Sox35th
11-16-2005, 09:03 PM
did your rep or any of the other reps say anything about opening day tickets? I heard from mine that they didnt know if they were going to be able to offer that option this year to split season ticket holders...was wondering if anyone else had any news.

I don't know about opening day? But I was just thinking again about the Cubs/Sox. If there is going to be 18,000 plus ST ticket holder next year how many extra Cubs/Sox tickets will be available? The Cell only holds 41,000....so I would think not every ST holder will get extra tickets? This is my first season as a ST holder...to get extra tickets is it first come first serve? or dose it go by how long you have been a season ticket holder?

IggyD
11-17-2005, 07:13 AM

Every attachment I received about split st plans indicates that you have that option. I would not think they could just take that away...then what...next no option to get playoff tickets or a WS ticket...contractually I do not think it could happen...

nevr say dye sox
11-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I just got off the phone with my rep, and he said that they are not sure if they are going have extra tickets to offer for Cubs/ Sox game. They are still calls ringing off the hook for season tickets. He also said that the only way they would offer a program for extra tickets is if they could offer it to all Full Season ticket holders. However, if they sell to many season tickets and don't enough for all Full Season ticket holders they are not going to offer that special. So from the looks of it Split Season holders are out, and a slim chance for Full ticket holders!

steff
11-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Every attachment I received about split st plans indicates that you have that option. I would not think they could just take that away...then what...next no option to get playoff tickets or a WS ticket...contractually I do not think it could happen...

They can, and will. You have the option, not right. Senority will be the deciding factor.

TONY23
11-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Just changed my season ticket plan from the hit and run to a full season plan. Sitting in section 160 row 10 seat 13.

what did that cost>?